• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    At the Jace Hall Show:

Sanctuary & Terminator: Salvation

(9:39)
    By: Jace Hall Released: 5/7/2009 Genre: Comedy

THE JACE HALL SHOW - Joe Flanigan gets belligerent, Ryan Robbins goes bump in the night, Godfather 2, Sanctuary, Robin Dunne, Zach Levi, Terminator Salvation and more.

Amanda Tapping is also in the video.
    Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    I think crackle.com is restricted to U.S. users.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I can probably put up a download of Amanda's part (~70 seconds).

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4861/jhs01.th.jpg
    Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    Here's the whole YT file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/or049v
    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    that was cute!

(i liked how jace messed up ryan and robin's names, but not amanda's! and she was made all BIG star like, with the music and all. very cute. )
    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i didn't watch after the sanctuary segment.

when amanda touched jace, she said something about touching him, but then i couldn't hear what she said afterwards. did anyone get it?
    OMG That was awesome. It was so funny the way Jace interacted with everyone, and how he had something funny for all of them . But Amanda-- oh boy, Amanda's time with him was the BEST . I loved that color music thing he gave Amanda, it reminded me of the old Charlies angels show , she was so damn funny, I love the way she pretended to be high on herself and acting rude by saying he interrupted filming . And yeah, the show she touched him and all was funny, and how she walk off as he was talking was cute, saying it was stupid . Yeah, like Amanda would ever really do that .

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hey Everyone,

OT: Just watched our 2008 panto DVD...

In spoilers for anyone who wants to skip it...
    Spoiler:
    You all remember I did the panto Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at Christmas? Well they just gave us copies of the DVD, watching it brought back a lot of memories, of course when it came to me being on screen I hid my face in my hands lol. It was really weird watching myself, I kinda understand now why actors (Amanda included) don't like watching their own performance. I kept seeing all the little things that went wrong and I look like I gained a few pounds too lol. It'll be good to keep though.

Julia(samcarterrules)
    That's me too hon, I don't really like watching myself on tape, or even in pics, because I'm a lot like Amanda in that sense, I'm very self-conscious . I still think Amanda doesn't have a reason not to want to look at her face, after all, who doesn't love looking at her face? .

Btw, I'm sure you did great in the panto .

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hi Everyone,

That's probably exactly why Amanda doesn't have Facebook....That and she's kinda busy, hehe!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    True, she'd never have to chat and what not, her being super busy and all . I still think she'd have like 10,000 friends .

SG1/SGA/Sanctuary - Catherine Barr: Women in Film - Amanda Tapping:

At Catherine Barr (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

(Please follow the link to view the Amanda Tapping and Ryan Robbins photos.)

Women in Film Vancouver and Confessions of a Shopaholic Handbag Event

March 14, 2009 by Cat Barr

... Next, the Women in Film and Television Vancouver (WIFTV) toasted their own during their gala film festival which honoured achievement among their peers.

... Carole Apppleby and actor Ryan Robbins (Battlestar Galactica, Sanctuary) attend the WIFTV gala.

... West Vancouve’s beautiful Amanda Tapping, actress of Stargate fame, takes home the Woman of Vision award at the WIFTV gala.
    Way cool, old news, but still cool. Oh, and beautiful is right .

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Couple of recent posts from Damian Kindler's twitter site (http://twitter.com/damiankindler):

"Amanda's all bruised"

"Amanda T and Robin D gave it their all today. Again. A dark dark episode of Sanctuary is being filmed this week"

Thanks Morjana for the info.
    Oooh, I'm really looking forward to that one . I heard the bruises are just make-up, but you never know with Amanda, I mean-
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    oh heck no. I'm nobody to her. but after AT3 and hearing that she didn't have a copy, since i'd made the copies that Lindsay sold, I made her one and sent it to her fanmail address, and she must have gotten it.
    Oh no Sky, I'm afraid you're wrong, you are a somebody to her, you're a fan, and we all know how much Amanda's fans mean to her. Trust me, you're a somebody , and thanks for the info, I'm glad she was able to get a copy of the movie. I wonder how often she sits back and watches it. HEHE

Comment

Just a quick note on the 'SciFi' demographic discussion. I don't think you can extrapolate from convention attendance about male vs. female scifi fans. There are still way more male scifi fans than female ones, but they tend to be more 'average fans' - ones that watch and enjoy the show, but don't necessarily attend the conventions. I think that the high number of females at conventions is simply because female fans spend more money (generally speaking) than the 'average fans'. This is why the female demographic should not be ignored by TPTB. Though we may be smaller in number, we are deeper in pocket book.

And I also don't think that the new Trek movie will do anything to alter the stereotypes. Most that becomes a fan of the film who did not call themselves a scifi fan before, will probably still not consider themselves one.

Anyway, it's late, I just got home from Vegas and I am probably not making any sense.

Comment

Sanctuary - The Province: 2009 Leo Awards:

At the Province (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Sci-fi projects roar at Leo Awards

By Glen Schaefer, The Province

May 10, 2009

B.C.'s sci-fi productions were big winners at this weekend's annual Leo Awards for B.C.-made film and television.

... Also among sci-fi winners was the new TV series Sanctuary, a gothic-themed show starring former Stargate: SG-1 lead Amanda Tapping as an immortal from Victorian England doing battle with modern-day monsters. The show won acting awards for Tapping as well as guest stars Ryan Robbins and Gabrielle Rose. Sanctuary also won the prize for best makeup.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ok...quick run in as it's Mothers day and Bones is on but I just had to say..,
          Happy Mothers Day
          and
          Congratulations to
          Amanda
          for her Leo win!!

WTG Amanda!!!

Oh and congratulations to Ryan and Gabrielle and Micheal for their wins too!!
          Brilliant way to end an otherwise mixed bag of emotions day!
          Oh oh...how cool that Amanda should win the award for mothers day...or is it not mothers day in Canada too??
          Will check posts tomorrow...gotta choof....hubby and kids have barely seen me all day so...onward soldiers!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Mother Day to all the moms here and out there. And, Happy Mother Day to you, Amanda.

Hmm... I wonder, what does Helen do for Mothers Day?
            Last edited by Rocky89; 10 May 2009, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Happy Mother Day to all the moms here and out there.
              Hmm... I wonder, what does Helen do for Mothers Day?
              Thank you Rocky!
              Helen probably does the same as me and goes to work. No rest for the wicked they say!!
              I worked today...and bloody hard to. Don't you just love it when you make sure that you do everything right and someone screws up and you then instantly have an extra hours work on your day?? Yeah....real fun!!
              Sorry.
              I did have a lovely time with my family this morning before I went to work. The kids were fabulous and spoiled me yet again. Coffee in bed and later I had a bowl of coco pops while watching Stargate!! Saw mum after work and she's ok. Wish I could have spent more time with her though.

We know that Sam's mum died when she was a young girl, but what do you think Sam did with her mum for mothers day when she was younger and what do you think she does now to celebrate mothers day??

Night all, really gotta choof now...its late and the washing is begging to be folded...unless anyone here would like to lend a hand???
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                Just a quick note on the 'SciFi' demographic discussion. I don't think you can extrapolate from convention attendance about male vs. female scifi fans. There are still way more male scifi fans than female ones, but they tend to be more 'average fans' - ones that watch and enjoy the show, but don't necessarily attend the conventions. I think that the high number of females at conventions is simply because female fans spend more money (generally speaking) than the 'average fans'. This is why the female demographic should not be ignored by TPTB. Though we may be smaller in number, we are deeper in pocket book.

And I also don't think that the new Trek movie will do anything to alter the stereotypes. Most that becomes a fan of the film who did not call themselves a scifi fan before, will probably still not consider themselves one.

Anyway, it's late, I just got home from Vegas and I am probably not making any sense.
                Well despite your tiredness and whatever else, you make perfect sense here and I quite agree. I think in years past, male fans were more in number but female fans are on the rise with the new shows which showcase females in a strong center focal and this is appealing to many of us. Females are smart, tough and in some cases, the leaders in these new shows and women love to see this. When conventions are created, of course women will be the ones paying to attend. It's part of human nature I think for women to spend more for what they value being social creatures and the need to connect at these conventions.

May 10, 2009

B.C.'s sci-fi productions were big winners at this weekend's annual Leo Awards for B.C.-made film and television.

... Also among sci-fi winners was the new TV series Sanctuary, a gothic-themed show starring former Stargate: SG-1 lead Amanda Tapping as an immortal from Victorian England doing battle with modern-day monsters. The show won acting awards for Tapping as well as guest stars Ryan Robbins and Gabrielle Rose. Sanctuary also won the prize for best makeup.
                Congrats to Amanda, Ryan and Gabrielle for their Awards! Woo!

Comment

A live journal with a backstage account at the Leo Awards plus PHOTOS - Amanda, Damian, Ryan, Damian and more!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

May 10, 2009

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

*YAAAAAY!* That's awesome news, I'm really very happy for Atlantis, Continuum, Sanctuary and... what's the other girls name?... Amanda . I am SO freaking proud and happy for everyone in both Stargate and Sanctuary they all deserved to win. I'm really happy for Michael for winning for Continuum, he was great.

OK, now for Amanda . Wow, unbelievably happy and proud of her for winning for winning for Requiem . Wow, it seems like today is a pretty good mothers day for Amanda . I'm also really happy for Ryan for winning for winning for his role in Edward, that was a really good episode for him . Like I said before, if there is such a thing as karma, Amanda's definitely on it's good side! . I would like to have seen her win for Continuum too, have both my girls win ( )

Congrats Amanda, she worked SO freaking long and hard, and she definitely deserved to win.

Oh one more thing, I found this little gem, and I felt like sharing .

Stargate And Sanctuary Dominate The Leo Awards:

Source- Sci Fi Scoop

The 5th Annual Leo Awards have just played out in Vancouver and it’s a safe bet to say the production teams behind Stargate and Sanctuary will be feeling pretty happy right about now.

Stargate Atlantis won 9 of the 17 nominations it received for its fifth and final season. Atlantis also took home the win for the coveted ‘Best Series Award’.

The made-for-dvd movie Stargate: Continuum also won 3 of the 11 awards it was nominated for and Michael Shanks (aka Daniel Jackson) won the ‘Best Lead Actor’ award.

Sci Fi’s new series Sanctuary has pulled in 4 wins from its 10 nominations - a monumental achievement from its first seasonal run. Sanctuary star and exec producer Amanda Tapping (who also appeared in the fifth season of Stargate Atlantis) won the Best Lead Performance award for her acting in the Sanctuary episode ‘Requiem’. She was joined by Ryan Robbins who won the Best Guest Performance award for his role as Edward in the Sanctuary episode ‘Revelations Part 2?.

All in all the awards ceremony was an amazing night for the production teams behind Stargate and Sanctuary who collectively amassed an amazing 38 nominations and at least 16 wins (final tally to be verified once all results are in).

The Leo Awards were founded in 1999 to provide support and recognition for the work of filmmakers.

Although it was Stargate Atlantis that ruled the night, with ten nominations and four wins from only its first season you have to give a lot of credit to the cast and crew of Sanctuary.

Sanctuary follows the adventures of Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne) and Magnus’ daughter Ashley (Emilie Ullerup) as together they track down, study and protect strange and sometimes terrifying creatures that secretly populate the Earth.

Sanctuary is the first television show based on an online series to ever be picked up for a second season (which will consist of 13 hour long episodes).

Production began on the second season of Sanctuary just over a month ago in Vancouver.

Although it has yet to be officially confirmed, Sanctuary is expected to return to SyFy in October 2009 where it will feature alongside Stargate Universe on Friday nights. We’re guessing both of these series will feature heavily in the 6th Annual Leo Awards in 2010.

Now that's what I wanna hear.

Comment

here's a slightly different topic

Remember the Gatewomen LJ group? the one that Deejay founded to celebrate the ladies of the Gate?

It had a year that was up next month, and I just paid for another year. however...well slow is an understatement. We had two separate ficathons last year that underperformed a bit, some fic were never done.

I know folks are busy, we all are. But, to 'save' the community I'd welcome any suggestions how to liven it up a bit. Discussion ideas, artwork contests, anything you guys think might liven things up a bit. And this isn't open only to samanda, it's open to ALL hte ladies of the Gate so if anyone plays in other groups, please spread the word.

I know Deejay started the group and that there is attachment to it because of that, but if the group isn't going to be active, next year at this time I'll just let it lapse.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Mothers Day

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          here's a slightly different topic

Remember the Gatewomen LJ group? the one that Deejay founded to celebrate the ladies of the Gate?

It had a year that was up next month, and I just paid for another year. however...well slow is an understatement. We had two separate ficathons last year that underperformed a bit, some fic were never done.

I know folks are busy, we all are. But, to 'save' the community I'd welcome any suggestions how to liven it up a bit. Discussion ideas, artwork contests, anything you guys think might liven things up a bit. And this isn't open only to samanda, it's open to ALL hte ladies of the Gate so if anyone plays in other groups, please spread the word.

I know Deejay started the group and that there is attachment to it because of that, but if the group isn't going to be active, next year at this time I'll just let it lapse.
                          Perhaps it could be opened up as another place to post fics feature any women of the gates. It doesn't have to be a ficathon, but just a place to find fic, featuring Sam, Janet, Vala, Elizabeth and Teyla. A place to fnd strong women in Stargate
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm all for that.

I don't know if it was ever meant for it to be a ficathon only group anyway. I think anything about any of the ladies would be welcome.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              As for the demographics of scifi/fantasy, I see WAY more women at cons than I do men. Seriously. I'd like to know where the folks who do these demographic test things are getting their info that only horny, teenage boys/men like scifi cause they're so off it's not funny.
                              Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              Long slightly OT rambling conversation on scifi demographics:
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm not sure if it's even spending money as much as that conventions tend to be, by their very nature, social events. And, though it sounds like a stereotype, I think women in general tend to be more social. Lets face it, I think a lot of us who go to cons do it 'to meet people' as much as for any other reason. Which could explain why there are more women.

But, yeah, the stereotypes and perceived demographics are likely way off base. I know it's true for videogames, too, in which most people are convinced women don't play yet 38% of 'players' are generally women. And this article (from 2005, so it's a bit out of date) states that, in the UK at least, female viewers slightly outnumbered males on Sci Fi UK. Again they attribute that to more character based Sci Fi shows with more female characters, which means, given the number of shows with strong female characters we've had since then, the actual people making the decisions may, in fact, know this and be setting programming as a result. (Sanctuary, TSCC, Dollhouse to name three that leap out)

Which brings this back almost on topic. Cause one can certainly see how both Sam and Helen have been on the leading edge of 'more complex and interesting female characters' and see the effect they've had on drawing the women here to scifi. And I know Sanctuary - thematically - often feels more like Lifetime well disguised than Scifi.

Although, I think the increase in females might also be attributable to the fact that many of the 'geeky' guys of the 50s and 60s actually did grow up and get married and have kids, including daughters with whom they shared their love of scifi - who shared it with their friends - so that in *spite* of the marketing the popularity grew among women...

And, approprietely for mother's day in the US, I know personally SciFi shows are some of the few we can watch as an entire family, with enough outward action and subtle layers to hold the interest of everyone from our youngest 5 year-old daughter (the one who wants to be a Wraith Queen when she grows up) to my 40-something husband.

Comment

May 10, 2009

I was planning to check on the results today but should have known you'd be on the ball! (and so early too) That's wonderful news. Very well deserved. Congratulations to AT and everyone connected with Sanctuary.

[QUOTE=Chelle DB;10147315
                                Oh oh...how cool that Amanda should win the award for mothers day...or is it not mothers day in Canada too??
                                Will check posts tomorrow...gotta choof....hubby and kids have barely seen me all day so...onward soldiers! [/QUOTE]

It is Mother's Day here today as well.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X