Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    something stolen from the off topic folder

if sam was home sick and didn't feel like working, what is her 'comfort movie'

something she's watched a dozen times but loves and will rewatch.
    The Princess Bride.

sigpic

Comment

wow, amanda's charity auction is going great!

the signed arm sling is at $800.
      set tour: $7,100.
      the 20 minute chat: $3,000.

the bidding ends tomorrow. i can't wait to see who wins!

i can afford the clasp of the arm sling, the driving into the parking lot of the set tour, and 16 seconds of the chat.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Sally,
        Spoiler:
        are you implying that Amanda/Sam is fat?

Spoiler:
        no, the baggy clothes and unusual camera angles.

What if she did, and Jack came over to Atlantis to try and save her? But what if Sam got a hold of Jack and started to feed on him, or almost feed on him?
        i read a fic where something like this (turning wraith) happened, but i'd like to see the show handle it. it doesn't have to go shippy, just serious. got to have that sam whump.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Sam's comfort movie: The Sound of Music. Isn't it every woman's comfort movie?

Regarding my own question, I've been thinking about what bugs me about Sam. I guess it is that sometimes the scientist part of her overcomes the compassionate part of her. The example I'm thinking of is wanting to watch the black hole in A Matter of Time when, as Jack said, it was watching good men die in slow motion. Doesn't happen often though.
          other than that, i can't think of any other time sam's done that. can anyone else?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            The Princess Bride.
            Inconceivable!

Spaceballs.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              other than that, i can't think of any other time sam's done that. can anyone else?
              Off the top of my head, I'd say in Metamorphosis when she wanted to study Nirrti's machine after she'd been cured. And perhaps a bit in Point of View when the AU Sam took offense at our Sam's more clinical analysis of the differences between their realities.

Though I think conversely there are times when Sam's compassionate side overcomes the more scientific/rational part to good and bad results, like in Singularity and Gemini.

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Inconceivable!

Spaceballs.

suse
              LOL! 'Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

LOL! 'Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!'
                May the Schwartz be with you

*you know, someone had to say it*
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Comfort movie: GI Jane

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    Comfort movie: GI Jane
                    Based on the title alone, I'd have to wonder how she couldn't nitpick it to death.
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Singing in the Rain

Comment

young frankenstein...ahem, steen
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

On movies:

I love the idea of The Princess Bride.

I also think Sam would really get into Raiders of the Lost Ark and North by Northwest (a great old Hitchcock adventure/romance).

It's a Wonderful Life is reassuring to the human spirit at any time of year, not just Christmas. Sam has had so much trouble accepting her own worth over the years. She'd have to find comfort in its message.

But comfort movie? How about The Wizard of Oz?

After all, it would always make her think of the people she loves most...her SG-1 teammates...

* Ok...don't get me started on movies. I'll go on forever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Inconceivable!

Spaceballs.

suse
                            I'm with suse - Spaceballs rulz!!!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                            On movies:

I love the idea of The Princess Bride.

I also think Sam would really get into Raiders of the Lost Ark and North by Northwest (a great old Hitchcock adventure/romance).

It's a Wonderful Life is reassuring to the human spirit at any time of year, not just Christmas. Sam has had so much trouble accepting her own worth over the years. She'd have to find comfort in its message.

But comfort movie? How about The Wizard of Oz?

After all, it would always make her think of the people she loves most...her SG-1 teammates...

* Ok...don't get me started on movies. I'll go on forever!!!
                            I'd go with Raiders it's one of my comfort movies and one of my all time faves. Maybe throw in a Monty Python or two as well
                            -

Comment

Hey Everyone,

it's not a valentine's fic, but it is a funny one, at least i think so

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/comedy/youbet.htm

It's movie night, and you'll never believe what they're watching

*IckyHet warning for the non-shippers, but it's in the story, not as the story
                              Hehe, that was good, thanks Sky.
                              Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              *headslap*

VDay.

Forgot to mention I wrote a Sanctuary VDay ficlet: The Card. And as it's pretty much Helen and Ashley, it's on-topic.
                              I loved this Jenn, thanks.

All the musicals that have been released on DVD, and she knows all the words too, hehe!
                              Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              wow, amanda's charity auction is going great!

the signed arm sling is at $800.
                              set tour: $7,100.
                              the 20 minute chat: $3,000.

the bidding ends tomorrow. i can't wait to see who wins!

i can afford the clasp of the arm sling, the driving into the parking lot of the set tour, and 16 seconds of the chat.
                              Hahaha! Yeah that's about what I can afford to Sally. I think the amount of money Amanda can raise is fantastic though.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

Forgot to mention I wrote a Sanctuary VDay ficlet: The Card. And as it's pretty much Helen and Ashley, it's on-topic.
                                Oooh...I read that...very cute. I enjoyed that fic very much. Thank you Jenn!!
                                this is one thing that i find positive about universe. they are going to have a creative consultant....a sort of 'beta reader' for the show, so hopefully someone that can have some oversight and maybe learn from the past to make the new show stronger.
                                Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                                And it's Scalzi, who's not well known in Skiffy for lying down and taking it. I'm sure he will make his feelings felt and he has a solid SF background to back him up.
                                FF
                                Woot...a good thing for SGU then...a good start!! I'm going to watch it when or rather if it comes out down here. I'll give it a fair go.
                                Originally posted by donamac View Post
                                Singing in the Rain
                                I was gonna say "Singing in the Rain" but Donamac beat me...d'oh!
                                So how about "An Affair to Remember" or "Boys Town" or "Sleepless in Seattle" or "Lassie Come Home" with the young Roddy McDowell...the old version that is to say!
                                Or "Steel Magnolias" or "Thelma and Louise" or "The Long Kiss Goodnight".

Anyway...I just wanted to say thank you to the Samandans for being the fabulous group of people that you are.
                                Goodnight, take care and stay safe. (((Samandans)))
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X