Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
    How about we just go with the classic 'SGC' flag.... that way it's universal....
    Sounds good.

Comment

How about we just go with the classic 'SGC' flag.... that way it's universal....
      Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
      Sounds good.
      all. bases. are. covered.

*snerk*

So...Sam's great yeah?
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        all. bases. are. covered.

*snerk*

So...Sam's great yeah?
        Yup. Great. Awesome.

Comment

Who's Sam?
          Just kidding....
          Alright Samandans... I have to run off to Pool League right now to get my butt kicked.... oh well... at least I'm on the drinking team....
          Just kidding....

Anyways, Hopefully I'll talk to you all laters!

Hugs~

~Me
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Who's Sam?
            Just kidding....
            Alright Samandans... I have to run off to Pool League right now to get my butt kicked.... oh well... at least I'm on the drinking team....
            Just kidding....

Anyways, Hopefully I'll talk to you all laters!

Hugs~

~Me
            *Hugs* Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              you'd think it was important...but also, when they give characters names, they have to run them through legal - to make sure there are no 'real' people wtih that name (or that could possibly be confused with the character)

it's possible that she just stayed 'mom' because they wouldn't have to do a legal search on that
              Well and it doesn't necessarily naturally come up...
              Sam: My mother, Penelope Carter, always used to say...

Just saw the Youtube ad. I loved the
              Spoiler:
              Highest ranking officer on Atlantis. Full Bird Colonel Samantha Carter!
              Seriously, how can you not love AT for doing this kind of thing. She's lovably goofy isn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Well and it doesn't necessarily naturally come up...
                Sam: My mother, Penelope Carter, always used to say...

Spoiler:
                Seriously, how can you not love AT for doing this kind of thing. She's lovably goofy isn't she?
                I've just seen that video. Loved it!!!! And yes, she is lovably goofy.

OT here: I'm currently watching Sky Digital channel 329 and Richard Dean Anderson is throwing some woman around in a kitchen...

EDIT:...Or at least he was.
                Last edited by Alan; 04 October 2007, 03:24 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

spoilers from joe's blog with s4
                  Spoiler:
                  Anna writes: “Will Carter get angry and yell at anyone this season?”

Answer: Yes. There’s one little exchange in particular that stands out - in Be All My Sins Remember’d where she dresses a certain character down for disrespecting one of her people.

ftw
                  also, a rather cool comicbook style drawing of the SG characters
                  http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01581.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                    Spoiler:

Answer: Yes. There’s one little exchange in particular that stands out - in Be All My Sins Remember’d where she dresses a certain character down for disrespecting one of her people.

ftw
                    Cool news there about
                    Spoiler:
                    angry Sam
                    ! I look forward to seeing that!

Also thanks for posting that artwork! Did you see what the artist did with Sam?! Wow! But he's probably only drawing what we (or is it only me?) all think.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                      !!Total Tappination!!

*Falls over*
                      Hehehe...I just had a vision from that movie with Kirsten Dunst...the cheer leading one...Bring It On I believe is the name of the movie...so anyway they had that trainer come in and do that number....Prepare for Total Domination....of course I prefer...
                      "Prepare For Total Tappination"
                      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      As for the bet, well it begs the question: Are AT's fans as tech-savvy and go-get-'em as DH's? We shall see.
                      We have to be...right?? I hope we blitz em!!!
                      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      So...Sam's great yeah?
                      Hell yeah...and Amanda's totally Spottie!!!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Let's not forget her shouting out..."ME!!!!"
                      We so love her!!!
                      As for Sam's mum's name...I've kinda imagined her being a Louise or Elizabeth or Kate...pity they never gave her a name...speaking of names...my hubby works with Matt Mason...not the major though...but every time he talks about Matt, I say..."Major Matt Mason?"...and he's like...yep!!...as for the legalities of names...I've heard of people who either work with or know someone who has a name of a tv character be it from Stargate or other shows so I would imagine that would be something difficult to control...I mean take a look at the name Jackson....there would have to be a few Daniel Jackson's out there right?? So it should have been easy to name Sam's mum...in my humble opinion I think it's just something they didn't worry about at the time...and to be honest...it doesn't bother me either way...I guess it just means we haven't got a canon name for her and that makes fic writing and reading more interesting I guess!
                      Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      I've just seen that video. Loved it!!!! And yes, she is lovably goofy.
                      OT here: I'm currently watching Sky Digital channel 329 and Richard Dean Anderson is throwing some woman around in a kitchen...
                      EDIT:...Or at least he was.
                      Hehehe...I think that movie might be "Through the eyes of a Killer"...I've seen a snippet of a movie where RDA's character is a bad dude and I think that was the one...although I could be totally wrong about that...but I think that's it...was it good???
                      Last edited by Chelle DB; 04 October 2007, 04:23 PM.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:

ftw
                        Oh yay...go Sam!! Can't wait for that!!! Thanks AD!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Hehehe...I think that movie might be "Through the eyes of a Killer"...I've seen a snippet of a movie where RDA's character is a bad dude and I think that was the one...although I could be totally wrong about that...but I think that's it...was it good???

*Alan flicks through pages of Radio Times* Lets see...lets see...Ah ha! Through the Eyes of a Killer! Your bang on the money there, chelle db!

I didn't see all the movie but what I saw looked pretty good. RDA was crazy in it but I didn't know why (although has he ever need a reason to be crazy in anything before?)!

Given the fact that Sky repeat programs and movies ad nausea, I'm sure I'll be able to catch if from the beginning again soon.

Comment

you'd think it was important...but also, when they give characters names, they have to run them through legal - to make sure there are no 'real' people wtih that name (or that could possibly be confused with the character)
                            That's just weird. People do have the same names...but I guess some people are real finicky about fictional people having the same one. I do know a Jacob Carter in RL...and he does have a sister Samantha... I can see them making sure no one has the same name say, in the military, if they are chosing a name for a military officer, but this was just her mother. Carter's a common enough last name. The chances of them finding a name for her that someone else didn't have are slim to none.
                            Spoiler:

ftw
                            Spoiler:
                            Yay! I can't wait for angry Sam!

Comment

well, what i mean is, let's say they give her the name of Marilyn Carter

they'd need to make sure that there is no real marilyn carter, married to jacob, with the children of mark and samantha

This is why Walter has had several names over the year. Because there already was a sgt harriman, and then there already was a sgt norman harriman, so it became walter.

This is why Pete Shanahan has the name he does and the profession he does. Originally there was a Peter Shanahan who was a reporter in denver...which was pete's orignial bio.

so he became a cop, and i think his last name changed too.

That's why, when she was first intro'd, keller was just Dr Keller. It took them a bit to clear a name, so now she's Jennifer
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well, what i mean is, let's say they give her the name of Marilyn Carter

they'd need to make sure that there is no real marilyn carter, married to jacob, with the children of mark and samantha

This is why Walter has had several names over the year. Because there already was a sgt harriman, and then there already was a sgt norman harriman, so it became walter.

This is why Pete Shanahan has the name he does and the profession he does. Originally there was a Peter Shanahan who was a reporter in denver...which was pete's orignial bio.

so he became a cop, and i think his last name changed too.

That's why, when she was first intro'd, keller was just Dr Keller. It took them a bit to clear a name, so now she's Jennifer
                                Ah, I see. It's not just the name but the details-spouse, kids, job. Gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                                X