Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    So, up early yet again. WARNING TO NEEP: Antoa's phone is evil! The alarm goes off early and often and apparently cannot be stopped! Either that or Antoa has a wee bit of an evil streak and likes to play jokes on old people. Either way, not gettin' much sleep.

We are off to the Stargate set tour today. Gotta say, not going to be anywhere near as much fun as the Sanctuary tour.
    At least we will have to be getting up that early during GABIT, so it's all good.

And my phone is evil. It's currently being punished and sitting without it's battery for now.

I've been quiet with the reports, but I've been near by when most of them have been posted, offering my suggestions.

Comment

Double post since everyone is so quiet.

We just got back from the set tour which was lead by N. John Smith. We asked him about the new SG-1 movie (he said he read the script and it was quite good). He also said that Sam is indeed in it and he even said something along the lines of 'Sam Heavy'. He also talked about how lovely Amanda was to work with int he Arctic. And mentioned Sanctuary a few times and he suggested that next year the tours should include the Sanctuary sets.

Just though I'd share the news.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

We just got back from the set tour which was lead by N. John Smith. We asked him about the new SG-1 movie (he said he read the script and it was quite good). He also said that Sam is indeed in it and he even said something along the lines of 'Sam Heavy'. He also talked about how lovely Amanda was to work with int he Arctic. And mentioned Sanctuary a few times and he suggested that next year the tours should include the Sanctuary sets.

Thanks antoa for taking time out of your busy day for the updates

((Hugs)) to all of you...yes even EH-T
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey antoa! *waves* What cool person to lead your tour! Sounds like fun! And yay for Sam in movie 3. Thanks for taking time to tell us. *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

had a lovely tour of the Stargate sets although not nearly as good as the Sanctuary tour! We kept saying "Where is our trailer?" "Why is the caterer's truck closed?" Yes we are now total prima donnas.

The Sg1 stuff is all changed though so that was disappointing. The Atlantis set was lovely and I kept thinking: this is where Sam stood on the balcony, this is where Sam had her meetings, etc. Cool.
            NJS mentioned how wonderful Amanda is to work with and how easy it was to do the Arctic stuff with her and RDA.

Another Sanctuary snippet. Did we mention we got to see Amanda/Martin's office And Amanda"s trailer?"

HEY! Actually posted by me (EH-T) forgot to sign Antoa off!

Comment

had a lovely tour of the Stargate sets although not nearly as good as the Sanctuary tour! We kept saying "Where is our trailer?" "Why is the caterer's truck closed?" Yes we are now total prima donnas.

The Sg1 stuff is all changed though so that was disappointing. The Atlantis set was lovely and I kept thinking: this is where Sam stood on the balcony, this is where Sam had her meetings, etc. Cool.
              NJS mentioned how wonderful Amanda is to work with and how easy it was to do the Arctic stuff with her and RDA.

Another Sanctuary snippet. Did we mention we got to see Amanda/Martin's office And Amanda"s trailer?"

HEY! Actually posted by me (EH-T) forgot to sign Antoa off!
              Ooooh lucky prima donnas ducks

...oh and trying to confuse eh
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Ooooh lucky prima donnas ducks

...oh and trying to confuse eh
                That's not difficult to do. You are easily confused.

This is really antoa now.

Just wanted to mention something that EH-T forgot. We also got to see the "General Hammond" as well! That was very very cool. It was the same set as all the other ships, but it had the plaque for "General Hammond"

*edit* Apparently EH-T has signed in as herself and we the ones that are confused.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just wanted to mention something that EH-T forgot. We also got to see the "General Hammond" as well! That was very very cool. It was the same set as all the other ships, but it had the plaque for "General Hammond"
                  Ooh! Oh! I usually just lurk in this great thread, but this prompted me to post. So, if you saw the "GH," then it...wait, oh crap, spoilered for EatG:
                  Spoiler:
                  then it wasn't destroyed in EatG! Which means that it will be Sam's ship in the movie! Especially since someone else posted recently, either here or on the Con thread
                  Spoiler:
                  just to be sure...
                  Spoiler:
                  that the new movie is "Sam heavy." Woo hoo(d)!! And if it's Sam heavy and Jack-centric...then...woohoo for shippiness. Sorry if you're not a shipper.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Dudes we're not sure who's who right now because Antoa and EH-T are 7 floors up and they're confused, and since we seem to do everything together, SamJackShipLover and I are confused by default.

This is the first time I've actually had a moment to come online and I'm awfully sorry for keeping you hanging. Hopefully I can be a little cooler now than I have been...

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    Sounds incredible!

*is a little jealous*

How awesome for all of you. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks. Oh... wait. EH-T was with you wasn't she?
                    lol. Yeah, I have to say EH-T is quite the cheeky monkey.

PengYn, Dancing Trees, Dancing Trees!
                    Shush woman.

You know why does everybody else get all the exciting posts and I get the one with the vaguely disappointing answer? I think it's a conspiracy. Amanda does not know when or if Dancing Trees will be released on to dvd. She had very little knowledge of how the film has been released, and how available it was. So sorry to disappoint, but we seem to know more about it than her.

I have to say that I'm having an absolutely incredible time here in Vancouver. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I'm all over Gateworld now... there's one shot where I know I'm grinning and geeking out a bit because Chris Heyerdahl is standing right in front of me. We've bumped into Darren and co. a few times and even just a short while ago their cameras came out and they were like "Can we take a picture?" They called us "beautiful people." I have to say we didn't disagree

Yesterday Teryl was trying to set me up with the cute guy in front of us during the autographs. He's joining us for the dessert party tonight, and he's totally adding me on facebook. Teryl the matchmaker!!

I promise all that I will write my usual lengthy con reports, but at the moment there is barely time to breathe, let alone try and get online for any lengthy period of time. I don't even think I had a chance to come and say how absolutely incredible the set tour was. It was beyond imagining. An incredible opportunity, and everyone was unbelievably kind and generous. Amanda took so much time out of her busy schedule to spend it with us. It was a truly awesome day.

*hugs to all*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                      Are there any questions you guys would like me to ask her, if i get the chance?
                      Gotta go to the celebrity cabaret now....
                      ((((Samandas))))
                      Well, let's see...PengYn has the Dancing Trees assignment Oops--I see that has been answered. Well, at least Amanda knows we're on the lookout for l*everything* she's in.

For a question for AT-- How about: If she were told "tell us what story you want Sam to have for an episode of Atlantis" what kind of story would she have liked to see?

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Hey Everyone,

Oh wow cool!! Amanda signed to all of us too, that's so cool!!

Squeeee! sounds like you guys had an amazing day! I'm so pleased for all of you! And thank you all so much for sharing it with us. *tackle hugs you all*

Great news. And how great that she signed the poster to the Samandans. Makes me feel like in a small way I'm with you guys. That and the great updates. Thanks!
                      Last edited by jckfan55; 04 April 2009, 01:11 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        Yesterday Teryl was trying to set me up with the cute guy in front of us during the autographs. He's joining us for the dessert party tonight, and he's totally adding me on facebook. Teryl the matchmaker!!
                        Didn't she set up Don Davis and his wife? IIRC? So you're in capable hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          Ooh! Oh! I usually just lurk in this great thread, but this prompted me to post. So, if you saw the "GH," then it...wait, oh crap, spoilered for EatG:
                          Spoiler:
                          then it wasn't destroyed in EatG! Which means that it will be Sam's ship in the movie! Especially since someone else posted recently, either here or on the Con thread
                          Spoiler:
                          just to be sure...
                          Spoiler:
                          that the new movie is "Sam heavy." Woo hoo(d)!! And if it's Sam heavy and Jack-centric...then...woohoo for shippiness. Sorry if you're not a shipper.
                          I'm afraid for me, S/J is about as enticing as having root canal without the anaesthetic. Sam piloting the General Hammond on the other hand, is made of squee. Women make the best spaceship pilots, plus it opens up new vistas for the third film.

PengYn, Antoa, EH-T, SamJackShipLover, thank you so much for the set and con reports. I'm so glad it is all living up to your expectations (but never doubted the Sanctuary visit would be worth every penny).

FF (in the middle of getting stuff ready for Eastercon next weekend in Bradford & I don't even know who the pro guests are!)
                          sigpic

Comment

That's not difficult to do. You are easily confused.

This is really antoa now.

*edit* Apparently EH-T has signed in as herself and we the ones that are confused.
                            Cool! I hope this means that there's a good chance we'll be seeing Sam commanding the Hammond in the third movie (and maybe the Atlantis one as well).

And my infinite thanks to all of you for finding time to post these reports and updates for us. The fridge is locked at the moment, but lots of green to you all!

sigpic

Comment

Oh, man! That is fantastic! Thanks for sharing that little bit of insider info with us! I'm a little bit happy about that...

Spoiler:
                              WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              just to be sure...
                              Spoiler:
                              Definitely!!! It's all good and very, very promising!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ooooooooh I just love it that people take time out from their Con to drop us a line and share their experiences.

Again - Thank You So Much

*wanders off in search of Mandy to torment*
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X