Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    Yeah, but since the casting for SGA season 4 doesn't say "Weir is leaving the show so that Sam can have it all to herself" - anyone reacting as though it does isn't going to get any sympathy from me.

Weir is/was my favourite character on SGA.

Unless it's a protected thread and OT, I'll say it sucks that Weir's leaving and that it's great that Sam's arriving if I feel like it. I'm not prepared to apologise for either.
    Hehe, love the new sig, Scari!

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      I'm so sad Weir is leaving but I'm also psyched about Sam coming in and she's gonna be in the main credits YAY.

I don't see the two as connected so I, like scarimor, am not going to appologise for either of my views. I love Weir, and I'm so sorry she's leaving but Sam going to Atlantis makes me feel a little happier. Although, I don't intend to go galavanting through other threads and shoving my excitement in other peoples faces because that's not fair and Sky is right, people are grieving and they need time.

I can't wait for S4 and I really wish that I could say that I can't wait for S11 but, nah, that ain't gonna happen so all my excitement is now aimed at Atlantis! The lucky devils.
      AND they get Sam!

Wendy
      Hugs
      Yeah, I think it is perfectly o.k. for us to be happy about Sam's arrival in Atlantis, and we shouldn't appologize for it. Of course, I am avoiding the hot threads at the moment, because I don't like the negativity. I even avoid some of my favorite threads sometimes when they start focusing too much on the negatives.

As excited as I am to see Amanda's name in the credits on SGA, I hope TPTB are smart about it. I wasn't online yet when RDA left and Ben arrived. I hated that RDA was leaving, but I understood and was even excited about the arrival of another one of my crushes (not ashamed to admit it) on my favorite show. However, when the opening credits came on I was instantly furious with the PTB and it filtered over to Cameron Mitchell! How could they give the new guy the first place in the credits????? IMO, without RDA, Amanda should have been given that spot or even Chris or Michael. It was wrong to give the new guy top billing, and it put a strike against Cameron Mitchell from the start. (I got over it and like him now.) I hope they don't do that to Amanda. Now, since Joe's name is first and he isn't leaving (I assume), I'm not too worried. I can't see them putting Amanda's name before Joe's, but I hope they put her in a nice respectable spot toward the middle so nobody gets the feeling that I got at the beginning of season 9.

Now, Sanctuary is another story. Amanda better have first billing in it. She is THE lead. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
        Hehe, love the new sig, Scari!
        Hee, thank you. There are two versions - I think I prefer this one.
        scarimor

Comment

dropping off a couple of pics...

Comment

I don't recognize that episode. Is it one that hasn't aired here in the States yet?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
              dropping off a couple of pics...

WARNING: Polar Bears Don't Click -->
              Spoiler:
              Wait!! Did I remember to take the ring off?

*sereptitously glances at hand*

Phew!

EDIT: And it's Stronghold

Comment

it's Stronghold...sorry, didn't say...one more...a nice close-up...

Comment

Ok, I'm definitely spending too much time here. I had a dream last night--- spoilers so you can skip over it if you wish
                  Spoiler:
                  that I was at some kind of premiere party for Sanctuary, but it was in a room that looked like a dorm lounge with people sprawled around watching clips from the show. I saw AT fleetingly as she left. But then I heard people commenting about how there was too much involvement by fans and that they were strangely obsessed, & poor Amanda. I was thinking "I hope they don't know I'm jckfan."

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                    Yeah, I think it is perfectly o.k. for us to be happy about Sam's arrival in Atlantis, and we shouldn't appologize for it. Of course, I am avoiding the hot threads at the moment, because I don't like the negativity. I even avoid some of my favorite threads sometimes when they start focusing too much on the negatives.

As excited as I am to see Amanda's name in the credits on SGA, I hope TPTB are smart about it. I wasn't online yet when RDA left and Ben arrived. I hated that RDA was leaving, but I understood and was even excited about the arrival of another one of my crushes (not ashamed to admit it) on my favorite show. However, when the opening credits came on I was instantly furious with the PTB and it filtered over to Cameron Mitchell! How could they give the new guy the first place in the credits????? IMO, without RDA, Amanda should have been given that spot or even Chris or Michael. It was wrong to give the new guy top billing, and it put a strike against Cameron Mitchell from the start. (I got over it and like him now.) I hope they don't do that to Amanda. Now, since Joe's name is first and he isn't leaving (I assume), I'm not too worried. I can't see them putting Amanda's name before Joe's, but I hope they put her in a nice respectable spot toward the middle so nobody gets the feeling that I got at the beginning of season 9.

Now, Sanctuary is another story. Amanda better have first billing in it. She is THE lead. I can't wait!
                    First I tell you! First! She shall be first! LOL. I think she'll get a lovely credit on Atlantis, that's not beginning and not overtaking anyone on the show whatsoever. She'll probably get that With AT as SC thing.

Stronghold? Which part of the episode is that? Is this a S9 episode? If so I've only seen it once and when it first aired and my brain has been quite scattered lately. RL'll do that to you.

I lost my tapes! So, you gonna have to refresh my memory a little here.

Wendy
                    Hugs
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      First I tell you! First! She shall be first! LOL. I think she'll get a lovely credit on Atlantis, that's not beginning and not overtaking anyone on the show whatsoever. She'll probably get that With AT as SC thing.

Stronghold? Which part of the episode is that? Is this a S9 episode? If so I've only seen it once and when it first aired and my brain has been quite scattered lately. RL'll do that to you.

I lost my tapes! So, you gonna have to refresh my memory a little here.

Wendy
                      Hugs
                      Me too!

You know that things just aren't right when you have thirty episodes of Stargate saved on the DVR ( S9 and first half of S10 ) and one day you turn it on and realize that everything has gone PooF; and yet , you really aren't bothered by it at all.

Seriously pre season 9, I think I may have had a tiny emotional meltdown. So either I'm growing up or I'm losing interest and I'm kind of thinking it's probably the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Ok, I'm definitely spending too much time here. I had a dream last night--- spoilers so you can skip over it if you wish
                        Spoiler:
                        that I was at some kind of premiere party for Sanctuary, but it was in a room that looked like a dorm lounge with people sprawled around watching clips from the show. I saw AT fleetingly as she left. But then I heard people commenting about how there was too much involvement by fans and that they were strangely obsessed, & poor Amanda. I was thinking "I hope they don't know I'm jckfan."
                        Grrr... why does everyone get dreams about Sam/AT except me!!??!!

Am I not obsessive enough? Don't I qualify? Is there an initiation or something I missed? Do I have to carry one of those blinkin S... Sa.... Sama... thing cards!?!

scarimor

Comment

@ wendy

The ep for the caps is S9 - Stronghold. It's when Sam and Cam are sitting out front of the hospital. It's maybe two-thirds the way into the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            Me too!

You know that things just aren't right when you have thirty episodes of Stargate saved on the DVR ( S9 and first half of S10 ) and one day you turn it on and realize that everything has gone PooF; and yet , you really aren't bothered by it at all.

Seriously pre season 9, I think I may have had a tiny emotional meltdown. So either I'm growing up or I'm losing interest and I'm kind of thinking it's probably the latter.
                            No, I have to admit I wasn't all that bothered by it. A little but not as much as I thought I would be. Now if it had been Season 7 that had somehow vanished, well I'd be blowing every lid trying to find them and tears would still be falling now. Season 7 has Grace in it and well, I'd die if I lost that episode.

Wendy
                            Hugs
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Love the pics Admiral and love that caption Jen! I'm not even going to try and out do that! Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I understand jckfan! I'm not exactly sure I'll be wearing a badge that says Gate Gal if I get to go to AT3. But, obsessed? That is a strong word. I think we are just supporting our favorite actress more strongly than some people choose to support their favorite actresses.

Comment

Working...
                                X