Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    I love fish...could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner...but hubby likes variety...go figure!!!
    I love Atlantic salmon...with a nice fresh tossed salad...or steamed vegies...mmmmmm....fish...*drools over keyboard*
    The best donuts are the hot jam variety...can't stand Krispy Kremes...and I like pineapple donuts.
    What are pineapple donuts?? Is this a Victorian thing?
    Agree about fish! Grilled whiting with poached eggs for breakfast is so scrumptious!!! *saliva dripping off mouth*
    Mmmm Atlantic salmon....with the skin all crispy.....and the inside is all soft and melts away in your mouth. Oh gees!! Thanks Chelle!
    sigpic

Comment

I can't say that order makes any sense to me. And not just because AT's at #27, either! None of it makes much sense. They also didn't pick the most flattering picture of AT. I mean, it's great and all, but if the others are going to be half-naked (or entirely naked)... Oh well, twas fun anyway. I wonder if Sanctuary counts as a "time travel mystery show"? Guess they didn't do their research when it comes to "what we want her to do next". At least they got Scully right!
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

I
        The best donuts are the hot jam variety...can't stand Krispy Kremes...and I like pineapple donuts.
        Lunch on Sanctuary...hmmm...I'm thinking probably something simple...like club sandwiches and a small variety of salads and hot foods such as lasagne and the like...and lots of coffee!!!!
        Sky, Mandy's being evil and now chelle's helping her!

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
        I can't say that order makes any sense to me. And not just because AT's at #27, either! None of it makes much sense. They also didn't pick the most flattering picture of AT. I mean, it's great and all, but if the others are going to be half-naked (or entirely naked)... Oh well, twas fun anyway. I wonder if Sanctuary counts as a "time travel mystery show"? Guess they didn't do their research when it comes to "what we want her to do next".
        Yeah, I didn't get the order either. But at least they said nice things about her. I wonder if they did the story a while ago before Sanctuary got picked up (and just published it now) or if they didn't do their research.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          That's some great stuff, and I'm like that too, it's like love at first sight everytime I see her . But she should be #1. But she's #1 in our and my book .
          I read through that list and couldn't believe where AT landed. I thought she should at least be in the Top 10. And was I imagining it, but were there some cartoon characters in that list? It certainly looked like it.

Comment

...uh oh...you said the "B" word!!!! hehehe!!
            Brains is suck a giggle worthy word...
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I read through that list and couldn't believe where AT landed. I thought she should at least be in the Top 10. And was I imagining it, but were there some cartoon characters in that list? It certainly looked like it.
              I noticed that...now I appreciate that a cartoon character may be an awesome female character...but they're not a real woman. I couldn't believe how many I hadn't heard of either *shakes head*
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Trust the Canadian to pull out the donuts.

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                SG1 - UGO: Salute to the Women of SciFi :

From UGO:

http://www.ugo.com/movies/top-50-hottest-sci-fi-girls/

Salute to the Women of SciFi

Extra-terrestrials, supersonic spaceships, futuristic robots, cloning experiments: these technological ideas and intelligents beings all pale in comparison to the skimpy sci-fi costume. To celebrate the hottest sci-fi girls of all time, we've collected the most interesting and influential specimens from this side of the galaxy and tried our best to rank them based on character, movie and overall hottiness. Yes, some ladies didn't make the cut (we miss you Orion Slave Girl), but we think you'll appreciate the balance of new, old and quirky. Just remember, hot isn't only about the way they fill out their spacesuit (though it certainly helps!). So without any more dilly-dallying, come check out the Top 50 Hottest Sci-Fi Girls of All-Time!

Making the list of the Top 50 are:

NUMBER: #27

ACTRESS: Amanda Tapping

CHARACTER: Samantha Carter (Stargate SG-1)

WHAT MAKES HER HOT: We love hot scientists; the more Ph.Ds the better, so when the Stargate crew brought on Amanda Tapping's Samantha Carter, we were stoked. First, we had brains, LOTS of 'em, and then once comfortable with that fact, we settled back and enjoyed her cute, spunky looks. Considering she's been doing this for over 10 years now, she's got the routine down to a science, but everytime we see her, we still feel like it's love at first sight all over again.

WHAT WE WANT HER TO DO NEXT: Something other than Stargate. We love Carter, but maybe a time travel mystery show or Dancing at the Blue Iguana 2 or something a little different.

I haven't checked the link but I'm also surprised at #27. Probably has a lot to do with the fact she is one of those rare scifi female characters that is appropriately dressed (in BDUs and boots). Most women in scifi are in very tight fitting costumes or wearing very little at all.

There was a show on Space a while ago ranking "kickbutt" female characters and Sam was quite highly rated. I also recall a magazine article from a few years ago where she was definitely in the top ten female scifi characters. I'll have to dig those out.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just noticed a fun fact: the anti-Carter thread is on the last page, and runs to 14 pages... this thread is almost always on the first page, and runs to 4,711 pages, and counting! I think that's a fitting tribute to Amanda, don't you?!
                  "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                    I noticed that...now I appreciate that a cartoon character may be an awesome female character...but they're not a real woman. I couldn't believe how many I hadn't heard of either *shakes head*
                    Nope, not real women. And the only reason they are "sexy" is because they are drawn that way. Don't think they should even be included in that list.

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
                      Just noticed a fun fact: the anti-Carter thread is on the last page, and runs to 14 pages... this thread is almost always on the first page, and runs to 4,711 pages, and counting! I think that's a fitting tribute to Amanda, don't you?!
                      Yes, it is!

Guess who got her copy of Continuum today?
                      I'll watch it tonight. Maybe some of the Arctic footage will help cool my attic room down somewhat.

Comment

don't worry about them. In fact, just by mentioning that here,, you'll remind someone who will go and revive it.

Just let them be please
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                          What are pineapple donuts?? Is this a Victorian thing?
                          Agree about fish! Grilled whiting with poached eggs for breakfast is so scrumptious!!! *saliva dripping off mouth*
                          Mmmm Atlantic salmon....with the skin all crispy.....and the inside is all soft and melts away in your mouth. Oh gees!! Thanks Chelle!
                          MMMMmmmmmmmm donuts!!!
                          Nah, pineapple donuts are everywhere and have been since I was young (yes, a very long time ) Chelle has great taste in donuts though, hot jam donuts are my fave. Never tasted a Krispy Kreme as we don't have one anywhere near us.

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                          I can't say that order makes any sense to me. And not just because AT's at #27, either! None of it makes much sense. They also didn't pick the most flattering picture of AT. I mean, it's great and all, but if the others are going to be half-naked (or entirely naked)... Oh well, twas fun anyway. I wonder if Sanctuary counts as a "time travel mystery show"? Guess they didn't do their research when it comes to "what we want her to do next". At least they got Scully right!
                          Yeah, their list order seemed a bit screwy to me and I did wonder at the amount of research they did.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Sky, Mandy's being evil and now chelle's helping her!

Yeah, I didn't get the order either. But at least they said nice things about her. I wonder if they did the story a while ago before Sanctuary got picked up (and just published it now) or if they didn't do their research.
                          Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm donuts!!!!!

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                          Yes, it is!

Guess who got her copy of Continuum today?
                          I'll watch it tonight. Maybe some of the Arctic footage will help cool my attic room down somewhat.
                          Uh Oh!! I just checked EasyDVD and their shipment is delayed I wonder if it is just them or all Australia????? I was going to go shopping and grab a copy today, I guess I'll see who has it available in a few hours.
                          -

Comment

Hey everyone So this is coming a little out of nowhere but I was wondering if someone hear knew of a time when Sam said something like "it's over" or "I can't do this anymore" or something that could be (when taken out of context) interpreted as a break-up line. I'm working on a vid right now which is a little AU (and by a little I mean a lot) and this line is kinda crucial to the story I thought for sure she would have said something like this to Pete in "Threads" but the break-up scene there only kicks in after she's broken the news. Can anyone help? I know this is really specific of a request so I understand if everyone just stares at me blankly

Thanks to anyone who can help! And here's a beautiful little smile of Sam

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                              Hey everyone So this is coming a little out of nowhere but I was wondering if someone hear knew of a time when Sam said something like "it's over" or "I can't do this anymore" or something that could be (when taken out of context) interpreted as a break-up line. I'm working on a vid right now which is a little AU (and by a little I mean a lot) and this line is kinda crucial to the story I thought for sure she would have said something like this to Pete in "Threads" but the break-up scene there only kicks in after she's broken the news. Can anyone help? I know this is really specific of a request so I understand if everyone just stares at me blankly

Thanks to anyone who can help! And here's a beautiful little smile of Sam

-Stef
                              A vid where Sam breaks up with Jack to be with Cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

Thanks to anyone who can help!

-Stef

Nothing comes to mind at the moment but I'll think about it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X