Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    I did get her to sing Saturday Night during the auction at AT2.
    Really? cool, what did she sing? I bet she was great
    --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      I did get her to sing Saturday Night during the auction at AT2.
      Yeah I think I heard about that, unfortunately I missed most of AT2, what did Amanda sing again? I forget.

And I think Sam is most comfortable in her BDUs and boots, with her P90 in her hand.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
        http://69.13.69.143/episodes7/0708/images/003.jpg
        Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        ...it's just that's Sam for me, in her BDU's, with her P-90, ready to kick butt.
        I agree Sam is Sam in her BDUs with the P-90. I like the space race leathers, but I also like the clothes she wore to O'Malleys in Upgrades. Sorry, I don't have a photo, can anybody help out with one?

Go Sam

Comment

I like Sam best in the girl next door look, jeans and a nice shirt. But ... the other day I was looking for caps for Chimera (we've been talking about it on the ship thread, so I was in an icon mood) and she looks soo nice in that ep.

Little spam (from the GW image gallery):

Spoiler:

That McDonals documentary supersize me, is on now. Interesting I've heard about it, but hadn't seen it yet.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
            I seem to remember people at AT3 taking pics of your cleavage.
            Hard to imagine the scrawny geeky teenager.

Ooooh boy.
            Next time I'm wearing baggy pants and a collar that touches my chin.

"Truuuulllleee scrumptious. You're well and truly scrumptious."

Whenever I hear that song or watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, it reminds me of Amanda.
            sigpic

Comment

We've seen a bunch of styles over the years, but this has got to be none of my faves:

http://69.13.69.143/episodes7/0708/images/003.jpg

it was just such a different look for her, but it looked great

I think Amanda can rock black as both a brunette and blonde. The dresses she wears are just amazing, i love her style.
              LOVE this look. That's what Sam looks like on weekends.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Yeah I think I heard about that, unfortunately I missed most of AT2, what did Amanda sing again? I forget.

And I think Sam is most comfortable in her BDUs and boots, with her P90 in her hand.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              She had made a comment about the Bay City Rollers in answer to a question earlier in the day. So, when they decided that they would make Amanda sing while they passed around the bucket to collect funds for Hearing Dogs, she asked the crowd what she should sing. And I yelled out "Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers" and she said "OK."

I know I loved the Rollers when I was younger but there is no way I could sing one of their songs from memory without hearing it again (once you hear the opening bars it comes back ). She just jumped right in, melody and words. The woman's memory just boggles my mind.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 18 August 2008, 12:46 PM.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                I like Sam best in the girl next door look, jeans and a nice shirt. But ... the other day I was looking for caps for Chimera (we've been talking about it on the ship thread, so I was in an icon mood) and she looks soo nice in that ep.

Little spam (from the GW image gallery):

Hmmm, I don't know, that last pic doesn't really shows her clothes

Ooooh boy.
                Next time I'm wearing baggy pants and a collar that touches my chin.
                Ah ((PengYn)), that was a beautiful dress, even Amanda said she liked it

and perhaps it was just by accident your cleavage ended up all over the net
                Last edited by Mandysg1; 18 August 2008, 12:52 PM.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Please, remove the IMG tags when you quote pictures, or i'll be forced to delete your posts.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

me too though I have the west end version. I think my entire street has heard me belting "Don't go wasting your emotion, lay all your love on meeeee".
                    Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day.

Is it weird that I actually like the green BDU's? Or I like it when she's half BDU'd, when you can see the black shirt. I know I'm not being very glamourous here and bordering on boring but I was this scrawny geeky teenager and when I met Sam I was like "She. Is. Cool." I think because I wasn't like that, I loved watching someone who was. Does that even make sense? And even though I think as growing up and watching Sam became less about "Ooh I wanna be her" and more about "what a fantastic rolemodel this character is for women", I still can find myself sitting here going "Man she's just... cool." Of course it's always lovely to see her with her hair down... it's just that's Sam for me, in her BDU's, with her P-90, ready to kick butt.
                    Well, then I'll join you in weirdness. I think she looks cool in BDUs too (and I was/am geeky, but no teenager ). As for civilian clothes I like her jeans & sweaters type outfits. they seem so comfortable. Don't like the twin set/skirt combos.

ETA: and I second the request for a pic of the Upgrades/O'Malley's picture. That was a cool outfit right down to the boots.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day.
                      This is how I plan to take over the world

ETA: and I second the request for a pic of the Upgrades/O'Malley's picture. That was a cool outfit right down to the boots.
                      How 'bout a threesome?

This is the only one I have in my PB, though I'm sure someone else will get cooler ones from the gallery.

Goodnight beautiful ones!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey I updated my profile PICTURES OF MY TRIP TO NORMANDY are in my first album.
                        Speaking of a first album, I accidently made 2 albums, cause I saw I made a typing error. How can I delete that other album?

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

You can enlarge 'em by clicking on 'em. If you know how to delete that other album, PM me. Or else it's a big flaw on my profile

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                            Hee.....yes......Australia kicked Canada's lil bums!
                            Not a fair contest, there was no ice!

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Good afternoon everybody! How are we all today? Well I hope.

Just did my usual Google of Amanda and I've just come across this Q&A with her that I think might appear in the Guardian newspaper here in the UK. This is also slightly OT because there's absolutely no mention of Stargate SG-1 or Stargate: Atlantis but there is a brief reminder after the Q&A telling us that Stargate: Continuum is out on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday (like we needed to be told *that*). Still...the Q&A is a nice little insight on Amanda's thoughts on tech. Enjoy!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...amanda.tapping
                            Thanks. I actually have something in common with AT. I am a fellow luddite!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            I agree Sam is Sam in her BDUs with the P-90. I like the space race leathers, but I also like the clothes she wore to O'Malleys in Upgrades. Sorry, I don't have a photo, can anybody help out with one?

Go Sam
                            I loved the O'Malley's outfit. I think Sam's clothes got better after the first couple of seasons.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Amanda Looks gorgous as usual in that dress

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Talking of AT's clothes, what about Sam's clothes? We've seen quite a variety of things over the years from jeans to skirts to glam clothes.

What outfits do you like Sam in best?

How do you think Sam is most comfortable dressing?
                              The leather
                              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

I think what sam wears depends on her mood.

In the early seasons, we saw her dressing rather conservatively, long sleeved shirt over a t-shirt and jeans. Then later we see her dressing more trendy with florals and patterns.

I think, early sam, tried to fit in and - while she didn't deny her gender, didn't exactly pull it into focus, but now, as she's more comfortable with who she is, isn't afraid to dress 'girly'

I think fashion is wasted on her, she goes for what feels and looks good
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X