No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I'm in a big bonspiel on the weekend, anyone want to place a bet?

On topic, I bet would be good at curling, figuring out the angles and the curl of the rock. To all those out there (probably 99.9% of you) who have not a clue whereof I speak, sorry (said in that cute little Canadian way )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

On topic, I bet would be good at curling, figuring out the angles and the curl of the rock. To all those out there (probably 99.9% of you) who have not a clue whereof I speak, sorry (said in that cute little Canadian way )
      I love curling, I've played once (and almost broke my leg )

Anyway will definitely be good at it. The whole game is math, physics and eye-hand coordination, like pool, and we all know how good Sam is at pool
      sigpic

Comment

Curling rules. I always wanted to be one of the ones with the little brooms. Hah! Can you imagine Teal'c and Jack doing that. Good times.

And would be very good at it since it's all about math and physics.

Comment

that sounds ... painful. It also sounds rather German are you sure you're Canadian? says the crazy American that has no idea what bonspoiel is.

Oh yeah I bet Sam would be good at Curling...
          Spoiler:

boys boys no fighting you both can be on my curling team

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            I love curling, I've played once (and almost broke my leg )

Anyway will definitely be good at it. The whole game is math, physics and eye-hand coordination, like pool, and we all know how good Sam is at pool
            Curling can be dangerous, I've broken bones playing!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              Curling rules. I always wanted to be one of the ones with the little brooms. Hah! Can you imagine Teal'c and Jack doing that. Good times.

And would be very good at it since it's all about math and physics.
              Don't you mean curling rocks?

I could see curling as he is from Minnesota, Teal'c, not so much. That would be hilarious to watch, he'd probably want to make it a contact sport!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                that sounds ... painful. It also sounds rather German are you sure you're Canadian? says the crazy American that has no idea what bonspoiel is.

Oh yeah I bet Sam would be good at Curling...
                Spoiler:

boys boys no fighting you both can be on my curling team
                Bonspiel is a curling tournament.

Comment

ARRRGHHHH!

I wake up on the morning of Relay for Life and find that the washing machine has twisted the underwires of my running bra all out of shape.

SIGH.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

oh she'd totally be a curling shark like she's a pool shark *g*

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    ARRRGHHHH!

I wake up on the morning of Relay for Life and find that the washing machine has twisted the underwires of my running bra all out of shape.

SIGH.
                    *sends you meccano set to build a small set of scaffolding with*

okay...that was mean...good luck in the Relay for Life Neep!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

curling is just pool with MUCH larger 'balls'

sam would do great with it...and, if anything, her biggest weakness would be the tendancy to overthink rather than just doing
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I could see curling as he is from Minnesota, Teal'c, not so much. That would be hilarious to watch, he'd probably want to make it a contact sport!
                        I could totally picture Teal'c with the broom--so incongruous. I can see Jack putting him on that job.

Comment

ARRRGHHHH!

SIGH.
                          Ouch! Harm could come to a little girl like that!

Mumsey
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

and even more damage to a big girl
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I recall reading somewhere recently (there have been a lot of interviews lately so I don't remember which one) that they were revamping the pilot from the webisodes quite a bit at the request of Scifi.
                              Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                              I agree! Who knows maybe she'll get a chance at directing if it gets picked up for a second season. She did such a great job on the sg1 ep.

Yeah, from the interviews, etc., they are revamping the show. They're reworking Will's character alot. Giving him a deeper backstory. They're also reworking Helen's backstory. I think it's going to be interesting to see the characters fleshed out more and maybe see more of Helen's relationship with John Druitt. Most of that info came from an interview with AT and Damian. It sounds really interesting to me.
                              Sounds awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing the more 'in-depth' details/scenes that the wep's just didnt have time to delve into.

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                              :: eyes glass over all lulled up::

:: blink blink::

:: lull lull::

:: wakes up::

Here are some vids in case you missed them before.

A Juicy Amanda Vid.

Another Sanctuary Video.

This video has my favorite song.

:: Flashy neon sign here:: MUSIC IN THE VIDEO SPACE :: flash flash::

Lemon Parade by Tonic.

Welcome Erin to the thread did you get the memo about bring cupcakes?
                              I've seen both before and then and now can't help but appreciate what a fine job you did on them.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Me too!!! Oh man...we are so gonna get along when we meet up at AT4...I hope you are saving!!!!
                              hehe...saving for AT4 will have to be put off for now as guess what? I'll be seeing you at AT3 first! Just bought tickets today so in a few short weeks we'll all be having a blast!

Didn't Jack mention curling in Minnesota in the 100 days ep? Guess that proves that he does at least like it.

ARRRGHHHH!

SIGH.
                              *pats* I never, ever do underwire. Live and learn. *shrug* I mostly just do the sports bra type now. Lots of good support without all the odd wires to poke you when you least expect it.

Good luck on your Relay for Life!

Comment

Actually I am watching 'The Light' and Jack mentions curling int he very beginning. He give the red shirt money to give to Daniel to settle up a bet. Carter asks what the bet was for, Jack says sports. She asks what sport and he says 'curling'.

Comment

Working...
                                X