Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come back Spaz! We miss you.

(using the birthday database date, not your GW birthdate )

NC

Comment

Happy Birthday Spaz!!!

And one minor adjustment to MajorSam's cake

Happy Birthday Sam!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi
        What is discussing in this thread?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pinielf View Post
          Hi
          What is discussing in this thread?

Welcome! This thread is for people who like Amanda Tapping and her character, Samantha Carter.

The last few pages were ahve been talking about a Christmas card exchange, and penguins and polar bears. (There is a running joke, those who like to pair Sam and Jack in a personal relationship are penguins, those who don't (relation)ship them (or any characters at all) are polar bears.)

But we all get along.

Sholom.

Susan
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

hehe, i've not heard that polar bear thing......Two very cute animals
            sigpic

Comment

And those of us somewhere in between are pandas!

Just waving hello to everyone and saying happy new year.

I also wanted to grovel a bit... those of you on the card list, thank you for your cards. I was really ill before Christmas and wasn't able to get to the post office (i spent over a week off work and was still ill when I went back - and was naff before as well). By the time I was well enough, there was no way you'd have got the cards for Christmas, so although you didn't get Christmas cards, I do have some cards that I'm currently writing that you will all get soon.

Again, I'm really sorry for letting you all down.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                Happy Birthday Spaz!!!

And one minor adjustment to MajorSam's cake

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3...samcopyon6.jpg

Happy Birthday Sam!
                Ah! The orangerator strikes again!

NC

Comment

Ahh Tracy don't worry. It will be fun getting a card later on
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi, yeah so once again it's been like a trillion years, give or take a billion (where or where does the time go?). Also, once again, I don't have the time to catch up on all the posts, but happy new year to everyone and I'm sorry for all the anniversaries, birthdays and landmarks I've missed. Congrats to you all!

On the subject of Amanda, I am thoroughly enjoying Sanctuary! Awesome, awesome show! I am going to sound dis loyal, but my favorite character is actually Henry. I can't help it, he is just very appealing to me. However, Helen is my 2nd fave, followed by Will, Ash and the big guy. I guess John would be next. I actually like Tesla a lot too,
                    Spoiler:
                    even though he is kind of evil (I mean John was at first, but as far as I can tell, he's better).
                    He is a very interesting character, so I hope we see more of him. So, yeah, that is so my favorite show right now!

On another note, I want to get all of your opinions on something because I still care about all of you and when something upsetting happens with me and it concerns Amanda, well I want to talk to you guys about it.

Anyway, ok I watched a vid for Amanda on You Tube and then I left a comment saying I am lucky because I got to meet her and get a hug from her. I said it was the best moment of my life so far. Then this other person left a reply saying "Your life must be pretty crappy if that was the best part". Not only did that hurt my feelings, but it seems very insulting to Amanda to say that getting to meet and hug her was not that great of a thing. I don't know why this person was watching the vid, but they obviously aren't that big of an Amanda fan.

So, I am wondering, is it pathetic to consider something like that the best moment? I don't feel like it is. I haven't gotten married or had kids, or anything like that, but I have had a lot of good experiences. I've done many fun things and have had some great days. However, when I really think about what made me happiest, and what was not only the best day, but the best moment, that was it. I don't care if people think I have a crappy life because of that. They don't know me.

Ok, I'm obviously just venting now. I'm not sure I really have the right to do that on here since I'm never on enough for people to even know me, but I can't help it. I mean if anyone would understand, it would be Amanda fans.

I hope I get a chance to get back on here and see what people say. Whatever the case, I hope you are all well and take care!
                    Last edited by Forestia; 12 January 2009, 02:55 AM.
                    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Forestia View Post
                      Hi, yeah so once again it's been like a trillion years, give or take a billion (where or where does the time go?). Also, once again, I don't have the time to catch up on all the posts, but happy new year to everyone and I'm sorry for all the anniversaries, birthdays and landmarks I've missed. Congrats to you all!

On the subject of Amanda, I am thoroughly enjoying Sanctuary! Awesome, awesome show! I am going to sound dis loyal, but my favorite character is actually Henry. I can't help it, he is just very appealing to me. However, Helen is my 2nd fave, followed by Will, Ash and the big guy. I guess John would be next. I actually like Tesla a lot too,
                      Spoiler:
                      even though he is kind of evil (I mean John was at first, but as far as I can tell, he's better).
                      He is a very interesting character, so I hope we see more of him. So, yeah, that is so my favorite show right now!

On another note, I want to get all of your opinions on something because I still care about all of you and when something upsetting happens with me and it concerns Amanda, well I want to talk to you guys about it.

Anyway, ok I watched a vid for Amanda on You Tube and then I left a comment saying I am lucky because I got to meet her and get a hug from her. I said it was the best moment of my life so far. Then this other person left a reply saying "Your life must be pretty crappy if that was the best part". Not only did that hurt my feelings, but it seems very insulting to Amanda to say that getting to meet and hug her was not that great of a thing. I don't know why this person was watching the vid, but they obviously aren't that big of an Amanda fan.

So, I am wondering, is it pathetic to consider something like that the best moment? I don't feel like it is. I haven't gotten married or had kids, or anything like that, but I have had a lot of good experiences. I've done many fun things and have had some great days. However, when I really think about what made me happiest, and what was not only the best day, but the best moment, that was it. I don't care if people think I have a crappy life because of that. They don't know me.

Ok, I'm obviously just venting now. I'm not sure I really have the right to do that on here since I'm never on enough for people to even know me, but I can't help it. I mean if anyone would understand, it would be Amanda fans.

I hope I get a chance to get back on here and see what people say. Whatever the case, I hope you are all well and take care!
                      No it's not pathetic....I can only dream of meeting someone like Amanda...Don't let these people get to you, they are just bitter and they try to bring others down with them....For a lot of us it's a dream come true to meet our Idols, I dream one day that i'd get a chance to meet mine but I very much doubt i'll get that chance!
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 04 January 2009, 08:43 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        No it's not pathetic....I can only dream of meeting someone like Amanda...Don't let these people get to you, they are just bitter and they try to bring others down with them....For a lot of us it's a dream come true to meet our Idols, I dream one day that i'd get a chance to meet mine but I very much doubt i'll get that chance!
                        Thank you Linda Yeah, I think they are bitter too, or have sad lives, so they have to put others down, like virtual bullies. Because the thing is, if that's how they felt, they didn't have to comment and make me feel bad, they could have kept a rude opinion to themselves.

Well about Amanda being my idol, yeah I guess you could say that. She and Zooey Deschanel are my favorite actors, like period. So, it was a pretty big deal for me. I hope you do get to meet some of your idols one day
                        Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                        Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Thank you Linda Yeah, I think they are bitter too, or have sad lives, so they have to put others down, like virtual bullies. Because the thing is, if that's how they felt, they didn't have to comment and make me feel bad, they could have kept a rude opinion to themselves.

Well about Amanda being my idol, yeah I guess you could say that. She and Zooey Deschanel are my favorite actors, like period. So, it was a pretty big deal for me. I hope you do get to meet some of your idols one day
                          People like that always try to bring others down with them so it's best to just try and ignore them and not give them the satisfaction of knowing they got to you You know what they say, "misery loves company"

I would give almost anything to meet Amanda, Rachel and RDA Who knows, maybe one day
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            even though he is kind of evil (I mean John was at first, but as far as I can tell, he's better)
                            . He is a very interesting character, so I hope we see more of him. So, yeah, that is so my favorite show right now!

Hey, I got 2 hugs in Toronto from her and it still makes me smile...I also went to AT3 and had a great time....so to answer your question...um what was the question again (I'm too distracted thinking about the hugs)
                            Last edited by Skydiver; 04 January 2009, 08:43 AM.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Hey, I got 2 hugs in Toronto from her and it still makes me smile...I also went to AT3 and had a great time....so to answer your question...um what was the question again (I'm too distracted thinking about the hugs)
                              *grumbles* Iz not jealous
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hdaydospaz.jpg
                                Come back Spaz! We miss you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rthdaymsam.jpg
                                (using the birthday database date, not your GW birthdate )

NC
                                Happy Birthday to you both! and yeah come back Spaz!
                                Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                And those of us somewhere in between are pandas!

Just waving hello to everyone and saying happy new year.

I also wanted to grovel a bit... those of you on the card list, thank you for your cards. I was really ill before Christmas and wasn't able to get to the post office (i spent over a week off work and was still ill when I went back - and was naff before as well). By the time I was well enough, there was no way you'd have got the cards for Christmas, so although you didn't get Christmas cards, I do have some cards that I'm currently writing that you will all get soon.

Again, I'm really sorry for letting you all down.
                                ((((((Tracy))))))) you didn't let us down

Forestia definitely not pathetic, when I meet Amanda it was absolutely the best moment of my life ever! I got a hug too! I think people like that are just look for a way to bring other people down, don't worry about them, we all know how special Amanda is. And welcome back

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X