Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    That was a very nice interview I had to laugh when David asked where he could find Stuck ... he should've asked here lol.
    Yeah, that was hilarious. I was sitting on my couch, bouncing, "I've got one!"
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      I haven't heard the interview yet but
      Spoiler:
      we met the new lady writer on our tour. Wasn't sure if we were allowed to discuss that or who else is new to the show (how's that for a tease? ) I'm proud to say we did not have a single discussion about the hair during our visit! The only mention of hair was when Robin said Amanda took longer in make up thanhe did because of the hair.
      Did we meet her?? Lol ... I think I forgot about that. Can you please remind me in a message?

And there were a lot of things in the interview that we talked about during the tour. I was smiling throughout the interview .. he ... I knew that already ... lol. I think this interview was done the same day we were there (I think GW twittered they were on the Sanctuary set thursday morning and we were there in the afternoon). Happy memories

Oh ... and on the hair ...
      Spoiler:
      I thought Robin said his hair actually takes longer and that we didn't want to see how he came in the make up trailer in the morning ...
      sigpic

Comment

Great Interview......great to finally here from AT......when they asked about the movie STUCK, she kind of had that smile like ahh he is not asking me this...lol.......poor thing.....

But she rocks....Amanda Tapping ROCKs.......
        Spoiler:
        I didn't know that the pictur in the title sequence was little Olivia. that is so cool. And that she would possibly consider using her as a little Ashley should that come up in a episode...so cool.......

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
        Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Spoiler:
          we met the new lady writer on our tour. Wasn't sure if we were allowed to discuss that or who else is new to the show (how's that for a tease? ) I'm proud to say we did not have a single discussion about the hair during our visit! The only mention of hair was when Robin said Amanda took longer in make up thanhe did because of the hair.
          I'm assuming you're talking about the
          Spoiler:
          Kate Freelander
          character? Or is there more?
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            Spoiler:
            Kate Freelander
            There was mention of a guest star who had already filmed some scenes, but I think this person was only to appear in 1 ep. And also a mention of a very cool set they are building ... (we didn't see it, but it sounded cool lol). Not much else for spoilers if I remember correctly.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I loved Amanda's interview today she was so funny as she always is.
              I love the sound of what's coming up in season 2 of Sanctuary.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                I loved the webisodes and Season 1, but Amanda's right that Season 1 had a lighter feel than the webisodes, so it'll be ineresting to see that darker element from the webisodes return to the series.
                Yeah, I'm one who likes the webisodes better, I thought they were more intense and I liked the style. Having said that I do realise they polished off the story lines quite well in early Season 1 and made plot lines a bit more logical however my one complaint has always been that they seemed to have applied the "Network formulas" a bit too much. I'm glad that they'll be heading back to a (I hate buzz words!!) more darker, edgier feel and I look forward to Helen being less "homogenised" as I feel that the character being in the line of work she is and being the age she is should have a darker and deeper side. I also cannot wait to see where Amanda takes Magnus; I'm looking forward to more performances like Requiem, not so much like that episode but where Amanda has to dig deep into her acting skills - that is what I'd like to see.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to Season 2!!
                -

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Re the new
                  Spoiler:
                  writers, do you know what else they have worked on? I'm curious about their previous work.
                  -

Comment

That was a very nice interview I had to laugh when David asked where he could find Stuck ... he should've asked here lol.
                    Well, I think the short version of the answer AT herself gave translates into ask here
                    Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Yeah, I'm one who likes the webisodes better, I thought they were more intense and I liked the style. Having said that I do realise they polished off the story lines quite well in early Season 1 and made plot lines a bit more logical however my one complaint has always been that they seemed to have applied the "Network formulas" a bit too much. I'm glad that they'll be heading back to a (I hate buzz words!!) more darker, edgier feel and I look forward to Helen being less "homogenised" as I feel that the character being in the line of work she is and being the age she is should have a darker and deeper side. I also cannot wait to see where Amanda takes Magnus; I'm looking forward to more performances like Requiem, not so much like that episode but where Amanda has to dig deep into her acting skills - that is what I'd like to see.
                    I think it's interesting that the episodes I liked the best - and I think many others did as well - are Requiem, The Five, and Rev and those I think are the darkest of the season. One wonders if this showed up in marketing and not just here - that the episodes which tended to be 'darker' were better received - and it's one of the reasons the network is willing to 'risk' going darker overall.

As for the writers, I will say one of the things I'd noticed awhile ago about Allan McCullough is he seemed to write some of the better whump on Stargate, so I immediately saw it as a good sign that he was coming over to Sanctuary. Of all the Stargate writers, I think he might be the best 'match' for a darker Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Re the new
                      Spoiler:
                      writers, do you know what else they have worked on? I'm curious about their previous work.
                      Spoilers for Sanctuary, Season 2
                      Spoiler:
                      In addition to Alan McCullough, she mentioned that James Thorpe and Sara Cooper were now on the writing staff.

James Thorpe was one of the main writers on Highlander (the series), Highlander: the Raven, Queen of Swords, The Lost World, and Young Blades. He also wrote a few of the episodes of Flash Gordon. I loved many of his Highlander episodes. I think he will do a good job with historical episodes and flashbacks especially. The other stuff he has worked is a bit hit or miss. Most of the shows were low budget syndicated shows and Flash Gordon was for the most part. I tend to think that had a lot of do with the production values and acting, since he is more than capable of writing extremely good stories. He should be a good addition to the writer's room.

James Thorpe on IMDB

If it is the same Sara Cooper listed on IMDB, then she has written for ST:TNG, House, X-Files, Homicide, Strong Medicine, and she has a story credit for the first Lara Croft movie. Personally, I'm just thrilled there is actually a female writer on staff.

Sara Cooper on IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        As for the writers, I will say one of the things I'd noticed awhile ago about Allan McCullough is he seemed to write some of the better whump on Stargate, so I immediately saw it as a good sign that he was coming over to Sanctuary. Of all the Stargate writers, I think he might be the best 'match' for a darker Sanctuary.
                        She said the other writer was Sarah Cooper (GW spelling)... there were several SC on IMDb it COULD be Sara B Cooper the only writer I could find. IF it is, she wrote for House, Homicide:Life on the Streets, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, X-Files, STtNG, among many others. She was also Executive producer of House (2005) and Homicide (1999) We won't know for sure until we get closer to October and season 2

EDIT: LOL Looks like Melora and I had the same thought

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                          Good interview! I love her Continuum memories.

I had no idea how much Amanda and the other execs had to go through to get Sanctuary going. It's good to see their hard work pay off with good ratings and a second season in an expanded market.

I loved the webisodes and Season 1, but Amanda's right that Season 1 had a lighter feel than the webisodes, so it'll be ineresting to see that darker element from the webisodes return to the series.
                          One of the things that was mentioned by AT and others on the tour (sorry to keep mentioning that, hope no one views it as "OMG she's bringing up the darn tour again" just trying to give you the source as opposed to reading it in an interview, seeing it on the internet, etc) was that the crew waited for Sanctuary to get "a go" even turning down other work to be available. AT raved about the crew and how wonderful they are. I mentioned that it was a testament to TPTB (including AT) that they would wait for the chance to work on the show.

Did we meet her?? Lol ... I think I forgot about that. Can you please remind me in a message?

And there were a lot of things in the interview that we talked about during the tour. I was smiling throughout the interview .. he ... I knew that already ... lol. I think this interview was done the same day we were there (I think GW twittered they were on the Sanctuary set thursday morning and we were there in the afternoon). Happy memories

Oh ... and on the hair ...
                          Spoiler:
                          I thought Robin said his hair actually takes longer and that we didn't want to see how he came in the make up trailer in the morning ...
                          Yes, we did meet her, although briefly. I thought I was the old and forgetful one. Although maybe you were distracted by Chris after the kiss and all.

I'll have to listen to the interview. I believe they were there that morning (although I don't think we knew that until later).

Hair:
                          Spoiler:
                          I think Robin made a comment on Amanda's hair and she responded that his took longer, etc.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Kate Freelander
                          And
                          Spoiler:
                          Alan McCullough but I see that is known now (see below). He is awfully cute. Got to meet him briefly too. He closed his door in order to work, I think we were making too much noise at lunch!

There was mention of a guest star who had already filmed some scenes, but I think this person was only to appear in 1 ep. And also a mention of a very cool set they are building ... (we didn't see it, but it sounded cool lol). Not much else for spoilers if I remember correctly.
                          And
                          Spoiler:
                          Alan.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Well, I think the short version of the answer AT herself gave translates into ask here
                          I think it's interesting that the episodes I liked the best - and I think many others did as well - are Requiem, The Five, and Rev and those I think are the darkest of the season. One wonders if this showed up in marketing and not just here - that the episodes which tended to be 'darker' were better received - and it's one of the reasons the network is willing to 'risk' going darker overall.

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                          Spoilers for Sanctuary, Season 2
                          Spoiler:
                          In addition to Alan McCullough, she mentioned that James Thorpe and Sara Cooper were now on the writing staff.

James Thorpe was one of the main writers on Highlander (the series), Highlander: the Raven, Queen of Swords, The Lost World, and Young Blades. He also wrote a few of the episodes of Flash Gordon. I loved many of his Highlander episodes. I think he will do a good job with historical episodes and flashbacks especially. The other stuff he has worked is a bit hit or miss. Most of the shows were low budget syndicated shows and Flash Gordon was for the most part. I tend to think that had a lot of do with the production values and acting, since he is more than capable of writing extremely good stories. He should be a good addition to the writer's room.

James Thorpe on IMDB

If it is the same Sara Cooper listed on IMDB, then she has written for ST:TNG, House, X-Files, Homicide, Strong Medicine, and she has a story credit for the first Lara Croft movie. Personally, I'm just thrilled there is actually a female writer on staff.

Sara Cooper on IMDB

Spoiler:
                          Sara is the lady we met and they mentioned some of the shows she had worked on, pretty impressive resume. It was also mentioned that all scripts would go through Damian however to ensure consistency.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Woot! Fun, fun interview!

Just so you know, the video is very bad. Although some expression comes through you might just want to listen to the audio.

Best interview in a very long time. GW outdid themselves.

suse
                            i very much enjoyed it!

but i REALLY wanted to see amanda there! i don't know what was wrong with the vid (i thought it might be too high def for my computer), but i sure hope somehow they can clean it up.

(((amanda))) seeing new amanda stuff helps with the withdrawal.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i very much enjoyed it!

but i REALLY wanted to see amanda there! i don't know what was wrong with the vid (i thought it might be too high def for my computer), but i sure hope somehow they can clean it up.

I find my nubbin helps with withdrawal.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                i very much enjoyed it!

Sally, which version were you trying to watch? Some people seem to be having difficulties with the Quicktime version but can view the flash version in GateWorld Play quite easily. Have you tried that one?
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X