X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      I received a very sad message from Lee this evening in regard to Deejay and she wanted me to let all her online friends know how Deejay is.

Hi...my name is Lee...I am Deejay's friend from Florida. I want to let her online friends know that she is not doing well...as her doctors are saying "she is at the end of her life". It breaks my heart to know my dear friend is losing her battle against cancer and I cannot be there for her, but I can let her friends know and have everyone pray for her peace. As true as always, she is still fighting and will fight until the end. Her mom is having to decide where to take her when/if the hospital decides they can no longer do anything for her. She is on dialysis daily now

When Jan was talking with her family member they were hoping since the chemo is the cause for the kidney's shutting down that after treatment they may start back up again, but they did say that the cancer will continue to run it's course. (((DeeJay)))
      Even though i haven't been here long, i would just like to say that i'm really sorry to hear this sad news and my thoughts are with Deejay and her family xx

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        OK, I know some people weren't too keen on the flowers but I wanted to get something sent quickly. I paid for the flowers, so that all the donated money can be sent to Deej and her family.

Deej will be receiving a bigger and prettier version of this:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8629/bhcja1.jpg

With a card saying:

"Hey Deej! Here is a hug from Samanda, we won't go into the licking. Know that you are loved and that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Lots of love, the Samandans."

As soon as I hit send I wondered what her family will thing about the licking... oh well Deejay need laughter and love right now, right?
        Thanks for putting all that together. I hope that it brightens her day a little.
        sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
        I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
        Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Starting out in Toronto (for Me So Lovely) and then catching the train with Becky, to Vancouver (for Gatecon). I did the train trip on my own last February (2007). Everything was white! Beautiful and quite an adventure, but knowing there was lots of water along the way, I wanted to see the countryside in the summer (and glorious technicolour!). Trouble is, with water come skeeters!

Mumsey
          Sounds like a lovely trip - I've always wanted to do X-Canada via train ... just could never afford it! My fam was one of the few who didn't try the epic X-Canada road trip, so that's always been a goal of mine ... but then again, I love to drive Lord knows I disliked flying over the Rockies - or at least my ears dislike it immensely!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Of course (hits self on forehead) should have realized it involved Me So Lovely and Gatecon.

No skeeters in Toronto, they hate Toronto like all good Canadians. Nor will you find any in Vancouver. As for in between the two they are known to lurk but if you are just taking the train through you will not give them much of a chance. If you do stop and get off the train follow Mandy and Ames' advice and you should be OK. If you are bitten Detol will relieve the itch (if you can find some).

Have to say that I have been many wonderful places but one of the best trips of all is taking the train to Vancouver. Trains are a blast. Nothing quite like showering in a train going 'round a bend. The food on Via Rail is great, may I recommend the pancakes for breakfast when you are going through the prairies (they were granola or buckwheat or something -- best ever). No better scenery in the world than going through the Rockies by train.
          *am jealous* Hey, does that wonderful local chocolate store have a website/does shipments? If not, how would you feel about a chocolate trade via post? I was in Reid's yesterday to pick up some chocolate for presents, and was telling the girls there about our chocolate exchange ... and now I'm craving the stuff you brought... so good! Let me know, please! mmmmm - chocolate .......

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          I agree about trains and seeing the Rockies from one. I took the train from Detroit to Spokane. A wonderful two day trip, though I only had a seat, so very little sleep was had and the only food I had was the crackers and stuff that I brought with me. The trip back was by car (my friend was coming home for the summer from college so we took turns driving). That part of the trip was for seeing all the tourist stuff. A trip I will never forget for sure!

I loved my first train trip so much that I convinced my mom and sister that that was the way to travel across the pond. On the first trip to England, we toured the UK by train and it's one of the best ways to really get to see the countryside and relax at the same time. I loved the trains in the UK, because they have tables. We played travel yahtzee while we rode. Needless to say, they also love train travel now.
          I was definitely pleasantly surprised by the trains in the UK .... which was a good thing, considering I spent a good portion of my time there on trains! (Ah the life of a substitute teacher in 3 counties who doesn't own a car I learned to love the public transit systems!) The tables are very useful, the seats comfy, and usually travellers behave (unless you're on the last run from Newcastle to Durham, especially on a Sat night *shudders*) When my parents came to visit, they LOVED travelling via train, and when Mom and I go back next year, she's planning on doing it again - everything we visit must be close to rail stations!

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
          I was in Vancouver both March of last year and June/July. Saw no mosquitos...

I want to go to Toronto some day, but haven't had a reason yet.

AhHA! I knew I loved Vancouver.
          But Jenni ... you have friends in Toronto now!
          ...and yes, I'll second that - Vancouver rocks

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          DeeJay update

Thanks to Ann's investigative skills we found DeeJay!!! I just got off the phone with her and a family member. I told her she had all of us praying and thinking of her and to hang in there. She said "I'm putting up a fight and I appreciate all of you so much!" The family member I talked to said she is in a lot of pain, tired and her kidney's have shut down but they are hoping they will start working again with treatment. They have stopped the chemo due to the kidneys.

Neep, I got lots of information I'll be sending you by email. The hospital recommended a place that will take international orders and they accept international credit cards. They also are online and you can order from the site.

And just a suggestion; any money left over we could send to DeeJay to help cover the medical bills. What do you think?
          Like everyone else has been saying, I think that would be a lovely gesture - maybe just a drop in the bucket, but one wrapped in love and support.
          (((deejay)))

OK, I know some people weren't too keen on the flowers but I wanted to get something sent quickly. I paid for the flowers, so that all the donated money can be sent to Deej and her family.

With a card saying:

"Hey Deej! Here is a hug from Samanda, we won't go into the licking. Know that you are loved and that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Lots of love, the Samandans."

As soon as I hit send I wondered what her family will thing about the licking... oh well Deejay need laughter and love right now, right?
          Neep, as always, you rock. It's so cute!!!
          ...and yes, I can just imagine trying to explain the licks
          *shrug* It's a Samandan thing, eh?
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

a HUGE pat on the back for all the folks that are doing all this stuff behind the scenes to make it work
            Indeed.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

With a card saying:

Beautiful, Neep.

I just don't know what to say about the latest news about Deejay other than that my prayers continue to be with her and her family.

Comment

(((deejay)))

Comment

With a card saying:

It's beautiful Eileen!! Great job. Thanks so much for coordinating this, you've done the hard part, way to go, I think she'll love it.
                  sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

With a card saying:

Thanks so much.

Comment

With a card saying:

It's beautiful Eileen! Thank you so much for coordinating this effort. You've done the hard part and done a great job under very emotional circumstances. (((Eileen)))
                      sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

With a card saying:

It's beautiful! Thanks!

The licking is fine

Comment

Just got home from work not long ago.

I'm so sorry to hear about Deejay. As always, she's in my thoughts and prayers. It's so saddening to hear, but heartening that she's still fighting and not giving up hope.

Thank you Eileen for organising all of this, and the flowers. I'm sure Deej will love them!
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Update on Deejay

I just got off the phone with Deejay, she received the flowers we sent her and wanted me to thank everyone for them, she said they were very lovely. She appreciates the support everyone is giving her and laughed when I told her she's taking over the thread She's still fighting, and using that Polish stubborness (which a few of us also have, it comes in handy sometimes ) She doesn't know how long she'll be in the hospital, or when she'll be able to go home.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Update on Deejay

I just got off the phone with Deejay, she received the flowers we sent her and wanted me to thank everyone for them, she said they were very lovely. She appreciates the support everyone is giving her and laughed when I told her she's taking over the thread She's still fighting, and using that Polish stubborness (which a few of us also have, it comes in handy sometimes ) She doesn't know how long she'll be in the hospital, or when she'll be able to go home.
                              Thanks Mandy, that sounds a little more encouraging.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mandy
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X