Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O´Neill View Post
    Well i like Sam wearing the Woodland and Desert Camouflage, looks great...

@ JasminaGo
    Your Sig looks great.
    Do you did those icons on it?
    I really like them,...do you have a link for them, or someting
    I didn't make the icons in that sig, but I have made lots and lots of Sam and Amanda icons. Couple of links to my PB account, feel free to snurch, but don't hotlink.

Stuck
    Sam/Amanda
    Boobies
    Space Race
    Link to ALL my icons with subfolders on the left
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
      aww, that's sweet.

Just wondering, who here watches Sancturary?(need I ask?) I'm gonna buy the eps and I was just wondering on people's opinions and stuff.

G'night!...er....very early morning....? it's about 5 am for me
      I've only seen the first four webisodes but thought they were very good. You should definitely check it out.

Movie Central and its eastern counterpart (can't recall the name) have picked up Santuary. Hopefully we'll see it this fall.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Sorry for the double post but we're on page 2 for cryin' out loud!

I was watching the special features from the complete box set again recently. It includes a director's special on Amanda's episode Resurrection. I loved it that the crew gave her a gift, a hat that said "Obey me".

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey everyone, great news. I just found out that AOT is #1 at Amazon.
          You all know what that means right? A 3rd movie may not be too far away

Here's where I found it- AOT#1 at Amazon

And at Amazon itself- Amazon - The Ark of Truth

Go Stargate!!!

Congratulations to the crew, and especially the cast!!!

Oh, I'm still working on my big multi-post

PS: Hey look at that, I'm finally ready to take a human host. Thanks guys for all the rep.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateGoddess View Post
            I love Sanctuary, all the characters are great and it's wonderful to see Amanda Tapping in a different role, she hides Sam so well but there are moments in which we are reminded of her. I have always seen Sam as strong, intelligent and a wonderful role model for a society where blondes are seen as not smart, how wrong we were. I have all the Sanctuary eps for the first season and i guarantee fans of AT will not be disappointed, i would recomend that those who can watch should, it's not without flaws but it definately has it's moments. A must for all AT fans.
            Um, forgive me, but how can you have the entire first season when the show hasn't even started production yet? I'm confused. But that's not unusual.
            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Sorry for the double post but we're on page 2 for cryin' out loud!

I was watching the special features from the complete box set again recently. It includes a director's special on Amanda's episode Resurrection. I loved it that the crew gave her a gift, a hat that said "Obey me".
              Hehehe...I love that directors special *g* I wish she had had the chance to direct more on Stargate because I think she did a really good job and the hat rocked!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Go Stargate!!!

PS: Hey look at that, I'm finally ready to take a human host. Thanks guys for all the rep.
              Woohoo! Go AOT *dances happily*

Heh....I was working in a t shirt today at work and got sunburned quite impressively *illuminates thread with her glow*
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                Hey everyone. I'm somewhat new to Gateworld and thought I'd say (or type) hi. I love Sam and I'm a huge SJ shipper, but that's another thread.
                Here's some pics from Ark of Truth for your entertainment.

Spoiler:

Welcome Krissie to Samanda!

Thanks for the caps too! Can't wait to get my copy of AoT!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Sam withdrawal cure for me:

DVDs
                SciFi channel's re-airing of episodes (when I can catch them)

Samanda (& the Team thread where we're re-watching the seasons in an orderly fashion)
                hehe...I'm starting to get a bit of withdrawal too. Over the summer I watched all ten seasons from start to finish. Perhaps it's time to start again. I seem to have lots of time on my hands now.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                I didn't make the icons in that sig, but I have made lots and lots of Sam and Amanda icons. Couple of links to my PB account, feel free to snurch, but don't hotlink.

Stuck
                Sam/Amanda
                Boobies
                Space Race
                Link to ALL my icons with subfolders on the left
                Awesome icons! I especially loved the Boobie ones. Couldn't resist opening that link first and gazing at AT in all her loveliness. Thanks for sharing!

Go Stargate!!!

YAY! Go Stargate! woo! I preordered my copy this afternoon from Amazon so I am eagerly awaiting for its arrival soon.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll check out the first few weps of Sancurary on YouTube and definetly buy the rest! From what y'all have said, it sounds great! can't wait to see AT in a new role.
                  Hey everyone. I'm somewhat new to Gateworld and thought I'd say (or type) hi. I love Sam and I'm a huge SJ shipper, but that's another thread.

Spoiler:

Thanks, and Welcome Krissie!

also, Welcome to GW, StargateGoddess!!!

Go Stargate!!!

Here here! I can't wait for AOT, I've got a poster for it up in my room! Over all the years, ALL the strgate cast and crew members ahve done OUTSTANDING jobs at making our lives that much more exciting, and with this new #1 ranking, maybe we will get another movie... who knows? *wink wink nudge nudge*
                  --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

hehe...I'm starting to get a bit of withdrawal too. Over the summer I watched all ten seasons from start to finish. Perhaps it's time to start again. I seem to have lots of time on my hands now.
                    I really don't have time on my hands, but like the true addict I am, I can't stay away from SG1 and Samanda.
                    I'm jckfan and I'm a Sam-aholic.
                    I am enjoying the bliss that is Samantha... and Jack...and Teal'c and Daniel...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I really don't have time on my hands, but like the true addict I am, I can't stay away from SG1 and Samanda.
                      I'm jckfan and I'm a Sam-aholic.
                      I am enjoying the bliss that is Samantha... and Jack...and Teal'c and Daniel...
                      LOL, do we need an intervention?

Okay jckfan, go forth and watch Foothold, that should hold you over for a while

Or better yet....Hathor, then you get kick-butt soldier Sam and a shirtless Jack
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        LOL, do we need an intervention?

Okay jckfan, go forth and watch Foothold, that should hold you over for a while

Or better yet....Hathor, then you get kick-butt soldier Sam and a shirtless Jack

Next thing you know you'll be a shipper using this as a plot bunny*. (Not that that's a bad thing.)

suse
                        ducking

* Mandy is a Polar Bear.
                        Last edited by suse; 01 March 2008, 07:39 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Was over on myspace today and found a couple of things on their Offical MySpace Stargate page.

Here is a new wall for Ark of Truth

Plus they have an Ark of Truth widget that has pictures and video clips from Ark Of Truth - for those of you that do not have a myspace page I posted the widget on my blog and you can check it out HERE
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            Ha ha! For all those yearning for crazy fic involving millipedes - TA DA!!!! Meh....it's 2am...what's a girl to do?
                            I found out today that I got accpeted into the University course I wanted - and I start on Tuesday! AAAAAAAAAAAH! It's a degree in Digital Film and Television production....what do ya reckon my chances are of getting a job on Sanctuary?
                            What? A girl can dream, right?
                            Yay!! Thank you Charlie...those ficlets were brilliant!!! ...2am??...must be something in the air around here...I find it hard to sleep before 2am too!!!
                            Congratulations on your uni placement...that's awesome...which uni??
                            Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                            well, as you know, Continuum is
                            Spoiler:
                            about a screwed up timeline, so even if they do kill him off, they can always bring him back again once everything is set to rights. and then maybe Sam will give him a big kiss because she'll be so relieved that he's alive. runs away and hides behind Chelle from the polar bears

Does anyone know if Amanda knows how to ride? I saw a video of her at a con where she said she did, but it was quick, so i may have misunderstood her.
                            I'll protect you from the polar bears Bekah!!...just stick with me and you should be ok...I hope!!
                            Amanda does know how to ride...that much I do know!
                            Joe's Blog for Feb 28:
                            (re his previous mention of saying goodbye to Amanda)
                            Q: is this really goodbye? a while ago you said there's a chance to bring her back for 1/2 episode(s) in the back half. have things changed?
                            A: It's only goodbye insofar as she's no longer a regular on the show. She will definitely be back on Atlantis.
                            Ha!!! I told ya!!!! Yeehaa...I said she'd be back for more...woohoo...2 episodes indeed...I'm jumping around and the kids think I've lost it...yep...I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!!
                            Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            It's not a bad movie at all. It was so weird seeing Amanda's character jumping on a security guys back and asking her boyfriend to "hit him". That's when I really realised that I wasn't watching Sam. If it were Sam, then she'd have been the one kicking the security guards @55.
                            The only thing I question about it is the end of it. The good guys leg is hurt and Amanda's character has to push him out of a building in a wheelchair to escape from this...
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../Explosion.jpg
                            ...and they survive?! A little implausible maybe? But forgiveable. It *is* Sci-Fi after all. Not Sci-Fact.
                            Yeah...if we go into the physics of that explosion...they should be dust...but I loved watching Amanda!!
                            Originally posted by O´Neill View Post
                            BTW: There were some similarities to Stargate.
                            The Photo of her,...yes a mirror image...^^
                            Her Car,...the silver Volvo..., it was in Stargate too,...is this Amandas real car?
                            And in the final szene..., where her boyfriend try to shut down the system,...its the hangar of the Seberus from 7th Season episode "SPACE RACE"
                            Great to be here with all your...fans
                            Yep...it's Amanda's real car...although I'm betting by now she has a newer car...that was years ago remember...wouldn't surprise me if she got a wagon after Olivia was born...plenty of room for the baby and the dog!!!
                            As for other ways to keep Sam around? Well I suggest that fans suggest to Amanda that they'd develop a fourth spin-off Stargate series in which she'll be the central character. It'll be called Stargate: The Samantha Carter Chronicles. The main storyline will revolve around her because...well...there won't be any other characters. All she'd be required to do is just stay in a room and allow us to watch her in order to give us Sam fans our fix.
                            Well heck...if they can do it with Terminator...than they can do it with the Tappinator...I'd much rather watch that than the Sarah Connor Chronicles!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Stargate: The Samantha Carter Chronicles has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.
                              Nooooooo!!!!! Wait wait wait...I wasn't here to show interest...I'm interested!!!
                              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              cute fic link
                              http://sachi.arrr.net/blue.html
                              set after foothold, a very sleep deprived sam thinks...well sleep-deprivedly
                              sam and jack fondness type of warning applies
                              Yay...thank you Sky...and while I'm at it...thank you to all those who have posted links to other fics...thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
                              Originally posted by suse View Post
                              OT:
                              Zathras "Not the One" (from Babylon 5) was killed riding his bike in L.A.
                              I find it odd that they can ski, but not rock clinb. With ropes, rock climbing in infinitely safer.suse
                              Oh dear...I hadn't heard of that incident...how tragic.
                              I have found myself asking the same thing about skiing and the like...in fact I believe i may have actually posted something regarding that here not so long ago...but how bizarre that they can ski down a mountain and not ride a motor bike...but I guess you really can't wrap them up in cotton wool and expect them to stop enjoying life just because of a show...I'm wondering if it's because you are more likely to be killed in a motor bike accident than skiing on the slopes...sure you're highly likely to be hurt skiing...but there's a huge difference between hurt and dead!!
                              Just wondering, who here watches Sancturary?(need I ask?) I'm gonna buy the eps and I was just wondering on people's opinions and stuff.
                              Me!! Me!! I love Sanctuary....there is so much potential in each new webisode...I love the characters...especially Helen and Ashley...and Steve!!!!! I love Steve...my opinion on the show is that it's awesome...it's gonna be huge when it takes off on the tv...I can feel it in me bones!!!!!
                              Originally posted by StargateGoddess View Post
                              I had a poem about Samantha Carter published and it seems now after such a triumphant achievement that it is pointless in believeing there will be more to write about the charater who made my life a better place to survive in. I say no to losing Samantha Carter.
                              Sam should live Forever.
                              Sam and Jack should be Forever Together.
                              ...another shipper...yay...another penguin!!!!!!
                              That's a beautiful sentiment.
                              With your blessing StargateGoddess, I'd like to use that on my banner during my parade outside Bridge Studios. I hope to see you all there.
                              Yes it is a beautiful sentiment....uhm...what parade????
                              6) books
                              How stupid of me to forget my books....adding that to my list....once you have been bitten by the fanfic bug....you'll never look back!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              I wonder what it is she made for Cam???

Go Stargate!!!
                              Yay!!! That's awesome news...well done everyone at MGM and Stargate productions!!!
                              Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                              Um, forgive me, but how can you have the entire first season when the show hasn't even started production yet? I'm confused. But that's not unusual.
                              I'm betting she means that she's got the first 8 webisodes...which is kinda like the first season for the web based show...in a round about way...I think!!!
                              Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              :lol....are you sure you're a polar bear Mandy???...I'm thinking there's a hidden penguin deep down there!!
                              Originally posted by suse View Post
                              Next thing you know you'll be a shipper using this as a plot bunny*. (Not that that's a bad thing.)
                              suse
                              ducking
                              * Mandy is a Polar Bear.
                              ...are we sure that Mandy is a polar bear???....maybe she has a split personality??...what am I saying...this is Mandy we are talking about...twisted sister...in the most loving way of course...you know I still love ya right Mandy???
                              Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              Was over on myspace today and found a couple of things on their Offical MySpace Stargate page.
                              Here is a new wall for Ark of Truth
                              http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/tsaxlady/th_ArkofTruthWall.jpg
                              Plus they have an Ark of Truth widget that has pictures and video clips from Ark Of Truth - for those of you that do not have a myspace page I posted the widget on my blog and you can check it out HERE
                              Thank you tsax...uhm...whats a widget???

Gotta go do some quotes for hubby before he goes nuts...he no likey me on GW...he'd rather I watch mindless drabble on the telly while he snoozes on the couch...go figure!!!!
                              I'm so glad this weekend is finally over...I can't wait for June!!!
                              Night all, take care and have fun!!
                              (((Samanda)))
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey everyone,

Go Stargate!!!

Woohoo! WTG AoT! I haven't ordered my copy yet because I'm waiting to see which region has the best special features. is that bad of me?

Welcome Krissie!

also, Welcome to GW, StargateGoddess!!!

Ditto, welcome to Samanda!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X