Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    Sam thread is on page 2 and that won't do ... where are all the chatty Samandans today?!
    Why who could you be referring to

(gateworld was actually rather slow today)

Okay, let's play. If Sam Carter had a pet, what would it be? Describe the critter, not just "dawg" or "cat" or "fish" ...

I think she'd like a big dog - and she would go to a rescue shelter and get a mutt, a German Shepherd/husky/collie mix and he'd adore her and have soulful eyes and she would name him, "Jack"!
    I think I've found proof that Jack and Sam actually got together!

Say it isn't so

Spoiler:
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

hehehe

cute fic

http://infanity.ficlaundering.com/mo...aterspout.html

Up the Waterspout
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I just heard.. Project Hugs is on its way.

Ok, so we've never heard that name before, i just made it up

anyway, it was originally meant that all the notes of encouragement would be e-mailed to Amanda, but sooooo many lovely notes poured in that it was decided that they would be mailed to her since - on a computer screen - it'd just be kinda ponderous to read. (the whole collection came out at over FIFTY pages of notes from all over the world)

So, your lovely notes should be reaching her sometime next week or so, depending on the efficiency of hte postal system.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to send in something.

Without you guys, this woulda been a very short little thing

yay!!

sally ((()))
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam thread is on page 2 and that won't do ... where are all the chatty Samandans today?!

Okay, let's play. If Sam Carter had a pet, what would it be? Describe the critter, not just "dawg" or "cat" or "fish" ...

I think she'd like a big dog - and she would go to a rescue shelter and get a mutt, a German Shepherd/husky/collie mix and he'd adore her and have soulful eyes and she would name him, "Jack"!

i think she'd want a dog, but would get a cat (likes them too) because they're a more solitary animal. but, with how much sam would be gone, she gave the cat away to a friend or neighbor.

but when she moved to atlantis, she got a new cat and brought it. it was all white and called it kitty. just a puff of white and loved lying around. it took a liking to mckay which kind of irked sam, until she saw how calming kitty was to him. she let mckay kittysit her on numerous occasions.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

very cute.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i think she'd want a dog, but would get a cat (likes them too) because they're a more solitary animal. but, with how much sam would be gone, she gave the cat away to a friend or neighbor.

but when she moved to atlantis, she got a new cat and brought it. it was all white and called it kitty. just a puff of white and loved lying around. it took a liking to mckay which kind of irked sam, until she saw how calming kitty was to him. she let mckay kittysit her on numerous occasions.

sally
              and of course McKay would be allergic
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I bet she adopted a 'mishlanternator' from some other planet. The small hermit crab like creatures with pink and yellow polka dots. One followed SG1 home through the gate and all Sam had to do was look at General Hammond with puppy dog eyes and say 'Can we keep it?' He caved immediately. It sits in a glass cage in her lab.

When she comes home from off-world missions, Sam says "Here mishlanternator, mishlanternator, mishlanternator" and it comes creeping out to play shadow puppets with her. Jack and Daniel have learned to steer clear of the animal as it nips at their fingers every time they are close.

OK, enough silliness for now Obviously, I need to pick up my new fic and work on it

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  and of course McKay would be allergic
                  would he? all i know is he's allergic to lemons/citris.

i could just see sam coming into mckay's office to retrieve kitty, only to see her cat just sit there on mckay's lap. she'd call for it again, and then mckay would glance up and look all smug. kitty would slowly stretch and go back to mommy sam.

sam: yes, mckay, you have a way with women.

mckay:

sam: they just have to have four legs and be hairy, but still...

mckay:

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Didn't McKay had a cat?? I mean didn't he gave it away to his neighbour lady just before he left for Atlantis??? I remember something like that but I can be mistaken...

And Sam would get a tamogotchi, you know this little animal thingies on the computer... well they started out as little round electronical things... now they even have it on the computer. Or Nintendogz or something like that, and she would it rig it like that, that it is much more fun

Comment

i don't see sam having a pet until she's on an assignment with regular hours. it would kill her - or emotionally gut her - to have a pet at home that would suffer if she got stuck off world
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i don't see sam having a pet until she's on an assignment with regular hours. it would kill her - or emotionally gut her - to have a pet at home that would suffer if she got stuck off world
                        Good point. This is why I personally don't have pets.

However, let's imagine she DOES have a pet that needs to be fed while she is away. Who does Sam get to feed it and does she let them have a key to her house?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          I bet she adopted a 'mishlanternator' from some other planet. The small hermit crab like creatures with pink and yellow polka dots. One followed SG1 home through the gate and all Sam had to do was look at General Hammond with puppy dog eyes and say 'Can we keep it?' He caved immediately. It sits in a glass cage in her lab.

When she comes home from off-world missions, Sam says "Here mishlanternator, mishlanternator, mishlanternator" and it comes creeping out to play shadow puppets with her. Jack and Daniel have learned to steer clear of the animal as it nips at their fingers every time they are close.

OK, enough silliness for now Obviously, I need to pick up my new fic and work on it
                          Or perhaps a puffskein.

suse
                          ready to re-read Harry Potter <sob>
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

OT but exciting - someone I know WON AN OSCAR LAST NIGHT. Brilliant documentary film maker, Cynthia Wade, go to www.freeheld.com/ It was so amazing to see her standing up there with that statuette in her hand! Here's to brave and spunky women!
                            Very very cool! Here here!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            The one true brilliant talented person who should have received the top honors wasn't there...Amanda!!...now if she were to be nominated for an award...I'd sit and watch the entire..."thing"...on tv just to see her win...she'd outshine any of those Hollywood diva's!
                            She totally would outshine 'em! *starts AT for an oscar campaign*

ooh thanks! *toddles off to read*

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            would he? all i know is he's allergic to lemons/citris.

i could just see sam coming into mckay's office to retrieve kitty, only to see her cat just sit there on mckay's lap. she'd call for it again, and then mckay would glance up and look all smug. kitty would slowly stretch and go back to mommy sam.

sam: yes, mckay, you have a way with women.

mckay:

sam: they just have to have four legs and be hairy, but still...

mckay:

sally
                            hahahaha

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            Good point. This is why I personally don't have pets.

However, let's imagine she DOES have a pet that needs to be fed while she is away. Who does Sam get to feed it and does she let them have a key to her house?
                            Heh....I'd totally have pets (two rats) if I was allowed to travel with them....the quarantine on animals and stuff is so long and tough just going between countries...can you imagine the restrictions if you're travelling between galaxies?

ooh and my best mate sent me this via email and I thought some of you lot might appreciate the coolness. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pace_slide.gif
                            Last edited by Tittamiire; 25 February 2008, 06:37 PM. Reason: my brain is a seive
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Very cool - I love astronomy thanks for sharing
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

ooh and my best mate sent me this via email and I thought some of you lot might appreciate the coolness. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pace_slide.gif
                                i've seen this before, and it's sooooo incredible!! makes us realize just how teensy we are!!

ugh, i hate tarantulas!! *shivers*

I'm doing a little Convention Research Project. So please respond

Are you going to:
                                AT3 And /or gatecon (not the creation con in april, gatecon in august)
                                Charmed / weekend pass or VIP vs Gatepass
                                Team Penguins or Polar Bears
                                Peanut butter or chocolate

Neither *cry*
                                maybe next year, definitely a charmed pass.
                                Penguin
                                Both together, or Dark Chocolate alone.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                                What is speed talk??? Is that when you talk really fast...coz I talk really really fast when I get excited...even though I won't be at AT3 so it won't apply to me at this time but I will be at AT4...yay!!!
                                I talk really fast, too, Chelle. i mean, really fast. My brain goes too fast and if i don't try to catch up, i lose what i'm trying to say. 'course that means i'm constantly using words like 'thingamajig' and 'doohickey' cuz i can't find the right word to describe whatever i'm talking about. now what was i saying????

Shippy fic versus friendship fic - like them both but do agree it's hard to write good, balanced ship. I am doing the penguin thing right now with Heat but I would like to get into more Sam and Sam/Team fic next go 'round.

Good balanced team fics are really hard to write (at least for me.) unless i split them up into pairs (not shippy pairs, just no more than two people at a time). it's just really tough to capture the thoughts and emotions of more than two people at a time and still keep the story fluid. can anyone recommend a good true team fic with all the snarkiness and adventure they typically go through? cuz i'd love to read it and figure out how it's done!
                                sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                                Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X