Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    Maybe it was because AT is Canadian while RDA's American?

I seem to remember her mentioning in an interview that she got to participate in some kind of Air Force ceremony recently, so hopefully they at least somewhat appreciate what a fantastic job she's done portraying a highly respected and capable Air Force officer.
    Whether Canadian or American, Amanda portrayed a U.S. Air Force officer and portrayed it well. That alone should get recognition even if she's not a U.S. citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
      Spoiler:
      well
      Spoiler:
      Rocky
      Spoiler:
      seeing as I might have lost all my (1000+) Amanda Photos its a little hard....Mum specially saved the digital camera pics....so...had those...
      I'm not trying to be mean, but when you get your computer back in order ... or a new one ... ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS back up ... whether on CD/DVDs or an external hard drive, so if something happens to one you'll still have the other.

But you probably already know this ...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Whether Canadian or American, Amanda portrayed a U.S. Air Force officer and portrayed it well. That alone should get recognition even if she's not a U.S. citizen.
        Yeah, but maybe some commendations are available for US citizens only

Comment

I'm not trying to be mean, but when you get your computer back in order ... or a new one ... ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS back up ... whether on CD/DVDs or an external hard drive, so if something happens to one you'll still have the other.

But you probably already know this ...
          She does now!

My external harddrive failed twice and I have no idea why. The first time was about two weeks after I bought it so there wasn't much on it.
          It failed the second time a couple of weeks ago.
          There was a lot of stuff on it but the files I didn't have a back-up of weren't important.

I find that one tends to save a lot of junk just because harddisks are so big nowadays.

BTT, I seem to remember a scene where the SGC went completely dark or had a power out because of - I think - one of Sam's experiments.

Does that ring a bell with anyone? What episode is it from?

Comment

Off to Seattle for a week... (((Samandas))) bye!
            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
              She does now!

My external harddrive failed twice and I have no idea why. The first time was about two weeks after I bought it so there wasn't much on it.
              There was a lot of stuff on it but the files I didn't have a back-up of weren't important.

I find that one tends to save a lot of junk just because harddisks are so big nowadays.

BTT, I seem to remember a scene where the SGC went completely dark or had a power out because of - I think - one of Sam's experiments.

The base lost power because of one of Felger's experiments in Avenger 2.0. Hammond had been typing and lost his report and got really mad. He should have had a backup!
              sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
              Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

She does now!

That also happened in Learning Curve, when she finally made the naquada generator to work.
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                  Yeah, but maybe some commendations are available for US citizens only
                  Yes, I guess the U.S. Air Force can't give a Canadian citizen an honorary Brigadier General title. Isn't that what they gave RDA? That was quite an honor.

Comment

She does now!

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                    The base lost power because of one of Felger's experiments in Avenger 2.0. Hammond had been typing and lost his report and got really mad. He should have had a backup!
                    Yes, yes, that's it! Thank you so much! I know that they used several different shots to show that the whole base had a power out.
                    One of the shots had Hammond in it.
                    Off to watch Avenger 2.0 now!

Comment

We have this wetland area near to my house with pathways to walk or ride your bike on. So I went wandering around there today for an hour. I've never explored some of the narrower pathways because they tend to be wetter and bushier. But I did today.

Memo to me: Variety is not the spice of life.
                      I did not walk into a batch of stinging nettles.
                      I do not have red tendrils snaking my waist and arm.
                      I do not smell of anti-septic.

As for
                      Spoiler:
                      the sekrit project
                      Spoiler:
                      I think it's really difficult to make it perfect. It's not natural to talk to into a microphone, essentially to yourself, and not when you know you have 45 seconds. I admit to it taking me a while - trying to un-dork my voice was a challenge. But I guess at the end of the day the message wasn't really about how I sounded, but to wish Amanda all the best. I included a picture of Annelies and me from AT3, it made sense as we're both travelling to Vancouver together next year, but also because I think the picture represents 2 people who, if it weren't for stargate or Amanda, would never have met.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        We have this wetland area near to my house with pathways to walk or ride your bike on. So I went wandering around there today for an hour. I've never explored some of the narrower pathways because they tend to be wetter and bushier. But I did today.

Memo to me: Variety is not the spice of life.
                        I did not walk into a batch of stinging nettles.
                        I do not have red tendrils snaking my waist and arm.
                        I do not smell of anti-septic.

As for
                        Spoiler:
                        the sekrit project
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it's really difficult to make it perfect. It's not natural to talk to into a microphone, essentially to yourself, and not when you know you have 45 seconds. I admit to it taking me a while - trying to un-dork my voice was a challenge. But I guess at the end of the day the message wasn't really about how I sounded, but to wish Amanda all the best. I included a picture of Annelies and me from AT3, it made sense as we're both travelling to Vancouver together next year, but also because I think the picture represents 2 people who, if it weren't for stargate or Amanda, would never have met.

Did you leave out the part where - if it weren't for your helmet - things could have gotten *really* ugly?

Comment

Did you leave out the part where - if it weren't for your helmet - things could have gotten *really* ugly?
                          *pokes Fresh_Horse with a stick*

But yes.
                          sigpic

Comment

She does now!

OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            Check out "flash drives" at your computer store or Office Depot or Circuit City. They're so small they look like a cigarette lighter, but hold anywhere from 2 gigabytes of stuff to 10G to 20G and more ... in other words, they can hold a humongous amount of stuff, and they take almost no time to back up material to. The less the number of gigabytes, the less the cost, but I'd check them out anyway. Some businesses are starting to use them to back up important stuff. My brother has one for his home computer. And he works at Microsoft, so he has one for important stuff on his computer there, too. I just bought one that has room for 2G, and it only cost $20 at Office Depot. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

As for
                              Spoiler:
                              the sekrit project
                              Spoiler:

You didn't actually say anything deep like that did you?? Lol, I didn't.

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                              Dude
                              Spoiler:
                              what's with
                              Spoiler:
                              all the
                              Spoiler:
                              spoiler
                              Spoiler:
                              buttons
                              Spoiler:
                              ?
                              Spoiler:
                              Because ....
                              Spoiler:
                              we're talking about the super sekrit
                              Spoiler:
                              Amanda project
                              Spoiler:
                              Not that spoilers will help keeping it more secret. If Sky were here she would've snipped us all me thinks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I guess the U.S. Air Force can't give a Canadian citizen an honorary Brigadier General title. Isn't that what they gave RDA? That was quite an honor.
                                Yeah I'm glad they honord RDA he deserved it. As for Amanda? Why not? I mean why is it that US citizens ONLY can get an Oscar. And I do mean the general catagories not "best Foreign film" or something. Here in Belgium people will be always more impressed with somebody who won an Oscar than a (Canadian equalivent was a Gemini right?). But why US people only?

Oh spoiler for 5x19 Vegas which I think is funny from a certain point of view. Phrases used from the Gateworld article.

Spoiler:
                                Elsewhere, in a cheap motel, a very ill, middle-aged businessman throws up. To make life worse, his neighbor is blaring heavy metal music. The man collects himself and goes over to pound on the door. He's shocked by what he sees when the door opens. A Wraith hand reaches out to feed.

Never tought the Wraith listend to music, and certainly not this one. If I may add a track Metallica - the unnamed feeling

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X