Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    Here's the photo from the Vancouver Sun, as apparently it's no longer available online there:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../leoawards.jpg
    Awesome pic Morjana! Thanks for sharing it.

Hmm, never realized that Ryan was so short though...

On the topic of accents, everyone is a product of the melting pot. With so many variables to consider in a person's life, I think if we were to stop and analyze every nuance of a person's speech, we'd find that each is as unique as a snowflake or fingerprint. It's one of those things that makes life interesting imo.

Comment

Here's the photo from the Vancouver Sun, as apparently it's no longer available online there:

Have I mentioned lately what a lucky woman that AT is?

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Wow! Martin in a suit! I think the only other time we'd seen that was in Wormhole Extreme (I think) when he was one of the NID 'men in black'.

Mumsey
      (wondering if he was wearing shorts after all, since we can't see their legs!)
      He did wear a suit jacket and long pants to the Continuum premiere on the aircraft carrier (though no tie).

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      You two are judging normal?
      Your point?

I think it's only those of us that live near the border that pick up on Canadian "accents". I've met people from other parts of the country that have no idea what a Canadian accent is. Really it's just a difference in vowel pronounciations. Canadians use long vowel sounds where we use short and vice versa. The word 'progress' comes to mind.

Though don't get me started on the spelling.
      Why not? Quick, spell "centre", "neighbour", "colour"

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        the correct way to spell

Also it's probably the way Amanda spells considering her background (see I can be on topic, sometimes )
        -

Comment

Wow! Nice find! Thanks so much for sharing that with us, morjana!

Have I mentioned lately how lucky those guys are?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Though don't get me started on the spelling.
            you mean don't get U started on the spelling
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LEO AWARDS FEATURED ON SHAW TV’s THE EXPRESS: TONIGHT!
              VANCOUVER, BC – May 12, 2009: Tonight — Tuesday, May 12th – 6pm, 8pm, and 10pm, The Express on Shaw TV will be airing its on-location special of the LEO Awards Official Red Carpet and Gala Awards Ceremony. The show will also air the following day and at various times throughout the year.

Featured on the episode is LEO Award winners Amanda Tapping and Ryan Robbins of Sanctuary...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....7&postcount=45

Comment

I've lived in the same area of New Zealand for my entire 21 years. It's the fasted speaking city in the country- my cousins are from the slowest speaking part of Australia. My sister and I can get in an entire sentence when they pause for emphasis or to breathe

If anyone at AT4 can't understand me put your hands on my shoulders, look into my eyes and say "slow. the. ****. down."

I'm guessing I will be exhausted and bouncingly excited- both factors that make me talk even faster

As for accent- nope. Don't have one. *glares*
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  /me is happy for AT. maybe Alan built her that shelf for the Leos for Mother's Day.
                  Uh, Amanda probably built it herself. I totally forgot that at the Grand Slam con someone asked her if she was a "fix it" woman. She mentioned she has a tool belt (or was it a kit? can't remember..anyhoo) that the hubby isn't allowed to touch.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

lol

and got lessons from hubby i think. Last i knew, alan was in the construction business and i seem to recall her saying years ago that they were doing the fix it stuff on their house themselves. something about the wiring of hte house being done by 'papa smurf on crack'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      lol

and got lessons from hubby i think. Last i knew, alan was in the construction business and i seem to recall her saying years ago that they were doing the fix it stuff on their house themselves. something about the wiring of hte house being done by 'papa smurf on crack'
                      I remember that comment. She was a guest on a Canadian talk show and telling the woman (Vicki Gabereau - which I think is on YouTube) host about some of their experiences in remodeling their house.

Comment

The hubby might have taught her...but she might have a tool belt he's not allowed to touch.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          I've lived in the same area of New Zealand for my entire 21 years. It's the fasted speaking city in the country- my cousins are from the slowest speaking part of Australia. My sister and I can get in an entire sentence when they pause for emphasis or to breathe

If anyone at AT4 can't understand me put your hands on my shoulders, look into my eyes and say "slow. the. ****. down."

I'm guessing I will be exhausted and bouncingly excited- both factors that make me talk even faster

As for accent- nope. Don't have one. *glares*
                          I think Lies will need to take note of that. There were a few times in Vancouver when she had to tell me to stop talking so fast (and I won't even mention the dinner with my fast-talking friend).

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            The hubby might have taught her...but she might have a tool belt he's not allowed to touch.

Wonder if the tools are pink (or orange).

A friend has a toolkit she finally had to lock. People would "borrow" tools. After she replaced some twice, that was no longer an issue.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Awesome pic Morjana! Thanks for sharing it.

Hmm, never realized that Ryan was so short though...

On the topic of accents, everyone is a product of the melting pot. With so many variables to consider in a person's life, I think if we were to stop and analyze every nuance of a person's speech, we'd find that each is as unique as a snowflake or fingerprint. It's one of those things that makes life interesting imo.
                              I think you're right. I've had people think that I'm from somewhere in the south, others have thought I'm from northern Michigan.

My sister is a truck driver and travels all over the US and Canada. She worked for a while for a company based in Wisconsin and picked up some of their accent. Oddly enough though, most people could tell she was from Michigan. Not just the midwest, but Michigan. I've never been able to find out what makes our accent distinct.

Anyone?

Your point?
                              I plead the fifth.

center, neighbor, color

you mean don't get U started on the spelling
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

I love the accent and totally buy into it. Then again, I'm not much of an accent expert. I could never fathom it when people refered to AT's Canadian accent in Stargate. As far as I could hear, she sounded perfectly normal to me!
                                For the longest time I had no idea AT (or MS for that matter) was Canadian until I looked up her profile in imdb. But then, unless it's quite obvious, I'm terrible at placing accents.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Well said!

lol

LOL! What an awesome description of a house!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X