Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
    Those are awesome Mini. If i was goin id so vote for them. i expecially love the second one with the dark backround. I would green you but im all out, i might have to come back when i have some green and give you some.
    You guys are very kind. The truth is, I was so (gobsmacked<g>) last year by how much the GABIT folks did and how many people came together to raise money for Hearing Dogs, I really wanted to be able to give something back too. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to bid high on things, I don't have a super flying magic credit card (*coughAmerbmooncough*) and about the only "cool" skill I have is drawing, so ... it had to be that. And then I'm thinking: who the HECK would wanna actually PAY for one of these??? But I have enough friends 'round here that I'm hoping we can support the geek!!! Plus, if THAT fails, there's always Ambermoon's credit card.... she'll bid on ANYTHING.

huggles all*
    mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      You guys are very kind. The truth is, I was so (gobsmacked<g>) last year by how much the GABIT folks did and how many people came together to raise money for Hearing Dogs, I really wanted to be able to give something back too. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to bid high on things, I don't have a super flying magic credit card (*coughAmerbmooncough*) and about the only "cool" skill I have is drawing, so ... it had to be that. And then I'm thinking: who the HECK would wanna actually PAY for one of these??? But I have enough friends 'round here that I'm hoping we can support the geek!!! Plus, if THAT fails, there's always Ambermoon's credit card.... she'll bid on ANYTHING.

huggles all*
      mg
      I know how you feel, Mini. About the giving back stuff. You're lucky to have a talent that's useful in these situations! Your art is gorgeous. Amy and I were discussing it this evening and I showed her some of the pictures from last year.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

huggles all*
        mg
        darling, you draw it, amanda signs it...along with you, presuming that gabit accepts it as a donation, it WILL sell. My gut feeling, it will sell.

I wish i had something cool like that that i could do, but i don't draw or knit or sew. My talents are pretty useless beyond cranking out fanfic and the occasional jaunt in photoshop...and even with that i'm a dabbler not an artist

You are truly talented and it's a wonderful thing that you're doing
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          oh, i think traditional ficathon length is 1000 words...roughly 5-6 single spaced pages or so. Although we're not exactly gonna be counting words and taking a ruler to someone that comes in at 800...just as we're not gonna be whacking those that come in with 20,000 words
          Hmmmmmmm... 1000 words... Even a few thousand-ish.... I think I could do that.

Ehhhhh, 20K..... Ehmmmmm..... maybe not this time!
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

huggles all*
            mg
            Huggles back atcha! Your Magnus drawings are a magnus opus! Superb and of course they'll sell! Amanda may want them for her own, who knows?! But then she'd have to outbid Amber, eh?!

Hope you're all returning. Are you?!

Comment

huggles all*
              mg
              LOL! Amber is going again, isn't she?

I remember it didn't take long for Amanda to start zeroing in on Amber... If all else failed, she'd make sure to hold the latest item up for bid in an alluring manner at the end of Amber's row and raise a brow that said, 'oh c'mon, you know you *want* it!' LOL! Have great pics of Amber's credit card arm waving, Amber standing on her chair to make sure she was seen... Unfortunately I don't think I got one of Amanda hijacking Amber's credit card down the central aisle!

(((((((((AmberMoon))))))(((((mini)))))))

Amanda successfully luring Amber in for the CarterBear, hook, line, and sinker...
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

huggles all*
                mg
                It doesn't take a lot talent to help raise money for those of you who like myself lack creativity. One of the things I try to do is just give back a bit. I've gone to quite a few of these things now and acquired items that Amanda has signed and I just donate those items to AT3. It may not be a huge money maker, but every dollar helps.

Comment

ickle carter bear...poor girl with a stick up her....ahem, bare

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    It doesn't take a lot talent to help raise money for those of you who like myself lack creativity. One of the things I try to do is just give back a bit. I've gone to quite a few of these things now and acquired items that Amanda has signed and I just donate those items to AT3. It may not be a huge money maker, but every dollar helps.
                    And even if you don't have any money... It doesn't have to be for hearing dogs, just go out in your town and see if people need volunteers for something... and ask them if you can help out. Even if it is only an hour a week...those little things help!!!

Every little thing helps, to make it into something big.

I might be passionate about this, and I know I am, but I think people should help each other whenever they can... sometimes a little gesture is what other people need...someone who cares!

Comment

Maybe we could do something as Samanda that we can donate?

Maybe if we had a some volunteers to put it all together, we could organise a quilt. Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't it be cool if we found a simple (but effective) pattern and everyone finds a couple of cool fabrics and puts 1 square together. If we put together really clear instructions, does everyone think they could put one square together?

Of course, it would all depend on someone volunteering to put it all together at the end (with a few $ from each of us to pay for the materials?). I would volunteer, but (not to mention that I wouldn't be the most skilled) the shipping costs for a complete quilt from NZ to the UK would be awful.

Hmmm. Could this work? Any other ideas for a project?
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post

*cough*

I love them!
                        Ahem. I think that's an early $500 bid from NZ. I'm always right about these things.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        And even if you don't have any money... It doesn't have to be for hearing dogs, just go out in your town and see if people need volunteers for something... and ask them if you can help out. Even if it is only an hour a week...those little things help!!!

Every little thing helps, to make it into something big.

I might be passionate about this, and I know I am, but I think people should help each other whenever they can... sometimes a little gesture is what other people need...someone who cares!
                        It's true, listen to what Eve says!

We all have different things we can give. I'm a student and I don't have much money, but I have a weird schedule so I find myself with time to give during the day. That's how I found myself out on the street with a bucket collecting for things like Rape Crisis and Womens Refuge. Amanda inspired me to do that and I'm so glad because as well as helping out, I have met some awesome people.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Maybe we could do something as Samanda that we can donate?

Maybe if we had a some volunteers to put it all together, we could organise a quilt. Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't it be cool if we found a simple (but effective) pattern and everyone finds a couple of cool fabrics and puts 1 square together. If we put together really clear instructions, does everyone think they could put one square together?

Of course, it would all depend on someone volunteering to put it all together at the end (with a few $ from each of us to pay for the materials?). I would volunteer, but (not to mention that I wouldn't be the most skilled) the shipping costs for a complete quilt from NZ to the UK would be awful.

Hmmm. Could this work? Any other ideas for a project?
                          i'm all for us doing something...but i think the proposal should be run by GABIT first. they may or may not want to be deluged with stuff, or may not need more stuff for thier auction lineup

so...nzneep, since it's your idea, would you like to snag becks when you see her and see if they have an issue with things before we run off with an idea that will either be an inconvenience or an issue

Let's make sure that we know our destination before we start off on a trip

sigpic

Comment

i'm all for us doing something...but i think the proposal should be run by GABIT first. they may or may not want to be deluged with stuff, or may not need more stuff for thier auction lineup

so...nzneep, since it's your idea, would you like to snag becks when you see her and see if they have an issue with things before we run off with an idea that will either be an inconvenience or an issue

Let's make sure that we know our destination before we start off on a trip
                            Sure. I'm on it
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

darling, you draw it, amanda signs it...along with you, presuming that gabit accepts it as a donation, it WILL sell. My gut feeling, it will sell.

I wish i had something cool like that that i could do, but i don't draw or knit or sew. My talents are pretty useless beyond cranking out fanfic and the occasional jaunt in photoshop...and even with that i'm a dabbler not an artist

You are truly talented and it's a wonderful thing that you're doing
                              I'll try to bid.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

huggles all*
                                mg
                                I actually did a drawing for a silent auction at a charity event a few years back (spazzie will know the one I am talking about ). I didn't expect anything from it, but it ended up being the item that went for the highest price. I was tickled to say the least

I was actually considering doing something similar for AT3, but I don't want to be stepping on toes

I say go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X