Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    heh, I just noticed in those pics that she still has her SG1 patch on
    Oooh, cool. Thanks for pointing that out, I totally didn't notice it.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    I've been musing on this picture while at work and something was oddly familiar about it (beyond the obvious). She really reminds me of Janeway in this picture....am I nuts or can other people see it too? (or both )
    You're nuts. Hehe, no. But I can't see it myself. She definitely looks different though (apart from the obvious new hair). She's changed so much since S1 of SG-1!
    "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      but at least she escaped the 'bun of doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1'

poor janeway and that poor abused hair piece
      Hehe, if I wasn't on the uni computer I would post the latest photo I have of Kate

I will tonight.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
        Oooh, cool. Thanks for pointing that out, I totally didn't notice it.

You're nuts. Hehe, no. But I can't see it myself. She definitely looks different though (apart from the obvious new hair). She's changed so much since S1 of SG-1!
        Well she finally *officially* has her own command... I'm sure it's been said before, but when she had command of SG-1, she wasn't really commanding, Teal'c was an alien and Daniel was a civilian. So maybe that's why she looks different...
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
          Lol, and she wasn't the only one... Remember Troi from the first season... Oooh look an alien... funky hair

I like that Carter's hair kept up with the style. It made it all the more believable... And it looks just so darn good!
          hehe...Troi's hair was just plain weird...and huge! I never did like it.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Hehe, if I wasn't on the uni computer I would post the latest photo I have of Kate

I will tonight.
          *decides to lurk tonight just to see new pic*

Well she finally *officially* has her own command... I'm sure it's been said before, but when she had command of SG-1, she wasn't really commanding, Teal'c was an alien and Daniel was a civilian. So maybe that's why she looks different...
          I think it has to do something with age. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to say anything bad, just that with age comes wisdom...and confidence. Let's face it, Sam has seen and lived through much in her 10 yrs with SG1. I don't need to go into all the details cos I think it's pretty obvious. When you've been through all that though, and still come out the victor, it changes you. Makes you see situations, people, events, etc...from a whole new perspective. This quality is what I see in her now...or at least from the promo pics I've seen of her. She's beautiful on the outside and always will be to me, but there's a glow of confidence and strength in her eyes now that I dont think I ever saw before.

Ah yeah...I do tend to ramble on sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

I think it has to do something with age. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to say anything bad, just that with age comes wisdom...and confidence. Let's face it, Sam has seen and lived through much in her 10 yrs with SG1. I don't need to go into all the details cos I think it's pretty obvious. When you've been through all that though, and still come out the victor, it changes you. Makes you see situations, people, events, etc...from a whole new perspective. This quality is what I see in her now...or at least from the promo pics I've seen of her. She's beautiful on the outside and always will be to me, but there's a glow of confidence and strength in her eyes now that I dont think I ever saw before.

Couldn't have said it better... Actually that was what I was trying to say, so Mucho kudos to you for being able to put it into better words than I did....
            That and she is 10 years older than when she started the show Yes I had to be the little smarta%#......

Okay, gotta go shoot pool league for a bit... be back later tonight Hugs to all !
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Couldn't have said it better... Actually that was what I was trying to say, so Mucho kudos to you for being able to put it into better words than I did....
              That and she is 10 years older than when she started the show Yes I had to be the little smarta%#......

Okay, gotta go shoot pool league for a bit... be back later tonight Hugs to all !
              Hehe...I essentially knew what you were saying. I just took the opportunity to elaborate on it a bit more so actually, it was all you here.

And cool! Pool league? I've played pool at bars (love it love it!), but am curious if it's the same game I'm thinking of.

Came across this pic in another thread here and eagerly snatched it up. Not sure if it's been posted here, hopefully not. Anyway, the expression on AT face is hilarious. She would be sooo fun to party and hang out with!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                I've been musing on this picture while at work and something was oddly familiar about it (beyond the obvious). She really reminds me of Janeway in this picture....am I nuts or can other people see it too? (or both )

IMHO, Sam looks a bit old(er) in this pic. Perhaps that might be it, but there's something in her eyes that for me shouts Janeway as well. An inner confidence that shines outwardly I think, so alas! I cannot say your too crazy here cos I know what your talking about.

If anything, the stance is the same I think...

I've been really curious about finding out who this Janeway person is. I knew she was ST from posts, but I certainly didn't know what she looked like. So I'd say after viewing the pics, the stances are the same, but it's still just Sam. At least I know who Janeway is now..sorta....

Comment

IMHO, Sam looks a bit old(er) in this pic. Perhaps that might be it, but there's something in her eyes that for me shouts Janeway as well. An inner confidence that shines outwardly I think, so alas! I cannot say your too crazy here cos I know what your talking about.

If anything, the stance is the same I think...

Spoiler:

oh my god!!!!! that is great!!!! funny how we all like the same kinds of characters. the stance is so the same, strong and confident, and who knows maybe they are related some how. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* they are in different times.....
                  Stargate Pants Girl
                  (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                  Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Came across this pic in another thread here and eagerly snatched it up. Not sure if it's been posted here, hopefully not. Anyway, the expression on AT face is hilarious. She would be sooo fun to party and hang out with!

Spoiler:

hhhmmm. WTF is going on in that pic!? and
                    Spoiler:
                    who is she stripping!?

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                    I've been really curious about finding out who this Janeway person is. I knew she was ST from posts, but I certainly didn't know what she looked like. So I'd say after viewing the pics, the stances are the same, but it's still just Sam. At least I know who Janeway is now..sorta....
                    are you a ...*gasp* a star trek virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      but at least she escaped the 'bun of doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1'

poor janeway and that poor abused hair piece
                      LOL, yeah thank goodness for that

Ah yeah...I do tend to ramble on sometimes...
                      Nice ramble Celandine I agree with both yours and ~Sarah~ posts, Sam does seem more settle in all aspects of her life which is bound to make her more confident

Nice pic, thanks for sharing and yeah I think Amanda would be great fun to hang out with

Night folks, take care

(((((((Samanda's))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                        hhhmmm. WTF is going on in that pic!? and
                        Spoiler:
                        who is she stripping!?

are you a ...*gasp* a star trek virgin?
                        That would be from a Gatecon when I believe they were auctioning one of Corin Nemec's T-shirts from his S6 wardrobe and there were calls for him to 'model' it. So Amanda kindly stepped in, because Corin obviously needed help undressing himself At least I think that's the story behind it, because when I've previously seen this pic I've been too busy ogling CN and both loving and being envious of AT to have really been concerned with the why aspect

I have never really watched Trek in any form, but I do know who Janeway is. I'm still waited on Neep to post her pic though
                        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          I downloaded it because I couldn't play it. I can share if people are having probs.

rderoch helped me get the direct streaming URL and I saved it using Super
                          It worked for me. Yay! It's on the nose for SciFi channel movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            It worked for me. Yay! It's on the nose for SciFi channel movies.
                            Spoiler:
                            must get to ...science world
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I think that by that point, SG-1 had outgrown the need for a traditional leader; Daniel and Teal'c knew their jobs so well that they didn't need to have Sam constantly hovering and giving them step by step instructions. She was more of a first among equals than the kind of leader Jack was when the team was first formed and they needed a leader to keep them on track and help them gel as a team.

The situation on Atlantis is quite different; although I'm sure that the members of the expedition team know what they're doing, there are so many of them that a leader is needed to provide structure.

With three people on a team, there could be a democracy of sorts, with everyone getting a chance to pursue his or her own interests and objectives and to voice an opinion about which course of action to take, with Sam only needing to put her foot down when things got out of hand and make the final call as the situation demanded.

With hundreds of people on Atlantis, its obviously a completely different situation and Sam, as leader, will need to make decisions for the expedition team and their mission as a whole rather than letting each person do more or less what he or she likes.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I totally agree. I didn't want to explicity say earlier she's looking different partly because she's older, in case it was construed as being a negative comment, because it's not intended that way at all. (I guess I should of realised it's kind of an obvious thing. I mean, my mum looks completely different to how she looked ten years ago. Especially seeing as styles and fashions etc constantly change and all that jazz. ). But anyway, I do love the way Amanada/Sam's looking in all the SGA 4 promo shots and screencaps...can't wait for it to start.
                                "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Working...
                                X