Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    I think it's the shipper in me that likes this pic the most!
    I thought so... But I also like that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Fantastic! Thank you JennyJ! Just where do you manage to find the excellent HQ pictures? Their quality is so...well oddly enough...high!
      I snurch them from a Hungarian forum... We are waiting for about 300 more yet

Comment

Thanks to all who've been voting, Amanda won top spot on this poll last month! Now...this is the big finale where people can vote for the top Queen of Women We Love 2007.

Other fandoms have seen Amanda's recent surge and are jumping in to push other women to the top. I say...NO WAY! After all, who's better to be named queen other than HRH of Samanda Amanda Tapping herself?!?? That's right...No one!!

http://www.lesbianation.com/scene/index.cfm?listID=193

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh that's cool Emma...did you actually get to meet her or was it something you purchased at an event???
          Hey you and Eileen have to let me know when you are coming over...we have a few things happening in May...like Armageddon in Sydney and Teryl Rothery will be there...and a trip to Walhalla...so if you girls are here....you should come along...I'll adopt you!!!
          I did get to meet her. Ma and I lined up for like over an hour and we got to have a 5 minute chat with her and stuff. It was awesome. Got hugs and everything.

We're coming over for Wicked, so we'll have to wait for official dates and then work around that. =)

But YAY! Teryl!
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
            I did get to meet her. Ma and I lined up for like over an hour and we got to have a 5 minute chat with her and stuff. It was awesome. Got hugs and everything.
            We're coming over for Wicked, so we'll have to wait for official dates and then work around that. =)
            But YAY! Teryl!
            Oh wow....so lucky!!!
            If you don't mind me asking but where and when did you get to meet her??? Just with NZ being just over the water a little bit, I would fly out if I knew she was there for even just a day...I know she was in Oz back in 2002 IIRC...but I didn't know about that til way after the fact...should have gotten into this fandom a lot sooner...D'oH!!!
            I can't wait for you 2 to get here...I'm bugging hubby to get a bigger house just so we can accommodate friends...like you guys!!!...coz as things are you'd be on the living room floor!!!...we have no room at the inn but we'd get you a bed somehow!!
            Night all!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh wow....so lucky!!!
              If you don't mind me asking but where and when did you get to meet her??? Just with NZ being just over the water a little bit, I would fly out if I knew she was there for even just a day...I know she was in Oz back in 2002 IIRC...but I didn't know about that til way after the fact...should have gotten into this fandom a lot sooner...D'oH!!!
              I can't wait for you 2 to get here...I'm bugging hubby to get a bigger house just so we can accommodate friends...like you guys!!!...coz as things are you'd be on the living room floor!!!...we have no room at the inn but we'd get you a bed somehow!!
              Night all!!
              This was in 2002 too. Before I started watching Stargate.

It's all good, I can sleep on the floor! I was talking to my cousin today and she reckons it's a $20 flight from where she is studying

Emma, have you got a saving plan going for the trip? *pokes* Everyone, keep reminding her!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                I think it's Czechoslovakian

Edit : Tsax beat me!
                Little sociolinguistic lesson.... there's no such language as czechoslovakian! After the country divided into two seperate nation states (the Czech Republic and Slovakia), the governments, due to the political climate, changed the language names to "Czech" and "Slovak". The languages are essentially the same at the moment, just with different names, but over time they will evolve to be totally different languages.

Sorry, I get excited when I see that sort of stuff!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                  I loved Rachel's fic as well. She has just the right touch doesn't she!

As to snow. Christmas day we had a very white Christmas for maybe 3 hours on top of Queen Anne hill (in Seattle at about 500 ft above sea level) and then it all melted. We seldom have snow at Christmas so it was a nice change. The snow in the mountains being only an hour out of town are fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Pretty to see in the distance.

New Year wishes to all!

http://www.icq.com/img/friendship/st...d_16961_rs.swf

donamac
                  awe..so neat! I love interactive cards and this one was fun! Have to say I didn't really 'feel' for the bear like Chelle did though. Yeah I'm mean. I tease my mom's dogs and cats all the time...but in a good way! Really! It's fun!

Originally posted by Über View Post
                  Thanks to all who've been voting, Amanda won top spot on this poll last month! Now...this is the big finale where people can vote for the top Queen of Women We Love 2007.

Other fandoms have seen Amanda's recent surge and are jumping in to push other women to the top. I say...NO WAY! After all, who's better to be named queen other than HRH of Samanda Amanda Tapping herself?!?? That's right...No one!!

http://www.lesbianation.com/scene/index.cfm?listID=193
                  ooh..decisions, decisions. Saw Teryl and AT on the list so I couldn't decide. Voted for both cos I can't split my loyalty. Sorry. All the others can take a long walk off a short pier. Yeah.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Little sociolinguistic lesson.... there's no such language as czechoslovakian! After the country divided into two seperate nation states (the Czech Republic and Slovakia), the governments, due to the political climate, changed the language names to "Czech" and "Slovak". The languages are essentially the same at the moment, just with different names, but over time they will evolve to be totally different languages.

Sorry, I get excited when I see that sort of stuff!
                  *bounce* Though I didnt understand a word of the fic either, I love linguistics! This little language lesson has me on the edge of my seat in excitement. Yay!

You know, when I have to look up words in the dictionary for spelling or definition I still always zero in to find out the origin of the word. OMG I love it!

Comment

in spoilers for size..
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

in spoilers for size...
                      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                        in spoilers for size...
                        Spoiler:
                        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/behind%20the%20scenes/SG1_VOL18_SKU2-15.jpg
                        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...L18_SKU2-2.jpg
                        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...L18_SKU2-0.jpg
                        Great expressions!

Comment

Here is a question for everybody:

As the new commander in Atlantis, what will Colonel Carter do for her 'troops' on New Year's Eve?

Comment

Thanks to SGFerrit...I just saw the new spoiler pictures for BAMSR and Carter is in a lot of them:

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                              Thanks to SGFerrit...I just saw the new spoiler pictures for BAMSR and Carter is in a lot of them:

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php

Whoo hoo!
                              I generally avoid spoilers but had to look. I was interested in the shot of
                              Spoiler:
                              the 3 colonels.
                              Hmm.

Thanks Oooober!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Here is a question for everybody:

As the new commander in Atlantis, what will Colonel Carter do for her 'troops' on New Year's Eve?
                                The real question is what will they do for her? Will they invite her to their celebration?

Comment

Working...
                                X