No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never noticed that. I'll have to watch for it next time it's on.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
      Yeah, I watched that the other night too. Forgot about that scene and laughed out loud when I saw the blue jello. I'd forgotten he brought that to her. I thought that was a great scene. There was actually a couple of parfait glasses of blue jello on the table in the background. Nice touch.
      Well, that just goes to show that I see only some things and not others. Parfait glasses of blue jello on the table, you say. I'll have to watch again. I only saw Dr. Lee walk in with the coffee and dish of blue jello, and got stopped right there. Must pay better attention to details like these.

Comment

Yeah, this is cross posted from the S/J thread... but look!

Heh... I have an 9 foot tall banner of Mumble on my living room wall. This makes me insanely happy.

Umm... don't mind me all in my lazy Sunday state/running gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrRKldDuL8g

Heeeee!
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Kiwis....

*giggle*
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I see "The Scourge" is airing today. Some great Sam moments in that episode.
            This is the one episode I have only seen one and a half times... I love the snarky sam stuff but I just can't "watch" it. Now if I could geta copy wihtout the special effects added ( ie minus the pesky bugs) I would be fine.

Becks
            (I don't even like watching antz...)

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
              Kiwis....

*giggle*
              HEY!!!! We're not all as crazy as Eileen.....well......ok, thats debatable....
              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                RoX gave a link that works on the Sanctuary thread......once your there just let it play. Once the first one is finish there is a commercial and then the second one plays.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5823
                Got it!! Thank you Jan!!! I didn't get the commercial though...did I miss anything???
                Originally posted by suse View Post
                Some very nice screencaps from the sanctuary interviews have been posted on the Sam/AT Thunk thread.
                suse
                Thank you suse...I have heaps to catch up there...I have no pics to contribute but will have a quick look around!!
                Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                "Arthur's Mantle" was on SciFi the other evening, and for the first time I noticed something in it. At the beginning, just after Sam and Cam got transferred to another dimension, Dr. Lee comes back into the lab having gone to get coffee. He's got the coffee and a bowl of blue jello. I laughed right out loud when I saw the blue jello. I assume he was bringing it for her, and thought it was really cute and sweet of him to do that.
                I like DR Lee...I can almost picture anyone who works at the SGC to bring or save blue jelly/jello for Sam.. Not all the time mind you...just when she was otherwise preoccupied and needs some prodding to remember to eat!! It's the little things that matter!
                Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                Kiwis....
                *giggle*
                Actually it was penguins!!
                Oh you mean Eileen!! Yeah....Kiwis!!
                Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                HEY!!!! We're not all as crazy as Eileen.....well......ok, thats debatable....
                Oh boy! Where to start on that debate!!!

Just a thought on the topic of Sam showing some emotion or what not...I was watching Company of Thieves this afternoon...I think that scene where Emerson was shot and later when she was brought back to the holding room...very powerful!! And in The Quest when Adria says she's going to start killing members of the team starting with Sam and Daniel shouted: "Alright alright"...the look on Sam's face was awesome!
                So at work today, I was listening to the radio which I don't normally do as it's so noisy that...never mind...anyhoo, a few songs came on that had me thinking of a couple of things.
                First there was "Start Me Up" by the Rolling Stones. I kept thinking about how cool it would have been if Helen had been a groupie and had met the Stones and maybe tried to study Mick Jagger thinking he may have actually been an abnormal!!
                Then "My Mind Set on You" by George Harrison came on and it was kinda like my thoughts on the impending as yet to be given a date trip to AT4.
                Then of course that awesome song "Suddenly I See" by Katie Tunstall...that is such a cool song...it's Amanda!!
                And finally a Queen song came on...they were having a Queen weekend so there were heaps of Queen songs but the one I loved and made me think about Sam was Killer Queen...and I recall reading a fic about it somewhere and it was funny...but I can't find it!! Anyhoo,...that was my Sam/Amanda day today!
                Oh...and the song "Hey there Delilah" came on too and I have my own little shippy version of that song so I was singing the shippy version instead...thank goodness it's so noisy that no one would have heard me!!!
                Well, I'm off again...hope everyone's Sunday was/is wonderful and relaxing. I was awoken by my darling son this morning who had brought me a cappuccino in bed courtesy of darling hubby! I then had to drag my sorry butt out and get to work. Such is life!

Night all, have fun and stay safe!
                (((Samandans)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  first there was "start me up" by the rolling stones. I kept thinking about how cool it would have been if helen had been a groupie and had met the stones and maybe tried to study mick jagger thinking he may have actually been an abnormal!!
                  XD Gold!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                    XD Gold!!!
                    He might be! And after all the <ahem> "stuff" the Stones have done, they might be now.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Random Observation:

Quiet morning!

On topic: What's the snarkiest line you've ever heard from Sam?

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

is it in continuum where she says something along the line of 'and here i thought we couldn't get anymore screwed'

sam in continuum was fun because she was in full snark

Spoiler:
                        especially later in the movie. i think, after they take everything away from her and shut her away from all that was familiar she just doesn't care anymore - at least on the surface - and so doesn't censor herself like she used to
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Random Observation:

Quiet morning!

On topic: What's the snarkiest line you've ever heard from Sam?

suse
                          I always liked Sam's line to Jack, "Welcome to my life" was very funny and snarky given the conversation with Jacob
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            is it in continuum where she says something along the line of 'and here i thought we couldn't get anymore screwed'
                            I think that was in Ark of Truth, when they get surrounded by Ori ships while still fighting the Replicators on the Odyssey.

Sam was quite snarky in Continuum, but I think my favorite is still her "you are an idiot every day of the week' line to Maybourne in Foothold.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

sam in continuum was fun because she was in full snark

Spoiler:
                              especially later in the movie. i think, after they take everything away from her and shut her away from all that was familiar she just doesn't care anymore - at least on the surface - and so doesn't censor herself like she used to
                              Although it was mainly Daniel,I want to say she had one or two when talking to the president.

Comment

here's a cute fic

http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/81235.html#cutid1

teamy and non-shippy

'Respect for the Ritual'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X