here's a funny fic
    http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/42434.html

making babies

and....just read it.
    Oh man! That's brilliant. It's the science version of "think fast!"
    sigpic
    My Site || My Blog

Comment

I know that you're offline for a while, but I don't want you to think that we forgot you while you're gone.

NC

Comment

I really enjoyed "The Five" and even watched it a second time this weekend. AT has some great Helen moments. There's some humor and also some serious stuff. She had some
        Spoiler:
        great banter with Tesla, but then the horror at what he had done & her courage in the face of his "army" was great. Her telling him off even worked for me--it came off to me as bravado and not some writer trying to be cute.
        I particularly liked
        Spoiler:
        her scene with Ashley-- great. No big weepy, "begging her to understand" scene--much more subtle and I think therefore much more effective. The reaching out of her hand and then Ashley taking it---great stuff. And I loved how that was the last shot.
        As I said on the Sanctuary thread, you know they have a lot more to resolve, but it's a start.
        When you give AT stuff to work with she hits it out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          Thanks parsifal, one more reason why I admire her. I do what I can to be green, the latest of which is giving up my parking space and taking the bus instead of my car to work. The plan will be to walk home most days. No small sacrifice in a land where it is sometimes -40 degrees!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
          I know that you're offline for a while, but I don't want you to think that we forgot you while you're gone.

NC
          Just what I like, cake for breakfast! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACROIX!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Changing the subject a bit, though staying on topic, since it's about Sam. I was watching (yet again) Lost City and New Order yesterday evening, and am continually bothered by the fact that the Asgard named a ship the "Daniel Jackson". Not that they named a ship after Daniel, but that they named one after him instead of Sam.

In my opinion, the ship should have been named the "Samantha Carter" since Sam has done more for the Asgard than anything Daniel ever did. After all, Sam was with Jack when they saved Thor in "Nemesis" and it was Sam's "stupid idea" that saved the Asgard in "Small Victories". I don't recall Daniel ever doing anything specific for the Asgard that would have merited naming a ship after him, when Sam did far more over all those years for the Asgard and only got a thank you from Thor a few times. I'm just curious about this. Just a little thing that's bugged me for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Changing the subject a bit, though staying on topic, since it's about Sam. I was watching (yet again) Lost City and New Order yesterday evening, and am continually bothered by the fact that the Asgard named a ship the "Daniel Jackson". Not that they named a ship after Daniel, but that they named one after him instead of Sam.

In my opinion, the ship should have been named the "Samantha Carter" since Sam has done more for the Asgard than anything Daniel ever did. After all, Sam was with Jack when they saved Thor in "Nemesis" and it was Sam's "stupid idea" that saved the Asgard in "Small Victories". I don't recall Daniel ever doing anything specific for the Asgard that would have merited naming a ship after him, when Sam did far more over all those years for the Asgard and only got a thank you from Thor a few times. I'm just curious about this. Just a little thing that's bugged me for a long time.
              Maybe the O'Neill stood for "Samantha O'Neill"

Comment

ITA. Never made sense to me either. Sam was also instrumental in saving them from the human form replicators when Daniel was ascended. In fact, I think Sam has really had the most extensive relationship with Thor, even more so than Jack. She was with Daniel when they first met and spent more time with him in Nemesis and Small Victories.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  ITA. Never made sense to me either. Sam was also instrumental in saving them from the human form replicators when Daniel was ascended. In fact, I think Sam has really had the most extensive relationship with Thor, even more so than Jack. She was with Daniel when they first met and spent more time with him in Nemesis and Small Victories.
                  My thoughts/observations exactly.

Comment

Yeah that kind of bugged me a bit, but I always assumed that there was a Samantha Carter out there *somewhere* we just never saw her, as you say she's done more for the Asgard than Daniel
                    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

maybe that's because they named their new homeworld Carter???
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yesterday on The Circuit (a Canadian scifi news show) they mentioned the renewal of Sanctuary, showed an interview they did with Robin Dunne a couple of months ago on set and then had Robin in the studio for a chat.

Robin on Amanda: he talked about how amazing she is and that he couldn't ask for a better co-star. He said despite the fact she is a big star, she is so generous and such a team player. The only downside is that they are always laughing and giggling so much that it is hard to make it through a scene.

Comment

Thanks parsifal, one more reason why I admire her. I do what I can to be green, the latest of which is giving up my parking space and taking the bus instead of my car to work. The plan will be to walk home most days. No small sacrifice in a land where it is sometimes -40 degrees!
                          -40! Where the heck do you live woman? Brrrr. How far do you live from work?

I don't feel guilty driving my car anymore. I bought a hybrid last year. So, I use half the gas that I used to use. I can't wait until they get the fuel cell cars or get the electric ones to have a greater range. I'll definitely get one of those.

Yesterday on The Circuit (a Canadian scifi news show) they mentioned the renewal of Sanctuary, showed an interview they did with Robin Dunne a couple of months ago on set and then had Robin in the studio for a chat.

Robin on Amanda: he talked about how amazing she is and that he couldn't ask for a better co-star. He said despite the fact she is a big star, she is so generous and such a team player. The only downside is that they are always laughing and giggling so much that it is hard to make it through a scene.
                          Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Heads up for the samanda Christmas/HOliday card exchange

If you haven't already an if you want to participate, simply e-mail/PM me your mailing address. I'll collect them and then Thanksgiving Weekend (last weekend of the month for the non Yanks among us) I'll e-mail out a list of all the addresses to everyone that signs up.

Your responsibility then is to snail mail every person on that list a holiday card of your choosing. The money involves is relatively minimal...just the cost of the cards and postage (some international) but the fun is getting all these 'foreign' cards in the mail.

If you want to play along, all are welcome. If you don't, no biggie. It's 1000000% voluntary. You addresses will go no where but to others on the list.

Have fun and a great big welcome to anyone that chooses to participate.

To those that have already sent me their addresses, got em
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              -40! Where the heck do you live woman? Brrrr. How far do you live from work?

I don't feel guilty driving my car anymore. I bought a hybrid last year. So, I use half the gas that I used to use. I can't wait until they get the fuel cell cars or get the electric ones to have a greater range. I'll definitely get one of those.

North of the 49th! It's about a 45 minute walk home. On the positive side, it's a dry cold.

My next vehicle will definitely be a hybrid. I've started looking. What kind do you have?

Just to keep it on topic (Sky ) I note that in Sanctuary the vehicle Will was driving was a Prius Hybrid. That ties in well with the PSA Amanda did about being green.

Comment

Hey y'all.

If I have the money I will try to buy a Toyota Prius. A Hybrid. But by the time I saved for my first car I pay myself, I guess (Hope) here in Europe arround 80 % will be Hybrids, ion-battery used cars, other "environment friendly" cars.

Just one question, not to offend anyone but I do think: why do we in Europe work for less CO2 and a better air quality while in the US the companies are "puking" dirty smoke of those pipes (OK some companies here do it too just we try to lessen our CO2 (CO²) emissions.

Also notice: I do type this on the INTERNET (no paper needed) and in green.

See you tomorrow y'all

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X