Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post

Yes. Severely....should be able to see the marks.....specially if its anything to do with Amanda.....DO NOT DOWNLOAD AT STUFF......cause i said so.......(to Bekah) "You think it worked?"
    *growls* probably not, but it was worth a try

Just saw "Whispers"

Oooooo!
    Spoiler:

Scary stuff! It's a good thing this kind of stuff doesn't give me nightmares anymore.

I loved the all girl team! Ha! It was awesome, though I think the Sgt chick was a little OTT. I liked the team leader and I liked Porter, cuz she was as chicken as I would be! It will be fun to see them again. But I thought Vega was going to be part of the thing now. She was just a redshirt.

Overall, the ep looked like it should have been saved for the week of halloween. Not real sure what the point was with the exception of introducing the new girls. Maybe it was a springboard for upcoming stuff.

sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      I don't know about you, but I kinda like when Amanda gives off the "mean look", she looks tough, and hot , like from this pic which I believe was taken by Tracy or LilFerret at AT2 and a pic of Sam-

Spoiler:

Mm, yes, good point Rocky. She's so good at looking approachable and nice when she should, but brings out that iron core for people who won't respond to "nice". And definitely a good look for her, too, no denying it.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        Mm, yes, good point Rocky. She's so good at looking approachable and nice when she should, but brings out that iron core for people who won't respond to "nice". And definitely a good look for her, too, no denying it.
        Well said . Amanda can and usually is the nicest, sweetest, down to earth etc, etc, etc, person around, I mean just ask anyone who's met her. but when she has to, she can mess you up real bad . I'd hate to see what she does to her husband when he steps out of line .

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Ooooh! I converted one!

I showed my friend (who has never watched scifi and never planned to) Continuum. She asked a lot of questions and now she wants to start from the beginning with my dvds. Heee! We have decided that she will watch them at my place rather than borrow them because she will have tonnes of questions since it's her first scifi ever. Heee!

Her name is Sam, so whenever I have mentioned Sam Carter in the past her ears have perked up at the name. She thinks Sam is cool! Yay!

She also thinks Daniel is pretty.

Oh, and at the start? "T! That's Teal isn't it? It's Teal!"

Teal'c, Sam. It's Teal'c.
          Good job *Hands over some blue jello* I think you deserve this

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Daniel is very pretty.
          That he is

Well said . Amanda can and usually is the nicest, sweetest, down to earth etc, etc, etc, person around, I mean just ask anyone who's met her. but when she has to, she can mess you up real bad . I'd hate to see what she does to her husband when he steps out of line .
          LOL
          sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Ooooh! I converted one!

I showed my friend (who has never watched scifi and never planned to) Continuum. She asked a lot of questions and now she wants to start from the beginning with my dvds. Heee! We have decided that she will watch them at my place rather than borrow them because she will have tonnes of questions since it's her first scifi ever. Heee!

Her name is Sam, so whenever I have mentioned Sam Carter in the past her ears have perked up at the name. She thinks Sam is cool! Yay!

She also thinks Daniel is pretty.

Oh, and at the start? "T! That's Teal isn't it? It's Teal!"

Teal'c, Sam. It's Teal'c.
            LOL, good job!

My sister is a huge BSG fan and didn't think much of Stargate, but I eventually converted her when Sci-fi was showing the Stargate mini-marathons on Mondays. I've gotten her excited about Sanctuary too.

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
            Just saw "Whispers"

Oooooo!
            Spoiler:

Scary stuff! It's a good thing this kind of stuff doesn't give me nightmares anymore.

I loved the all girl team! Ha! It was awesome, though I think the Sgt chick was a little OTT. I liked the team leader and I liked Porter, cuz she was as chicken as I would be! It will be fun to see them again. But I thought Vega was going to be part of the thing now. She was just a redshirt.

Overall, the ep looked like it should have been saved for the week of halloween. Not real sure what the point was with the exception of introducing the new girls. Maybe it was a springboard for upcoming stuff.

Spoiler:
            Yeah, the all-female team was great. I liked that they were just as competent as any of the other teams, no real 'damsel-in-distress' moments. I really liked Porter and Teldy.

I think the episode was just suppose to be a standalone, and maybe to see which one of the team to bring back in a later episode.

sigpic

Comment

I'd hate to see what she does to her husband when he steps out of line .
              Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
              LOL
              Glad you agree, but yeah, who knows what happens when he *does* step out of line or say the wrong thing?

Alan (her husband) : Amanda, I think Olivia's getting too old to sleep with her Carter doll and keep all this Carter stuff in her room. We should take some of this stuff out and put in some Vala stuff for her to play with.

Amanda's reaction: - -

5 minutes later

: O...okay.

(Amanda reads Olivia an SG-1 storybook to bed)

Comment

Hey I never said I agreed, Just the thought was funny....
                A VALA DOLL!!!!! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!!!!
                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Rocky, please stop talking about Olivia all the time.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                    it's not just her hand, either. That entire poster is awful. Amanda looks like a Vulcan, Christopher H looks like he's on speed, Ashley looks like a drag queen and Will, well, okay Will looks alright. But all of them look sooooooo much better in real pics that haven't been photoshopped to such a ridiculous degree. What are these people thinking?
                    Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    I hadn't thought of her being a Vulcan--but now that you mention it...
                    Amanda definitely doesn't look like herself and I don't just mean she's in character...she looks alien--Helenvok? T'Magnus?
                    I agree. That poster is just wrong in oh so many ways.
                    Bek...oh boy...you totally got it right.
                    But even Robin (Will) looks wrong...he looks like a chicken or something.
                    Surely someone can do something about that? Did no one approve the poster before it went to print?
                    Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                    Best bit from the article in the SciFi mag that Rocky shared:
                    I know we all have ALWAYS known how extremely talented and electrifying Amanda is...it's about darn time some one else has! Thanks for sharing that Rocky.
                    Hey, can Amanda help it if she's got more talent in her little finger than some actors?
                    I loved that same part too. I misread it at first then when I went back and re read it I thought...oh yeah!!!

Very quiet here so I will go make hubby a cup of tea and me a cup of coffee now that he has returned from work!! Night all, take care and have fun!!!
                    (((Samandans)))
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Space Channel has a video link that includes Amanda Tapping discussing the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis:

(Video runs approximately 2 mins 17 secs).

Stargate Atlantis cancellation, New Stargate show, plus more...

Mini-interviews with: David Hewlett, Joseph Mallozzi, Amanda Tapping, Joe Flanigan, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Robert Picardo and Brad Wright. Plus, several clips of behind the scenes filming on SGA sets.

Some screen prints:

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

thanks for the link, Ohw so sad
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Just a quick note.... Baileys is most definitely stocked in the Samandan bar (when I was about 17, my party trick was to down a pint of cheap imitation irish creme..... no-one thought it was possible. I might add that it shouldn't be!). We also carry a selection of wines - French, Australian, Californian, African and Spanish. I considered carrying a couple of German wines, but they tend to be too sweet for your average drinker.

On a more Amanda related note... is it me or is her goofy/cheeky/sarcastic humour coming across more in recent interviews? There are some amazing moments where the digs are so subtle that the interviewer (And casual readers) seem to be taking the response seriously and I'm just sat killing myself laughing.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I agree. That poster is just wrong in oh so many ways.
                            Bek...oh boy...you totally got it right.
                            But even Robin (Will) looks wrong...he looks like a chicken or something.
                            Surely someone can do something about that? Did no one approve the poster before it went to print?
                            BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH..........HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
                            Oh Chelle, that's exactly what he looks like!!! Hahahah reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn's son.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I didn't really notice the posters flaws until people started pointing them out, I was just really excited there is one . But this poster (which belongs to Falcon 304) looks a little bit more real and cool
                              Wow that poster is a thousand times better. Everything about it screams betterness heh
                              sigpic

Comment

Well said . Amanda can and usually is the nicest, sweetest, down to earth etc, etc, etc, person around, I mean just ask anyone who's met her.

Last edited by Falcon 304; 18 September 2008, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X