Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Yes....either that or motherhood has done wonders for her complexion...

...or an interesting combination thereof...

it's motherhood. and a bit of extra weight. and her eye makeup's a bit softer. and, and... and it's amanda. *finallly*.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
      Is it just me or do you all think Amanda looks differant?
      Her eye make up looks a little differant but it's something else as well (aside from the fact that she is mum to little Olivia!)
      If by looking different, you mean hotter, then yes

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
        Is it just me or do you all think Amanda looks differant?
        Her eye make up looks a little differant but it's something else as well (aside from the fact that she is mum to little Olivia!)
        Ya know... when I first saw the photos of Amanda I thought she looked really different too. Initially I just thought it was the fact that she had just had Olivia, but now that I look at all of these other photos as well, I'm starting to think that someone's done some major touch-up work on all of these guys.
        I mean they all look wondeful, but they also look flawless. Like all the little laugh lines, and wrinkles around the eyes have been smoothed. And there is definitely something different with Amanda's eyes... they normally look almost unreal... anime-like, but they don't in the SciFi promos. I think that may be what we are noticing, but I definitely agree with you Tara.

Hopefully someone will get some good shots of Amanda at the Comic Con next week and we'll get to see if these photos are real or just touched up images to yet again draw in new viewers. I know last year I was a bit startled after seeing the season 8 promo shots, because I thought Amanda had gotten breast augmentations. I just couldn't understand why someone so naturally beautiful would feel the need to undergo such a thing. I was very happy to find out after the season started that that had not been the case.

Kat
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 July 2005, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I liked geeky Sam better. Mostly because she made geeky Daniel act, well... geeky! Geeky-yet-somehow-totally-cool-but-mostly-because-of-his-glasses Daniel was adorable! Awww... Like a really cool version of first season Daniel! Yeah, got a bit off-topic there...
          Ba'am! Let's kick it up a notch...

Comment

in part three of the brad wright/rob c cooper interview on gateworld, there's something bw says that i need some help with. this is OT, but i know you guys are smart!

GW: And [what] about Rick? For the season finale, perhaps?

BW:: We asked him, and I think as a favor to us, we asked him to, for the lack of a better word, endorse the series without him by appearing in it so it seems as though his leaving is just that.

And, by the way, his character is very much alive ... off-screen. [Laughter] I wrote a scene in "Beach Head" where on the other end of the phone he plays a joke on General Landry. Basically he's talking to him and it's: "That's very funny, Jack," and he hangs up the phone.

the part that i bolded... what is brad saying? i've read it over and over and i don't get it!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              in part three of the brad wright/rob c cooper interview on gateworld, there's something bw says that i need some help with. this is OT, but i know you guys are smart!

GW: And [what] about Rick? For the season finale, perhaps?

BW:: We asked him, and I think as a favor to us, we asked him to, for the lack of a better word, endorse the series without him by appearing in it so it seems as though his leaving is just that.

And, by the way, his character is very much alive ... off-screen. [Laughter] I wrote a scene in "Beach Head" where on the other end of the phone he plays a joke on General Landry. Basically he's talking to him and it's: "That's very funny, Jack," and he hangs up the phone.

the part that i bolded... what is brad saying? i've read it over and over and i don't get it!

sally
              Maybe they're going to have a big picture of SG1 with Jack hanging on one of the briefing room' walls. So Jack will always be there and away at the same time.
              And I think we're going to have constant references to him like we had for Daniel in season 6.
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

First Spoilers for Beachead have been released (or, as we like to call it SAM COMES BACK YAY!!! )
                Spoiler:
                Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) returns to SG-1 to join the team on a mission to free a distant planet from the Ori's control.

Still shaken by the effects of their last encounter, the team is distressed to learn that the Ori has set up a force field on a planet inhabited by free Jaffa. Concerned about a complete takeover of the planet and all too familiar with the Ori's dangerous power, General Landry (Beau Bridges) springs into action. He calls upon Lt. Colonel Carter (Amanda Tapping), who has developed a potent weapon that Landry is convinced can wipe out the Ori's forces if negotiation fails. With mixed emotions, Carter returns to the SG-1 team to assist in the mission.

After several attempts at peaceful negotiation prove futile, Carter launches her weapon, the Mark IX. Unfortunately, instead of destroying the force field, detonation of the Mark IX only results in enlarging it, allowing it to nearly envelop the planet. To make matters worse, an unrelenting Gerak (Louis Gossett, Jr.) steps in and threatens to resort to violence if SG-1 is unable to save the planet from complete destruction.

Unable to convince Gerak of the dangers of his plan and unsure of his next move, the team squabbles over a course of action. In the midst of the chaos, a level-headed Vala (Claudia Black) hatches an uncharacteristically selfless plan that will destroy the field without the use of weapons -- but she may have to sacrifice her own life in order to carry it out.

Linky

Comment

Yes ! More pictures of our Queen !

And ForeverSG1, look ! Little Daniel is back !

Comment

Link to Beachhead spoilers:

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...e&ID=180#trans

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Ya know... when I first saw the photos of Amanda I thought she looked really different too. Initially I just thought it was the fact that she had just had Olivia, but now that I look at all of these other photos as well, I'm starting to think that someone's done some major touch-up work on all of these guys.
                      I mean they all look wondeful, but they also look flawless. Like all the little laugh lines, and wrinkles around the eyes have been smoothed. And there is definitely something different with Amanda's eyes... they normally look almost unreal... anime-like, but they don't in the SciFi promos. I think that may be what we are noticing, but I definitely agree with you Tara.

Hopefully someone will get some good shots of Amanda at the Comic Con next week and we'll get to see if these photos are real or just touched up images to yet again draw in new viewers. I know last year I was a bit startled after seeing the season 8 promo shots, because I thought Amanda had gotten breast augmentations. I just couldn't understand why someone so naturally beautiful would feel the need to undergo such a thing. I was very happy to find out after the season started that that had not been the case.

Kat
                      Yes well you should have heard what AT had to say or not say verbally but say a lot with looks about the S8 shots. When she was at the Burbank Con last year one of the pics was made into a banner and it started with Carmen making a joke about AT's banner and how she has blossomed and then everyone after that made a comment. AT came on stage took one look and said "Stargate Barbie".

I will be at Comic Con next week and will do my best to get some good pictures. I will definalty post any and all information as soon as I can get online. Probably Sunday since I have a gig early Sunday morning so I have to drive back home (6hours north of San Deigo) Saturday night.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        As linked at the end of me post

Comment

Cater 1-7 is way better.
                          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            First Spoilers for Beachead have been released (or, as we like to call it SAM COMES BACK YAY!!! )
                            Spoiler:
                            Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) returns to SG-1 to join the team on a mission to free a distant planet from the Ori's control.

Still shaken by the effects of their last encounter, the team is distressed to learn that the Ori has set up a force field on a planet inhabited by free Jaffa. Concerned about a complete takeover of the planet and all too familiar with the Ori's dangerous power, General Landry (Beau Bridges) springs into action. He calls upon Lt. Colonel Carter (Amanda Tapping), who has developed a potent weapon that Landry is convinced can wipe out the Ori's forces if negotiation fails. With mixed emotions, Carter returns to the SG-1 team to assist in the mission.

After several attempts at peaceful negotiation prove futile, Carter launches her weapon, the Mark IX. Unfortunately, instead of destroying the force field, detonation of the Mark IX only results in enlarging it, allowing it to nearly envelop the planet. To make matters worse, an unrelenting Gerak (Louis Gossett, Jr.) steps in and threatens to resort to violence if SG-1 is unable to save the planet from complete destruction.

Unable to convince Gerak of the dangers of his plan and unsure of his next move, the team squabbles over a course of action. In the midst of the chaos, a level-headed Vala (Claudia Black) hatches an uncharacteristically selfless plan that will destroy the field without the use of weapons -- but she may have to sacrifice her own life in order to carry it out.

Linky
                            Spoiler:

Hmm, is it just me or does it seem like once again the writers are making it so Sam is the screw up who causes yet another issue that requires someone else to be the hero[ in this case Vala]. I'm seriously NOT liking the direction this episode or season is going. Why don't the writers just shoot Sam in the head already instead of slowly bleeding her dry. I just see this as just one more reason for SamBashers to dislike Sam.

I'm beginning to really feel bad fo Amanda.
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 08 July 2005, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Spoiler:

Hmm, is it just me or does it seem like once again the writers are making it so Sam is the screw up who causes yet another issue that requires someone else to be the hero[ in this case Vala]. I'm seriously NOT liking the direction this episode or season is going. Why don't the writers just shoot Sam in the head already instead of slowly bleeding her dry. I just see this as just one more reason for SamBashers to dislike Sam.

I'm beginning to really feel bad fo Amanda.
                              That's exactly the first impression I got when I read the spoilers. But after a second reading I noticed that
                              Spoiler:
                              it's General Landry who believes the weapon will be efficient against the Ori, not Sam. I think she's going to follow orders reluctantly because she knows the limits of the Mark IX. It reminds me of the situation in Chain Reaction when she had to agree to General Bauer's orders. .

What can I say, I'm an optimist.
                              Last edited by Lys; 08 July 2005, 08:41 AM. Reason: trouble with spoiler tags

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                That's exactly the first impression I got when I read the spoilers. But after a second reading I noticed that
                                Spoiler:
                                it's General Landry who believes the weapon will be efficient against the Ori, not Sam. I think she's going to follow orders reluctantly because she knows the limits of the Mark IX. It reminds me of the situation in Chain Reaction when she had to agree to General Bauer's orders. .

What can I say, I'm an optimist.
                                Oy. I thought that as well and I winced.

But you're right, Lys: That "reluctantly" part may be her out.

The spoilers for this episode are a tad bittersweet. I'm so glad they released them, though!

I'm wondering why Landry is so... nutty. He's supposed to be really likeable, but
                                Spoiler:
                                if he pulls a General Bauer, I don't know what to think.

Comment

Working...
                                X