Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    I would guess they asked about "The Shroud" because that is from next weeks TV Guide and that is the epsiode that will air next week.

yes, but why 'amanda'? why not michael shanks, since it was basically his episode? heck, i'm not 'complaining' that it's amanda -any advertisement of amanda is GOOD- but i'm just still curious why her over the 'focus' of the episode?

maybe *this* was one of their 'amanda/sam's going to atlantis!' first advertisements???

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      yes, but why 'amanda'? why not michael shanks, since it was basically his episode? heck, i'm not 'complaining' that it's amanda -any advertisement of amanda is GOOD- but i'm just still curious why her over the 'focus' of the episode?
      because she was there.
      Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      maybe *this* was one of their 'amanda/sam's going to atlantis!' first advertisements???
      start counting!
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        I have been itching to draw more, but my skills are so rusty that I tend to get frustrated. Gah.

I have one year to get a gorgeous picture drawn! I will do it! I swear.

Actually I would really like to do one of Sam, one of Helen and one of AT, but that could be wishful thinking.

I work near Santa Monica College, so I pass like 4 art supply stores on my commute. I am soooooooooooooo tempted.
        give it a try. worse comes to worse, you will have a 6 hour flight on the way to AT3 next year. plenty of time to draw
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          I have been so tempted to buy the Schrödinger's t-shirt. My t-shirt wardrobe is boring me now. Well, it's gotten a bit better with the influx from the Vancouver trip.

The shirt's funny because it's a SG reference without trying to be.
          Yep! I decided years ago that I'm going to name my first dog Schrödinger, because I like to be different.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Wanna do a thesis on international travel or London culture? Or the sci-fi fandom?
          See, it's a course related cost because I'm doing it for my physics degree. I'm going to hear the world's leading astrophysicist speak.

Now, I'm glad you guys are all having fun teasing Mini and Sky I have the day off for ANZAC day, so I'm back home on the coast with nieces and nephews everywhere. And it's really autumn! We are pigging our way through buckets of feijoas and chestnuts gathered from the back yard

Hug your loved ones everyone!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Pardon my boorish ignorance, but what the heck is an ANZAC?
            (and how do we import one? i'd like the day off, too!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i'll just grow 6 inches, lose 20 pounds, cut my hair short and tell them that i'm amanda

now stop laughing, stop, stop!!!!!!!!
              None of us will ever notice. I'm mean, it's not like any of us have ever seen her before.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                Yep! I decided years ago that I'm going to name my first dog Schrödinger, because I like to be different.

Hug your loved ones everyone!
                You and Suse would get along great. She named her cat Spot. He was tiger striped.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Sorry, I should have explained

ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. It was originally the NZ and Aussie guys sent to fight at Gallipoli in World War 1. Now April 25th in a public holiday in memory of the guys that died. A lot of them did.

Every year heaps of NZers and Aussies gather at ANZAC cove in Turkey, and dawn services are held all over NZ and Australia.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                    Sorry, I should have explained

ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. It was originally the NZ and Aussie guys sent to fight at Gallipoli in World War 1. Now April 25th in a public holiday in memory of the guys that died. A lot of them did.

Every year heaps of NZers and Aussies gather at ANZAC cove in Turkey, and dawn services are held all over NZ and Australia.
                    Ah. Much like Remembrance Day for Canada. Veteran's Day for the USA. I did mention my boorish ignorance, did I not?

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      You and Suse would get along great. She named her cat Spot. He was tiger striped.
                      When I was 8 I named my cat Tigger, because he is a black tabby

I was planning on naming my next cat Dog, short for "Not a Dog." But I told my sister that she has to call her new kitten Not a Pup, because I discovered that she wags her tail when you rub her back, then rolls onto her back for a belly rub.

I also want a bird and a fish to name Finley and Feathers.

*ETA* Now that Tigger is a huge Tom cat, I have taken to calling him "Kitten" for some weird reason.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Ah. Much like Remembrance Day for Canada. Veteran's Day for the USA. I did mention my boorish ignorance, did I not?
                        Well, I didn't know the exact names for Remembrance Day and Veteran's day, so we can be ignorant together But yeah, just like those.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          hey, my cat is named spot too.

she's a muted calico and she has this little beige spot on her forehead....thus the name
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            hey, my cat is named spot too.

she's a muted calico and she has this little beige spot on her forehead....thus the name
                            Wow. I guess "Cat" was taken, huh?

Comment

Australian New Zealand Army Corps. The name of a Corps of Aussie and Kiwi troops that fought in WW1 at Gallopili against the Turks and in France and the Middle East. Nowadays it represents Aussie or Kiwi troops of any conflict. ANZAC Day is a national holiday in Australia and New Zealand for honouring and remembering Australian and New Zealand troops, April 25th being the day the ANZAC's landed at Gallopili in 1915 and was the first major military action by Australia and New Zealand. It's an important day in Australia, since it's kinda regarded as the 'real national day'. Australia Day (26th of Jan) marks the day of federation in 1901 (when all the states formed together to become one nation), but WW1 was the first real test of the nation and alot of our national identity came out of it. One of the Kiwi's would be better able to explain what the day means to them
                              The Americans have Veterans Day which is the same kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

*cough* San Diego Comic Con!!
                                Tell me more.

I'm not getting my memos.
                                Consider yourself memorand-ized. (lovely invented word, huh?)

Comment

Working...
                                X