Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    When did Galaxy Quest come out? Was it during Stargate SG1's timeframe?
    Yup. Amanda said they all found it very amusing.

If you've never seen it get it soon. It's a hoot. Especially if you know Star Trek: The Old ahemOriginal Series. There are a ton of in-jokes, but you can enjoy it without knowing them. They got the larger convention mentality dead-on.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
      I loved that part of Uninvited!
      Spoiler:
      She's got a good poker face and i loved how she stared down Teal'c and it was all on a bluff!!
      That end scene made that episode worth it! It was such a cute team moment. Sam's glee at winning made me so happy because it's a side we don't often get to see of her.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Yup. Amanda said they all found it very amusing.

If you've never seen it get it soon. It's a hoot. Especially if you know Star Trek: The Old ahemOriginal Series. There are a ton of in-jokes, but you can enjoy it without knowing them. They got the larger convention mentality dead-on.

suse
        I know, i was cracking up the whole way through! The first time i saw it was with a few friends and we all loved it! Now it's like our official movie to watch. *lol*

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post
        That end scene made that episode worth it! It was such a cute team moment. Sam's glee at winning made me so happy because it's a side we don't often get to see of her.
        Yeah, it was great! It was definetly a less-serious side of Sam than we've seen. I dunno if you've seen AOT yet (mine just came in the mail today!), but
        Spoiler:
        there's a moment at the end where Sam visits Cam in the infirmary. After they have alittle chit chat she puts a brown bag on his bed and is about to leave when he asks her what's init. And Sam gets all giggly and excited cuz she baked him some macaroons! LOL!!! I don't have my caps ready yet, but when i do, i'll post 'em. It's a sweet sceme between those two, but just as friends. It's nice to see that relaxed side of Sam every now and then.
        --Kate

Comment

I know, i was cracking up the whole way through! The first time i saw it was with a few friends and we all loved it! Now it's like our official movie to watch. *lol*
          Yeah, a friend watched it with her parents... They took the movie home with them. And years later still watch it occasionally. The thing is, I don't believe they are science fiction fans.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Spoiler:
            In Moebius (Part 2), the Daniel Jackson stranded in 3000 BC told the alternate timeline Jack, Sam, and Teal'c that the SG-1 that we'd been watching since Season 1 had been executed so there's another occasion when Sam's been killed albeit on this occasion it was off-screen. That means that the Jack, Sam, Daniel, & Teal'c we've been watching after Season 8 are actually alternate time line versions. Of course you wouldn't know it. The only difference is that this SG-1 never went on the mission to 3000 BC to get the ZPM.

Sam was also killed in the Season 1 episode The Nox.
            i'm going to keep this in spoilers, because it relates to 'the last man' basically.

Spoiler:
            sam was also killed in 'entity'. i'd call it that, because her *body* was basically existing on life support. her soul was in the computer... very interesting concept too. too bad the writers never took off on that idea and had sam suffering the effects of sensory deprivation.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post
              yeah, that little scene at the end of uninvited made the whole eps worth while...that and the couple of sam/vala scenes
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                Yeah, a friend watched it with her parents... They took the movie home with them. And years later still watch it occasionally. The thing is, I don't believe they are science fiction fans.

suse
                Really? One of my friends who's never really liked scifi just became a stargate atlantis fan cuz i introduced her. Now she's asking about SG-1 too.....
                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i'm going to keep this in spoilers, because it relates to 'the last man' basically.

Spoiler:
                sam was also killed in 'entity'. i'd call it that, because her *body* was basically existing on life support. her soul was in the computer... very interesting concept too. too bad the writers never took off on that idea and had sam suffering the effects of sensory deprivation.

sally
                That would be interesting! Too bad they droped it

G'night y'all, i've gotta get up early for my flight tomorrow. newxt time i pop in it'll be from sunny florida!
                *hugs all around*
                --Kate

Comment

JM posted a new pic of Sam on his blog today. It's in spoilers since it's for season 5. It's cropped.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

My copy of AOT came!!! And now that i've seen it...
                    Spoiler:
                    OMG!!! it was soooooo good! But my fave line by Sam was "I didn't think we could get any more screwed." lol! And something else that jumped out at me was that they let Cam say sh*t. It was like woah- Stargate's growing up. As well, the music was great. Joel Goldsmith really outdid himself for this one. Don't have time to rant more now, but overall it was a great film, and props to all the actros. They all did amazing jobs!!!

Now we have to wait til July for Continuum..... ahhhh! i'm gonna go beserk!

Welcome to the thread, carter fanboy!

Spoiler:
                    i loved sam's 'screwed' scene too.

speaking of 'continuum', does anyone know if sam's going to have more screen time in this movie? i mean a LOT more than what we saw in 'ark of truth'?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      yeah, that little scene at the end of uninvited made the whole eps worth while...that and the couple of sam/vala scenes
                      It's been a while since I've seen that eppy, to which scene are you referring?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      JM posted a new pic of Sam on his blog today. It's in spoilers since it's for season 5. It's cropped.
                      Spoiler:
                      I can't believe I missed that! Thanks!

Comment

the poker bit in Uninvited
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I dunno if you've seen AOT yet (mine just came in the mail today!), but
                          Spoiler:
                          there's a moment at the end where Sam visits Cam in the infirmary. After they have alittle chit chat she puts a brown bag on his bed and is about to leave when he asks her what's init. And Sam gets all giggly and excited cuz she baked him some macaroons! LOL!!! I don't have my caps ready yet, but when i do, i'll post 'em. It's a sweet sceme between those two, but just as friends. It's nice to see that relaxed side of Sam every now and then.
                          Spoiler:
                          loved that scene too!

i'm glad they never wrote sam and mitchell as butting heads. this movie really showed how well they get along. i, myself, might not liked it that mitchell was commanding the team *and* the ship, but sam and mitchell were fine with it.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/CarterinAtlantiscropped.jpg

Spoiler:
                            sam!!!

i wonder what sam's second ep is?...

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              the poker bit in Uninvited
                              Okay. The eppy's next on my "to watch" list, so then I'll be better refreshed.

Comment

Click for biggie
                                Love the pic! Isn't she so adorable? I can almost hear her laugh..hehe

Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post
                                Welcome carter fanboy. Yup, Sam looks mighty good in her military gear.

Wasn't there some story about directors not liking to film Sam in her head gear? Looks pretty good to me. And notice the eyes - very nice.

mmmm....yummy She looks awesome to me! *nods*

Yeah, it was great! It was definetly a less-serious side of Sam than we've seen. I dunno if you've seen AOT yet (mine just came in the mail today!), but
                                Spoiler:
                                It's a side of Sam we don't see much, but also a side that at the beginning of her career with SGC was non-existent. She was wasn't so lighthearted as she is now which in hindsight makes these moments imo all the more awesome.

Spoiler:
                                hmm...now this pic has me wondering what is up with Sam. gah!...when's S5 begin again?

Comment

Working...
                                X