• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    Prank would last as long as she could keep a straight face! *g*

Jack walks into the infirmary

Janet: "Colonel? Where are they?"
    Jack: "Uhh... where are who?"
    Janet: "Not who. What and I know you took them. Sam and I have been looking..."

Sam quickly and quietly exits the infirmary

Jack: "Carter get back here and tell me what the heck Doc is talking about..."

Laughter heard from the Corridor.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      pumpkin pie actually...cinnamony. it has a brownish/orngish color, and pumpkin is - usually - smooth textured, so it's kinda like a custard pie - little thicker - and you taste the cinnamon and other spices.

sweet potato pie is the same way

the best thing about it is taht it's best cool so that the filling is set up and you smother it in cool whip

Sweet potato pie is much sweeter. Pumpkin...yummy.

It's also pretty good about half cooled while watching the Macy's parade. With a nice mug of coffee.

The best pumpkin pie (imo) is the Libby recipe. And you mist use their pumpkin too. I think all the rest are inferior. I tried using other brands with the recipe. Nope.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        Cassie would definitely be on alcohol duty. When I went away to college, the first year I was old enough to buy alcohol, that's what I was told to bring. This lead to the family discovering Riesling because I hate chardonnay and decided to be daring and buy something different.
        Ooooo egg nog! Thanks for reminding me it was coming up on egg nog season. Gah I can never get enough of that stuff! Egg nog lattes, straight up egg nog, egg nog and rum...
        I've always thought that eggnog was an alcoholic beverage...I've never had it but boy would I love some right about now!
        At Christmas we usually drink Drambui or Bailey's. I much prefer my red wine...but I drink that all year round...who wants to wait for Christmas!!
        Originally posted by Melora View Post
        I'm sort of the same way. I don't like pumpkin pie at any other time of the year. But once Thanksgiving rolls around, I always get a hankering for it. Perhaps it's all of those beautiful fresh pies at the bakery that are just put out to tempt me around this time of year.
        Even though I like pumpkin, apple pie will always be my OTP (one true pie ).
        And to get back on topic - what kind of pie do you think Sam prefers?
        I love apple pie...and apricot pie...and blueberry pie...and the old four and twenty meat pie...it's an aussie thing!!!
        I would imagine that Sam likes pecan pie...like me...it's my favourite pie...I don't know how to make it but the Cheesecake Shop make a nice one...as does the gallery in Lilydale!!
        Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        I've been admiring the Ark of Truth promo photos in particular the full length shot of Sam in desert cammies. And I noticed something I've noticed many times over the years of SG1.

Sam has amazing nails! I work a desk job and can't seem to keep mine that nice. Just how does she keep them looking so good when she is so active Do all women Air Force officers have such good nails?
        It's called Revitanail...it works wonders...I work with my hands all day and handle things you really don't want to know about but my nails are strong and long and look like Amanda's...the Revitanail is awesome stuff...and my nails take a pounding on the keyboard every night...but I somehow doubt that real AF women have beautiful nails like that...maybe some...but not all!
        i don't do egg nog. milk and i don't get along, and i don't like eggs so....not much appealing
        what's really good? cranberry iced tea. half tea, half cranberry juice. garnish with lime and it's really good
        I don't do iced tea...hot tea...yes...but iced tea...no way!!...but the juice sounds good
        Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Ever eat a strawberry-rhubarb pie? Now that is yummy!
        or pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cookies...ooh! ever have pumpkin soup? Now that's something different and quite delish. *nods*

Me snarky? Never! Though a bit of rib poking is standard with me at all times.
        Oooh...rib poking...sweet!! You really ought to not go gently with me...I like things rough...ok....that came out wrong...never mind!
        I love strawberry/rhubarb pis with ice cream!! Yummo!!
        Have you ever had pumpkin scones???
        I don't like pumpkin soup...it's the one thing I can't eat when I go to my mum in laws for dinner...I have to say...I don't usually refuse to eat what's presented to me but that is one thing that just turns my stomach...that and strawberry milk.
        oh yeah, the only way pumpkin pies take that long is if you're making it from real pumpkin and not canned.
        canned punkins...spice it up, whip up a pie crust (which even i can do) put the pudding stuff in there, bake it and voila, punkin pie
        2 hours or less from the first can open to the pie cool enough to eat
        Ok...I have to ask...would you be willing to share a pumpkin pie and sweet potatoe pie recipe with a depraved deprived aussie?? And the cinnamon sugar treat as well??? Please??!!
        Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        pishtosh, I use frozen crusts...I'm all about the instant gratification when it comes to my pumpkin pie. That's how my grandma made them.
        Ah...we be two peas the same pod then!!!
        ah,but if you use frozen then you can't make the cinnamon/sugar treat out of the leftovers
        That's why you buy the two pack!
        LOL...you're just too clever sunny!! Thats' something I would do!!!! I really don't like to cook at all...I don't mind doing the dishes but to actually cook...I really would rather not....but with a hubby and 2 kids...I don't have much choice!!
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I think Sam would pull a practical joke on Teal'c...she'd take his Star Wars DVD's and replace them with
        Spoiler:
        copies of The Vagina Monologues
        LOL...sweet!!
        Actually I think she'd pull a prank on Daniel - to get him to lighten up. I think she'd mess with his books...rearrange them (cause we all know that man has them in alphabetical order) some how.
        swop some of the dust jackets round maybe....switch his coffee for decaf..such potential
        You know when you're hanging out in Samanda too much...you start channeling other Samandans thoughts...cool!!!
        Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        lol Or before S7... she would have hidden Janet's needles... Janet would assume it was Jack... lol She would even going as far as helping Janet look for them

Jack walks into the infirmary
        Janet: "Colonel? Where are they?"
        Jack: "Uhh... where are who?"
        Janet: "Not who. What and I know you took them. Sam and I have been looking..."
        Sam quickly and quietly exits the infirmary
        Jack: "Carter get back here and tell me what the heck Doc is talking about..."
        Laughter heard from the Corridor.
        LOL...cool...now that would make for excellent viewing...of course that would mean we would have to bring Janet back!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

If you believe that about someone making a pumpkin pie, I totally deserve to take Teal'c from you.

Thank goodness my family doesn't play the "guilt" game. If they did, I'd just stare at them and then tell them where they could stick their "guilt" game. Some how guilt and sarcasm don't mix well.

Truth be told, I'd rather have sarcasm than guilt.

*hugs sky
          My mum does the guilt thing. All the time. She's Catholic and a psychology major... bad combination. My middle brother gets on really well with her now, but I can remember when I was really little and he was a teenager and he yelled "get out of my head!" I now know exactly what he meant by that.

ah, the sekret is out

hankers for cinnamon pie crust

i can see sam doing that. buying a frozen pie crust and making a cinnamon/sugar one, then sitting down in front of the tv with a glass of wine and pigging out on the whole thing

it could be her own version of comfort food
          I just ate half a big pack of reeses pieces. *feels miserable* I bet Sam would be smart enough to take painkillers at times like this (cramps, argh) instead of feeding her misery.

In other off topic news, my laptop is broken. I feel like my arms have been cut off. I'm glad it happened now and not last week before I moved home. I really, really hope I get it back with all her bits and bytes (). And when I do, the first thing I'm doing is backing up all my photos. *headdesk* My computer is called Doc Fraiser
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            My mum does the guilt thing. All the time. She's Catholic and a psychology major... bad combination. My middle brother gets on really well with her now, but I can remember when I was really little and he was a teenager and he yelled "get out of my head!" I now know exactly what he meant by that.

I just ate half a big pack of reeses pieces. *feels miserable* I bet Sam would be smart enough to take painkillers at times like this (cramps, argh) instead of feeding her misery.
            In other off topic news, my laptop is broken. I feel like my arms have been cut off. I'm glad it happened now and not last week before I moved home. I really, really hope I get it back with all her bits and bytes (). And when I do, the first thing I'm doing is backing up all my photos. *headdesk* My computer is called Doc Fraiser
            (((Eileen)))...take it easy sweetpea!!!
            And lets not get started about mums...I could prattle on forever but we have visitors so I have to choof!!
            Night all...if I can make it back later I will...otherwise I'll be back soon...I have to work this weekend...such a PITM!!! ...but I is ok with it...at least I have a job!!...glass is half full thing!!
            Night all...take care, be safe and have fun!!
            (((Samanda)))
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

HI EVERYONE !(WAVES)

I had a job interview today it went ok but i didnt get the job i found out i need a couple of years expeariacne for what they were looking for but all in all i'm glad i went i get so nervus before an interview but i said to myself Elaine you can do it plus i watched SANCTUARY before i left

Oh PART 3 OF MY WEB 9 IS UP ON www. Sanctuaryforall.com
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                HI EVERYONE !(WAVES)

I had a job interview today it went ok but i didnt get the job i found out i need a couple of years expeariacne for what they were looking for but all in all i'm glad i went i get so nervus before an interview but i said to myself Elaine you can do it plus i watched SANCTUARY before i left

Oh that's too bad Elaine but better luck for next time...besides...it's a learning curve for you!!...good on you for giving it a go!!
                I'll have to go check out your pt3 in the Sanctuary site tomorrow...our visitors have just left and the dishes are done so now it's time to get the kids to bed!!

Oh and before I forget...again...
                Happy birthday to Teryl Rothery!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

And longer, thicker eyelashes!

That's just...wrong.

And not fair.

Though I do like guys with long hair as long as they keep it clean.
                  Well, my sons will have a problem. Both have long, thick hair and long, thick lashes. My older son keeps his bangs so long that he looks like Cousin It at times. When he pushes it to the side, he looks like a male version of Veronica Lake. (I'm showing my age here ) Although they are my boys and adore them to bits, I'm still jealous!

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

the cinnamon treat....just take a pie crust. sprinkle - liberally - cinnamon and sugar on it and then bake it.

you end up with a flaky crust covered with cinnamony sweetness

it's technically a way to make use of extra pie crust. if you make pie crusts from scratch, you usually end up with left overs, and you'd bake that and - as a mom - give it to the kids
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      Oooh...rib poking...sweet!! You really ought to not go gently with me...I like things rough...ok....that came out wrong...never mind!
                      I love strawberry/rhubarb pis with ice cream!! Yummo!!
                      Have you ever had pumpkin scones???
                      I don't like pumpkin soup...it's the one thing I can't eat when I go to my mum in laws for dinner...I have to say...I don't usually refuse to eat what's presented to me but that is one thing that just turns my stomach...that and strawberry milk.
                      Don't think I've had pumpkin scones before...think that's more of a Brit/Aussie thing. We might have it here but it's just not as popular as the 1001 other pumpkin sweets that we do have.

I LOVE strawberry milk! Can't believe you don't as I've never met a person who hasn't yet...well until now. lol

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Definitely get the pain killers if they work for you. Feeling bad about weight gain will be like a crux around your neck later and assuage any comfort those peanuty yummies might provide now.

*pats* I feel your pain. I'd be totally lost without my lappy. *huggles tightly*

HI EVERYONE !(WAVES)

awe...sorry to hear you didnt get the job. Perhaps next time. At least you gained the experience that the interview provided so you'll hopefully be less nervous next time.

And Kudos on using Helen/AT as your confidence booster.

Oh that's too bad Elaine but better luck for next time...besides...it's a learning curve for you!!...good on you for giving it a go!!
                      I'll have to go check out your pt3 in the Sanctuary site tomorrow...our visitors have just left and the dishes are done so now it's time to get the kids to bed!!

Oh and before I forget...again...
                      Ooh a big ditto to that! Yay!
                      Happy Birthday Teryl!

Comment

<snip>

You know when you're hanging out in Samanda too much...you start channeling other Samandans thoughts...cool!!!

LOL...cool...now that would make for excellent viewing...of course that would mean we would have to bring Janet back!!!
                        *pokes around in Chelle's head* hehe and Yes...they should definately do that...though there are always flashbacks!

HI EVERYONE !(WAVES)

Sorry to hear that! I am glad you went for it and maybe next time you'll be more fortunate, you can never have enough interview experience I find though.

Good luck with getting your laptop back!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          I think Sam would pull a practical joke on Teal'c...she'd take his Star Wars DVD's and replace them with
                          Spoiler:
                          copies of The Vagina Monologues
                          swop some of the dust jackets round maybe....switch his coffee for decaf..such potential
                          lol Or before S7... she would have hidden Janet's needles... Janet would assume it was Jack ... lol She would even going as far as helping Janet look for them
                          I'd like to see all of the above, I think Sam would make a great practical joker, she'd be able to 'look' so innocent about it too, and Amanda would love it too I think
                          HI EVERYONE !(WAVES)

Oh PART 3 OF MY WEB 9 IS UP ON
                          www. Sanctuaryforall.com
                          Aww Elaine I'm sorry you didn't get the job, good on you for giving it a go though, maybe next time eh

On the bolded part, I'm a bit confused, is that your pitch for season one? (sorry to sound so dumb)
                          Ditto from me too!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          Last edited by samcarterrules; 09 November 2007, 07:18 AM. Reason: typos
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Don't think I've had pumpkin scones before...think that's more of a Brit/Aussie thing. We might have it here but it's just not as popular as the 1001 other pumpkin sweets that we do have.

Happy Birthday Teryl!
                            Get thee to a Starbucks. They have pumpkin scones at this time of year.

And actually I think that strange flavors is how we've americanized scones. From what I understand, a 'proper' scone is plain with jam and cream on top. Or maybe with some raisins or cranberries (this is what the scones an Irish grandfather from my dance school made us had in them). Am I right, or am I crazy?

Oh and a ditto on the happy b-day to Teryl!

Comment

Get thee to a Starbucks. They have pumpkin scones at this time of year.

And actually I think that strange flavors is how we've americanized scones. From what I understand, a 'proper' scone is plain with jam and cream on top. Or maybe with some raisins or cranberries (this is what the scones an Irish grandfather from my dance school made us had in them). Am I right, or am I crazy?

Oh and a ditto on the happy b-day to Teryl!
                              Scones over here are plain, or have raisins/sultanas in them. The plain ones are more traditional (to be taken with butter, jam and/or cream, depending on preference), the fruit ones are a little bit more moist and I prefer those as I like to eat mine unbuttered and without jam- weird person that I am. A little sprinkle of the warm tasting spices such as cinnamon is an option, but not sure how traditional that is

I've just written a post about scones. Typical
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                                Scones over here are plain, or have raisins/sultanas in them. The plain ones are more traditional (to be taken with butter, jam and/or cream, depending on preference), the fruit ones are a little bit more moist and I prefer those as I like to eat mine unbuttered and without jam- weird person that I am. A little sprinkle of the warm tasting spices such as cinnamon is an option, but not sure how traditional that is

I've just written a post about scones. Typical
                                You're just feeding the stereotype

I perfer the fruit scones too since I also eat them sans butter or anything else. But the pumpkin ones at Starbucks are yummy - they have a bit of frosting on them.

Sam doesn't seem like a scone person, but I think AT might like them... I am just assuming this since her parents are English and she was born there. (see I'm feeding the stereotype now and bringing it back on topic!)

Comment

Working...
                                X