Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madam Vice President
    I would like to apply ( bows deep with reverence ) for Royal Gardener for organic fruits and vegetables. Here henceforth are some of my sample produce. May Madam Vice President be pleased with my offerings.

organic peppers

organic bananas

organic apples

I shall await in silence...( bows again for a whole 10 sec. ).

Royal Gardener in Waiting...gatebee

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      (editing to add what the name of the mag is: 'SFX', # 132, article by thomasina gibson)

this 'might' be the interview that bink was talking about? anyhoo, i just read a new interview with amanda (and others). i got the links off another forum. it's split up into three (four counting the first page pic of mitchell which i left out).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-4.jpg

i typed out amanda's part:

spoilers for s9

One shining star who will be returning to the Stargate firmament is Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter. Tapping has taken six weeks off to get to know the precious addition to her clan but rest assured, Carter returns to help save the day when the bad guys look set to take over and the good ol' boys need a bit of help to protect the Earth. "When Mitchell arrives there is no SG-1," says Kindler, "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

Amanda Tapping is relishing the time she's spending at home with her new baby and is looking forward to returning to work. "Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased," she grins. "There is no way that i could leave her for any length of time so we've come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family."

~~~

sally
      Thanks for posting the article - sorry can't rep you currently

Now I read what you posted last night - then I went abck today and read the article from the scans. I would like to point out one thing that is either a miss print or statement on Thomasina's part or a nice
      Spoiler:
      Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter.
      Colonel not Lt. Colonel Sam Carter. So what do you think a promotion for Sam or just a mistake? I mean if you read the whole article Browder's character is always either called Lt. Colonel Mitchell or just Mitchell for short.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Thanks for posting the article - sorry can't rep you currently

Now I read what you posted last night - then I went abck today and read the article from the scans. I would like to point out one thing that is either a miss print or statement on Thomasina's part or a nice
        Spoiler:
        Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter.
        Colonel not Lt. Colonel Sam Carter. So what do you think a promotion for Sam or just a mistake? I mean if you read the whole article Browder's character is always either called Lt. Colonel Mitchell or just Mitchell for short.
        Oh, my goodness!
        Spoiler:
        Great catch! It’s so easy to hope this wasn’t just a slip of the fingers on the keyboard and Sam *really* is a full Colonel. Wouldn’t that make us euphoric and solve all the ‘in command’ anxieties?!! If it's true, what *has* she been doing to warrant the promotion? Probably everything, everywhere and she'll save the world, again.

But until we know more, I’ll just try to calm down and attempt to patiently wait this thing out. But, it would be so *cool* if…..

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          Oh, my goodness!
          Spoiler:
          Great catch! It’s so easy to hope this wasn’t just a slip of the fingers on the keyboard and Sam *really* is a full Colonel. Wouldn’t that make us euphoric and solve all the ‘in command’ anxieties?!! If it's true, what *has* she been doing to warrant the promotion? Probably everything, everywhere and she'll save the world, again.

But until we know more, I’ll just try to calm down and attempt to patiently wait this thing out. But, it would be so *cool* if…..
          What has she been doing??!???

Well there is that whole "end of all replicators" thing....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hope Alan isn't reading this thread!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I just finished reading Sky's Phoenix Trilogy Fini, Primodium and Natus.

HOLY HANNAH!!!

I don't think I have cried so much after reading a fic in all my short lived fandom life. I was literally weeping like a blubbering baby by the end of the last story. I absolutely love UA stories and this has got to be one of the best I have read.

If you don't like the ultimate in tragedy, don't read it but if you have a strong heart and you can handle lots and lots and LOTS of death, please do not let this story go unread.

Sky! I'm at a lost for words. Wow. I loved it!
              I've never really come across a symbiote character outside of Selmac that I have cared so deeply about, but you changed all that with Talya...and the little twist at the end... gasp... *still crying*.

Kat

Ill 2nd that (again ) - I can't really think of a word to describe how good those three fics are

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                Egad! How could I have forgotten those?!?! Sheesh, you're right. That woman...

Nah, I definitely should have remembered all of those, with the exception of the rat, Corso, though I must admit that he was VERY attractive.

Jeez... I still can't believe I didn't remember Sam/Barrett or Sam/Martouf. I think there's just about ever letter of the alphabet in that list!
                you guys are forgetting someone *very* important!....

Jarlath, from Space Race.

sally, who liked the big lug...
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                  Madam Vice President
                  I would like to apply ( bows deep with reverence ) for Royal Gardener for organic fruits and vegetables. Here henceforth are some of my sample produce. May Madam Vice President be pleased with my offerings.

organic peppers

organic bananas

organic apples

I shall await in silence...( bows again for a whole 10 sec. ).

Royal Gardener in Waiting...gatebee
                  you mean i get to DO something as vice president?....

*clears throat*

okay, as VICE PRESIDENT, i hereby allow gatebee to... looks at notes... to be our Royal Gardener extraordinaire!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

rofl...
                    I actually thought she had something more going with Warrick

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I just finished reading Sky's Phoenix Trilogy Fini, Primodium and Natus.

HOLY HANNAH!!!

I don't think I have cried so much after reading a fic in all my short lived fandom life. I was literally weeping like a blubbering baby by the end of the last story. I absolutely love UA stories and this has got to be one of the best I have read.

If you don't like the ultimate in tragedy, don't read it but if you have a strong heart and you can handle lots and lots and LOTS of death, please do not let this story go unread.

Sky! I'm at a lost for words. Wow. I loved it!
                      I've never really come across a symbiote character outside of Selmac that I have cared so deeply about, but you changed all that with Talya...and the little twist at the end... gasp... *still crying*.

Kat

Just checking in from kansas city

THANK YOU Kat and all the others who have sent me such kinda words aobut the story. I do have to say, i doubt i woulda written them if it hadn't have been for Adi. she was great at pushing me to do something different

You know, it just hit me last night, i scooped TPTB on a plot twist. those of you that have read the fic know which one i mean. Ok, so mine was a lot more tragic than the one we got on the show

I can't wait until i get home and can get back to you guys. I've missed Samanda
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

I can't wait until i get home and can get back to you guys. I've missed Samanda
                        we miss you too, skydiver.

(((sky)))

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

you mean i get to DO something as vice president?....

*clears throat*

okay, as VICE PRESIDENT, i hereby allow gatebee to... looks at notes... to be our Royal Gardener extraordinaire!

sally
                          Yes, Madam Vice President, it is good to be vice president and let it be henceforth known that Gatebee is our Royal Gardener.

AS there have been several new appointments, I shall update the Court Positions sometime before the weekend for the Samanda scrapbook.

Jester

Comment

SG1 Dynamics in S9
                            Spoiler:
                            Okay if you have not checked it out here is a quote from the new spoiler information on 'Collateral Damage' - Also of note to those interested in how the new SG-1's dynamic will shape up: Colonel Mitchell addresses Colonel Carter as "Sam," implying a certain level of familiarity. for full story check out spoiler article on 'Collateral Damage'
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              SG1 Dynamics in S9
                              Spoiler:
                              Okay if you have not checked it out here is a quote from the new spoiler information on 'Collateral Damage' - Also of note to those interested in how the new SG-1's dynamic will shape up: Colonel Mitchell addresses Colonel Carter as "Sam," implying a certain level of familiarity. for full story check out spoiler article on 'Collateral Damage'
                              Hmmm, thats pretty interesting...
                              Here's a thought - Perhaps Mitchell and Carter served in the same unit together during the Gulf War?

Comment

eeeeeeeeewwwww... Sally!

Comment

Working...
                                X