X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Big huge announcment

so read it

Ok folks, i know we were talking about writing letters/cards to amanda. And that can certainly be done.

HOWEVER

Snail mail takes time.

Through means that i will not discuss, there in an opportunity to get messages to her later on this month. I will NOT tell you how or why. That part of this is non-negotiable. You're gonna have to take this on faith.

However, if you would like to e-mail ME a note/message/letter/graphic (and by letter i don't mean 20 page novella please) I can use this means to get those messages to amanda. (I can't do videos or anything like that. It needs to be letters or the like)

Just e-mail me your notes, type it in an e-mail, send it as an attachment, whatever. I'll collect them. They'll be cut and pasted into a singular document or printed out and collected together, then will get to amanda later on this month.

Anything anyone sends will be kept confidential. Only the persons involved and Amanda will see it.

the deadline is february 15th. Hard and fast deadline.

You can use the e-mail attached to my profile if you're cutting and pasting. or sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com

If you can't e-mail, you can PM me, but e-mail would be the best.

just PLEASE make sure that you note in the subject that it's for amanda. I don't want to lose anything to spam.

So folks, please, have fun and send me some stuff and we'll make February a fun month for Amanda, cause by the end of it, she'll have a handful of some beautiful words to let her know that - for every person out there that's a meanie, there are two of us that love her, support her and respect her.

I'm going to post this in the sanctuary thread but you can cross post this wherever you think there are some Amanda fans that would like to participate.

THe more people that play, the more love we can share.
    What a lovely, lovely thought Sky, mine will be with you as soon as my head is settled on what to say to Amanda.
    You know, the very fact that Amanda has touched so many peoples lives with the bringing to life of Sam Carter i can truely say i have never in my entire life have ever felt this way about the talent of one very special lady!
    ......TARA......

Comment

I'd like to add my congratulations to Amanda for the great news about "Sanctuary". Very much looking forward to it. Like others, I've been very disappointed with Sam's role on Atlantis. It's like they wanted Amanda, but had no use for Sam. Maybe in a different role as a guest character we'll get to see Sam use her science/military skills. That's the Sam I want to see.

Mike

Comment

Big huge announcment

so read it

Ok folks, i know we were talking about writing letters/cards to amanda. And that can certainly be done.

HOWEVER

Snail mail takes time.

Through means that i will not discuss, there in an opportunity to get messages to her later on this month. I will NOT tell you how or why. That part of this is non-negotiable. You're gonna have to take this on faith.

However, if you would like to e-mail ME a note/message/letter/graphic (and by letter i don't mean 20 page novella please) I can use this means to get those messages to amanda. (I can't do videos or anything like that. It needs to be letters or the like)

Just e-mail me your notes, type it in an e-mail, send it as an attachment, whatever. I'll collect them. They'll be cut and pasted into a singular document or printed out and collected together, then will get to amanda later on this month.

Anything anyone sends will be kept confidential. Only the persons involved and Amanda will see it.

the deadline is february 15th. Hard and fast deadline.

You can use the e-mail attached to my profile if you're cutting and pasting. or sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com

If you can't e-mail, you can PM me, but e-mail would be the best.

just PLEASE make sure that you note in the subject that it's for amanda. I don't want to lose anything to spam.

So folks, please, have fun and send me some stuff and we'll make February a fun month for Amanda, cause by the end of it, she'll have a handful of some beautiful words to let her know that - for every person out there that's a meanie, there are two of us that love her, support her and respect her.

I'm going to post this in the sanctuary thread but you can cross post this wherever you think there are some Amanda fans that would like to participate.

THe more people that play, the more love we can share.
        What a wonderful idea Sky I'll e-mail you as I know what to say to Amanda

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I just read the 2nd part of Amanda's interview at GW! Wow I knew the decision had to be very difficult for her! Hopefully someone gave her hug after those negotiations. I'm very glad she and Joe had long talks and they both tried to make it work. I think it says a lot for both of them. And in the end the friendship is still intact and AT will remain in the show as a guest star.

That's one of the things I respect about Amanda is she is so honest. She spoke from the heart and she has dedicated 11 years of her life to this character and she has the opportunity to step into her own show (lead actor and EP) There is nothing in the world wrong with that...I congratulate her courage and dedication! You have many fans cheering you on Amanda!
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 02 February 2008, 11:44 AM. Reason: deleting spoiler tags

Comment

Wow. I finished the interview and couldn't help but go "God, I love that woman".

Seriously, she's so up-front and honest, it's so refreshing. And the things she talks about.... she says what I'm thinking, but puts it in such a thoughtful and eloquent matter. Everything she said about the characters being the heart and soul of a show, she said it ten times better than I ever could.

Amanda rocks the rock rock.

In fact, Amanda rocks the entire cliff face.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'm still catching up...boy you guys have been talkative

First of all....((( Amanda)))

After playing Sam for 11 years, I'm sure Amanda is as attached to the Sam character as we all are, and this must have been a hard decision for her to make. But I will say, we have been blessed with such a great character, and now Amanda must do what is best for her. Sanctuary is definitely a boost to her career, and I would much rather have the character of Helen starring in the show, than have small snippets of Sam on SGA. As being a guest star on SGA, I'm sure the role they write for Sam will be meatier (sorry vegetarians ) than being a supporting character. Will I miss Sam?...HELL YEA! but I support Amanda in her decision and look forward to seeing a full season of
              Sanctuary, starring Amanda Tapping
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                MGM has posted still's from the next SGA episode "Trio" HERE

Sample under the spoiler tag

Spoiler:

Sorry but I couldn't resist
                Spoiler:

McKay, move that hand one more inch and you'll lose it!
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i say, look at what we got in Outcast

30 seconds in a bit part that anyone could have done

Personally, i'd rather have 13 episodes with magnus than 14 with sam, many of which Sam is nothing but a plot device.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Spoiler:

nonono

Rodney...my pulse isn't THERE

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Wow. I finished the interview and couldn't help but go "God, I love that woman".

Seriously, she's so up-front and honest, it's so refreshing. And the things she talks about.... she says what I'm thinking, but puts it in such a thoughtful and eloquent matter. Everything she said about the characters being the heart and soul of a show, she said it ten times better than I ever could.

Amanda rocks the rock rock.

In fact, Amanda rocks the entire cliff face.
                      *sniff* I'm all teary-eyed now.

She does indeed rock and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Spoiler:

nonono

Rodney...my pulse isn't THERE
                        LOL!

Yeah Trio looks like a great epsiode!
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam whumping and quality minutes on screen! I'm looking forward to it
                        Thanks Tsax for the pics!

Comment

More HUGS for Deejay, just because.
                          Kudos for Sky, b/c the system wouldn't let me green her, and she keeps organising highly awesome things for us Samandans so I definitely thought she deserved another nod!

i had a thought...dare i dream....how to write sam out of atlantis in a way that still allows her to guest...AND doesn't belittle her

Spoiler:

landry is sick and sam rotates back to earth as the interim commander of the sgc...that eventually becomes permnant as landry can't recover and the IOA puts in thier .02 and pressures the prez to let her stay since woolsey likes her

best of both worlds. she's available, she isn't just tossed aside like jack was

a solution that could both work AND be respectful to the character
                          ...and because it does both, the probability of it actually happening is most likely centred somewhere between nil and none, sadly. Then again, stranger things have happened ... I guess we'll find out eventually!

I had lots more to say while I was catching up on the last 8 or 9 pages worth of posts (anyone else having huge issues getting onto GW lately???) ... but I have since mislaid those thoughts. Sigh.... ah well.
                          Hope everyone is having a good night (afternoon/morning ... time!) where ever you currently happen to be in the 'real' world *waves*
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I've just read the 2nd part of Amanda's interview and AWWWW i want to give her a great big hug, that interview has really come from her heart.
                            As a fan of Sam Carter i will miss seeing her each week but the light is not turned off over Sam Carters head just yet! Sam still has much to show us, just not each week!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

WOW. That's some big news.

I'm happy for Amanda, that her `baby` gets this great chance. And that she will be working on it fulltime. It´s sad she feels bad about her decision to not give Atlantis all the time they want. It´s been 11 years, things change, she has the right to think about herself and her family too. The woman was crazily busy last year anyway.
                              Great idea for all of us to let her know we will support her anyway! Thanks Sky (and her mysterious ways).

I understand people will miss her on Atlantis, for me, SG stopped when SG1 stopped (although I was planning on watching SGA now Sam was in it). It´s sad it´s over. But, I´m glad SGA made Sam a full bird, a leader. She deserved that. And I sure hope they write her out in a good way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                More HUGS for Deejay, just because.
                                Kudos for Sky, b/c the system wouldn't let me green her, and she keeps organising highly awesome things for us Samandans so I definitely thought she deserved another nod!
                                In the case of the e-mails, i can't take credit for it. I'm the fingerwork person

I know i just made the announcement,but folks, please don't procrastinate forever. the 15th is just 2 weeks away...which seems like forever, but i don't want anyone that wants to play to be left out.

So yes, please take your time and write what you feel, but don't take forever...cause a mostly 'perfect' letter/note is better than no letter/note at all

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X