Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear hear, Kat!

I wish I still had green left. That was brilliant, and so true.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I'd have to agree... I'm just one of those who just wishes she would grow out the hair! The few episodes we've been able to see long-haired Sam have shown she can sport it quite well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        Hear hear, Kat!

I greened her for you mini (and for me)

and what a cutie pie, auntie mini
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
          Oh and let me pause to hug the Sam family (((Samandans))). You all look like your avatars to me, so there are many of you who look like various shades of Amanda - which - according to a few pages of posts so far means that you all look fantastic!
          I think I might have to change my avatar...I don't want anyone to think that I look like Amanda...she's so totally awesome...I look nothing like her...not a bit not a nadda...nope...I should change it...but I do like my avatar...D'oH!
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          what can i say, i'm weird. the tornado sirens go off, i stick my head out and see where it is.
          Yes, i am smart enough to know if it's close to beat my tushie to the basement...but if the twister is 20 miles away and not moving towards me, dude, i'm gonna go enjoy the show
          WooHoo...that's me too..to a degree...although I must say..when we have lightning about David likes to stand outside...now that's just plain stupid coz you can get killed by lightning even if the storm itself is 10km away...but I do open the blinds to watch.
          Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          *stares in utter disbelief and amazement at the stupidity of some adults*
          I'm sorry but that just pisses me off. I'd much rather hear someone, anyone use the word vagina than pussy. To me pussy is vulgur where as vagina is not. Um, hello, that's what it's called, period.
          Also...on topic to this thread...Where are the royal guards? Are they on vacation? I mean really, who let the morons in? Sam's attitude is "traditional" Whatever! And the comment about Amanda's body size. Really get over yourself. [b]It's a FACT that the average WOMAN is 5'4" and wears a size 14![/b] There is NOTHING wrong with that.
          This world is truely frelled when a gorgeous woman like Amanda is critizied for her body size when she's not even over weight. That and having a gorgeous woman of 5'4" being told she's too short to be a model. Frell that!
          Right on SK!!
          No matter what country we might live in, we can all thank the media for our body image issues. *sighs
          But in the end it's also society that accepts what the media portrays as beeing acceptable...we have the power to change it...it's just not gonna be easy!
          Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          Totally cool.
          A woman once asked me, "If you could change one thing about your body, what would it be?"
          I replied, "I'd like to have 20 20 vision." (I have mild/medium short-sight - need the specs or lenses for driving, TV etc.)
          She stared at me with her jaw round her ankles for a few moments, which made me so self-conscious that I began to wonder if I was growing a boil on my nose or something, and then she said, "Yes, but what if you could change part of your body?"
          I stared at her like she was growing a boil on her nose or something, pointed at my eyes, and said, "Hello? Part of my body!"
          Granted, I have something resembling a Neanderthal gene in the furry leg department and wouldn't mind losing that yearly winter coat, and if I do put on any weight over Christmas it goes straight to my backside, but really... 20 20 vision would be way more useful than a cosmetic depreciation
          WTG scari...I would have loved to have seen her face with your comeback...you know when I was a kid and was getting teased about being fat, my brother...whom I love with all my heart, stuck up for me and said..."she might be fat but she can lose weight, however you'll always be ugly"...now we were just kids at the time but it shut em up pretty quick...mind you I don't condone that kind of behaviour from my kids nowadays, but kids can be cruel coz they really don't know better...what's the excuse for adults??
          scari I love you!
          What would I change of my body IF I could, my nose...I have my father's nose (this round bulbous thing) and I'd much rather have my mom's nose...it's much straighter.
          But I can't so I live with it and move on.
          If I could change one thing it would be my boobs...I know that sounds superficial to most but I have never had "normal" boobs and it's something that I am looking into having rectified. My eyes are not good either...I have to wear glasses when reading etc...but honestly...if I could change one thing on my body...definitely the boobs!...which has me thinking...years ago when Niki was in kindergarten, some of the mums were talking about having thier boobs increased in size...if only they knew how painful it is to have a big bust...it's no fun when you need to run after junior...and sports bra's aren't that helpful either!
          I'm with FF as well. He was wrong. "There's a special place in h.e.l.l for guys like him...right next to those who talk in theaters and child molestors"
          *cough*...ok...I'll shut up from now on I promise
          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          But Jennifer, I get the image in my head, I don't know why, that you look like Jacob
          Hmmm, maybe equating people with their avatars isn't always a good thing
          LOL...good one Mandy!!
          Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          I normally lurk, but now I've made some icons of Sam / AT so I thought it was a good idea to post them here
          Sweet!!
          Originally posted by starprops View Post
          Mini, Sky
          You're right about show biz being rough on women and their weight. I've worked backstage in a theatre for over 25 years and I've heard directors come down hard on a female actor for having gained 4 lbs., for heaven's sake.
          I feel really upset when I hear comments about AT having gained a little weight, so what! She looks great, in fact incredible. I agree that the beauty within her, her lovely spirit even add to the beauty we see.
          But - there still is the insensitive Director or Tech Director who needs to think before they speak sometimes but I've ended up being the one the actors come to after that nasty moment and I do my best to build them up as well as taking the director aside to let them know what a jerk they just were. So I figure that's why I went there all those many years ago, it's made my life richer and I hope my friends at the theatre have been enriched by me being there.
          I better shut up. I've been home sick, no one to talk to so I'm kinda going on ..too much.
          Don't ever shut up...I loved your post...(((starprops)))...can't give you a real hug so this will have to do!
          Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          Ok...to summarize...
          Amanda is GORGEOUS and perfect just the way she is.
          Don't want to be in an earthqauke, never experienced a tornado, but have been through a hurricane or two, though not the worst of it. But, I am a weather buff.
          I look younger than I am...nothing ever fits cause I'm short and am quite flatchested....basically still built like a kid here.
          And Amanda Rocks!
          I think that is all.
          Well I'm a short but far from being flat chested...and apparently I look young for my age too...I had this lady say to me the other day that if I were to put on a school uniform I could pass for a high school kid...now that's weird...actually that's kinda scary and sad!
          And I agree...Amanda rocks!!!!
          If I equate myself with my avatar...I am WAY too skinny!
          LOL...but cute!!
          Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          A woman followed me into the ladies' room at the library one evening some years ago. I was in the stall when she asked me why I didn't lose weight. "Don't you know how hard it is on your heart?" I didn't answer because what was I supposed to say? I couldn't believe she was talking to a total stranger like this. Then she said, "not to mention hard on the eyes of those of us who have to look at you."
          Can you imagine how much better the world would be if we put as much focus on being good people as we do on disliking our bodies?
          (((scifithinker)))...I cannot believe that anyone could so rude...that is just plain wrong...I'm sorry that you were subjected to that sifi...honestly, people like that make me sick. I'm sorry but this post just has me totally lost for words...arghhhhh!
          as long as you aren't stuck with Ken...and his anatomically incorrect and lacking 'bulge'
          look at poor barbie. a figure to die for a a boyfriend that's a eunuch
          ...RITGLMAO....bwahahahaha!!
          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Screw superficialities.
          Woohoo...can I use that in my sig???
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

men may be fixated on big boobs...but that's cause they dont' gotta haul them around.

mine aren't big. they're pretty proportional. but i spent a lot of years being teased about being big breasted...oh you know cause i have a b cup and my sisters and mother are all a's. my boobs are even bigger than my breast feeding sister.

so i was always self-conscious about them. But i am very sympathetic to women who have an over abundance of boobs. it's uncomfortable, it can be painful. makes it hard to get clothes that fit, all of that
            Not sure how the sizes work in the US or UK but I'm a DD cup...and that's smaller than what I was 18 months ago...I used to be an E cup...I would love to be a C or D cup...but mostly I would like to have "nice" boobs!!
            After I had Tom I ws breast feeding him and we had some visitors...mum inlaw and her hubby. Well here I was being the good mummy and giving junior his tucker when I heard..."Gee..that's the first time I have ever seen a *** bigger than the babies head". Well...you can only imagine how red I went and how quickly I packed it all away....poor Tom just had to wait for his dinner.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              On topic: I totally agree with those of you who have commented on the eye being drawn to AT when she's in a scene. She has something special going on--she's got "it." She's the cat's pyjamas.
              Well that's a new one for the dictionary...gotta remember that...cats pyjama's huh?
              People suck.

Except in here.

Everybody ROCKS in here!

Huggles,
              geek
              Wow...that would have to be one of your most succinct posts ever mini...and Samanda is truly a great place to be!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

We should all get together and do our own show. THE FAT MONOLOGUES. Take up Eve's torch and go interview women (and men) all over the world about their physical self-image.
                YAY...I'm all for that mini...you know that really is a great idea...seriously...it's fantastic!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

[
                  Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  I missed this when it was published, so I'm guessing it will be new to some as well. From a story about last year's Gemini Awards:
                  Stargate SG-1's Amanda Tapping, hosting the first hour of the Geminis, was almost unrecognizable with long blond hair instead of her usual short 'do.

"Vladmir, the stylist, called me and suggested, 'Very Versace, very Versace, okay darling?' And I thought, you know what, this guy sounds like he's a lot of fun, so I'm just gonna go with it. With these Crazy Malibu Barbie hair extensions, I look like Donatella Versace, don't I?"

Now that Stargate is no longer in production after 10 swell years, Tapping says next season she hopes to guest on a few episodes of the show's spinoff, Stargate Atlantis.

"I feel like Frasier, but not as rich," the always witty actress quips.

Cool! I'd missed it, too. Thanks!

men may be fixated on big boobs...but that's cause they dont' gotta haul them around.
                  See, I am about 5'5 and practically boobless. I've always wanted boobs, so if I had the choice and could fix anything about my body it would be the boobs. I don't want much. I'd settle for a nice solid C. I've been wearing glasses since I was 8, but contacts are fine. Give me the boobs!

As for the thoughtless comments department, I've always been small and honestly until I hit 30 I couldn't put on weight at all (even when I tried). In the past year and a half, that hasn't been a problem. Instead of being a size 0-3, I'm a size 6 and growing. My thyroid disorder (which was keeping me from gaining in my 20's) has shifted from hyper mode to hypo mode (makes gaining weight way too easy and losing it quite tough). At Christmas, an aunt gave me a big hug and commented that I was putting on weight and it was all in the rear and I'd better watch out. Excuse me. I was mortified. Thankfully, my dad was right beside me, and he informed her that I took after his side of the family just like she did. She laughed and turned a bit red. She hadn't meant to offend me, but she just didn't think before she spoke. So often, people just don't realize how much words hurt.

wow, this is intereseting. she had long hair in that VM photo, but she usually cuts her hair for filming.

i wonder if we're gonna get 'long hair' sam??
                  Wouldn't that be cool?

I'm going to say something a little odd now. I don't even remember who posted the comment that sparked all this discussion. I really don't think that person meant anything by it. He/she just didn't think before speaking, but I'm not sorry that we've had these conversations today. Most of us are women and this is the International Day of the Woman. These topics we've been discussing are real problems that we deal with everyday. Sharing them with each other, getting angry on each other's behalf, and sending out virtual hugs to our sisters around the world is just what we should be doing on a day celebrating women. I personally think Amanda would be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                    [
                    See, I am about 5'5 and practically boobless. I've always wanted boobs, so if I had the choice and could fix anything about my body it would be the boobs. I don't want much. I'd settle for a nice solid C. I've been wearing glasses since I was 8, but contacts are fine. Give me the boobs!

I'm going to say something a little odd now. I don't even remember who posted the comment that sparked all this discussion. I really don't think that person meant anything by it. He/she just didn't think before speaking, but I'm not sorry that we've had these conversations today. Most of us are women and this is the International Day of the Woman. These topics we've been discussing are real problems that we deal with everyday. Sharing them with each other, getting angry on each other's behalf, and sending out virtual hugs to our sisters around the world is just what we should be doing on a day celebrating women. I personally think Amanda would be proud.
                    My mum and sis inlaw are both very small breasted and often complain that their boobs are too small..almost non existent...but I have told them, that if I could I would be more than willing to share my bounty...big boobs are not all they are cracked up to be...they're a bigger PITM than you can imagine!
                    And I too have thoroughly enjoyed todays posts...how liberating it feels...thank you Samanda!!...I still think mini's idea is a brilliant one...Fat Monologues...someone should start it...it'd be awesome if it became as big a hit as the VM...I have visions of Samandans gathering and putting on a show and making news headlines all over the world...how cool would that be!!

Well I'm off for the weekend...won't be back til next week...hubby and I are leaving the kids with the inlaws and heading off for a weekend alone...I even went out and got some nice "things" from Bra's & Things...so this is going to have to be my goodnight post!!
                    Night night everyone, take care, be safe, stay happy, be good and hug your loved ones!!
                    (((Samanda)))
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok...to summarize...

Amanda is GORGEOUS and perfect just the way she is.

Don't want to be in an earthqauke, never experienced a tornado, but have been through a hurricane or two, though not the worst of it. But, I am a weather buff.

I look younger than I am...nothing ever fits cause I'm short and am quite flatchested....basically still built like a kid here...

And Amanda Rocks!

I think that is all.

Hahaha yeah that'S a pretty damn good summary you got there!! and yeah AMANDA DOES ROCK!!

Comment

Hear hear, Kat!

I know! Dang.

Well said Kat!

Comment

so i was always self-conscious about them. But i am very sympathetic to women who have an over abundance of boobs. it's uncomfortable, it can be painful. makes it hard to get clothes that fit, all of that
                          Or lying on our fronts...

My best friend is tiny, and we often ***** about them If we could average out our sizes, we would be sweet. She feels self-conscious about being small, I feel like people talk to my chest instead of my face. Not to mention back pain.

My friend once had a woman - her boss - tell her that the reason she was passed over for a promotion was that: she (my friend) had 'issues' with her weight. As though my friend somehow had a psychological disorder because she was overweight? My friend is one of the most normal, balanced, free thinking people I know. It happens every day to regular people. Every day to celebrities. It's just plain wrong. We should all get together and do our own show. THE FAT MONOLOGUES. Take up Eve's torch and go interview women (and men) all over the world about their physical self-image.
                          That is horrible for your friend!

And I totally agree about the FAT MONOLOGUES! Except maybe they should be the body monologues, so everyone is included. Because everyone has a body

Originally posted by Kaptin Kyle View Post
                          I'd have to agree... I'm just one of those who just wishes she would grow out the hair! The few episodes we've been able to see long-haired Sam have shown she can sport it quite well.
                          If only I could get lovely extensions like Amanda! I have 2 looks I love, a shaggy bob and long hair. A bit like Amanda's 2 lengths at the moment. But of course as soon as it's short, I'm growing it out again. Meh.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Not sure how the sizes work in the US or UK but I'm a DD cup...and that's smaller than what I was 18 months ago...I used to be an E cup...I would love to be a C or D cup...but mostly I would like to have "nice" boobs!!
                          After I had Tom I ws breast feeding him and we had some visitors...mum inlaw and her hubby. Well here I was being the good mummy and giving junior his tucker when I heard..."Gee..that's the first time I have ever seen a *** bigger than the babies head". Well...you can only imagine how red I went and how quickly I packed it all away....poor Tom just had to wait for his dinner.
                          How very dare they!

I was talking to a comedienne in the green room after a gig last week... her party trick was feeling all our breasts and guessing our size (yeah, alcohol may have been involved...). She guessed everyone correctly except for me... she guessed a C and I'm a DD. She was impressed and reckoned I was "efficiently packaged, that's a brilliant bra!" Then she pointed out that hers were Fs. They really didn't look it!

Heh. I'm happy being me, and looking for the beauty in everyone.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Cheese warning: on. (for those who may be lactose intolerant).

Funny, I was thinking about the lack of superficialities on a forum like this on my way to work yesterday. No- one judges me based on what I look like, my job, my externals. For the most part, we communicate blind to superficialities. I get to talk to people from all walks of life, from all over the world – laugh at jokes, cry at stories (especially today), and cheer for successes. Pretty cool. I get to enjoy a multitude of people, sight unseen.

I experience discrimination where I live on a daily basis because of my skin color, nothing horrific, just little things. Growing up, I had my share of being ostracized by kids since I was an odd combination of nerd and athlete. But, all those things make me a little better as an adult today – maybe a little more sensitive and kind, a little more aware of injustices in the world, it all seems to work for good in the end. Not that I still can’t improve a million ways, but the unkindness of others helped strengthen and soften me.

Nowadays, I steer clear of mean people, life is too short and I’m terrible at quick comebacks. However, standing up for others comes easier. My first reaction to many of the stories today was hurt, then I got MAD. If I had been with any one of you during some of the horribly unkind situations you describe, I hope to goodness I would have said or done something to stop the situation and provide a nice verbal lesson for the perpetrator. If I witness a situation like that in the future, I want to have the intelligence and sensitivity to stop it dead in it’s tracks.

Which brings me back to topic – Poz was the first GW person to touch base with me – she was kind, and when I asked her what hic comitas regit stood for, I was intrigued. As I hung out more, I was impressed. Little kindnesses and big kindness abound, from AT, from each other, for each other. YAY!

I agree with Spaz – screw superficialities. We are not just our bodies, our genes, our hormones, our molecules! We are way more than that!

Cheese warning: off.

Abrupt, unpredictable topic change: Donatella Versace? LOL! I can never say her name or see her without a memory pop-up window of the Saturday Night Live character Donatella Versace screeching: GET OOOUUUUT!
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

The forum looks cool.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              David Hewlett has posted on his blog again and mentions Amanda briefly.

"Tomorrow we finish up another great (and first full) week shooting Atlantis (even if it did drag me away from Cinequest!)... Amanda and Jewel are fitting in beautifully (and are in fact beautiful!) and can they chew up the scenery or what!? This is shaping up to be a fantastic season and it's a pleasure to have such talented new recruits (to tease mercilessly and try to crack up when they're supposed to be working that is) Not that the old guard are any kind of slouches, Joe's hurling himself around the set tomorrow, Jason is as sick as a dog, Rachel has an episode of her own to contend with and Kavan is prancing around without shoes on... And Nykl? Well I still don't know what the hell Nykl's talking about at the best of times.... you, like me, just have to wait for season four! ;-)"
                              I heart David Hewlett.

Ooh, and Kavan too! Amanda, Jewel, Kavan... woot! And a Teyla episode too. Sweet.

wow, this is intereseting. she had long hair in that VM photo, but she usually cuts her hair for filming.

i wonder if we're gonna get 'long hair' sam??
                              I'm looking forward to seeing Colonel Carter with uppy hair.

NZBG - "efficiently packaged" - lol!

and Kat - wot you said
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

NZBG - "efficiently packaged" - lol!

I do love that bra! As for the comedienne... she was awesome. I would never of thought that someone who drunkenly flashes a room full of people from the stage would have been considered a role model before, but I definitely came away from that encounter feeling better about myself. She was loud, could be considered obnoxious... someone I would have avoided in the past. But she was wonderful, and beautiful in her own way Heh, there I go finding the beauty in everyone again. This thread has turned us all into cheesy after school specials.

Oh, and Scari... I don't know if you saw it, but a few days ago I posted a photo of some walnut whips I found in an imported food store for homesick people. I had to laugh because there is only one reason I know what they are.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X