Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Being helpful?

It's like watching a dog walk on it's hind legs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBP6UGI-d2A

It can happen.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely holiday season. I have been on vacation and am just getting ready to start back to school for the Spring term.

Anyways, I found this interview while surfing the net and I don't think anyone has posted a link to it here yet. If someone has, just feel free to ignore it. It's from the December 2nd blog on the SciFi Channel site. It's a nice little interview.

"Queen of Sci Fi"

Spoiler for interview:
      Spoiler:
      Can you imagine Amanda helping to catch 200 pounds of fish?
      Thanks for the link. She just really seems like the stardom hasn't gone to her head. Very grounded.

Comment

New piccie of Sam over at the Continuum thread courtesy of Andreas

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely holiday season. I have been on vacation and am just getting ready to start back to school for the Spring term.

Anyways, I found this interview while surfing the net and I don't think anyone has posted a link to it here yet. If someone has, just feel free to ignore it. It's from the December 2nd blog on the SciFi Channel site. It's a nice little interview.

"Queen of Sci Fi"

Spoiler for interview:
          Spoiler:

Great interview. I wish we could get the audio on it, it sounded like they were having a blast.
          sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year to you all!
            Congrats on the 6k jckfan!!

I have just watched a couple of eps of SG1 I haven't seen in a while. Prometheus and Unnatural Selection. Such good solid eps - and nice team eps too. Despite missing Daniel in season 6 I think Jonas was a very good replacement and this was augmented with some really good and creative storylines. I'm really sad that SG1 didn't continue on this line. It seemed to change direction after season 6 and for me it was never as captivating. Sadly season 9 lost me totally. However I still have all the old box sets to keep me warm in winter! What ep shall I watch next?

Just to keep on topic. Sam was great in both eps - totally cool soldier Sam!!

Comment

For those of you that could not play the SciFi Talk Podcast with Amanda, Tony has put up the first part of the transcript on his site. Check it out here
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                see the user name, click on that, you see a drop down menu with 'send private message to' and you click that and type in your message

easy as pie
                Good thing you didn't specify 'home-made' pie, b/c that's usually not easy

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                Yes. Cake is good too. Yummm...
                I definitely second that opinion!!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hey Everyone,

The time has come to vote on the name for our star

A wee explanation and huge thank you first though, there were so many wonderful names put on the list I was so pleased, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So because there are so many, I've made it a bit easier for everyone to pick because there will only be 5 names to choose from.

Here's those 5 names...

Julia's Samanda
                Samanda
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Tappinator
                Blue Jello Rules

I hope people like those choices and aren't to upset that all the names aren't there.

How do you vote? Simple just PM me with the name you'd like the star to be. You can choose from any of the 5 names above but only pick one name please and only vote once you can PM your vote to me until 01/17/08 on that day I'll count the votes, register the star and announce the name of our star

So I encourage as many Samanda's as possible to vote tell every Samanda you know to come and vote. YOUR THREAD NEEDS YOU!

A big thank you also goes to Sky for all her help, support and advice in showing me how to organise this star name voting (((((Sky)))))

Now folks there's only one thing left for everyone to do....GO VOTE!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                But ........ how to choose???
                Thank you so much Julia!! This was a really great idea, and it was very selfless of you to share your gift with us
                As soon as I figure out which of the awesome options to vote for, I will do so!

Hi Everyone,

"Queen of Sci Fi"

Spoiler for interview:
                Spoiler:
                That was great
                Spoiler:
                I love the fact that by CRTC regulations, Stargate isn't Canadian enough to be Canadian *rolls eyes* Sad but true...
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

I hope they announce it soon...not that I'm worried though...I just hate to see you suffer so!!!
                  it's really getting irritating...

i watched the atlantis wins ppl's choice awards speech, and even though amanda and jason weren't there, rachel explained why jason wasn't but didn't mention amanda... i'm getting bad vibes here.

of course, i could go ask joe. oh wait, he doesn't answer questions anymore.

sally ((()))
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Surprisingly, I'm not worried at all. AT is the sure bet imo.
                    *holds onto idea tightly. squeezes until stuff comes out*

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      it's really getting irritating...

i watched the atlantis wins ppl's choice awards speech, and even though amanda and jason weren't there, rachel explained why jason wasn't but didn't mention amanda... i'm getting bad vibes here.

of course, i could go ask joe. oh wait, he doesn't answer questions anymore.

sally ((()))
                      I wouldn't worry Sally, look on the bright side. They are not likely wanting to have to replace the Atlantis commander again so it should be OK on their side and Amanda has said she would consider it if they offered another year so it should be OK on her side. For the past few years they have been rather slow with some of the contracts so late announcements are normal. Plus on the Sanctuary side they are willing to work around Amanda's schedule so things should be Okey Dokey for more Sam in Atlantis

Patience, Grasshopper. Patience.

(yep that is me preaching patience. Oy! Just do what I say not as I do )
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        I wouldn't worry Sally, look on the bright side. They are not likely wanting to have to replace the Atlantis commander again so it should be OK on their side and Amanda has said she would consider it if they offered another year so it should be OK on her side. For the past few years they have been rather slow with some of the contracts so late announcements are normal. Plus on the Sanctuary side they are willing to work around Amanda's schedule so things should be Okey Dokey for more Sam in Atlantis

Patience, Grasshopper. Patience.

(yep that is me preaching patience. Oy! Just do what I say not as I do )
                        I agree. Joe can't say anything til SFC announces it. They can't wait til S4 finishes airing...they will have started filming S5 by then. So I'd think within a month.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't see anything dire there, Sally. It could be she was already booked to do something else that day. Or she could have felt it was the longtime cast's place to be there.

Fic rec: Teal'c & Sam ficlet
                          http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/41252.html#cutid1

based on the fic rec of a day or so ago I found a site that linked to a bunch of fics, including Sam stories I hadn't seen before. I love it when that happens.

Comment

Alright, I was just over at the Atlantis/Sci-fi website, and they finally put up part 2 of Amanda's interview. I was like

Anyway here they are:

Part 1: http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=200973#videoid=176788
                            Part 2: http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=200973#videoid=203767

Spoiler:
                            She even talks about her fear of heights, and how she had to suck it up

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                              Alright, I was just over at the Atlantis/Sci-fi website, and they finally put up part 2 of Amanda's interview. I was like

Anyway here they are:

Spoiler:
                              Woot!!! Thanks Rocky!!! Great vid!!! Amanda's the best!!! So funny!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post

Anyway here they are:

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                i LOVED her interview!

she even requested jack make an appearance, trying to get rick to take the hint. (thinks s/j... goes into gutter)

did you notice how wonderfully funny amanda was?! this segment really let her take the interview into a comic craziness that was outrageous! (sg1, without sam, falls apart. daniel an alcoholic, teal'c super fat, and mitchell losing his mind and ending up in a mental hospital) amanda is funny!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X