Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    Cel & Mandy -

I highly recommend Sky's advice. When my auntB was in her last days she was at a lovely hospice. They took excellent care of her and were very kind to my parents and I. They helped us with the paperwork in order to get help paying for her care (she had no insurance).

My heart goes out to both of you and your families. I know in some ways losing an aunt doesn't compare to losing one's father, but the emotions of that loss are pretty much the same. It's someone you love. I'm here if either of you need a shoulder.

*HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS*
    As someone whose mother is involved in working for a hospice, I agree with this as well. The care is usually of a very high standard and is individual, and as a result you and the rest of the family will be kept well-informed of any developments.

All the best to you and your father.
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Thank you AstraPerAspera and EH-T.

Just, there's a huge disapointment here. From what I saw, Sanctuary will be DUBBED! Sorry but dubbing takes away so much of the original acting.

On the bright side, they filmed in Tokyo! I just thought they were in Tokyo for the promotion of Sanctuary. I hope Helen has a buddy from Belgium that she wants to visit (so Amanda can come to Belgium). Another great thing. We know Amanda loves sushi, and where does sushi comes from? Nippon! Sorry I mean Japan

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

This question has been asked before, but we seem to have much of a new crew here.

What is your favorite team/Sam-focused episode? Sam as a character, not part of a ship.

I loved Foothold. Sam kicked butt. Literally.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

^ there are so many good ones, but two eps instantly spring to mind for me...

singularity from s1 where they find cassie... i loved the bond between sam and cassie and how inspite of the risks to herself sam stayed with cassie the whole time refusing to see her as anything less then a scared, alone little girl who needed someone to believe in and protect her...

grace from s7, AT definately deserved the leo award for that ep... i loved the interactions she had with everyone in her mind... the way daniel and tealc gave her a hard time... the way she had the heart to heart with jacob... the shipper moment with jack... and grace herself...

both these episodes showed a different side to sam, and it was interesting to explore the emotion side of sam which we dont get to see often... AT does an awesome job of infusing warmth and humour into sam at the best of times... but these eps just stick with me, probably because of the different perspective...

on a side note, while i love the whole ep, there is one particular scene in urgo that i simply adore... its the end of the scene where sam is walking down the hall with urgo and she stops to talk to fraiser and hammond... the scene picks up with the focus on the later two as they leave, but if you continue to watch the background you can see sam arguing with and gesturing to urgo all the way down the hall til she rounds the corner... i think that is classic AT, continuing her role even though the scene is now focused on fraiser and hammond...
          Last edited by katjoy; 11 July 2009, 09:00 PM.
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Mandy and Cel...please know you have friends who will keep you both in their thoughts and prayers.
            I know I am a world away but I'm only a touch of the keyboard away should you need someone to chat to. Anytime.
            (((Mandy)))
            (((Celandine)))

Google Bridge4Life
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post

Just, there's a huge disapointment here. From what I saw, Sanctuary will be DUBBED! Sorry but dubbing takes away so much of the original acting.
              I hope they get a voice actress that gives a better sense of Helen's personality than the one they got for Sam. I sometimes watch the French audio track for fun. I can pick out the gist of some of the lines. College French was a long time ago. I think the French Sam voice is too high pitched or something...

On the bright side, they filmed in Tokyo! I just thought they were in Tokyo for the promotion of Sanctuary. I hope Helen has a buddy from Belgium that she wants to visit (so Amanda can come to Belgium).
              Helen has travelled all over the world, so I'm sure she's been in Belgium sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post

singularity from s1 where they find cassie... i loved the bond between sam and cassie and how inspite of the risks to herself sam stayed with cassie the whole time refusing to see her as anything less then a scared, alone little girl who needed someone to believe in and protect her...

grace from s7, AT definately deserved the leo award for that ep... i loved the interactions she had with everyone in her mind... the way daniel and tealc gave her a hard time... the way she had the heart to heart with jacob... the shipper moment with jack... and grace herself...

both these episodes showed a different side to sam, and it was interesting to explore the emotion side of sam which we dont get to see often... AT does an awesome job of infusing warmth and humour into sam at the best of times... but these eps just stick with me, probably because of the different perspective...

on a side note, while i love the whole ep, there is one particular scene in urgo that i simply adore... its the end of the scene where sam is walking down the hall with urgo and she stops to talk to fraiser and hammond... the scene picks up with the focus on the later two as they leave, but if you continue to watch the background you can see sam arguing with and gesturing to urgo all the way down the hall til she rounds the corner... i think that is classic AT, continuing her role even though the scene is now focused on fraiser and hammond...
                Yep. I liked Grace immensely, those team alter egos were a great idea. characters used effectively. . I'll need to rewatch Singularity, but I think Amanda did an amazing job in the elevator when Sam left Cassie behind.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  I'll need to rewatch Singularity, but I think Amanda did an amazing job in the elevator when Sam left Cassie behind.
                  Singularity has to be one of my favorite episodes ever, and it's the one that made me go from simply liking Carter to falling absolutely head over heels in love with her. Tapping indeed gave an astounding performance there. No matter how many times I watch it, that scene always gives me goosebumps and I can feel the sheer terror of the situation.

Outstanding outstanding work.
                  you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

I agree--I was just going to offer my opinion but you stated it perfectly

Comment

One of the things I admire about AT is her professionalism. While we too often hear stories of actors behaving badly on set, not so with AT. When other cast and crew speak of her it is about how she is on time, knows her lines, is the "go to" person for a reaction shot, how she makes guest stars feel welcome, etc. Not that she isn't goofy and fun on the set but only in a way that enhances the set by making it a fun place to work, never interfering with the production.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

FYI I was at the Shore Leave Con this past weekend. Chris Heyerdahl was a guest. He could not say enough wonderful things about Amanda including how amazing she is as a producer/writer/director/actor/person.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good choices! Those are two of my favorites as well. I can still remember just being blown away when I first saw Grace, and the elevator scene in Singularity is one of the most memorable for me on the show.

Hee, I loved that bit as well.

Originally posted by nell View Post
                          FYI I was at the Shore Leave Con this past weekend. Chris Heyerdahl was a guest. He could not say enough wonderful things about Amanda including how amazing she is as a producer/writer/director/actor/person.
                          Very cool!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                            How so much winnage at life, uiverse and everything by one person? HOW?

I want her to be my guru and stuff. Teach me the recipe for the awesomesauce that is her.

(How was the Con? Hope there was much fun had.)
                            you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post

I want her to be my guru and stuff. Teach me the recipe for the awesomesauce that is her.

If you use the word awesomesauce, she'll probably say something guruish back.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post

OK, I only know one other person besides me that uses the word 'awesomesauce' *shifty eyes*

Amanda is indeed made of win and smothered in awesomesauce.

Comment

Working...
                                X