Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    [Sam] leading the team and more offworld missions...more team involvement.
    That would be my idea of a great season 9!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      That would be my idea of a great season 9!
      Interesting new argument on that thread I mentioned earlier...

Having Sam lead SG-1 would make her too perfect...what role would anyone else fill?

Here's my response if you'd like to see:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=576

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ahhhh, the Cam vs. Sam Thread... Heh heh...

Anywho, I have to agree with you when you say that they're pitting fans against fans for no good reason. I mean, it doesn't take much for people to fight in this fandom, and when they aggravate the situation by being "mum," it kinda makes you wonder what their motives are. Again, when I say "they," I mean the Ultimate They, which is SciFi.

I'm sure that many of them lurk on the forum - and GW is most likely the most-traversed of them all. I believe I read somewhere that Rainbow Sun Francks learned about the Save Aiden Ford group by searching the fandom on his own. They know how crazy it can get, and they know how easily things can be misconstrued. I totally respect JM for what he does. He answers questions that really aren't questions, and manages to whet everyone's appetite to some degree. However, if the sole purpose of his involvement is to be coy (and indirectly cause friction amongst the fans), in the hopes of getting more viewers, that is essentially a disservice to everyone involved.

Comment

NEWS FLASH!! This bulletin just in…

Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter (United States Air force, SGC) has completed her Cartercopter assignment. Thanks to Sam’s exceptional technical knowledge, creative thinking, and piloting skills the copter’s performance surpassed everyone’s highest expectations. It was an extremely rewarding experience, even though she put in long hours and missed her friends. Now, it’s time to come home.

Much to her surprise, a welcoming committee greeted her upon her return and we were lucky enough to have a photographer on the scene. There were even a few guests who became momentarily sidetracked by the promise of refreshments.

Welcome Home (medium size 800x600)
          Welcome Home (large size 1024x768)

After the welcome home activities, the commander-in-chief told Sam she had earned some down time after all her dedicated work. She was reluctant, but then she found the idea of a motorcycle odyssey quite appealing. Perhaps Cassie might like to join her. He suggested leaving her cell phone behind, but assured Sam if he or the SGC needed her while she is away he would find her, one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of dpaz
            There once were two Colonels named Sam and Cam.
            Neither were chickens and neither were hams.
            When one Colonel went to places unknown,
            One Colonel stepped in for the sake of the show.
            When Colonel Sam came back to help save the day,
            Colonel Cam simply smiled and sang, "Hip Hip Hooray!"
            And Daniel and Teal'c joined in on the fun,
            So everyone found their own place in the sun.
            In place of brave Jack, we miss him sorely still,
            Came a man named Landry, a man of strong will.
            Then September came and left tears in its wake,
            Alas our poor Stargate went on a bit of a break.
            No need to fear, January comes in a breeze.
            Unless you're in the UK (spoil freely, please!).
            With Vala, and Landry, and Siler, and Lam,
            And Daniel, and Teal'c, and Colonels Sam and Cam.
            Relax fellow Gate fans, everything will be fine.
            Merry July to all and here's to Season Nine.
            Haha lol!

And nice pic SamFan31

Comment

Great new sig, Spaz!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                Anyway, yes I wish there would not be any conflict between fanbases, but it just seems inevitable in this fandom. I just keep reminding myself that fandom is nothing like the regular viewer out there just enjoying the show--or not.
                i feel like mgm or scifi are deliberatly playing it up. i feel manipulated wehn i read ben, ben, ben, ben, ben, claudia, beau, ben, ben, ben adn nary a word about amanda even though she's been back long enough for there to be some spoilers. even her two friends seem to deliberately ignore her to suck up to the new guys.

i feel like scifi is messing with/catering to the scapers in a way. which does make sense, tehy want to draw those fans into stargate and ben and claudia is the way to do it (i'm not dissing either of their abilities, however i personally feel that their fan following is precisely why they were cast. talent was a secondary consideration)

however this pimping to the scapers and ignoring of us 'regular' fans does set wrong with me. i feel like 'eh, you're a gater we know you'll watch regardless. we need to suck up to this group so go play in the corner'

what'll be funny is if this blows up in thier faces. the scapers are a most passionate group of fans. skiffy and mgm are literally playing with fire
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i feel like mgm or scifi are deliberatly playing it up. i feel manipulated wehn i read ben, ben, ben, ben, ben, claudia, beau, ben, ben, ben adn nary a word about amanda even though she's been back long enough for there to be some spoilers. even her two friends seem to deliberately ignore her to suck up to the new guys.

i feel like scifi is messing with/catering to the scapers in a way. which does make sense, tehy want to draw those fans into stargate and ben and claudia is the way to do it (i'm not dissing either of their abilities, however i personally feel that their fan following is precisely why they were cast. talent was a secondary consideration)

however this pimping to the scapers and ignoring of us 'regular' fans does set wrong with me. i feel like 'eh, you're a gater we know you'll watch regardless. we need to suck up to this group so go play in the corner'

what'll be funny is if this blows up in thier faces. the scapers are a most passionate group of fans. skiffy and mgm are literally playing with fire
                  Boy, Sky, what was it someone said to you the other day? I think it was something about a "moderator with attitude." But you should feel comfortable here, because the SAGC Thread is your real online home! I heartily approve!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Boy, Sky, what was it someone said to you the other day? I think it was something about a "moderator with attitude." But you should feel comfortable here, because the SAGC Thread is your real online home! I heartily approve!
                    LOL

yes, i do have a bit of an attitude

this thread is my home. i think i post here more than any other list or even any other forum i may play in.

I recognize what they're doing. see it, acknowledge it. But once i know/feel that i'm being manipulated all that tends to do is make me run the other direction.

personally, the more they pimp ben and the 'better sg1' the more skeptical i am about it all. the more they promote it the more i'm thinking 'yeah, right' because in past years they haven't promoted and spun stuff as hard

I've watched them play the fans before. I've watched them word spoilers to set one group against another. i've watched them take one episode and turn it into the 'pivotal' episode. (they did that with threads last year. we saw the build up for 100 days or D&C)

in the past, it's been ship vs anti-ship for the most part. Now it seems to be Scapers vs Gaters

and, just like clockwork, things start to happen about a month before the new shows premiere. I can see the pattern and because of that i'm even more cynical about things that i see and read.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It irks me that they do that, too Sky. I don't understand why it exists. I guess it's inevitable when you have thousands of people who get together about such a complex subject, but sheesh.

You're right. There's always a debate about something. Ship or no ship? Jonas vs. Daniel? Ship or no ship? Action or Character Development? Ship or no ship? Daniel vs. Sam? Did I mention the ship issues?

If fans are instigating the wars, then fine. However... if it's SciFi's desire to create tension between Gaters and Scapers, because they know it's a win-win situation for them, well... That's just not cool.

I'm going to dwell in my little Hippe Fan universe, and assume that Cam and Sam are gonna have excellent chemistry, as are BB and AT. They'll crack jokes, be sarcastic and snarky, and respect each other as equals. They will disagree, of course, but will be mature enough to move on. And NO ship will be implied, not even in the slightest.

AND I'm going to hope and pray and beg that there be some more info in their Inside SciFi Friday special on July 15... I'm kinda bummed that they decided to combine all three series into one little documentary though. That's not nearly enough time for the classic Stargate humor And I don't want Stargate hanging around the likes of BSG, dang it. They're a bad influence...

Comment

Hi everybody I'm new on this forum. I'm a french fan of stargate and above all of the talentuous Amanda Tapping.
                        I'm looking forward season 9 because of the new team I hope there will be new discoveries a lot of off world episodes and interactions between the members ( especially Daniel/Sam I love those 2). But I'm afraid Sam will have less influence in the team that the writers put BB as the number 1. I hope there'll be equality of treatment about the characters
                        Sorry if you don't understand what I say even if I use my Harraps

Comment

Hello caroline! Nice to meet you and welcome!

Comment

In an effort to be more positive, I thought I'd bring up a memorable AT moment.

I had just started watching the show at the beginning of Season Seven, and I was watching the Lowdown before the season premiere that night. I remember that both AT and MS were kinda hosting it, and sometimes one of them would be interacting with other members of the cast and crew. There was one part, where AT was standing next to a few members of the crew while they were on location, and she was like, "I'm funny, right?" And the guys on the crew just nodded, like they were afraid to say otherwise. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah. Funny."

The way that whole thing was executed made me laugh, and that kind of humor and atmosphere is one of the reasons why I continued watching the show and actually started to appreciate AT's real life character.

So... what moments can you guys remember from when you first started watching the show? Any real life moments that sold you on either the series or on the character of Sam Carter?

Comment

You know you are a Stargate fan when:

Your four year old daughter walks into the room and asks if you will play a game with her and when you agree; she hands you a set of headphones w/ mic while placing one onto her own head and shouts:

"Digger 1. This is Digger 2, can you hear me??? Over!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                You know you are a Stargate fan when:

Your four year old daughter walks into the room and asks if you will play a game with her and when you agree; she hands you a set of headphones w/ mic while placing one onto her own head and shouts:

"Digger 1. This is Digger 2, can you hear me??? Over!!"
                                Awesome.

You know you're a Stargate fan when your younger brother is convincing you to buy the X-Box game this fall... And it's not taking that much convincing... And he's already saying that he's gonna be Teal'c, because you made him watch "Avatar" with you last season and he liked it...
                                Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 21 June 2005, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X