Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    no, it only FEELS like 500 during Gabit week
    LOL! Yeah well round about now I feel about 499. Am up to my proverbial ears, eyes and hips with AT3 work every evening and at weekends, but have taken a small teeny weeny time off to have a birthday meal with the family cooked by my daughter, washed down with some nice red vino!

Thanks for all your wonderful wishes here and on the Gabit Attendee thread. Can't wait to see you all in May!!! Not long now......gulp....

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      LOL! Yeah well round about now I feel about 499. Am up to my proverbial ears, eyes and hips with AT3 work every evening and at weekends, but have taken a small teeny weeny time off to have a birthday meal with the family cooked by my daughter, washed down with some nice red vino!

Thanks for all your wonderful wishes here and on the Gabit Attendee thread. Can't wait to see you all in May!!! Not long now......gulp....

Julia
      G4
      Been there, done that.
      Eastercon in 1995 (800 attendees?) A Filkcon (in 1992) and helping at UK Worldcons. Hard work, even while it's fun.
      Don't forget to enjoy yourself too.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday JuliaR!

Glad you were able to take some time off to enjoy your day with family

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Is it too soon to start speculating on what Sam will be doing after she leaves Atlantis? (Serious or not so serious speculation)
          I just remember the fun we had with the CarterCopter....

ex) Here's a thought: Sam is given a mission to find the remnants of the Asgard civilization after Thor sneaks her a message that they're really not all dead.
          Well if Thor snuck her the message, he also snuck....

Spoiler:
          her, his room key
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Is it too soon to start speculating on what Sam will be doing after she leaves Atlantis? (Serious or not so serious speculation)

ex) Here's a thought: Sam is given a mission to find the remnants of the Asgard civilization after Thor sneaks her a message that they're really not all dead.
            I'm all for bringing back the Asgard!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              'the last man' spoilers

Spoiler:
              as heroic and selfless as sam's act was -starting with her taking command of that ship- i really don't think she should have done it. i think she should have stayed commanding atlantis, because 'they' needed her more. if she really wanted that ship to go out sniper hunting, she should have sent someone else. or maybe she didn't *because* she knew it was basically a suicide mission? but then again, why do something like this when the benefits aren't good enough?

i believe sam's act was written because of the dramatic effects (and her death was the most highlighted), but logically, sam should have stayed protecting the city and trying to fight against what the IOA was doing. i think she could have accomplished 'more' in the long run...

((()))

did i ever mention i don't handle sam not living well?

SAM!!!

sally

I dunno
              Spoiler:
              Carter is a person of action. Maybe she tried the administrative thing and saw she was getting no where. The only way to really do something, was to get out there and do something. So thats what she did. I don't think she KNEW she was going to die, because thats not really an SG-1 way to think but I think she realized deep down it was a possiblity.

However, I think she asked herself, do I want to lose the war sitting at this desk until the IOA recall me (and they will as she wouldnt follow their most boneheaded orders) or do I want to get out there and go down swinging. She did spend a lot of time with Teal'c ya'know. She spent a lot of time with SG-1 getting out of the greatest of odds and making a difference.

Sitting at the desk is not Sam Carter. Basically building a ship so she can go out and smack down the enemy herself THAT is Sam Carter. Tech and Solider. AND not unlike Hammond helping them when they were taken by Hathor or like Hammond (the true hero of the battle of Antartica besides classic SG-1 and Bra'tec). She learned from the best and she took the action she thought was best for everyone.

The ep helped me a lot since the character had IMHO been weakend a bit in the last few years despite AT fighting for it to be otherwise. This was classic sam carter of SG-1 to me.

If she CHOOSES to make the same choice and leave Atlantis for command of the pheonix so she can get "back in the action" and "exploring the universe" then I will be happy with that development too. If they just kick her out of Atlantis to go back to being 2IC of SG-1 or working in humdrum Area 51 againm then I will be dissappointed...... I am expecting to be dissappointed, but then I wasnt expecting them to give her this "end" in this ep so maybe I will be pleasantly suprised
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                TLM

Spoiler:
                Yep, at the start when he was explaining it, I was saying "a mobile emitter? You got a mobile emitter?" So it didn't turn out to be a mobile emitter, but it was still seriously the Doctor. Like when he was saying that he wasn't programmed for that variable
                Spoiler:
                Hey, why exactly did he make Sheppard run all the way down to the "holographic projection room" if he could actually appear anywhere in Atlantis? Was this some sort of Hologram Mckay Joke? Or did they just need to kill time in the ep (see they killed EVERYTHING in that ep)?

Oh well back on topic. Sam Carter ROCKS!
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Spoiler:
                  her, his room key
                  Of course he did!!

Spoiler:
                  Because after months of living on Atlantis where there was all that water and no sand, plus living in Colorado for all those years, Sam wanted to go to the beach!

While laying on her blanket, the cabana boy comes over with a really cold, fruity drink with an umbrella and a key. He points to the next blanket over and there is Thor winking!

Even though he was so much older, Thor just couldn't help himself after seeing Sam in her bathing suit. Dirty, old man he is

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
                    Good afternoon bump up for Sam!

Just sayin', she belongs on top!
                    she may, but you can't bump. Post something - anything - else but a simply bump message
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Spoiler:
                      her, his room key
                      oooohhh, teal'c is gonna be maaadddddd

sigpic

Comment

I am rewatching clips for my Stargate school project and just happened upon this awesome Heroes one. Heroes
                        Amanda is absolutly amazing in this episode, especially when she is yelling at the cameraman. She shows Sam's grief over Janet and her worry about Jack so well that it makes me cry everytime I see it. Her speech at the end was absolutly priceless. I can't believe they killed Janet, but I think it was the best possible way that could have done it.

Okay, I'm gonna go watch it again and cry some more.
                        sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
                        I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
                        Danielle

Comment

sam was pissed...and boy o boy did we see it

she's never really lost her temper before or since

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Hey, why exactly did he make Sheppard run all the way down to the "holographic projection room" if he could actually appear anywhere in Atlantis? Was this some sort of Hologram Mckay Joke? Or did they just need to kill time in the ep (see they killed EVERYTHING in that ep)?

Oh well back on topic. Sam Carter ROCKS!
                            Spoiler:
                            Didn't Shep have to turn it on there first? Can't quite remember...

Comment

Originally posted by vball2003_1999 View Post
                              I am rewatching clips for my Stargate school project and just happened upon this awesome Heroes one. Heroes
                              Amanda is absolutly amazing in this episode, especially when she is yelling at the cameraman. She shows Sam's grief over Janet and her worry about Jack so well that it makes me cry everytime I see it. Her speech at the end was absolutly priceless. I can't believe they killed Janet, but I think it was the best possible way that could have done it.

Okay, I'm gonna go watch it again and cry some more.
                              That's gotta be one of my favorite Sam scenes from either series. I thought Jack had died and thought it reasonable that she would be crying. But when we found out it was Janet it wasn't much better. Sam doesn't have too many friends, and she lost her closet one. Now I want to watch Heroes again.

Amanda's always done emotion well in my opinion, and this one is top notch: anger, grief and sorrow all in one!

Comment

'the last man'

well, you mean *besides* her jack/hubby or about-to-get-married-to-jack time?

i've always quite liked the idea of her commanding her own ship,
                                Spoiler:
                                but after 'the last man', i'm scared!!

but whatever it is, i DON'T want her just returning to sg1! going from commanding an entire base to being just some member of someone else's team is major downgrading! i don't mind if she'd return, but only on loan because she's got bigger and better deals going on.

maybe put her in charge of upgrading all the new ships that'll have asgard tech put in? or commanding the sgc.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X