Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    I agree, let's not speculate about such a crazy rumor; I find it highly unlikely 9having a baby at 40 usually has a protective effect against breast cancer especially since she breast-fed Olivia)
    You know, that makes sense . If she is well, which I hope to God she is, I guess we have Olivia to thank for that

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      I agree, let's not speculate about such a crazy rumor; I find it highly unlikely (having a baby at 40 usually has a protective effect against breast cancer especially since she breast-fed Olivia)
      Really!? Oh my, green for you! You don't know how much that information means to Rocky and I.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        Really!? Oh my, green for you! You don't know how much that information means to Rocky and I.
        And don't forget everyone else .

Comment

Having known similar people, I can tell you that there are thousands of people out there that would do much worse than this and not have second thoughts doing it. If this was organized, multiple people would have posted on Amanda's official site.

(good lord, I hope I'm not going to eat those words )

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            And don't forget everyone else .
            Oh, of course. But I just said us because you said you almost got sick and I've been on the verge of tears for nearly 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              At present, it's just a rumour. There's no source, it's just a rumour. Lots of things like this go round. One celebrity recently had to spend a week CONVINCING people he wasn't dead. These sorts of vicious rumours do the rounds quite a lot. And with a new show being launched, Amanda and the gang are prime targets for sensationalist rumours.

However, if it is true, and it could be, because these rumours are occasionally founded on truth, there is still nothing we can do except support just as we have always done. At the end of the day, we can't wave magic wands and, unless one of us happens to be an oncologist, I'm not sure we can help that much.

Perhaps we should all look back to your post a few posts up and think about Amanda's privacy. If these rumours aren't true, it's very hurtful to see them spread around. If they are true, it can be very hurtful and uncomfortable to see them (and other people being hysterical) before you're able to make an official announcement.
              I just wanted to say - well said.

And I figured it should be repeated.

Comment

Having known similar people, I can tell you that there are thousands of people out there that would do much worse than this and not have second thoughts doing it. If this was organized, multiple people would have posted on Amanda's official site.
                Agreed, many Amanda fans would be posting that all around, it can't be true.

(good lord, I hope I'm not going to eat those words )
                Swallow, swallow .

Oh, of course. But I just said us because you said you almost got sick and I've been on the verge of tears for nearly 2 hours.
                Oh, thanks .

Comment

Little OT: Maybe, 2006-ish I would be clicking, see a scene of Stargate, and be like, "wow, this is kind of stupid." Of course, that was totally uncalled for having not watching a full episode. A friend of a friend online told me that it was actually pretty cool, but I believe I responded with, "Nuh hu, Star Trek is better." BOY, was I ever wrong.

Another friend then told me that I should watch Battlestar Galactica last year. I watched that for a bit and started seeing adverts for SG-1 and Atlantis. I started watching the end of the SG-1 episodes before BSG came on, saw the advert for the last episode, and decided to watch it. Twas hooked ever since.
                  That interesting, since that's kinda how I got into Stargate. At first I just watched BSG (and the Atlantis premiere but stopped after the 3rd episode), and I remember hearing the teaser for season 8's Avatar and thinking that 'Teal'c stuck in a video game' sounded like a very silly idea for a show, so kinda dismissed Stargate as not being worth watching. Plus I had Tea Club Friday nights and didn't want to give that up for a TV show. Clearly I needed to sort out my priorities.

Then around when season 9 started, I found out my boyfriend was a huge Stargate fan and he convinced me to give it a shot. I thought the new episodes were alright, but the season 1-8 reruns hooked me almost immediately, and after seeing Singularity and A Matter of Time I was sold as a Sam fan.

sigpic

Comment

Agreed, many Amanda fans would be posting that all around, it can't be true.
                    Oh, no, sorry. I meant that if the fraking r-tard that did this had any brains, the proper way to falsely report something like that would to be to do so on the person's official site, and get multiple people to do it. Sick, I know. I feel wrong for just knowing how to do it.

Comment

Oh, no, sorry. I meant that if the fraking r-tard that did this had any brains, the proper way to falsely report something like that would to be to do so on the person's official site, and get multiple people to do it. Sick, I know. I feel wrong for just knowing how to do it.
                      Agreed, lets not talk about it anymore, and let that person live in his/her own world . Some people, psst.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        and after seeing Singularity and A Matter of Time I was sold as a Sam fan.
                        I feel almost ashamed to say that I wasn't much of Sam fan until I had the best day of my life (meeting Amanda ). Well, that's not what I want to say. I don't mean I didn't like the character, but I was just a general fan. Pssh, now? I'd probably slap myself if I went a day without thinking of her. Heck, I want to go to England just to see her again (unfortunately: declining US economy = probably not for a couple years ).

Comment

Agreed, lets not talk about it anymore, and let that person live in his/her own world . Some people, psst.

These kind of people get off on being butt heads, and responding to it any further would only make them happier (sick f*** ).

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            people just look where they found the info off That is not a reliable source at all... and the fact that there isn't even a good source should say enough...

Here are some animated icons I made last weekend, I posted them already on the thunk thread but I thought i should post it here too, so maybe would just chill out...

Yes I sneaked Teal'c and Jack in there
                            Aww FUN!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I'm hoping to attend AT7 or 8...and yes I'm hopeful they will still be going for a long time yet!!
                              Heehee sounds like a brilliant plan. It will take me that long to save
                              oopsy daisy..double post
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                                Heehee sounds like a brilliant plan. It will take me that long to save
                                oopsy daisy..double post
                                Third!

PS - I'm going to Wal-Mart on Sunday to get a frame for my [signed] Sanctuary poster, so I'll look for a jar then.

Comment

Working...
                                X