Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Agreed. It simply shows she cares. And notice when she does cry in PL, it is totally in private. Teal'c comes in and she feels secure enough with him to show her feelings. Their relationship had come a long way by that time--her feeling able to cry in front of him and him able to deal with it and comfort her. When he put his arm around her, *that's* what got me going. He had not been very physically demonstrative. He hesitates for a second & then goes ahead & puts his arm around her. Classic moment.

I totally see why AT fought to keep that scene in the episode. As I recall in a commentary she said she kept going to the director and saying "Now this isn't going to be cut for time, is it?"

For 100 days, as a non-shipper, I saw the look at the end as a kind of betrayal to the team. Yes she worked her mikta off so he wouldn't have to wait a year, and I beleive it has been pounded into her, 'you never leave anyone behind' So when Jack gave up, and didn't expect to go home; Sam could have seen that as him not having enough faith in his team to get him back. He should have known they would have worked to get him back, and he knew they had allies who had ships, so even if it took a while, he should have known THEY wouldn't give up on him, like he gave up on them.

As for Paradise Lost, I also saw it as, Sam breaking down because they had just lost Daniel and losing another member of the team so soon, was just to much for her, that she needed a private moment to let her feelings out.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

As fun as it would be to be able to actually chat with her, I agree with you and with Sky's points about how things could go horribly wrong. I do like the idea that she knows about us and can check in here if she cares to and see a group of people who appreciate her and her work. I like to think that if she's having a bad day she can pop in here and get a lift.
      Hehe..., well i guess she´s knowing about us,...especially this site...
      Gateworld is huge,...i mean its the 101 in "Stargate Fanbase", isnt it.

I would really like it if she were showing up here some day...*faints*
      Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Originally posted by O´Neill View Post
        Hehe..., well i guess she´s knowing about us,...especially this site...
        Gateworld is huge,...i mean its the 101 in "Stargate Fanbase", isnt it.

I would really like it if she were showing up here some day...*faints*
        When I met Amanda after her performance in the Vagina Monologues, I mentioned I was from GW, she said she knew and thanked me (she knew there were a few of us there from GW )
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          When I met Amanda after her performance in the Vagina Monologues, I mentioned I was from GW, she said she knew and thanked me (she knew there were a few of us there from GW )
          Oh, thats great...
          Well i hope i will get this same chance in my life, too
          I guess i will have to wait for that a while, but c´mon...I´m a Fan of her,...really..., she´s great *smile and cry*
          Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            sam went just as 'bonkers' to free teal'c in 48 hours...and i'm sure she'd have done the same for daniel had he ever been put in that position. she DID try to save him with the healing device in meridian...which was pretty much all she could do

she went from 'miss correct and detatched' to a 'mama bear' when it came to her boys
            Love the mama bear thing it describes her perfectly.
            there's been a lot of good fic to come out of the 100 days/SOG episodes...and a lot of overly dramatic stuff too

sometimes sam comes across as very strong and capable, other times she's a quivering and nearly pathetic mess.

I like to think that she did her job to bring back a friend and that she did work hard...but the whole worked herself to death adn fainted in the gateroom scenario seems a bit OTT to me

driven and focused, y es, but she's also aware of appearances adn the need to behave responsibly
            I agree however I do think it is probably the first time Sam realized she might actually have some strong feelings for her CO and it scared her. Prior to that she might have just sort of hero worshipped him but now her feeings are definitely stronger and not so easy to hide even from herself. I don't like the fics where she goes off the deep end but a little bit of OOC behavior like we saw in the episode was okay to me. It showed she was affected more than she wanted to be. She wasn't just the perfect soliger all the time she was human as well. Probably why I love the episode Heroes so much so sad but shows the real Sam in my opinion.
            sigpic
            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Hey everyone,
              Originally posted by atfan View Post

I had another dream in the too much GW category.
              Spoiler:
              We Samandans were chatting here on the thread and AT joined us. Several of us were asking her NOT to dye her hair for Sanctuary. She said she was still thinking about it. Then I hear (because somehow we also had sound!??) "Amanda, we need you on the set. And she says "Oops, I have to go, they need me back on the set now."
              Nice dream, it doesn't sound crazy to me at all. I wish I had dreams like that
              I don't. And not because it wouldn't be cool. It would be. And, honestly, i hope that she does pop in and see that there are a bunch of people here that like her just how she is and to ignore the ones that devote their net time to hating Sam.

However, A couple of years ago, Torri popped into her thread and chatted with fans a bit. the thread exploded, with hundreds of posts a day. it literally moved faster than you could read it. so anything torri posted was hard to find (she only made a few posts)

word spread via live jouornal and all of a sudden the lovely community was turned into a riot of a hundred posters...which wasn't any fun for the regular posters to have so many newbies around. It was such a fuss that it was kinda ruined.

If AT were to ever play here, she'd have to do it TOTALLY incognito. Because not only would we be overwhelmed with sam fans wanting to chat with the actor, i'm sure we'd have a few trolls as well, eager to take potshots.

In addition, the attitude of 'you can't say that, you might offend amanda' will take hold. I saw it happen in the Torri thread. A few vigilent folks started to censor their forum mates. 'you can't say that, you can't talk about her that way, you can't use that pic, you might embarrass her, you can't show that manip, she might have her feelings hurt', etc.

People, in thier excitement, would ruin what would be meant a wonderful thing.

I think it's wonderful if AT reads and reads anonymously, because she will see the true and honest nature of her fans, not the censored and homogenized and watered down version that some would want to present out of a desire to protect her. She's not a perfect person and we're not perfect fans.

If she ever wants to post here, i hope that she does so anonymously. Not just to protect her, but to protect us and this thread as well.

even if you guys would behave, others won't. And i'd rather have this threadl always 'actor free' than have it destroyed by the enthusiasm of others.

However, if she ever does want to post as herself, all she needs to do is contact Darren or me and we'll do all we can to keep the peace and keep things as pleasant as possible
              I have to agree with Sky here, as much as I'd love to see Amanda come here and join in the fun of the thread, I would worry about people knowing she was here. I think it would (unwittingly no matter how much we tried) change the thread, as Sky says, people would try to censer themselves and others and while we all respect Amanda's privacy some people might not and start asking her personal questions to make her uncomfortable, not to mention the trolls that would come out of the woodwork but I like to think that every now and again when Amanda gets time, she pops on anonymously to read our posts and sees how much we all love her
              Originally posted by sofie View Post
              Been away for the week, rehearsing for my Moby Dick play. So I have lot's of catching up to do!!

After seeing those gorgeous pics of Amanda I just had wallpaper them.

Spoilers for size, they're 1024x768 so be warned
              Spoiler:
              http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/Amanda_Tapping4ever/SVU%20icons%20and%20other/Amandawallbyme.jpg

Spoiler:
              http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/Amanda_Tapping4ever/SVU%20icons%20and%20other/Amandasmilewallbyme.jpg

*goes back to catching up..*
              Nice WP's Sofie and Moby Dick WTG!!

EDIT: The UK gets to see AoT in a few hours, Yay!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

probably the one big difference had it been daniel or teal'c stuck instead of jack....jack would have been there to 'control' sam. He would have helped her to keep her perspective. He would have sent her home or harrassed her into working as hard as needed, but not TOO hard.

...I do think - from another perspective - jack's absence showed the co-dependance they all had with each other. Without Jack, sam didn't have anyone to call her on stuff. People tended to just stay out of her way and let her be, and jack would never have allowed that.
                Pretty much what I was going to post this morning before I really had to leave for work, but put better Its the same in PL to an extent, only she not only is missing O'Neill guiding her into not over-exerting herself, but also that companionship with Daniel- on top of the overall simmering pain of having lost the latter. Its no wonder she worked too hard and got snappy.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                Is that Nine Lives by iamdragonrider, by any chance? Featuring Thor the Hamster?

I love that fic! Haven't read it in a couple of years, but Sam is AWESOME as a cat.
                Thor? The Hamster?

OMG

Agreed. It simply shows she cares. And notice when she does cry in PL, it is totally in private. Teal'c comes in and she feels secure enough with him to show her feelings. Their relationship had come a long way by that time--her feeling able to cry in front of him and him able to deal with it and comfort her. When he put his arm around her, *that's* what got me going. He had not been very physically demonstrative. He hesitates for a second & then goes ahead & puts his arm around her. Classic moment.

I totally see why AT fought to keep that scene in the episode. As I recall in a commentary she said she kept going to the director and saying "Now this isn't going to be cut for time, is it?"

I love that scene, and it is classic. And if it had been cut, that's a whole wealth of wonderful stuff between those characters just lost, which would never have been replicated in quite the same way.
                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Yes, well, anyone who has visited this thread can't fail to remember that infamous name..... Mandy.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yes, well, anyone who has visited this thread can't fail to remember that infamous name..... Mandy.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oooh, I'm getting the glare.

I'm trembling in my boots!!!!

Careful, or I'll sic Amy on you. LOL
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey, what have I done to deserve that

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I've been away all week, my lap-top is still down. This isn’t my big catch-up post I mentioned, this is a little when I gathered a little while back. Part 1:

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Enter at own risk:

This is the cutest scene in the movie

Cam is in the infirmary, and Sam comes to visit him, she sits down next to him, tells him that the IOA owes him an apology, and Cam's like "Well, my recovery my not be for a while." he asks if all the Ori ships have been destroyed and Sam's like "Yup" in a really cute voice.. Sam gives him a pat, and he moans in pain, and Sam's like "Oh my God, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Gotta love Sam. She starts walking out, and asks her what's in the bag. Sam comes running back and says "Oh my God, I almost forget", I bakes these for you" And she says it in the cutest voice, and she makes the funniest facial expressions . He opens the bag, and see's that there macaroons. Then she says "I'm sure they're not as good as your grandmother's." Then she leans and says "Is your cheek okay?" and he's like "Yeah" And she kissed him.

For me that was the cutest moment in the movie, it was just like L.I.T.S, except this time Cam was hurt, not Sam. They were my favorite part about the movie. Every scene they shared together (which was most) was so enjoyable and sweet. This final scene between the two of them made me really smile. Big bravo to Amanda and Ben .

PS:
                          Spoiler:
                          [CENTER]

Does that answer your question?

I'd just like to add a little more on that scene, when Sam says to Cam "I baked these for you", she had the funniest, and cutest facial expressions when she smiled and when she gave him the bag . I think she was more like Amanda in that scene than Sam , which is great, because I always love to see Amanda making Sam more like herself. But, I noticed something interesting when she kissed Cam, when she got close to camera I noticed what looked like a few grey hairs , but only a few. Did anyone else noticed that? But you know what? It doesn't matter, Amanda is like the perfect woman, even though she's...24 years older than me, jeez, she certainly doesn't look it. My parents started getting grey hairs in their 30's. But, Amanda still looks in better shape then some people do in their 30's.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          ...so when she came back in the episodes Small Victories...which was the beginning of season 4...why did she cut her hair so short in the episode BtS....which was later in the season???...I think that's why I question why her hair is always so short and if there was an opportunity to let it grow.

Rocky...loved your review on AoT but still doesn't quite answer the question as to why Sam is smiling in that pic...not that I'm worried coz she's just gorgeous and lights up the room with her smile!
                          I tend to get sick in the tummy too when nervous or worried...especially when visiting family...go figure!!

I loved reading your catch up posts...that's patience for you...I would have given up!! WTG Rocky!!!
                          Thanks for the good words Chelle. I think her hair was longer in S4 of SG-1 because her hair was already almost just as long in Nemesis at the end of S3. Plus her hair was still collar length, so it was still acceptable. Besides she looked so cute with that hair: Cute Amanda
                          I'm glad you liked my AoT, and the reason Sam was smiling was because they
                          Spoiler:
                          had finally defeated the Ori.
                          And yeah, her smile always lights up the room. I really loved her big smile when she gave Cam his macaroons. Like I said above, that was more Amanda than Sam. BTW, I don't think I would have given up, but all I could think about how long it would have taken me, but your right, the patience was so major. Hey, at least it gave me something to do for March break, and it gave me time to spend here and talk about Amanda .

I love LitS...and the fact that Sam gets whumped and tortured and it's shown on the telly is in my humble opinion a good thing in that it shows no indifference to Sam as a character and soldier just because she's a woman...I love that...she gets as good as she gives...and I don't think Sam or Amanda would want it any other way!
                          Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                          I do!! LITS is probably my favorite episode. Or one of the top five, at least.
                          I agree, LitS was a great way to see how Sam would spend her final moments, and what things she would talk about. But have you seen Off the Grid? The team had been captured, tied to a bench, but then the bad guys started hitting Cam, which I thought was a little funny since he kinda had it coming. Then after another scene, we come back to the team, and they're all bloody including Sam. I could not believe they hit her, she's a woman for crying out loud . Of course we never actually see them hit her, but still. And we cut to another scene, come back, and she's even more bloody and bruised, along with the other guys. I mean we've seen her get smack around before, like in Death Knell, but I've never seen her get beaten with the other guys. I mean she was all sweaty, dirty and bloody. And why didn't Cam, Daniel or Teal'c say something about hitting a woman? If Jack was there he would have done something, we would have probably made a threating joke. But like I said before we only saw the Cam, and Daniel get hit, not her, probably since it's a PG rated show. here's some screen-caps from that episode to show you what I mean-

First time we see them tied up-

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2839.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2847.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2854.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2856.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2857.html

Second time we see them tied up-

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2964.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2965.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2971.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-2987.html
                          http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...9x16-3044.html

They're too big to make caps.

Here here!!! And here's to more fun with Helen Magnus and Amanda Tapping in all her adventures!!
                          I like what you saying here. I'm looking forward to seeing Amanda in her adventures as Helen Magnus. Yo, wouldn't it be awesome if in one episode her, or someone made a Stargate or Carter reference.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          This gives me an idea for what Sam will do next. She should have her 20 years in right? Maybe she retires off-world.

Question for y'all.....If she did retire, which planet would she go to?
                          You know...I don't think I know of any other show where it continues to pull in an audience the way SG1 does, after it's been cancelled. It just continues to gain new fans...particularly young ones...it's awesome!!

Earth...can't imagine Sam wanting to be anywhere but on earth when she retires!!!
                          I'm also glad the show and Sam are still gaining fans after all this time, I mean we've met a few of those new fans here. I only wish the power of the SG-1 fans were strong enough to bring back the show, like the Jericho fans brought back that show. Everytime I see that I think "That should be SG-1" but at least fans fought to keep it on for 10 years.

As for Sam retiring, I also can't imagine her anywhere else but earth, but I'm sure there's lots of planets she would like to visit. Jack was thinkng of retiring on Argos, maybe Sam would visit P3X 595, and maybe they'll remember her there .

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                          Hey Rocky... Please put the quotes from me in your 1st post above back in spoiler tags. the one talking about Sam's final scene with Rodney and the part she played in TLM It should be [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) and then the first of the message and then [ /spoiler ] (again without the spaces) at the very end of my post.

Thanks! That way those that haven't see TLM will not be spoiled.
                          No problem, I just hope not to much damage was done.

I agree with your comments too And it doesn't matter how late you start watching Stargate. A fan is still a fan. That's why there are reruns and DVD's I watched most scifi shows.
                          Thanks for the talk, but even now I sometimes think back to 1997 and I try to think of my life at the time, and I think “Wow, has it really been that long?" I would see clips of the show here and there, but I never really gave it too much thought since I was little. I even think back 98-07, and I try to think where I was at the time and what my life was like, I even try to think about important dates of mine, and I try to think about what was going on with the show at the same time. And I realize something, I was still elementary school when this show was on, I saw the final episode of Seinfeld when SG-1 was in it's 1st or 2nd season, I graduated from elementary school when the show was in it's 7th season, my cousin was born a year before Olivia and so on. Occasionally, I also think about the cast and how they were like at the time. Heck, I even sometimes think of my life before the show even started, and wonder where the cast was at time. So even though I never really watched the show when it was on, it's still been a big part of my life . But hey, I'm glad I'm here now, and at least we all have the reruns and DVD's. Who else here kinda feels the way I do?

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                          Of course I would! Hive ships, cruisers, darts, Goa'uld motherships, even that little moon that was the equivalent of hell. Anything at all for our Sam!!!!

Kudos to Amanda for bringing such life to an amazing character and Sanctuary is just the next step! Here's to 11 amazing years of Sam Carter!!!!

Great post, and yeah, I would do whatever it would take to save her life, as would most people here I hope. Hell, Goa'uld, Ori, or Wraith, or even that moon that was the equivilant of hell. It doesn't matter, I would take them all on, either on their ships or wherever, and I'd do it all for her

And yes, here's to 11+ years of an amazing character, whom without Amanda, would never have been as special

Great job Rocky! You really helped show how totally truly AWESOME Sam/Amanda is!!!*double thumbs up* (((HUGS)))
                          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i think you're sweet. (((rocky)))
                          Thank you both, that means a lot to me. I don't do it for rep, I don't do it for fame, I do it because I love coming here taking to you guys, and talking about Amanda/Sam. And I don't show how truly AWESOME Sam/Amanda is, she does that herself, along with you guys. YAY. (((Hugs back)))

(To Be Continued)

Comment

Part 2:

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                            But really, Amanda at the beach in a bathing suit laying on her blanket!

But imagine Thor seeing her Femme Fatal pics

Bwaaaahhhaaaaa!!!! I love that "boy line" hilarious!
                            ughhh... scarred for life!!!
                            Thanks for that guys, after I wrote that I waited to see who would say what about that. But seriously, who wouldn't do that after seeing Amanda at the beach? Also, who here has actually her seen her Femme Fatal pics? Believe it or not, but I actually found them by accident, I'm not joking. And when I did, was pretty much like all the boys up there, moslty Jack and Thor .

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                            It will take me hours to catch up here but I just skimmed past couple pages and see the great discussion on TLM which I've not yet seen. I did know about Sam's heroics though. So Carterific to let her have that big moment. Some of you mention it as her "swan song" and farewell to Stargate but, didn't they complete filming of S4 before Amanda made her decision? I guess not from what you all have been writing. So, if she really did know that she was leaving the show, it makes it all the more powerful and poignant. SAM ROCKS!
                            Ouch, I know what spending hours catching up is like, believe me . I'm proud of her for doing what she had to do, and it just reminds us all that this is the Carter we've all known and loved these past 11 years. BTW, I found this music vid on Youtube, about Sam's final moments, and I thought it was wonderful, it really shows heroism to her character. I hope you guys like it:

Stargate: Atlantis The Last Man: Sam and the Phoenix

I haven't gone back far enough here to see what was said about AOT - I watched it last night and did not like being hit over the head again with Cam as "leader" and "commander" of the Odyssey. And his whumping at the end really seemed too over the top - where's equal-opportunity whump for Sam, eh?! Right, Strix? Being a shipper, I did not appreciate the tender kiss on Cam's cheek at the end either. What was THAT about?! The macaroons I could understand and nice recall. But the need to give him a kiss? Maybe AT thought it was sweet and added it as sisterly/friendly but it seemed like Cam treated it as something more - shippy? I like BB as an actor but the whole way that Cam was brought in for S9 leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I still regret that Sam Carter never got the respect and proper arc for her return. At least she gets to go out with guns blazing in SGA as a hero in TLM.
                            I really loved AOT and I thought the fight Cam had with Marrick was cool, but it sorta seemed to go on forever. As for Sam's equal-opportunity, I think this was more a Daniel and Vala, and Ori story-- Obviously. I think will see more of her in Continuum, aswell as O'Neill.

Grace was one of my favorite eppies. AT won an acting award for that one and deserved it. I think Amanda interpreted the little girl as her inner child/subconscious too. Didn't she say that in an interview? The need to play and lighten up and, by playing, her right brain found the solution her left brain was desperately seeking ... Jeez, let me bow out now before I start sermonizing about Jung and the mysteries of the mind, eh?!
                            Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                            I don't post in here much, even though Sam is my all time favorite character. But I have to join in on this 'Grace' discussion.

I think she was what could be if Sam and Jack were to get together. I remember reading an interview of AT where she said that she thought that Grace might have been Sam's daughter. Of course, her inner chill is also a good one. I think both could work.
                            Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            RE: Grace

I think all three theories are true. The entire episode was about Sam examining herself and her relationships/life.

The little girl:
                            1. Reminded Sam of herself as a little girl and the joy to be had in simple things like blowing bubbles. It also made her remember the wonders of such simple things that had led to her interest in science.
                            2. Reawakened her inner child and reminded her of the need to relax and have fun.
                            3. Represented the child she could have if she stepped back from work and paid some attention to her personal life.

At different points throughout the ep, I believe she respresented each of these aspects.
                            I fully agree with all 3 of you.

I'm glad Amanda won a Leo award for the episode, she also won 2 for ascension and Threads, which she also deserved. When I first saw Grace, I thought it was unique and dfferent, because it was new and interesting, and I'll tell you all why, but before I do, I have to say one thing. Padme18, come by here more often, there's loads of Amanda/Sam love here, now about what I thought about Grace:

For once in this show she seems to actually be affraid of something. you never see Sam look affraid. Sometimes you would think that she is the most brave member of the team. She does not panic, she does not show fear, she does not let anybody know what she is thinking so everything is locked up inside. But now we see all her fears. I thik it kinda makes her more believeable, considering she is a woman who is in love who is not allowed to be in love, she always tries to make everyone think that she can handle anything, which most of the time she does, but there are times when stress might raise it's ugly head, but not often. I liked this episode so much because she became a normal woman with normal fears and she played it so well. The Little girl in the show was a puzzle for me for a while, but to me that had to be a symbol of Carter when she was a little girl. This whole episode gave us a new veiw of Samantha Carter, and it let us know that there were new things to come. I really think S7 opened her up a lot, and gave us a depper look into her human side. Bravo Amanda BTW, where was this AT interview for the ep?

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            do'h...this has got to be my equally most favorite as well as most hated "Sam moment"

Out of the 10 seasons, I must have at least 7 on my ipod. I even have the original Stargate movie and a few Atlantis eps where Sam shined her finest. Gonna upload the Ark of Truth sometime this week hopefully.

I'm usually on the go and since I hate waiting in doctor's offices and the like with nothing to keep my mind busy, my ipod has become a true friend....and I get my daily dose of Sam no matter where I am!
                            I guess I can see what you mean, A lot of people would probably consider that their most favorite as well as most hated "Sam moment". It's brave, selfless, and heroic, yet very sad and alone that the same time. Yo, you're so lucky to have the original Stargate movie, 7 seasons of SG-1, a few eps of SGA, and probably by now AOT. I really want to get a video ipod so I can watch them whenever I want, and/or where ever I go. If you don't mind me asking, how long, and how much did it cost to do that with your ipod?

Oh, and I 100% agree with you about the doctor's office. Yesterday I want to a clinic because I was super sick-- oh my God, I it was full of people, and I was waiting to be checked out for like a 2 hours, I thought I was going to go CRAZY!!! . I kept going to the bathroom to lie down. I kept thinking "Call my name, call my name." I really could ahve used a Stargate ipod, unstead I was carefully watching episodes in my head. The doc gave me a vaccine, but what I really needed was a health dose of Sam-medicine

Talk about ubber posting! Nice job Rocky! I always love coming into this thread and seeing your 'to be continued' posts. They always make me smile. I can definitely tell your a die-hard Samandan.
                            Thanks for saying you love coming here to read my 'to be continued' posts, and I'm glad they make you smile. Hey, I also love doing them, I probably wouldn't have to if I had my lap-top, I could get things done easier and faster. Yep, I'd like to think I'm a die-hard Samandan, I mean look at Amanda/Sam, I've got lots of inspiration. If it weren't for her, I don't think my super long post would be as good as they are .

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Been busy so I'm way behind.

Sally, my concern with making Sam the commander of the SGC is that move will largely reduce her to a supporting role in future SG1 movies much like her reduced role in SGA. Unless they play with the timing and pretend all movies predate her time in Atlantis.
                            You're so behind, how do you think I feel? By the time I'm done, I'll have grey hairs . Anyway

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            my thoughts on 'ark of truth'

first off, as a sam fan, this movie disappointed me, but only in that she wasn't in it enough. i'd been warned, though, so at least i had that going in.

sam was good in the movie. she should have had more to do, but i do remember that amanda was filming the two movies back-to-back and also filming atlantis. amanda really needs to clone herself.

the sam-mitchell infirmary scene was cute.
                            Nice review, not as big as mine, but still good--just kidding. Even though Amanda didn't have a major role as she does in the series, it was great seeing our Sam back again. I really missed her, but like I said before, she'll probably have a bigger role in continuum. The sam-mitchell infirmary scene was so cute, I tottally loved Amanda's faces in that scene. Oh, and your right about Amanda being busy doing Atlantis, and the 2 movies, I can imagine how tiring it all must have been for her. And yeah, she really does need to clone herself or make another robot of Sam, but can we have more than 1 clone, but I get the original . I mean the more the merrier.

With a little Carter, anything is possible

i'm *very* glad this didn't turn out to be the daniel-vala movie! *that* is what i was afraid of, even though the storyline did focus on them more because cooper wrote the ori storyline only for them. the stargate movie was about jack and daniel and the goauld, but the stargate series incorporated sam and teal'c into the goauld storyline as well. this is what cooper should have done with the ori storyline.

role on continuum''!!
                            sally
                            Even if Sam and Teal'c were incorporated into the show, they're still a major important part of the franchise, and that'll never change.

(To Be Continued one more time)

Comment

Last one, Part 3:

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                              Some very pretty spoiler pics of Sam

Spoiler:

My god, she is so incredibly beautiful, I loved her smiles, jokes, and facial expressions. I'm so glad Amanda made AOT Sam more of herself, and by the looks of this pic, it seems she making Continuum Sam more of Helen Magnus-

Spoiler:
                              VS

Who do you think would win?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                              Hey Samandans

Was playing a little in photoshop and made a bunch of Sam and 'gate icons. There are quite a few from AoT but they don't explode with spoilers.

Preview:

Follow the JELLO to see the rest
                              Wow, you my friend are on artist I like these 3 the best:

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Christmas will come in July this year with the release of Continuum and season 4 of Atlantis (at least for those in North America). What more could you want for Christmas than more ? Although for those of us lucky enough to go to AT3, it will come in May. What is better than meeting Amanda?
                              You guys are so lucky to be able to go to AT3, or go to any other Amanda appearance. The fans who went to Avalon, the Stargate cons, or the AT's are so lucky. Speaking of which, has anyone here been to Avalon? You know the convention Amanda and Richard went to. But at least I'm going to get Continuum and season 4 of Atlantis when the came out. I was going to wait until Atlantis ended so I could by the complete series on DVD like I did with SG-1, but since S4 is Sams's season, I'll make an exception. Oh Amanda my dear, the things I do for you .

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                              [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]*thinks out loud*

- Avalon - when she's on the vid monitor to Cam
                              - Beachhead - she does this big cute smile when Landry turns round on the phone to Jack and she's already standing there.
                              - Ripple Effect - I'm sure she smiles when she sees alt!martouf
                              - Crusade - when she realises Daniel is Vala
                              - Camelot - when she's in space by the supergate
                              - Insiders has quite a few - both smirks and smiles
                              - 200 - directly after the wedding scene
                              I really like those ideas, and if it's not to late, how about this one, I like.

Classic Sam:
                              Spoiler:

Do you see the resemblance between Sam and the smile icon?

This gem is from Uninvited:

- Road not Taken has a few - 'do not enter force shield active' comes to mind but there are others in there as well.
                              Now that's a beautiful shot of her. I was watching an episode of S3 the other day, and I noticed how great looking teeth she has, that's what makes her smile so bright .

Yeah, it's right around the part where Cam calls her Mary Poppins
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...e_grid065.html

Love that pic. That was right after she kicked Teal'c's @$$ at poker, right??
                              I love that moment, and all the other moments she was in that dress. Right Thor?

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              I just came in here, to show off my new sig, it makes me happy. I've made 2 more this afternoon, maybe I'll make you one tonight (maybe something similar as I made for myself). Could you please PM me? I've got the pending sigrequests in my PMbox.
                              WOW That is an awesome/beautiful sig of Amanda. You've really captured her true beauty and light. Very well done.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Ginormous is a small word in comparison with this pooch. Oh wow!

Lovely...just lovely! The rainbow effect is just beautiful.

Hey! Congrats on getting an awesome grade on your essay! You have a fantastic teacher who sounds like she really knows her stuff if she lets her students write about what they love.

Oh my..I absolutely love this one!

http://pics.livejournal.com/pengyn/pic/000fc83g

Do you mind terribly if I snurched it? I'd of course give you all the credit for it.

Heck yeah! I'm not going to AT3 this year (come on AT4!) but the vid Continuum coming out in July will be enough reason to celebrate.
                              I agree the rainbow effect is beautiful, that is like a flawless sig. Hey you what, speaking of AT3, you guys should take some art work the you've all made of Amanda and take it to AT3 to show her. I bet she'd be really happy to see how much time and effort you guys put into making art like this.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hey everyone,

I missed you all yesterday, I finally got to see TLM on Friday....

TLM spoilers...
                              Spoiler:
                              oh it was a hard ep to watch, poor Sam, she was so brave. I was so proud of her, I know that probably sounds silly because she's only a character but I had a lump in my throat watching our Sam was back! I don't know though if Sam's safe yet, will the reset work? I don't think I could handle Sam dying permanently. I got a bit sad when I saw the credits, knowing this would be the last time we'd see Amanda's name on the regular cast list for a SG series. But I guess things and people have to move on eh
                              Oh Julia, I know exactly how you feel. I still haven't seen the ep yet, but when I was just reading about what happened to her in the episode, I was totally shocked. Like you, I had a lump in my throat, and I just zoned out everything around me. Even though, I haven't really seen it, I'm still very proud of her for what she did, because that's the Sam Carter we know. And don't worry; it's not silly at all to be worried about a "TV character". Because in these past 11 years she's become so much more than that, she's become a symbol of hope, love, strength and courage. She's been a role-model, and idol, and a friend to so many, so I guarantee you, so many other feel the same way you do. I also hope John can make that reset work, if he can, he'll be moved up higher to "Favorite character's list" I mean, I already like him, but you know what I mean. And wouldn't be awesome and right, if Jack had a hand in saving her/making the reset work? And yeah, it's hard to believe that after 11 years in the opening credits of a SG series, she's reached her end, but at least we'll still have the Stargate movies. Wow, she is officially the queen of the Stargate world, while O'Neill is the King. I hope I cheered you up, and here's a Sam vid I like to watch when I miss her:

Ten Years of Sam Carter

Oh Rocky that would be a dream come true, I think I would try to keep my mind on my job until we were finished the performance and once its over, I'd go to her (probably crying) and tell her she was the one who gave me the confidence to follow my dream, then if I had been performing on stage in whatever play Amanda had come to see, I'd have to ask her if I was any good at acting LOL, do you think she'd tell the truth?

And BTW, I love reading your long catch-ups
                              That's so sweet, thanks for sharing that, I can believe you'd be crying going up to her, and I'm sure she'd be really happy to hear that she's the reason you and so many others our following their dreams. And could you imagine if she brought Olivia with her, wow. But tell me, what would you do if one day you did a theatre show with her, or if someway wonderful, you could be a guest on sanctuary? I can just imagine.

I think like others have said, I think Grace is Sam's inner child, which up until that point Sam kept her locked away deep inside herself, I think Grace allowed Sam to think in the simplest terms while on the ship but I also think Grace holds a lot of painful emotions and memories that adult Sam won't allow herself to feel or think about.

And yay for the new pup chelle

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              I agree about the everything you said about Grace. Oh, and Congrats chelle on the new pup. When I was reading it, I actually thought you were talking about a baby, and I was like "whoa, when did this happen?

Oh, hey guys, do you remember a little while back I posted a thing here from Amazon saying that AOT was ranked #1 in the bestsellers? I said a 3rd movie may not be too far, well now I've found some new great news that heeps the hope alive and strong. Check out these sites, Enjoy:

The Numbers

Ark of Truth: DVD Sales

Top DVD Sales

PS: I'm going to be busy making catching up, and making those long catch-up posts, so could you guys maybe slow down your activity here. If you guys can that'd be awesome. Thanks bye.

Comment

Hey, what have I done to deserve that

*sits back with some popcorn and watches..

So how about that Amanda Tapping lady. Is she the coolest or what?
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X