• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hi Everyone,

*crosses fingers too*

Here! Here! Sally

I listened to Amanda's interview yesterday, its was great to hear from her although I wish the interviewer had let Amanda actually talk a little more but it was good

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Yeah, it's nice to have an interviewer who knows what he's talking about--doesn't think she's commanding a starship or something but I think he likes to hear himself talk too much. I mean he's got Amanda freaking Tapping on the line and blab blab blab. She kind of struggled to get a word in edgewise sometimes. Maybe the Sanctuary gals can get another interview with her. They were fans & excitable but knew when to let The Tappinator speak.
    --crankyjckfan

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Nope! Havent seen it myself but I must say, the first pic of Sam in street clothes is definitely H-O-T.

I wish she dressed like that more often. But she's beautiful anyway.

Comment

a lovely little 'sg1 on their own apocafic'
        http://cofax7.livejournal.com/471615.html?format=light

nice and gen, no ship, no real violence or language
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Tony Tellado over at Sci-Fi Talk has a new interview with Amanda Tapping. They talk about Sanctuary, Stargate Atlantis, the two Stargate Movies and light heartedly discuss a possible interview between Tony and Helen Magnus (now that would be great if they could actually manage to do that).

You can catch the podcast here and it is about 30 minutes long.

I tried the link and like chelle db, my computer crashed. Nut's.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
            I tried the link and like chelle db, my computer crashed. Nut's.
            I'm having the same problem

Just saw 'Booty call', wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but the small appearence of a certain blonde actress defenitely made up for it ! Amanda was great as always

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              Uhm...boring how??? I kinda like the way Daniel used to do the translating and worked out where the alien language originated from.
              In every episode, or as good as? Imagine how much it'd slow the episode down if Daniel didn't figure out how to communicate with the people they encountered until at least the half-way point, at best, and after that, all communication had to be relayed through him. They'd barely have time for a storyline in any episode involving a new, non-English speaking society.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I saw BAMSR tonight...

Spoilers for BAMSR...

Spoiler:

It was a great ep for Sam, to me she showed her strength when she stood up to that Col. She wasn't about to let that happen. And out in the field too (and in leather ) then we even got a bit of good old Sam techno-babble too. There were some amazing special effects too I thought the battle with replicators was great! Elizabeth was kinda scary/weird though, makes me really wonder what she's planning?

It was a great ep! And it was great to see Sam back, Amanda's doing a fantastic job and I can totally see why she chose to continue playing Sam

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Sam was amazing tonight in Be All My Sins Remember'd!!! Her command and science abilities really came in to play in this episode!!! She's the best!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I've been thinking about this for a couple of months and am still trying to get my head around it.

Character Samantha Carter has made a steady progression of improved leadership/command ability as Actor Amanda Tapping has emerged as a leading actor in her field and became an executive producer.

Which way do you think the influence flowed the most? Did the maturing character of Sam rising through the ranks, influence Amanda more? Or did Amanda maturing and broadening her horizons influence Sam more?
                    - Both equally?
                    - Some more one way than the other?
                    - No connection?

P.S. I hope this makes sense, if not, just kindly ignore me and go to the next post

Comment

little sam/janet friendship fic rec
                      http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/40180.html

post upgrades

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        I've been thinking about this for a couple of months and am still trying to get my head around it.

Character Samantha Carter has made a steady progression of improved leadership/command ability as Actor Amanda Tapping has emerged as a leading actor in her field and became an executive producer.

Which way do you think the influence flowed the most? Did the maturing character of Sam rising through the ranks, influence Amanda more? Or did Amanda maturing and broadening her horizons influence Sam more?
                        - Both equally?
                        - No connection?

P.S. I hope this makes sense, if not, just kindly ignore me and go to the next post
                        you know, i think it's a little of both

when amanda joined the show, she was just a green actor. few guest bits, sure, but nothing really outstanding.

she gets the role and, in my opinion, rides out the next few years under rick's wing. And put your dirty minds away, what i mean is....rick is a professional and accomplished actor and, i feel, very willing to mentor others. he's willing to teach and learn and let others hone their skills under his tutledge.

I think season 6 was a turning point for amanda. rick stepped back - due to his injury and due to just getting tired - adn she stepped forward. she learned that she COULD be the lead of the show, if not in the credits, in the simple fact of being.

she's grown up and matured and is less of 'part of the pack' and more 'leader of the pack'

I think she had a rough patch during s9. she was tired and overwhelmed and a bit off course during a very turbulent and emotional year. but i think the whole outroar over 'we don't know what to do with sam' helped her. cause it made her realize that she's not just a pretty face. she's not just some extra 'baggage' that was in the way. she was an important part of the show. and i think that helped her out and - maybe - even gave her the encouragement to do sanctuary and step forward to take control of her life and career. to be less of a participant and more of a leader

I think, now, she's in a good place in her life. she knows that she isn't being 'demanda' when she stands up for herself. she's just being a professional and is doing what is necessary for her life and her career

i think, colonel sam carter, is a bit more like amanda herself. she's taking charge and isn't afraid to stand up, nor is she afraid to make the tough decisions. i think - like my opinion of rick - she will stand behind anyone that supports and is straight with her...but stab her in the back and it's all over.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

- Both equally?
                          - No connection?

Very interesting question

I'm not sure, but I think Amanda had the influence, take for instance the first episode COTG, Sam was very...uptight with a chip on her shoulder, and had to prove herself. It took Amanda going to the producers/writers to say "women don't talk like that". So I think with Amanda's influence, both Sam and Amanda grew into their respective roles
                          *now I hope I make sense*
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Beware: Milestone type post

The verbose one strikes again…

What can I say—Sam is a great character and BAMSR just showed it again.
                            She's got brains & guts to spare. She's a scientist, she's a soldier, she's a leader.

And Amanda Tapping is wonderful too—she's funny, charming and beautiful (to quote Corso). And by beautiful I mean on the inside as well as the outside.

Raise a glass to Sam and Amanda (the Tappinator) Tapping to whom we owe this convergence of funny, charming and beautiful people that is Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

She's got brains & guts to spare. She's a scientist, she's a soldier, she's a leader.

And Amanda Tapping is wonderful too—she's funny, charming and beautiful (to quote Corso). And by beautiful I mean on the inside as well as the outside.

Raise a glass to Sam and Amanda (the Tappinator) Tapping to whom we owe this convergence of funny, charming and beautiful people that is Samanda!
                              Glass raised "Hear, hear!"

Go Sam/Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Congrats on post 6000 jckfan!
                                boy you talk even more than I do
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X