Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    kinda like she's bottled up 10 years of 'sam' not being able to say anything and 'taking it' as her character ends up doing and has channeled it into a kick tushie character that doesn't take anything from anyone if she doesn't want to
    Yeah. She kinda scares me. Can't wait to see the character in action!

Originally posted by tagger
    YAY!! Calling the shots as a character, an actor, and producer.

I hope Sanctuary takes off so the whole creative team can keep making...

what they like, how they like.

Soooo we get a product we like.
    Me too. The only downer is only getting 15 minutes a week. I am so much the "immediate gratification" girl that that is going to be hard!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      ~~~
      i feel pretty good about this answer. (i know what to expect)

i want to ask a question of atlantis fans, though. with the way sam's role was described above; is that the way weir was on atlantis too? was weir one of the lead characters, or a supporting character?

just today, i started reading up on atlantis (on gateworld's ep summaries). i wanted to wait until closer to atlantis/sam's premier started, but i'm finding more and more atlantis convos (that i don't know what's being talked about).

i have another question for atlantis fans; is sheppard cocky? (i don't like cocky heroes)

sally
      So far, Weir mainly stays in Atlantis while the team (Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, and Ronon) goes off on adventures through the Gate. Every once in while, she tags along with them on missions – especially if a negotiator is needed (i.e. Progeny, Condemned, Home, etc.). Unlike SG-1, however, a lot of the episodes in the past few seasons of SGA have been based in Atlantis itself. In these episodes, Weir usually plays a central role and is sometimes the main character in the episode (The Real World, Before I Sleep, Letters from Pegasus, The Long Goodbye just to name a few).

So I wouldn’t say Weir’s role was supporting like Hammond’s was. She is definitely more of a main character. I think Sam will probably not be as central a character as Weir was (b/c she will only be in 14 episodes), but she will not be as secondary as Hammond was. I have a feeling she will be more like Landry has been in the last couple of seasons, where he plays an active role in some episodes and even goes off world sometimes. At the same time, he is not really a main character in that he is not in all of the episodes and in many he is just there as a secondary character. From what Joe says in his blog, it sounds like Sam will play a bit bigger role in SGA than Landry did in SG-1. I just hope that Sam has better stories to work with than Landry did.

Sheppard is definitely cocky, IMHO. He’s the Jack O’Neill of Atlantis, complete with sexy smirk and snarky one-liners. However, he is no where near as cocky and obnoxious as McKay. I have a feeling you will like Sheppard, if only b/c he is easy on the eyes.

Comment

"The Space Between" is a gen fic/tag I started late last week, and I just posted Part 2/3 here.

Part 1 was between Sam and McKay, and this chapter is between Sam and Sheppard. The whole story takes place between "The Return, Part I/The Quest, Part I" and "The Shroud".

Part 3 with Liz should be posted some time in the next few days or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
          Me too. The only downer is only getting 15 minutes a week. I am so much the "immediate gratification" girl that that is going to be hard!
          I'm with you Deejay, "now if not before" tends to be my motto! I'm not known for my self-control...

p.s. love the Schrödinger t-shirt NZBG!
          "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            joe answered a question:

Anonymous #4 writes: “ Just hoping that you will find your way clear to answering a question posed previously - will Carter be (1) playing an active role (action, out with the team sometimes, sam-whumping, commanding her ship, etc.), (2) be more like Hammomd where it is basically talking and directing the teams what to do or (3) just a figure-head that you can say is there and in charge but with no real role or action to play?”

(joe) Answer: Carter will be playing a support (not unlike Landry) but her background will allow her greater involvement and, yes, could even see her heading off-world.
            ~~~
            i feel pretty good about this answer. (i know what to expect)
            i want to ask a question of atlantis fans, though. with the way sam's role was described above; is that the way weir was on atlantis too? was weir one of the lead characters, or a supporting character?
            just today, i started reading up on atlantis (on gateworld's ep summaries). i wanted to wait until closer to atlantis/sam's premier started, but i'm finding more and more atlantis convos (that i don't know what's being talked about).
            i have another question for atlantis fans; is sheppard cocky? (i don't like cocky heroes)

sally
            Thanks for that Sally!!
            I personally feel that Sheppard is a little cocky but not in an "in your face" kinda way...if that makes sense??...I actually like the guy/character...I find it hard to listen to Cam sometimes but not with Sheppard! Actually...I'mnot sure if cocky is the right word...he's pretty laid back if anything...I like him....I think he's great...right up there with Jack...IMHO!!
            Originally posted by wibbling View Post
            I'm with you Deejay, "now if not before" tends to be my motto! I'm not known for my self-control...

p.s. love the Schrödinger t-shirt NZBG!
            Well...I'm with both of you...I really hate waiting...I want it now...Oooh my gosh...I sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka...that's it...I'm changing my ways...I'll learn to be patient if it kills me...arghhhhh...but I really hate waiting!!!
            I love the Schrodinger shirt as well Eileen...where did you get them from???

Ok...gute nacht alles...I'm off to pack and do the wifey things and blah blah blah....Niki and I are off tomorrow to the con to meet DSD and CA...and we are well prepared...thanks be to Sky!!
            Take care everyone, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones!!

(((Samandans)))
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              Thanks for that Sally!!
              I personally feel that Sheppard is a little cocky but not in an "in your face" kinda way...if that makes sense??...I actually like the guy/character...I find it hard to listen to Cam sometimes but not with Sheppard! Actually...I'mnot sure if cocky is the right word...he's pretty laid back if anything...I like him....I think he's great...right up there with Jack...IMHO!!
              My mum hates cocky. but she has seen the first 2 episodes of Atlantis and so far she thinks her favourite character is going to be Sheppard or Weir. So he can't be too bad... I don't know if cocky is the right word... he isn't arrogant.

I love the Schrodinger shirt as well Eileen...where did you get them from???
              I got it from www.thinkgeek.com Best site evar! My sister split the (awful) postage and got the t-shirt with the glucose molecule and a diagram of a heart. I think sticking her in a sweetheart t-shirt is false advertising.

Heh, that's what happens when one twin takes after the biologists in the family and one takes after the physicists.

Chelle, have fun meeting Don and CA! Don really is a sweetheart.

And everyone! Do as she says, she kicked my arse before. Er, hug your loved ones, that is!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Naturally Sam won the prettiest woman picture contest And I set myself a challenge to make icons with al 50 pics. So I'm here to share the first 10. Hope you like them. Snurching totally allowed (but do not hotlink), just let me know. More to come later this week.
                <snip>
                next 10

11. 12. 13. 14. 15.

16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
                Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 30 April 2007, 09:31 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hehe! That's my goof one!

They are gorgeous!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                    Hehe! That's my goof one!

They are gorgeous!
                    Thanks, and I used the word goofy because you did
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Thanks, and I used the word goofy because you did
                      I guessed as much! Heh, she is such a goof though. I found some photos that my mum took a couple of days ago when she was learning to use her camera, and I'm hamming it up like Amanda without even realising! I was doing her facial expressions and everything
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                        :: Cracks Knuckles::

The artistic endeavors of the brilliantly talented minigeek swept through the Samadan thread leaving its normally enthusiastic readers speechless basking in the exquisite and imaginative artistic works. Those who managed to comment on the admirable works were quoted as saying “Woot, wow, wow” For this audacious lurker artistic talent demonstrated by minigeek resulted in finally spreading the precious “Green” that they are allotted. So this silent but deadly lurker salutes you minigeek and your creative skills.

This post brought to you by the Letters A and T and the number 10.
                        And the good people at http://thesaurus.reference.com/
                        Wow. That's very cool. Way better than a block of jello, even! Cheers!

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                        I have to ask, how did you get an unreleased image?
                        I could tell you. But then I'd have to kill you.

What I can say is that this is "THE" outfit, Helen is wearing, right down to the boots. It was a very cool shot and Amanda looks stunning in leather, as ever. One thing I didn't include in this version of the sketch is the very neat belt she's wearing,the buckle is quite large, it's got intricate tendrils much like the Sanctuary logo, and I love it. Very great. She could definitely hop on a motorcycle and take off in that get-up.

geek
                        Last edited by minigeek; 26 April 2007, 05:57 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have to say I don't think cocky is the right word for Shep either. I find Cam to be far more cocky and annoying than Shep. (Shep annoys me sometimes because he's like the poor man's Jack O'Neill-and I felt making him so obviously like Jack was manipulative in the extreme.) I would say he's more irreverant. As a character I like him tons better than I do or can ever dream of liking Cam.

I think, being used though, to Jack's flavor of irreverance and humor Sam might be in the best position to work well with, and get control over Shep.

Comment

Caption Time

Just another day at the office.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Caption Time

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2...l5f0454zo1.jpg
                              Just another day at the office.
                              So for Sam-whump what did you like more LITS or Death Knell ?
                              I really have to go with Death Knell, at least Sam didn't just sit there helpless, but really tried to kill the Supersoldier and according to Jacob he really was supposed to die after being hit by that rocket !!! Not to mention that although it was jack that killed him, it was only with sam's help...

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                                So for Sam-whump what did you like more LITS or Death Knell ?
                                I really have to go with Death Knell, at least Sam didn't just sit there helpless, but really tried to kill the Supersoldier and according to Jacob he really was supposed to die after being hit by that rocket !!! Not to mention that although it was jack that killed him, it was only with sam's help...
                                Death Knell, ftw.

LitS was great,
                                Spoiler:
                                because it featured the whole team in a substantial way, and everyone had something to contribute to the storyline

...but DK, for sheer wits and whumpage, is pretty hard to top.

Beyond "Continuum," I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get much Sam whump anymore... So I guess we have to enjoy it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X