Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

We just got issued a Tsunami warning for all coastal waters from NSW down to Tassie. An earthquake measuring 7.9 on the Richter scale near NZ's south island created a wave that has been detected and heading toward our shores. I live near the hills so no worries there but you know what...I'm so over natural disasters. First it was the bushfires, then the earthquakes, then the floods, now it's a tsunami!
    I assume you've heard by now that the tsunami warning was canceled? IT was just a precaution. It's weird, up here I felt the 6.1 aftershock but not the main 7.8 quake.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    B O O ! !

Did that work?

Huggles

Mumsey

Edited later.
    See, that's what happens when you respond without reading ALL the messages. You look like a total idiot! (not unusual for me, unfortunately, but darned annoying!!) Still, the thought was there...
    Hehe, thanks anyway Yes the thought was there.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      Hopefully not for a loooooong time. I don't see short hair as Helen's style.

In the GW interview(??) when Amanda was talkinga about the after the series wrapped for the season she was going to lighten it and cut it. I'd imagine the cut wouldn't be as short as Sam, but more medium length. Long enough to play with styles.

Hope at SDCC they mention when (if?) they will film the SG-1 movie this fall. That'll give Amanda time to start changing the hair color gradually. Yes, it *is* all about the hair!

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Some of us have been known to check in here while at work. What web sites do you think Sam would check out if she ever had a slow time at work?
        a wormhole extreme forum
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          a wormhole extreme forum
          <<chokes>>

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

a wormhole extreme forum
            Hahaha. From this point forward I consider this a canonical fact.

Now that's sorted, the next logical question one must ask oneself...

During her downtime, fanfic or fanvids?
            you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

fanfic.

why else do you think she takes her laptop off world? all those notes she takes??

general hammond even knows about it. She's helping him keep an eye on the show and make sure no real secrets are leaked
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

fanfic.

why else do you think she takes her laptop off world? all those notes she takes??

general hammond even knows about it. She's helping him keep an eye on the show and make sure no real secrets are leaked
                smartercarter1 and genhamluvr7834538 collaborate on a fic. I WANT A CRACKFIC THAT DEALS WITH THIS SCENARIO, LIKE BURNING.
                you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

This is an invitation to a special event coming up July 28 on the forum. It is being placed in spoilers in respect for those who may not be interested.

Spoiler:

Comment

after 10 years of 'ya gotta have your hair short' i see her keeping it long for a while, and then when/if she gets tired of it, i see it shorter, but not the 'off the shoulders/collar' short of Sam
                    Helen was raised in the era that women simply did not cut their hair. ladies had long hair.
                    I love Sam/Amanda's hair with a little bit of length to it...not that short short hair do after Beneath the Surface. My fave hair do for Sam is the one she had just prior to that cut...the one where it was longer...after they returned in the ep Small Victories. Loved that style.
                    As for Helen, she may have been raised in an era where women wore their hair long, but she was also raised in an era where women wore long dresses and weren't allowed to be doctors. So I don't think it would matter to Helen...she does what she wants.
                    Didn't Amanda say in a recent interview that she was probably going to cut her hair a bit shorter for the next SG movie??? And allow it to lighten up somewhat but not go back to the blonde blonde of the SG days.
                    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    First off I want to thank everyone for their kind words and hugs...it was much appreciated.
                    (((Mandy)))
                    Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    I assume you've heard by now that the tsunami warning was canceled? IT was just a precaution. It's weird, up here I felt the 6.1 aftershock but not the main 7.8 quake.
                    Yes it was downgraded to a marine watch. At the time I posted, they had the warnings still out there and said that a wave had been detected and they were watching it as it headed westward. Then it was downgraded but I believe Lord Howe residents were taken to the main land.
                    When we had the quake back in March this year..or was it February???...oh well...the aftershock was stronger than the initial quake itself...bizarre!!
                    Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    This is an invitation to a special event coming up July 28 on the forum. It is being placed in spoilers in respect for those who may not be interested.
                    Yay!! I shall be there...thank you for alerting me Melissa!

Parsifal posted this in the Sanctuary discussion thread...thought I might link it here for your viewing pleasure!!!
                    New Tokyo video

(((Samandans)))
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I have never heard anyone who has met or worked with Amanda who had anything but praise for the woman. If that isn't someone to admire and be inspired by then I don't know what is.
                      Check out what Colleen Rennison, who played teenage Cassie, said in a recent interview with GW:
                      Coming of Age - Colleen Rennison
                      Thanks for the link chelle - I would have totally missed it otherwise. Interesting that she didn't even know about Heroes, eh? *glares at TPTB*

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      I found out today what the blue liqueur was, but promptly forgot. Will ask again!

Donamac, I stopped drinking odd things for that very reason (maybe not the paint...) but this was blue!
                      You can't blame a girl if it's blue - I mean, that's pretty much a given! It's likely to have been Blue Caracao (or however you spell that) btw Neep ... if it's something else, share with the blue-luvin' class, please! LOL

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      The giver of great hugs is NOT an idiot!

I've done that too though.

It's boo and boo!! Still jello/jelly wars I see.

suse
                      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Blue wins, of course!!
                      But of course! It's a blue thing. *nods solemnly*

I've been slowly converting my sister into liking SG1 but she *really* likes Sanctuary. And she said Requiem showed AT "really has an acting range." So I may making her an AT fan. she still thinks my spending time on GW is a bit nuts though.
                      I have now officially converted my parents. After confirming that we had the entirety of SG1 on DVD, they searched no less than 4 different chains of stores to track down S5 of SGA so we would own all of that as well ... and have now actually watched further in both series of Stargate than I have! Mom is totally psyched for SGU (I so must find out who is carrying that up here in Canada...), and they were demanding to know when the new season of Sanctuary would be airing - as well as when the first season would be avail on DVD... I think I may have been successful in the fan conversion Now if only I could convince them that cons aren't a waste of time and money... baby steps, right?

a wormhole extreme forum
                      I ... I ... yes. *pause* *nods*

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                      smartercarter1 and genhamluvr7834538 collaborate on a fic. I WANT A CRACKFIC THAT DEALS WITH THIS SCENARIO, LIKE BURNING.
                      Hehehehe...... love Sam's moniker, but Hammond's is a bit unwieldy... I'm just sayin'! *feels plot bunnies stirring in the back recesses of the brainzzz* LOL
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

First off I want to thank everyone for their kind words and hugs...it was much appreciated.

More OT:

Spoiler:
                        After a long hard battle with cancer, my dad passed away last night surrounded by his family. We will miss him dearly, but he is in a better place and his suffering is over.

The people on this thread are just wonderful with the support you've given, it was really needed. And I want to give extra thanks a special group, who have helped through this ordeal over the long run. (You know who you are )
                        (((Mandy))) My condolences

Some of us have been known to check in here while at work. What web sites do you think Sam would check out if she ever had a slow time at work?
                        This may be a bit of projecting given my love of Google Reader, but I think Sam would scan the news headlines just to keep up with the major events happening around the world. She spends so much time worrying about what's happening on other planets, that I think she'd at least try to keep up with what's happening on her own.

sigpic

Comment

More OT:

Spoiler:
                          After a long hard battle with cancer, my dad passed away last night surrounded by his family. We will miss him dearly, but he is in a better place and his suffering is over.

The people on this thread are just wonderful with the support you've given, it was really needed. And I want to give extra thanks a special group, who have helped through this ordeal over the long run. (You know who you are )
                          My thoughts are with you and yours Mandy *sends lots of hugs*
                          Last edited by Tittamiire; 16 July 2009, 10:35 PM. Reason: I can't spell
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

OT: Not bad news but...
                            Spoiler:
                            I just had to pop in to say that my son has joined the Army cadets. He's really excited about it and tells me that one of the officers has the surname O'Neill and another cadet has the surname Hailey!
                            I know they say kids grow up quickly but this is nuts! I have a teenager who has just got her learner drivers permit and now my son goes and joins the army cadets...he's only just turned 13 fcol!

Ok...I feel old now!
                            (((Samandans)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

More OT:

Spoiler:

((((Mandy))))
                              sigpic

Comment

OT: Not bad news but...
                                Spoiler:
                                I just had to pop in to say that my son has joined the Army cadets. He's really excited about it and tells me that one of the officers has the surname O'Neill and another cadet has the surname Hailey!
                                I know they say kids grow up quickly but this is nuts! I have a teenager who has just got her learner drivers permit and now my son goes and joins the army cadets...he's only just turned 13 fcol!

Ok...I feel old now!
                                (((Samandans)))
                                Spoiler:
                                As the Mum of a pair of ex Sea Cadets, I applaud his wanting to join a uniformed organisation. A lot of kids his age wouldn't be seen dead in a uniform - not good street cred! He'll get some discipline in him and go on some pretty wild trips that will make him mature better than hanging around with his mates all the time. Tim (No.1 Son) ended up as a tutor with his unit, and spent many happy hours as rescue boat driver when the kids were sailing.

((((Chelle)))) Welcome to the club! ;P

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X