No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=atfan;7808183]Hmm I know it was going to be shown to her but I thought it was going to be a movie type thing so I thought it would be posted somehow I may be mistaken I would love to see the completed thing the Janet one was available.
    [QUOTE]

I think you are talking about the tribute VID which people were asked to sumit ideas for clips, whereas mandy was thinking about the project hugs thing Sky arranged which was the personal stuff.

Project hugs ( Sky's) has gone to Amanda nad as far as I know will not be "published" anywhere, however the tribute vid has a slot booked at AT3. After that I guess it will appear somewhere. I will ask the girls at the weekend.

Hugs
    Becks

Comment

[QUOTE=becky_preen;7808219][QUOTE=atfan;7808183]Hmm I know it was going to be shown to her but I thought it was going to be a movie type thing so I thought it would be posted somehow I may be mistaken I would love to see the completed thing the Janet one was available.

I think you are talking about the tribute VID which people were asked to sumit ideas for clips, whereas mandy was thinking about the project hugs thing Sky arranged which was the personal stuff.

Project hugs ( Sky's) has gone to Amanda nad as far as I know will not be "published" anywhere, however the tribute vid has a slot booked at AT3. After that I guess it will appear somewhere. I will ask the girls at the weekend.

Hugs
      Becks
      thanks for the info. I so wish I was going to
      AT3 but I am going to Comic con anyone else planning on attending that?
      sigpic
      Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
        Fic help needed does anyone know what actual year Sam would have entered the Academyand is the age 18 or 17? Thanks for the help in advance.
        My guess:

I believe Sam would have graduated at the age of 17 sometime in the spring, but it depends on when the cut off date for her entry into Kindergarten was wherever she lived at the time. When Sam started school, a lot of places had a September 1 cutoff date, but I don't know everywhere for sure. So that makes her graduate at age 17. Colorado had a September 1 cutoff then and maybe her Dad was stationed there at the time?!? It's your story, you can make it up.

'Freshmen' at the AF Academy report during the summer before the school year starts and, according to her file shown in Entity, Sam's birthday is in August. Hence, I think she would have been 17. That episode also says Sam was born in 1968 I believe. So 1968+17=1985.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          My guess:

I believe Sam would have graduated at the age of 17 sometime in the spring, but it depends on when the cut off date for her entry into Kindergarten was wherever she lived at the time. When Sam started school, a lot of places had a September 1 cutoff date, but I don't know everywhere for sure. So that makes her graduate at age 17. Colorado had a September 1 cutoff then and maybe her Dad was stationed there at the time?!? It's your story, you can make it up.

'Freshmen' at the AF Academy report during the summer before the school year starts and, according to her file shown in Entity, Sam's birthday is in August. Hence, I think she would have been 17. That episode also says Sam was born in 1968 I believe. So 1968+17=1985.
          Okay sounds good to me.
          sigpic
          Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Off-topic video, but well worth watching if you haven't seen it. I thought you all might be interested. Maybe not so OT as I could see AT giving a similar inspirational lecture.

Thank You so much for posting this, that man is an inspiration and yeah I could see Amanda doing something similar.

Oh BTW, has anyone heard of an 80s TV series called "Fame"? My carer brought it in for me to watch, she says its so me! And that if I'd have been old enough in the 80s I'd have watched it on TV, its not bad, I would have loved to go to a school like that. Do you think Amanda or Sam would have watched it?

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

becky's right

Project Hugs is in the mail right now, somewhere between its place of origin and Amanda's hands. It will not be seen by anyone but her, and maybe Alan if she's in the mood.

In putting it together, the notes did get read by those of us working on it, but i ain't kissing and telling.

Once i know it's in her hands, i'll be deleting a folder full of stuff.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hey everyone,

Thank You so much for posting this, that man is an inspiration and yeah I could see Amanda doing something similar.

Oh BTW, has anyone heard of an 80s TV series called "Fame"? My carer brought it in for me to watch, she says its so me! And that if I'd have been old enough in the 80s I'd have watched it on TV, its not bad, I would have loved to go to a school like that. Do you think Amanda or Sam would have watched it?

Julia(samcarterrules)

I remember Fame the series. It was at the time a wonderful little show.
                Debbie Allen, Nia Pepples, Lori Singer, ...etc. Loved the movie that started the series also.

I can see Sam watching a episode or two just for her type of fun. The dance moves, giving various explaintions of mass and lift. Amanda may have watched it just to take a look.

Comment

well, i looked at the fic link but it wouldn't come up, so there must be some problems with that community.

i do have another one though
                  http://beanpot.livejournal.com/64484.html

a cute sam and jack friendshippy fic
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    well, i looked at the fic link but it wouldn't come up, so there must be some problems with that community.

Thanks. I'll go read the new one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post

thanks for the info. I so wish I was going to
                      AT3 but I am going to Comic con anyone else planning on attending that?

I'm going to both AT3 & Comic Con
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

hmmm...came up for me and I read it this afternoon.

Thanks Sky nice rec!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Thanks for the good vibes, everyone. I got the job, so I'm now a permanent teacher in Dunstable.... whooooot! I start after Easter, so not far away!

There were about 23 applicants for a maximum of four teaching posts! Amazing!
                          [delurk] I have noticed in my travels through this thread that there are a lot animals loose and I am just wondering who cleans up after them. I know sky keeps them all in line but who scoops the...

Thanks Sky for sending our messages along!

and this is for tracy!

WOOHOO!!!

:: Kir pitches her clothes off and runs naked through the thread and out the door.

[whisper] I was the only in the Samanda thread at the time [/whisper]
                          [/delurk]

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                            [delurk] I have noticed in my travels through this thread that there are a lot animals loose and I am just wondering who cleans up after them. I know sky keeps them all in line but who scoops the...
                            Sounds like a job for Mandy

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                            and this is for tracy!

WOOHOO!!!

:: Kir pitches her clothes off and runs naked through the thread and out the door.

[whisper] I was the only in the Samanda thread at the time [/whisper]
                            [/delurk]
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              Sounds like a job for Mandy
                              No I'm just the agitator, I'll leave the clean up to you
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

first one worked fine for me and the second with is adorable and a little scary too lol...thanks for the recs Sky! Tis always nice to have a good ole fic to come home too
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X