Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    Guys I just got this message through my LJ about DeeJay, I know others may have received it already, but just in case:

"Hi there, my name is Lee. I am Denise's best friend from Florida. I just want to let her online friends know that she is in the hospital. Her family called me last night....and she is bad. Her kidneys are shutting down because she was so dehydrated and her tumors are growing. Please keep Denise and her family in your prayers."

Keep DeeJay in your thoughts and prayers.
    Keeping you and your family/friends in my thoughts Deej and sending every positive vibe I can muster your way. Tis not prayer, but I hope it helps.

Comment

((((((DEEJAY))))))

(((((DEEJAY FAMILY & FRIENDS)))))

PengYn - thanks for posting about Deejay.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

(((Deejay))) I hope you know how special you are to us My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Guys I just got this message through my LJ about DeeJay, I know others may have received it already, but just in case:

"Hi there, my name is Lee. I am Denise's best friend from Florida. I just want to let her online friends know that she is in the hospital. Her family called me last night....and she is bad. Her kidneys are shutting down because she was so dehydrated and her tumors are growing. Please keep Denise and her family in your prayers."

Deejay, I don't know you well, but you and your family are in my prayers. Keep fighting!
          sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
          Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Sending you a cyberhug DeeJay!
            sigpic

Comment

she'll be in my prayers.

(((deejay)))

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Sending out my thoughts and prayers to DeeJay.

Comment

there's a story i did some time ago, but like always, it was all in my head.

but this one was sam being marooned on a hostile invironment planet for year, as a punishment for stepping on some sacred ground. i had it that the only company she ended up having was some dog/wolf she rescued. but i also had it that because of being so alone and then getting sick, she stopped talking.

if i actually made this into a fanfic story, i would still go down this route. i made sam quieter and more reserved for some time after she got back. daniel would observe that she 'almost' reverted to a primitive behavior, in not only the way she carried herself, but her super charged reflexes as well.

so my question is; would this be the logical progression if this happened to someone?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Well that's when we get the really big blizzards, and the roads are impassable and we have to use our snow shoes to get around
                    This is exactly why I didn't ask YOU.

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                    buahahaha. Yes, and even our pet polar bears have to come in out of the cold

P.S. I love Amanda...

Don't encourage her.

I love Amanda too! What a coincidence.

(((((((DeeJay)))))) Sending the power of Samanda your way.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

(((Deejay))) (((Family and friends)))

Deejay is such a strong, positive presence here.

Absolutely in my thoughts and prayers.
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

but this one was sam being marooned on a hostile invironment planet for year, as a punishment for stepping on some sacred ground. i had it that the only company she ended up having was some dog/wolf she rescued. but i also had it that because of being so alone and then getting sick, she stopped talking.

if i actually made this into a fanfic story, i would still go down this route. i made sam quieter and more reserved for some time after she got back. daniel would observe that she 'almost' reverted to a primitive behavior, in not only the way she carried herself, but her super charged reflexes as well.

so my question is; would this be the logical progression if this happened to someone?

sally
                        It sounds logical to me sally, it sounds like a great story too. Is there any chance you can write it up somewhere so we can read it? Please, please, please!

Anyway, night night Samanda

(((((((Samanda's))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

(((((DeeJay & Family)))))

You are still in my thoughts and prayers, I'll light a candle for you at church today.

Thank you Pengyn for passing this along.
                          -

Comment

sally
                            I like this idea.

If someone was marooned for a year in a hostile environment they would need to hunt to survive and it is amazing how quickly the civilsed veneer of humans can be stripped away in this environment and revert to more primitive instincts. Sam's existing field skills would be honed to a fine degree. If you want to, it may pay to do a little research on wolves and imbue your dog/wolf with some of those characteristics. It would make sense to have the dog/wolf and Sam to team up as a "pack" to survive.

Losing the voice, though, will need to be thought out because it is natural for humans to communicate by talking, even with animals. So if Sam were to have the company of the dog/wolf why would she stop talking and if she did stop talking then she would need to communicate to the dog/wolf whilst hunting. Hmmm a bit of research and this can be overcome probably.

Yeah I like this idea!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              I like this idea.

If someone was marooned for a year in a hostile environment they would need to hunt to survive and it is amazing how quickly the civilsed veneer of humans can be stripped away in this environment and revert to more primitive instincts. Sam's existing field skills would be honed to a fine degree. If you want to, it may pay to do a little research on wolves and imbue your dog/wolf with some of those characteristics. It would make sense to have the dog/wolf and Sam to team up as a "pack" to survive.
                              i like that idea of them teaming up. i loved reading the bolded part.

i remember a scene i did that happened after sam came home. she was in the gym, working out, when something broke and flew at her extremely fast. sam caught it just mere inches before it hit her face. the men in the gym were in awe of her because they'd never seen anyone catch something like that.

in my story, when it was real windy on that planet, these pointy seeds would come flying out of the trees. sam had been hit frequently by them (like mini arrows), but over time, she was able to miss them like she was some ninja or something.

Losing the voice, though, will need to be thought out because it is natural for humans to communicate by talking, even with animals. So if Sam were to have the company of the dog/wolf why would she stop talking and if she did stop talking then she would need to communicate to the dog/wolf whilst hunting. Hmmm a bit of research and this can be overcome probably.
                              i can't remember my motivations for some things, but i had sam get sick then really sick (high temperature and such), and it was that period of time that just from being sick, she got used to not speaking. i don't remember what happened after she got well, because i know she talked to her dog/wolf before this.

one of my fave scenes was when the team brought her back. i had it that every few weeks, a new season would hit. sam marked time for how long until her penance was over, so she was expecting the team when they eventually came. she lost a bit of time, though, when she'd gotten so sick, so she went to the stargate everyday and left rocks and messages to guide them to her cave.

i can't remember if she met them at the stargate or they followed her rocks/messages, but this one scene was interesting to do -

the team is in the cave with sam, but she's right by the fire and the guys (this is about s3 to s5 time) are a few feet away. they notice how quiet and almost non emotional she is. the team is decked out in parkas (winter season), but sam's decked out in a fur coat she made from an animal she killed months ago. she's *squated* by the fire, just staring into it, when daniel comments about how different sam is now. him, being a student of ppl, notices sam's almost primal demeanor.

even though i don't write these ideas down, i *see* them play out as episodes. it's really fun and fulfilling to do. just doing these posts let me see some of the ep again.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

i like that idea of them teaming up. i loved reading the bolded part.

i remember a scene i did that happened after sam came home. she was in the gym, working out, when something broke and flew at her extremely fast. sam caught it just mere inches before it hit her face. the men in the gym were in awe of her because they'd never seen anyone catch something like that.

in my story, when it was real windy on that planet, these pointy seeds would come flying out of the trees. sam had been hit frequently by them (like mini arrows), but over time, she was able to miss them like she was some ninja or something.

i can't remember my motivations for some things, but i had sam get sick then really sick (high temperature and such), and it was that period of time that just from being sick, she got used to not speaking. i don't remember what happened after she got well, because i know she talked to her dog/wolf before this.

one of my fave scenes was when the team brought her back. i had it that every few weeks, a new season would hit. sam marked time for how long until her penance was over, so she was expecting the team when they eventually came. she lost a bit of time, though, when she'd gotten so sick, so she went to the stargate everyday and left rocks and messages to guide them to her cave.

i can't remember if she met them at the stargate or they followed her rocks/messages, but this one scene was interesting to do -

the team is in the cave with sam, but she's right by the fire and the guys (this is about s3 to s5 time) are a few feet away. they notice how quiet and almost non emotional she is. the team is decked out in parkas (winter season), but sam's decked out in a fur coat she made from an animal she killed months ago. she's *squated* by the fire, just staring into it, when daniel comments about how different sam is now. him, being a student of ppl, notices sam's almost primal demeanor.

even though i don't write these ideas down, i *see* them play out as episodes. it's really fun and fulfilling to do. just doing these posts let me see some of the ep again.

sally
                                Sally, this sounds like it would make a very interesting fic!

Comment

Working...
                                X