Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    Thought I'd share a few caps from Bounty.
    Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
    *wanders in*

got some caps from Bounty...feel free to snurch and re-use...
    Hoo-Rah for the hotness! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bex Calo View Post
      i was raised on sci fi litteraly one of my earliest memories is of watching star trek the search for spock and the voyage home (id have been about 3 at the time) It was just always there something i watched and i loved the fact that each episode had a moral to it, a set of guide lines by which you should live your life (getting seriously geeky here). I had conversations at school with the other geeks about star trek infact i remember almost giving a speech about it all to about 20 kids who had huddled around during wet break to listen and discuss what i was talking about. The popular girls thought i was weird and the guys saw me as one of the guys (much to the detriment of my love life one of the guys = not girlfriend material!!!)

its amazing how many men both online and in real life tell me they are suprised that i like sci fi and that they think its great that i can admit that........WHY????? Is it something to be ashamed of????

i have never been ashamed of it in fact its one of the first things i tell people about my self as its part of who i am and they will have to accept that if they want to know me.

And now i love stargate. Sam jumped out at me immediately as a very strong role model of a woman i would love to be. Then you get to know the face behind the character amanda tapping.... and you research what else she has done and just who she is what she has done. You then see what a wonderful genuine caring person she is and you start to measure your self up to her in the hope that you can be just as caring and genuine your self. That is where sci fi has taken me. Its all i know its all i want to do its all i am.
      bex
      I've been an SF fan since Mrs Matherson, my science teacher, gave me a stack of Heinleins at the tender age of 13. I'd been into fantasy before that.
      I just missed the '79 Worldcon in Brighton (as Mrs Matherson got pregnant and couldn't take me) so my first convention was a day con in Manchester in 1980, follwed by a couple of other miniconventions (run by someone now married to one of my friends, small world) and I started going to weekend cons in 1982.

The number of women fen in various areas of fandom varies wildly. Gaming/anime/comics tend to have more men than media fandom, which since the 1960's has been female dominated. But fandoms change, Dr Who fandom was overwhelmingly male until the last coulple of regenerations changed the ball game. When I was first in comics fandom in the UK I was the only female fan over the age of 18. Which was great as I ended up in the bar with all the artists and some of the writers, I was one of the few fans old enough to drink and as a 'girl' I was a novelty. That fandom has become more diverse over the decades.
      When it started, SF fandom (lit fandom, my real fannish home) was a boys club, a middle class, university educated boys club but, since the 60's, that's been gradually changing, even though it's still mostly white and middle class.

While I often watched SF on TV, I wasn't really a media fan (lord knows, I've been every other sort of fan, filker, costumer, fanzines, comics, anime, RPG, re-enactor, I am a polyfan) until I started to watch DS9 and one of the things I loved about DS9 were the fabulously strong women, Jadzia, Kira, Ezri and the indomitable Kai Wynn. My friend Diane writes Trek novels and laughed when she found out I had fallen for DS9 as I'd never been into Trek, despite going to Trek cons as a dealer and putting stuff in the art show, she knew Trek would get me in the end. For years I'd had to listen to her talk about Trek with friends and had a blank look on my face. And at last, I knew what she was talking about and could tell the difference between a Kilngon and Romulan.

When DS9 ran it's course, I cast about for a new fandom, and I will confess, it was the depth and complexity of J/D which drew me into SG1. Imagine my delight when I started watching and discovered another fabulous woman to appreciate and enjoy. Sam was the icing on the cake.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

'Bounty':
        Spoiler:
        I'm still a bit divided over 'Bounty'. Some great moments, though. It makes me happy that before the show leaves us, Sam got to fire a plasma rifle, an alien assassin was hit by a bus and the team actually went to Kansas, after years of referencing. And AT's expression at Dr. Lee and the women saved that part for me from complete bad clichedom
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post

When DS9 ran it's course, I cast about for a new fandom, and I will confess, it was the depth and complexity of J/D which drew me into SG1. Imagine my delight when I started watching and discovered another fabulous woman to appreciate and enjoy. Sam was the icing on the cake.

FF
          Sam is the whole cake for me! Jack is generally the icing whilst the others tend to be the marzipan. LOL. I can't remember what drew me in, I think it was my friend forever talking about these two characters called Sam and Jack.

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          'Bounty':
          Spoiler:
          I'm still a bit divided over 'Bounty'. Some great moments, though. It makes me happy that before the show leaves us, Sam got to fire a plasma rifle, an alien assassin was hit by a bus and the team actually went to Kansas, after years of referencing. And AT's expression at Dr. Lee and the women saved that part for me from complete bad clichedom
          Spoiler:
          I loved the ScoobyDoo line - If it wasn't for those meddling kids. Hehehe. This episode wasn't so great but there was some classic moments in it. I liked the part where Sam was being introduced onto the stage and she had all these honors; a list as long as my arm! Then you could see the sniper just preparing to take his shot and I have to admit I didn't know she was a hologram, that connection didn't exactly leap out towards me at first, but I did love the way she fired the weapon and then everyone was cheering her on; thinking she was demonstrating the technology they were introducing.

Who thought the scenes in Kansas looked a little bit like Superman and Clark Kent's family home? For those that watched it. The parents did look very much like The Kent's to me. I've never been to Kansas but what I saw looked very appealing; now I'm putting that on my 100 (well, now it's 101) places to see before I die).

Vala's pigtails, in Kansas, made me realise how very Dorothy she looks.

Wendy
          Hugs
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Spoiler:
            Yep, very Kent-like. Except with huge quantities of pie. Was there a barn anywhere nearby?
            I must admit that the moment he trained the scope on her, I thought: hologram. It was what I would have done. Could have done with more of a 'WTF?' moment maybe from Sam and Dr. Lee when the shot went off- because in an environment like that, it was a tad unexpected. I'm not complaining, though. And I loved the style of the opening. All those effects and out of the studio for large portions? The budget must have been hurting.
            sigpic

Comment

Oooh, Skydiver!

Actually, I just went downstairs and my parents were watching Bounty and...

Spoiler:
              The initials to the school are G.W. I first thought of Gateworld but it could be a school

And here I was spending all this time looking for it, and it just hit me when I wasn't looking.

Wendy
              Hugs
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                Oooh, Skydiver!

Spoiler:
                The initials to the school are G.W. I first thought of Gateworld but it could be a school

And here I was spending all this time looking for it, and it just hit me when I wasn't looking.

Wendy
                Hugs
                10x15
                Spoiler:
                There's a sign that says "Welcome Back! George Washington Grads".

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  Oooh, Skydiver!

Spoiler:

Wendy
                  Hugs
                  Bounty
                  Spoiler:
                  It's George Washington High School
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

A few larger caps.

10x15

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      A few larger caps.

10x15

Spoiler:

I love that 'what the...' expression. Might have to make something from it
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Kat! Especially of the three of them! *tear*

And is it me, or did Sam look rather sparkly?

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        Thanks!
                        Spoiler:
                        There are times when I see pics and think that Sam and Daniel really could be siblings. This is one of them. That is a great pic of them all.
                        I know, eh, LAD? That pic totally almost sold me on the Wonder Twins phenomenon again.
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 07 February 2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Yep. Me too. If Sanctuary has too many horror aspects I'm gonna have to give it a pass. Amanda or not.

suse
                          I think I'm going to need someone to spoil me on episode one before I watch it. I'm pretty much a chicken, but I'll give it a try. I just need to be very prepared. Spoilers are my friend.

I had an awful time getting on GW yesterday, too. I'm just glad it was yesterday and not a week ago yesterday. I hadn't been all that concerned about spoilers for this week's episode. However, thanks to AD and Rachel, I think I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

just dropping off a pic...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              guys, enough of the other fans. Let them see/think/feel what they want

Let's get back to sam please

ok, someone who's seen bounty tell me this please
                              Spoiler:
                              did they give the name of his high school??? i gotta know, cause if it's mine, i'm gonna have a fit
                              I made a screen cap for you here:
                              Spoiler:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Yep. Me too. If Sanctuary has too many horror aspects I'm gonna have to give it a pass. Amanda or not.

suse
                                i love scifi, horror, monsters, the whole nine yards.

i want this show to be scary and creepy and... and i just want amanda to be in it, more than anything.

she's a groovy woman.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X