Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    On that note...I've just finished making my very first video...it's for Ship Day tomorrow but as soon as I can, I will post a link to it here...it has some nice Sam pics in it...but it's obviously shippy.
    It was a lot harder to make than I anticipated...but hopefully that now I have some idea on how to make them, I'll be able to make more a lot more faster!!
    I think it's loaded...hope this works!!....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4-m0rZEbY
    Wonderful video Chelle! Warning to Jckfan, Mandy and Jan: back away from the link! It's for your own good.

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    Sanctuary - Multipleverses: Video from Comic Con Panel:

From Multipleverses:

Sanctuary - Comic Con Full Panel Video Coverage

July 27th, 2008

A fan's video of the comic con panel.
    Thanks for the link. Will have to find the time to view it.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    Thanks and my going wasn't so much about the con proper but about going to meet my adopted lil' Sis TJ, and Kir_fect. I really think they're both super people and would dearly love to meet them in person. I've meet Antoa and she totally rocks.
    That she does.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      I think dye still kills your hair if you do it often. Maybe she would want to use a wig for SG? Or it would depend on the Santuary plans for filming.
      Yeah it really does kill it, I used to dye my hair all the time and it was another reason I had to keep it short all the time because the hair would just get horrible once dyed and long. I Dont dye it so much now so I able to hav it long, I do however have some colors in at the moment, Blue streaks to be exact but they look green in my blonde hair. Plus on top of that to get your hair from a light color to a dark color you have to do alot of dyeing I've had several times when I've died my hair dark and cause I didnt gradually build up the color It went Purple instied...I learnt the hard way
      sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        (((Poz))) good to see you back

Nice seeing you Front hehehe sheeee's baaaackk!

Major snippage! WTG EH-T!!

Are you in my head or what??? I was thinking the same thing!! Good to see you popping in Poz!!
        I love it when some of the "older" Samandans come back to visit!!
        Older???... cough... spit..... sputter..cough...watch your tongue,.,.or fingers in this case Good to pop in and see my fellow Samandans.

Comment

Ok, let’s talk about Amanda and her hair

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          But I've been thinking - what about future Stargate movies? Will Sam be staying blond? Is it possible?
          Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          I don't think Amanda plans on keeping the dark hair forever. If there are more SG movies, I'm pretty sure she'll go back to blonde.
          Originally posted by Fainne View Post
          I second that. the dark color probably is not permanent so she can wash it out everytime she needs to be blonde. But i wouldn't mind Sam being dark.
          Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          As much as I love her dark hair, I hope Sam will stay blonde.
          Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Me too! But no matter what color hair she has...she's still awesome! Took a bit for the dark color to grow on me...but hey...she's still awesome no matter what color hair!
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          at AT3, amanda's hair was pretty dark, but now it's lightening up

It's part of hair color. Even permnant color fades. and her dark brown is slowly fading to a more reddish brown.

and i dont' think there'll be a pink bit unless she wants to clip in a hair piece. just my personal feelings
          I think dye still kills your hair if you do it often. Maybe she would want to use a wig for SG? Or it would depend on the Santuary plans for filming.
          I kept thinking the same thing Egle, even before she dyed her hair. I thought about what you said SJ, about what dying does to your hair, and since I'm not a girl I can't make a accurate guess. But I can say this, my mom has had lots of colors done to her hair, I mean she's had more color on her head than a rainbow , and her hair still looks fine. But I don't think Amanda would use a blonde wig for Stargate, I mean, using a brunette wig for one show, and then blonde wig (her natural color) for her first show. But I think jasmina's right, I really don't think Amanda plans on keeping the dark hair forever, after all, Amanda did say she'd go back and forth between blonde and brunette for Stargate and Sanctuary which is great, because I also want sam to stay blonde . But ONE thing is for sure, blonde is her natural hair color, and 1 of the 3 things I can think of could happen:

1) Unless Amanda keeps it dark eventually it'll go back to blonde.

2) Amanda could do nothing and let it go back to blonde naturally, or she could dye it herself to speed it up.

3) Or like Fainne said, Amanda could just wash the dark out.

In any case, the blonde is bound to return at some point. *YAY* And the change her hair is going through now-- going brown, could be a result of the blonde trying to come back. *Double YAY*. But like ColCarter said, she is still the same awesome Amanda Tapping, and it doesn't matter what color her hair is; blonde, dark, blue, pink, orange, it doesn't matter, this is still Amanda Tapping the woman we all love and admire, and have gotten to know a lot more over the years, I'm just happy she's still her, I'd rather have her with a different colored hair than not at all. I'm just happy she's happy, and if she likes the hair, than I like it to, after all, it's still our blonde Amanda under there.

You know, with all this talk about Amanda's hair, it makes me wonder, when Amanda was in San Diego with her follow SG-1 cast mates, watching the Continuum premiere on that BIG screen, I wonder how she felt seeing herself blonde. I mean we know she doesn't really like watching herself on screen because she's very self-conscious, she said so herself last time she saw herself on screen (On the Continuum Red Carpet), but I wonder how she felt seeing her old "blonde" self. Speaking of which, we should have a dark-haired Sam smile on GW .

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Rocky, Sanctuary will be shown on Movie Central and the Movie Network in Canada (depending on your location). Part of an extended cable package that is $13.00 or $17.00 a month (I forget the exact amount).

I had hoped to buy a Sanctuary shirt at AT3. None were for sale and I didn't end up with any that were being auctioned. Thought I would order one on-line when I got back but can't seem to do that through the website currently. Hopefully that will change.
          Oh really? I would trade in half the channels I already have for the Sci-fi channel. What sucks is that my thing doesn't record shows . Anyway, I live in Ontario, so I hope I can catch it, but if I have to order the channel I will, but I do hope it gives on those 2 channels who told me. I'll do anything to help the show, and my girl . Good luck on getting that shirt . Btw, you don't know my location? After all this time you've never seen my location on the right side of the screen?

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hey Everyone,

chelle that's a really beautiful vid! Well done!

I agree, I'm not an actor but I would love to be, and 'they' wouldn't necessarily need to pay me, I would do it for the sheer joy of being able to play a character. I think Amanda would be similar, she's just lucky, she get paid for doing what she loves to do.

That was great! Thanks for sharing.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          You're so right Julia, I'm the same way sometimes at work, I feel like they don't have to pay me because I like what I do. My dad however tells me if I'm not punched in, then I don't have to work, and I'm like "Why don't you try being a little more like Amanda?" . But like I've said before, Amanda took a big pay decrease for the shows effects; so on October 3rd, some of the effects you’ll see came out of Amanda's salary. She loves doing what she does so much, she gives her own show money for its own benefit. That's our Amanda .

Thank you Rocky and Julia!
          I appreciate that a lot!

I think I have to get my computer overhauled though...it crashed and froze on me several dozen times during the making of that video...and it won't load the panel thingy from Sanctuary at CC...but I'm not going to cry...just yet!!!

(((Samandans)))
          Thanks, btw I agree, you should get a new computer, or a lap-top, because from what I've heard, yours isn't the best in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
            Yeah it really does kill it, I used to dye my hair all the time and it was another reason I had to keep it short all the time because the hair would just get horrible once dyed and long. I Dont dye it so much now so I able to hav it long, I do however have some colors in at the moment, Blue streaks to be exact but they look green in my blonde hair. Plus on top of that to get your hair from a light color to a dark color you have to do alot of dyeing I've had several times when I've died my hair dark and cause I didnt gradually build up the color It went Purple instied...I learnt the hard way
            that once happened to my mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              at AT3, amanda's hair was pretty dark, but now it's lightening up

It's part of hair color. Even permanent color fades. and her dark brown is slowly fading to a more reddish brown.

and i dont' think there'll be a pink bit unless she wants to clip in a hair piece. just my personal feelings
              I thought the same thing after seeing her at AT3 ... unless she is still experimenting with the dark shade and has actually had it lightened a bit. I think the brown tones are softer and more flattering overall. As I posted elsewhere, she is so glam now and could easily play in a 1940s-style movie, with Jack as her leading man. Her hair style and color just make me think of all the great, classy actresses of those days. Cough. Showing my age a bit, eh?

Chelle, I just watched your video and it's WONDERFUL! The song and the slideshow just flow and really touched me. Great job! I got so excited in giving you a review that I accidentally posted it twice so please feel free to delete one. DUH.

More, make more!

Comment

Not again with the hair.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  LOL
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

hair today, gone tomorrow
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Going from light colored hair to dark isn't as bad as someone like me (I have very dark brown hair - some like to think it's black...it's NOT) going from dark to light. BLEACHING the hair is what's bad for it. Adding color if done right isn't as bad. It's stripping the color that is bad.

I rather like Amanda with the dark hair. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it gives her this glow (not that she didn't have it before) and makes her even hotter, imho, than she was as a blonde. The dark hair also makes her eyes pop out.

But honestly, if Amanda wanted to shave her head (she better get the going rate that Sigurney Weaver got for it when she did Alien) I'd still think she was gorgeous.
                      I think you would have many here that agree.

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      I thought the same thing after seeing her at AT3 ... unless she is still experimenting with the dark shade and has actually had it lightened a bit. I think the brown tones are softer and more flattering overall. As I posted elsewhere, she is so glam now and could easily play in a 1940s-style movie, with Jack as her leading man. Her hair style and color just make me think of all the great, classy actresses of those days. Cough. Showing my age a bit, eh?
                      Nah. You just watch Turner Classic Movies.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        that once happened to my mom.
                        Yeah it happened at least 3 times to me.....I never learn....and I still havent had Brown hair yet
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Hi guys, I was bored and it's been a little too quite her lately, I mean as I'm writting this, I'm the only user viewing this thread . So I did this so we could have something to talk about , I'm bringing this over from the Sanctuary Discussion Thread, it's pics and discussions about Amanda and her bruised legs . I thought we could talk about it here, you know get the whole family involved . Anyway, I'll get started by posting all the posts from that thread talking about it, in their original order, including my own posts .

Maybe this helps

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Hey... (not that I'm staring at the legs again or anything...) does 'manda have a wee bruise on her knee?

I always wake up with random bruises after partying. Maybe Amanda dances on the bar when "Come on Eileen" comes on too. Or maybe I'm projecting
                          Quite noticeable on the pics, that bruise. Maybe she's been stunting too hard on Sanctuary?
                          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Oh I hope so... and that she's enjoying every minute!
                          Originally posted by tagger View Post
                          Yipes, noticed it after it was pointed out. Hope everything is ok.
                          Wow NZ, I've never noticed that before, and I was staring, I mean how could I not...ouch, and I don't mean "that" kind of ouch

But maybe you're right SJ maybe she was stunting too hard, and if she was-- man, is this woman dedicated to her work or what? And I agree with you NZ, I also hope she was enjoying it . The work, time, effort and dedication she puts in any job (Stargate and Sanctuary) is almost legendary.
                          Or she was chasing miniAT and they crashed or something.
                          Could you imagine? The Great Sam Carter/Helen Magnus beaten by a baby, this baby-

*Chills looking at the pic* Yeah she looks dangerous to me . No wonder Amanda carried a P90, I mean remember those other "bruises" Olivia gave Amanda when she was teething?
                          Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          I could look at those legs all day...
                          Oh cool, thanks SJ, that does help, and I'm with you BruTak, I could look at those legs all day too .

Comment

Hi all! I'm back...and I am not even ATTEMPTING to catch up. I am starting here. LOL
                            Jenni

Comment

LilFerret, There are times when I just have to agree - it's too much to catch up!
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome back lilferret! Enjoy yourself?
                                Last edited by Conn8d; 28 July 2008, 07:33 PM. Reason: yourself is not yourselve

Comment

Working...
                                X