Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    Hi, I know I haven't been around much lately, but I couldn't help but notice that in the special features of the DVD this was kindof addressed.
    Making of Continuum spoiler
    Spoiler:
    In the Making of Continuum, Ben was on screen and the caption was Ben Browder, Lt. Col Cameron Mitchell. In the very next scene, it was Amanda on screen. This time the caption said, Amanda Tapping, Col Samantha Carter. I know it doesn't match what Joe said, but I'm going to run with it. In my little world, Sam got colonel shortly after AoT then spent a year on Atlantis. She is no longer a full time member of SG-1 (since it is way beneath the commander of an expedition), so Cam is in charge of her old team (with her blessing of course). She is scheduled to command her own new ship anyway....Well, that's how it is in my world...unless of course, she takes SGC that would be fine too.
    Your world is quite nice...

I think the only reason Joe didn't agree on these points was because he's still afraid that people won't like Cameron if he's less than the other characters. I think there was this fear that if he didn't match up to at least one of them, he wouldn't be worth watching. Pff. As if we didn't all love Sam even though she wasn't the same rank as Jack! But I don't think he ever intended to make Cam better than Sam, or even truly equal, just equal enough.

That's my world, I suppose, too.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Thanks for all of these. Will watch as soon as life allows!

Not so much that I didn't know where you are but that I couldn't remember which channel covers Ontario.

What? Where are your priorities girl?
      But Eureka must be watched. If not for the fact that it's an awesome show, then for the fact that it will contain a Sanctuary preview.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

and it's 8:35 and no mention of it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
          Thank you for sharing your awesome photos!!!
          My pleasure!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i saw that amanda was drinking starbucks! *is proud* i wonder what kind of drink it was, though... *ponders*
          A friend of a friend bought it...so...*does research*

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Replying to the last time LilFerret posted pics ^
          Wow, thanks a lot LilFerret, those were awesome, and I love the captions you put under the pics, it help explain what was going on, I mean, I kept wondering why Rick was wearing sunglasses inside
          Actually the captions were above. I hope they made sense the other way! LOL

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Very, very cool pics Jenni! I loved them all! Thanks for sharing such a pretties with us!

Oh and welcome back! Soo...have you recovered yet from the whirlwind weekend?
          I haven't recovered yet. Still finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things. I think I am making remarkable progress, however...

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Those are great! Thanks for sharing them with us. and welcome back, glad you all had a great time.
          I did, I really did! *dances*

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          Hi, I know I haven't been around much lately, but I couldn't help but notice that in the special features of the DVD this was kindof addressed.
          Making of Continuum spoiler
          Spoiler:
          In the Making of Continuum, Ben was on screen and the caption was Ben Browder, Lt. Col Cameron Mitchell. In the very next scene, it was Amanda on screen. This time the caption said, Amanda Tapping, Col Samantha Carter. I know it doesn't match what Joe said, but I'm going to run with it. In my little world, Sam got colonel shortly after AoT then spent a year on Atlantis. She is no longer a full time member of SG-1 (since it is way beneath the commander of an expedition), so Cam is in charge of her old team (with her blessing of course). She is scheduled to command her own new ship anyway....Well, that's how it is in my world...unless of course, she takes SGC that would be fine too.
          I noticed that too! *dances* Though they may have added that post-production, since they'd made the decision to make it AFTER Season 4 of Atlantis.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          But Eureka must be watched. If not for the fact that it's an awesome show, then for the fact that it will contain a Sanctuary preview.
          I am watching for the preview now. I hope it's the same one from the panel. *waits patiently*
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            and it's 8:35 and no mention of it
            6:42 it was just on Brief but it was on....
            sigpic

Comment

it jsut aired. it's a 30 second promo

i saw a lot of recognized footage, a little new stuff - namely ashley running. helen had her accent, and they changed the font for the name

i'm sure by morning folks will have it screen capped and transcripted

sigpic

Comment

That's the same preview I saw on Sci Fi a few days ago. :\ I was hoping it would be the LONG one from the panel. Oh well.
                Jenni

Comment

me too

on friday they'd pimped it as 'special sneak peak' so i wonder if their plans changed?

sigpic

Comment

At least it's a Sanctuary promo!!!! ...finally!!!
                    sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Yeah...but there was one the other day...so I was expecting something bigger.
                      Jenni

Comment

so was I

on friday they said 'special sneak peek', so i was expecting a 60 second promo at least.

maybe eureka ran toolong? or someone forgot to drop a promo to make room for it?

sigpic

Comment

Woot!! I saw Continuum!! Came in the mail yesterday!

Spoiler:
                          I loved it!! The show could have totally been on the big screen, in fact, I would have LOVED to see it in a theater with big sounds and big images.

The beginning was a little confusing/ slow for me (or maybe I was a bit too slow for the beginning ), but then the action/ story took off and the entire movie flew by - literally and figuratively.

I loved the arctic scenes - especially the arctic sun behind Mitchell and Carter, the submarine surging up through the ice choked me up , and then seeing the submarine re-submerging was beautiful. I think I also liked the Arctic scenes since I knew everyone loved filming it so much.

Lots of funny one-liners. Stargate humor.

Loved seeing Sam fly a jet, and the whole jet sequences were stunning. Loved the MIGs flying through the gliders and up.

I have to watch again for the timeline/ time travel hints since I was too busy watching everything else to figure out timelines.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. Decent story, nicely paced, great visuals and action. YAY!!

Here's hoping for more! And in theaters!

No new Sanctuary stuff in the Eureka promo??

Oh well, new stuff soon enough.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Okay, "the DVD" was waiting on my doorstep after work and I just played it twice, the first time with commentary by Brad Wright and Martin Wood and then the real thing. Also played the featurettes, and I think the Arctic featurette is the best. Some terrific moments with all of them, especially AT and RDA and Ben too. It took a lot of courage to do what they did.

I guess there's a place on the forum to take the Continuum discussion along with Spoilers but am retiring for the night. I have my thoughts on the movie but will like to see what others are thinking. For someone who's never seen a Stargate episode, it may make a fan of them. More Stargate DVDs sold, more chances of a third movie, eh?

The movie is full of surprises and it's great that Don S. Davis was a part of this movie.

Ciao, good night Samandans!

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                              No new Sanctuary stuff in the Eureka promo??

Oh well, new stuff soon enough.
                              I posted this on the Sanctuary thread, thought I would post here too. I saw the quick preview during Eureka. It did have some new scenes and some old scenes. It was very quick preview so not a lot of info given.... So went in search for more spoiler and found this - There are some MAJOR SPOILERS for Will's back story in Robin Dunne's interview and some spoilers for individual episodes... I'm not sure how I missed it, and if someone else posted it, my apologizes http://newsarama.com/tv/080707-dunne-sanctuary.html
                              Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 29 July 2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

OK I uploaded the preview. And the audio is now fixed. Here is the video for those that would like to at least see it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/57163001..._on_SciFi.html

Captures

Spoiler:

Last edited by JanSam; 30 July 2008, 01:35 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X