Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I was wondering about Sam's badges and medals again (when I was supposed to be doing other work ) .

She seems to be at Senior Level in the Space/Missile designation. Apparently after 15 years you can go up to Master level. Do you think she'd have been in service long enough for the Master level?

And on her medals:
    In this photo she seems to have the Air Medal (top row on the right) and the Meritorious Service medal (next to the Air Medal), but I can't tell what the top left one is. Any of you military types/ military buffs have a clue?

... i want that hair. if mine got that long, it was be full and fat and thick. (tiss why i keep it short and full of gel)

as for the medals... if they had a girl scouts badge on her, i wouldn't know the difference.

and i want to know if sam's been promoted in that amanda-jason pic!!

(wouldn't it be neat if we found out, in some time travel ep, that sam made general and was commanding the base!?! )

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      ... i want that hair. if mine got that long, it was be full and fat and thick. (tiss why i keep it short and full of gel)

as for the medals... if they had a girl scouts badge on her, i wouldn't know the difference.

and i want to know if sam's been promoted in that amanda-jason pic!!

(wouldn't it be neat if we found out, in some time travel ep, that sam made general and was commanding the base!?! )

sally
      Wow, see, I could never imagine having hair that short. Personally, I love Amanda's longer hair, but she looks great with any style.

And Sam as SGC CO? Yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i don't know if it was bleached as much as AT just spent a lot of time in the sun and her hair lightened up

especially in smoke and mirrors, she had such a nice tan, and either the contrast or the sun made her hair look very, very blonde
        In either case, it was just a touch too blond IMHO. I like a little more golden color than the almost white all over, bleach blond look (hightlights that blond are nice - I have those).

Course it also just could have been the color settings on my TV.

I've never hated her hair. I've just loved it even more at times (season 10).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          as to amanda's hair...once i get some good pics of it i can now take it to the stylist and go 'this is what i want'.
          while you're at it, could you ask if she's a natural blond? thanks. and sorry if it's already been asked.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

that is fabulous hair. I wish the chick hadn't cut my sides so short. Grrrrrr. I also wish I had ticker hair. I usually use a straightener on my hair to style it, but I think if I had the right products I could get a bit of that body (only because it's short now).

*impatiently waiting for her hair to grow out again*

Comment

I really like Amanda with long hair, not to say that I dont' like her with short hair though...but I think if it is long she really looks great. I don't know why I think that though lol. I do think that if she has short hair, it shows more of her expresion on her face though...and with long hair it got a bit lost. So for Sam I like her with short hair, and as Amanda with long hair.

I think with long her she looks more feminin...and more girly girl and cuter

And if only I had her hair...mine is always so flat...you have no idea lol...

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                Sam in dress blues...

(all thinking)
                Daniel: Boy I look good in this suit.
                Teal'c: I wonder if Major Carter knows how good she looks in her dress blues.
                Sam: If I calculate the decay rate of naquada.....
                Walter: I know I could lead SG1.
                (oops looks like I forgot Siler)

Siler: I still can't figure out where all those golf balls are comng from.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i just watched 'cold case' (dang that stupid show for *always* making me cry )

spoilers for 'line in the sand'

Spoiler:
                  in 'cold case', a stupid jerk father/husband is dying of brain cancer. at the end of the episode, his wife administers a mega dose of morphine... between the lump in my throat, i started thinking of sam being dosed with morphine in 'LitS'...

i'm just soooooooo glad that sam didn't die!!!!

i know, it didn't happen, but with the diminishing atlantis cast... it's something to be frightened of.

k, sam's alive and there.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    (all thinking)
                    Daniel: Boy I look good in this suit.
                    Teal'c: I wonder if Major Carter knows how good she looks in her dress blues.
                    Sam: If I calculate the decay rate of naquada.....
                    Walter: I know I could lead SG1.
                    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    (oops looks like I forgot Siler)

Siler: I still can't figure out where all those golf balls are comng from.

Daniel: I wonder what Sam ment by that...
                    Teal'c: Indeed
                    Sam: ...but if I hook the naquada generator to the...
                    Walter: maybe it should be chevron "seven has connected"...
                    Siler: I wonder where i put my Wrench
                    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

i just watched 'cold case' (dang that stupid show for *always* making me cry )

spoilers for 'line in the sand'

Spoiler:
                      *snip*

I love that show too! And it does make me cry.

We are a few eps behind the US. I just watched the episode with Bob Picardo. He can be so evil I informed mum that it was Woolsey, but she still sees him as just the Doctor.

Line in the Sand

Spoiler:
                      Yeah, with the morphine thing... Amanda's acting was so brilliant in LitS that is was easy to get caught up in it, even though we knew she was going to survive.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                        I love that show too! And it does make me cry.

We are a few eps behind the US. I just watched the episode with Bob Picardo. He can be so evil I informed mum that it was Woolsey, but she still sees him as just the Doctor.

Line in the Sand

Spoiler:
                        Yeah, with the morphine thing... Amanda's acting was so brilliant in LitS that is was easy to get caught up in it, even though we knew she was going to survive.
                        LITS! My copy is stuck in my VCR, which got fried last week in a storm. All this talk and I can't even watch it. Curses!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                          Daniel: I wonder what Sam ment by that...
                          Teal'c: Indeed
                          Sam: ...but if I hook the naquada generator to the...
                          Walter: maybe it should be chevron "seven has connected"...
                          Siler: I wonder where i put my Wrench
                          Ahahaha! See that my friends? Walter's line... that was a real spit take. My coffee left my mouth and ended up back in the coffee cup.

Aren't I charming?
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            LITS! My copy is stuck in my VCR, which got fried last week in a storm. All this talk and I can't even watch it. Curses!
                            Awww. *hugs a distraught LA Doyle*

Will you feel better if you go listen to the song "Rent" from the RENT soundtrack? It has the line "Draw a line in the sand and then make a staa-aand!"

It always runs through my head when we discuss that ep.

It really isn't the same, is it?

Smash the darn thing with a hammer, get that episode out.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                              Awww. *hugs a distraught LA Doyle*

Will you feel better if you go listen to the song "Rent" from the RENT soundtrack? It has the line "Draw a line in the sand and then make a staa-aand!"

It always runs through my head when we discuss that ep.

It really isn't the same, is it?

Smash the darn thing with a hammer, get that episode out.
                              Don't think I haven't thought about doing that. *eyes hammer in corner*

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                Sam's view of the space shuttle launch from her F-302 :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

(So beautiful!! No wonder Sam wanted to be an astronaut! It is actually a view of the shuttle launch from the international space station - friend viral mailed it to me)
                                Wow what amazing photo's, thankyou for posting them
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X