Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE!!!!!

Ok, thanks to Jan, we now have a copy of the interview that you can stream and it's wmv

http://www.4shared.com/file/10233506...e_4_25_09.html

*ok, now you can have your dessert Jan*
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      UPDATE!!!!!

*looks around for signs of Sunny*

Oh so NOW I can have Henry
      sigpic

Comment

SG1/Sanctuary - GateWorld: Amanda Tapping Video/Audio Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....15&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

Woot! Fun, fun interview!

Just so you know, the video is very bad. Although some expression comes through you might just want to listen to the audio.

Best interview in a very long time. GW outdid themselves.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Woot! Fun, fun interview!

Just so you know, the video is very bad. Although some expression comes through you might just want to listen to the audio.

Best interview in a very long time. GW outdid themselves.
            I watched it on GateWorld Play's video player and it came out nice and clear: http://www.gateworld.net/video/newsa...40977362.shtml

I think maybe the Flash format of the video may be causing the issues with Quicktime.

But it was a lovely interview, and now I really cannot wait for Sanctuary!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              I watched it on GateWorld Play's video player and it came out nice and clear: http://www.gateworld.net/video/newsa...40977362.shtml

I think maybe the Flash format of the video may be causing the issues with Quicktime.

Ah, thanks for that .. I tried opening it in Quicktime .. that was very annoying. No time to watch it now ... has to wait till after work.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                It seems to be lacking a file extension. What type of file is it? .mov .wmv .avi?
                Originally posted by antoa View Post
                .avi it is Chelle - try opening it with VNC, that seems to always play any type of vid file.
                Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                Yes, it is an avi and once I added .avi to the end of the file name, it played fine on Windows Media Player.
                And Mandy the lack of an extension on the file name might be why it isn't streaming; it doesn't recognize it as a video file.
                ....uhm....what??? I have no idea what you just said...but thanks for the advice anyways...I think!
                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                UPDATE!!!!!
                Ok, thanks to Jan, we now have a copy of the interview that you can stream and it's wmv
                http://www.4shared.com/file/10233506...e_4_25_09.html
                Ahhhh....much better!! Thank you ladies...that was sweet...short but sweet!
                Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                I had a lot of trouble with the quicktime but only minimal trouble with GateWorld Play.
                Amanda looks stunning as always. I love her expressions! I can't believe her dog is sooo huge! I didn't think Bouvier were that big! Holy buckets!! And I thought my Bill was a bog boy...dang. George is like 4 kilograms heavier than Bill...cool!
                Night all. Take care and please stay safe. (((Samandans)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Really nice interview. Lots of fun.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the interview.

And the IT lesson about file videos! I don't know all that stuff either

Can you just imagine being the banker when Amanda walks in to ask for money? I wonder if they even knew who she was before she talked to them or had seen her shows.

So do you think AT went to the bank meeting dressed more like Helen or Sam?

Comment

Well I read the interview on GW home page. Very cool. I liked what she said about what's coming in Sanctuary and it was cool to see
                      Spoiler:
                      they're actually going to have a woman writer on the show.
                      I also liked her comment about the 3rd SG movie that
                      Spoiler:
                      she's not going to do a wig. I think she's right that they don't work well. I just hope she can go blond enough to look like our Sam without harming her own hair.
                      . It's all about the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        It's all about the hair.
                        Oh it's most definitely about the hair. I was glad to hear
                        Spoiler:
                        that she wasn't going to wear a wig in the movie either - they just never really work for her
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                          *looks around for signs of Sunny*

Oh so NOW I can have Henry
                          I want some too! And if Henry is on the dessert menu, I REALLY want to look at the entrees.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          Ah, thanks for that .. I tried opening it in Quicktime .. that was very annoying. No time to watch it now ... has to wait till after work.
                          I've downloaded the Quicktime file 3 times and it gets a buffer overrun error every time I try to play it.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          Can you just imagine being the banker when Amanda walks in to ask for money? I wonder if they even knew who she was before she talked to them or had seen her shows.

So do you think AT went to the bank meeting dressed more like Helen or Sam?
                          Hmmm.
                          Sam: black-ops BDUs and a Carter special
                          Helen: black leather with 3" stilettos
                          Either way I think they'd be too afraid to say no.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

Good interview! I love her Continuum memories.

I had no idea how much Amanda and the other execs had to go through to get Sanctuary going. It's good to see their hard work pay off with good ratings and a second season in an expanded market.

I loved the webisodes and Season 1, but Amanda's right that Season 1 had a lighter feel than the webisodes, so it'll be ineresting to see that darker element from the webisodes return to the series.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

That was a very nice interview I had to laugh when David asked where he could find Stuck ... he should've asked here lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Well I read the interview on GW home page. Very cool. I liked what she said about what's coming in Sanctuary and it was cool to see
                                Spoiler:
                                they're actually going to have a woman writer on the show.
                                I also liked her comment about the 3rd SG movie that
                                Spoiler:
                                she's not going to do a wig. I think she's right that they don't work well. I just hope she can go blond enough to look like our Sam without harming her own hair.
                                . It's all about the hair.
                                I haven't heard the interview yet but
                                Spoiler:
                                we met the new lady writer on our tour. Wasn't sure if we were allowed to discuss that or who else is new to the show (how's that for a tease? ) I'm proud to say we did not have a single discussion about the hair during our visit! The only mention of hair was when Robin said Amanda took longer in make up thanhe did because of the hair.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X