Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
    Hehe, I know exactly how you feel.

The Convention is August 21-23, 2009 in Rosemont, Illinois which is right near O'hare Airport. Mu husband just asked me what I was screaming about and when I told him he said, "Well, we gotta go." Of course, he then asked how much. When I told him $389 for the Gold Pass. His eyes widened and he just said, "a piece?" Think I'll let him digest that for awhile. I just can't believe it! Thanks for the Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Morning Samandans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Father's Day!

Hahaha I woke up laughing this morning. My gosh, am in the best mood. Have been giggling at absolutely everything. Was eating breakfast and my egg kind of did this little acrobatic somersault off my toast and I found it hysterical.......strange am I??? It's like I have three-thirty-itis but at 9 o'clock on a Sunday morning.....

Amanda as Sam popped her way into my dream again last night. Sheesh. I really don't know why....It was like the 3rd Stargate movie was being filmed but it wasn't a movie it was real and I was there but no one could see me and Sam had brown hair and her and Jack lived in this old cottage near the sea and Sam was playing with this little white dog and kept jumping over it.
      The end. I woke up. I tried so hard to go back to the dream because I wanted to know what happened in the end........(because it was such a riveting movie hehe).....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edb View Post
        The Convention is August 21-23, 2009 in Rosemont, Illinois which is right near O'hare Airport. Mu husband just asked me what I was screaming about and when I told him he said, "Well, we gotta go." Of course, he then asked how much. When I told him $389 for the Gold Pass. His eyes widened and he just said, "a piece?" Think I'll let him digest that for awhile. I just can't believe it! Thanks for the Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        He'll come around. I mean, it's still a year away. Also, I didn't break it, Calculon did. I just provided the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Calculon View Post
          HEY U GUYS!..............breaking NEWS.......??.

Amanda will be in !!Chicago!! in 2009 at the creation stargate con

YES!! driving distance: 5 hrs from Minnesota

Amanda World Tour 2009: Vancouver, LA, London, Chicago
          Hi there! Thanks for the Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Hear, hear!

I wish Amanda sucess in her new adventure! We can't all stay in the past, she had a great run as Sam and gave us so much enjoyment with the character, but now the show is over, it's time to move on and try to repeat the success she's had with her new endeavour Sanctuary!

Amanda, you go girl!
            i totally agree - APPLAUDS AMANDA - but i'm not about to let go of sam carter anytime soon. i'm hoping for more sam in future atlantis. i'm seriously hoping for more sam in future sg1 movies. i couldn't watch an sg1 movie without sam...

so MORE helen magnus!!

and MORE sam carter!!

but more than anything, MORE amanda tapping!!

~disclaimer: amanda tapping's head isn't really that small~

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm looking at the new fall preview issue of the tv guide, looking for sanctuary tidbits. now, i haven't looked through the entire magazine (just the part that covers cable tv), but here's what it says about sanctuary:

sanctuary (premiers friday, 10/3, 9/8c, sci fi)
              stargate's amanda tapping plays an immortal doctor who protects nature's abnormal creatures in her secret lair.

i hope there's more in the tv guide than that , but it's better than being ignored.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i'm looking at the new fall preview issue of the tv guide, looking for sanctuary tidbits. now, i haven't looked through the entire magazine (just the part that covers cable tv), but here's what it says about sanctuary:

sanctuary (premiers friday, 10/3, 9/8c, sci fi)
                stargate's amanda tapping plays an immortal doctor who protects nature's abnormal creatures in her secret lair.

i hope there's more in the tv guide than that , but it's better than being ignored.

sally
                Well, I remember them having a bit about it earlier in the summer when they did a Sci-Fi preview.

I am getting excited about it though...and we get a TWO hour premiere!

Comment

where are you getting the little Helen smilies?? Someone needs to make a bigfoot one. Now that would be funny!
                  sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                  Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                    where are you getting the little Helen smilies?? Someone needs to make a bigfoot one. Now that would be funny!
                    i can't remember who made these two - - but you're free to use them yourself. just save them to your computer and upload them to photo bucket or imageshack.

sally

sigpic

Comment

i can't remember who made these two - http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5...unanim1ke2.gif http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1...gnusanifj5.gif - but you're free to use them yourself. just save them to your computer and upload them to photo bucket or imageshack.

Wasn't it Scari?? Well I think she did...I was going to post some more she made but imageshack isn't co-operating.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's a little something Sam might like, or might have supervised.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/videos/cassini/cassini20080814/
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Now that I have GIMP, yeah, I should. Thanks for the suggestion.
                          You're welcome, anything with Amanda in it should be art.

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          Hi!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have no idea what's going on in the world, since I'm cut off from the net right now. So sad!

Just swung by amandatapping.com and saw the new pics and interviews (well, new for me) - I'm so grateful, I was suffering massive AT withdrawal. Symptoms include nausea, dizziness and sneaky late night DVD viewing. BTW, I love the new welcome page. Amanda has such pretty handwriting!

Anyways, I'm stealing these few minutes on my friends laptop so that's all I have time for....I HEART SAMANDA! Don't know when I'll be back online, so everyone be happy and have fun!
                          Hi Charlie, it's good to have you back , I hope to see you around more often soon . And I agree, I'm glad the AT.com welcome page has Amanda's actual writing on it too. Btw, I know darn well how hard AT withdrawal can be, I once had the same symptoms as you did, and more . It was soooooooo hard, but I just can't help it, I'm an Amandaholic , And there's no cure for that.

I also have Tapping itis and Tappination syndrome, and there's no cure for those either . You couldn't cure me either, my conditions are too strong, you'd have an easier time trying to cure the Cookie Monster

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                          She rocks very much. And as a devoted fan of Amanda's, I would never post that I hope her new venture bombs, whether or not I liked it. So back we are, again, to the same SS negative vibes. Therefore, I shall post this as a reminder of why we are here:

Spoiler:

And I will ask that negative talk be taken to a an anti thread. Please leave those of us who wish to honor and respect the actress to our safe space.

Thank you.
                          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Hear, hear!

I wish Amanda sucess in her new adventure! We can't all stay in the past, she had a great run as Sam and gave us so much enjoyment with the character, but now the show is over, it's time to move on and try to repeat the success she's had with her new endeavour Sanctuary!

Amanda, you go girl!
                          Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                          I hope Sanctuary is an unqualified hit, I expect it to do brilliantly. But hit or not, I think it was time for Amanda to move on, indeed time for the SG1 franchise to move to pastures new. And we know they will bend over backwards to get The Big Four back for the next film. They only take two, three weeks to record the films, it shouldn't be that difficult.

FF
                          Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                          sweetie, Sanctuary is effing BRILLANT if you havn't seen the webesodes by now....
                          I'll watch!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Here! Here! I completely agree.

Amanda will rock in Sanctuary!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          Well said you guys, very well said . I agree 100%, this is a place to come and talk about Amanda in fun, nice, respectful and positive ways, not to talk about hoping something of hers bombs .

I also hope just as much as them, and everyone here that Sanctuary is a hit and that it gets the attention, respect, recognition and success it deserves. We all know it's good, I mean it was a big hit on the net, and Sci-fi saw that, and brought it to TV, so it wouldn't be on TV or with Sci-fi if it wasn't good. I wish Amanda all the very best of luck and success with the show, and I hope she gets nothing but great things for her and I hope she enjoys every minute of it . And as for Sanctuary being a hit, read these 2 pages, and you'll see what I mean -

Sanctuary Thread, Page 276

Baltimore Orioles @ Tampa Bay Rays

I don't know why, but I put a smile on from ear to ear when I saw that pic. I guess that's just one of Amanda's many effects on me.
                          Yeah, she has that effect on me too, but trust me, she was way more effects on me . BIG TIME!!!

I made this. None of you kill me for it!
                          http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...earrings-1.jpg
                          SAM IS MY FAVORITE SG-1 CHARACTER!!!
                          Great Amanda pic Albino, I have the pic saved on my lap-top and it's title is similar to that *thumbs up*. Btw, unless you or anyone didn't know, Sam's my favorite character too .

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                          Sanctuary is already a hit, in my mind. I adored the webisodes, and I'm sure I'll love the show.

In which I get brutally honest:
                          Spoiler:
                          I can't take this person's opinion with more than a grain of salt as he was also the one to have "CONTINUUM SUX!" in his signature, long before the movie came out. So one, he's bad for business and downloads illegally, and two, his taste is in his feet. I happen to love the movie and thought it was terrific.

ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER. On the big screen. Not my computer screen...illegally. Sheesh. SOME people.

But...enough of that...
                          Oh I so agree LilFerret,
                          Spoiler:
                          I can't stand it either when someone goes around trying to bash good people's work. I mean, in my co-op class, some girls in there from my med class, bash our med teacher for being "too hard" and saving that we're back in school because of her, and I hate that. I'm like "Why do you hate her? Because she made you do a little bit of work?" I happen to like my teacher, she taught me a lot, and she said I was one of her best students , in fact, my co-op teacher told me she gave me great reviews from my med class.

I can't stand people who bash, hate and spam for no reason, and I definitely can't stand it when they do it to Amanda. You're right LilFerret, Sheesh, SOME people.

Well enough of that *wink*

Falcon, I love that picture because she appears to be looking straight at my camera, and it's such a sweet smile. Even though I was 8 rows back and doubt, somehow, she was looking at the camera...

But I love it all the same.
                          I love that pic too LilFerret, she loos so beautiful and her smile looks so bright. I'm glad you sent that pic to leno along with your letter. Maybe if she is on the show, Jay can see how beautiful she is first hand *Wink wink*.

(To be continued)

Comment

Amanda going to Chicago

Originally posted by Calculon View Post
                            HEY U GUYS!..............breaking NEWS.......??.

Amanda will be in !!Chicago!! in 2009 at the creation stargate con

YES!! driving distance: 5 hrs from Minnesota

Amanda World Tour 2009: Vancouver, LA, London, Chicago
                            *sigh*

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm

EDIT

That's weird, why do you have to pay for her photo AND autograph?
                            Originally posted by Edb View Post
                            OMG.............OMG..................OMG..........................

I live just 3 hours away from Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I can't breathe.....................air, someone, just give me air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I have family who live within a 45 minute drive of downtown Chicago!!! I forgot to look to see where in Chicago. YIKES....YIKES......YIKES
                            Alright, that's great news, I can't wait to see all the awesome pics . I wonder if she'll be blonde by then or still brunette. Either way she's still our Amanda .

i totally agree - APPLAUDS AMANDA - but i'm not about to let go of sam carter anytime soon. i'm hoping for more sam in future atlantis. i'm seriously hoping for more sam in future sg1 movies. i couldn't watch an sg1 movie without sam...

so MORE helen magnus!!

and MORE sam carter!!

but more than anything, MORE amanda tapping!!

~disclaimer: amanda tapping's head isn't really that small~

sally
                            Very, very well said Sally . I'm not ready to let go of Sam anytime soon either, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from it actually . I know there's like a 99% chance Amanda will be in the next SG-1 movie, Amanda even said she'd do it, but like you, I don't think I'd be able to watch another SG-1 movie was Sam . Just like I haven't been able to watch S5 of Atlantis .

And yeah, more Sam , more Helen , and BEST of all, more Amanda is always great to have . btw, where'd you get this Amanda smile? Her head is so tiny .

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                              Here's a little something Sam might like, or might have supervised.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/videos/cassini/cassini20080814/
                              It looks and and sounds great, but I'm not sure if Sam would have time to supervised that. After all, she's probably still busy supervising the "Moon base" with jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                You're welcome, anything with Amanda in it should be art.
                                hear hear!!

Great Amanda pic Albino, I have the pic saved on my lap-top and it's title is similar to that *thumbs up*. Btw, unless you or anyone didn't know, Sam's my favorite character too
                                Glad you like it!

One quote that she said has kinda stayed with me: "I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle."

amen girl, amen!!!!
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X