Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately. In case someone hasn't already posted this, Annerb has finally finished her story, Egeria's Legacy. I can't recommend it highly enough. Great plot, beautiful characterizations, lots of Sam-whumping. A little S/J ship, but don't let that stop you from reading it, seriously. You can read it here:
    http://www.annerb.com/egeria.html
    Ooh, thank you. I can put up with tolerate read through a lot of Sam/Jack if the reward is Sam-whump!
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer
      Yay!!! exciting!!! hehe - it would be fun to come up with a signal... hmmm... Let's discuss
      How about if you tug on your ear when you walk out on stage? ala Carol Burnett

Everyone else in the audience would think you had an itchy ear. Only we would know the truth.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
        Where can I find information about Amanda? I would like to know more about her like; what's her favourite food? what kind of movies does she like? what kind of music does she listen too? you know basic stuff. All I know is her favourite color which is Orange in case you didn't know. who can help me out here?
        I think she was asked the favorite food question at Avalon, and her answer was sushi. I remembered that one, because its my favorite, too. Hubby, the kids, and I go out for sushi pretty regularly, and I do it at home sometimes, too. (My cousin's wife is from Korea, and she makes the best sushi on the planet. I'm so glad she shares her abilities.)

I know she is a comedian at heart, but I don't know if comedy is her favorite type of movie. Not sure she's ever said that, but she loves Little Britain, The Simpsons, and South Park.

You need one of the Amanda experts to fill you in on the rest.

Comment

You can find quite much on Amanda at the Amanda Tapping club: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...id=4&Itemid=44

But I don't know if you can find the things you search for there.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
            Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately. In case someone hasn't already posted this, Annerb has finally finished her story, Egeria's Legacy. I can't recommend it highly enough. Great plot, beautiful characterizations, lots of Sam-whumping. A little S/J ship, but don't let that stop you from reading it, seriously. You can read it here:
            http://www.annerb.com/egeria.html
            Looks like I have my Long-haul flight reading sorted

Thanks for the heads up

Kay aka mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              None of the above, Rachel500! Your stories are great! Unfortunately, there just aren't enough of them. Even if we chained all of our fanfic writers to their computers and made them write 24 hours a day we still wouldn't have enough stories to make us happy. Fanfic is an addiction, I tell you, ADDICTION!
              Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              That is so true *shakes from withdrawal*

I've actually read some of Rachel500's work and I loved them!

For me, fics have to be well written and in-character for me to like them so the writers have to work REALLY HARD! LOL.

Chaining them to their computers sounds like a good idea tho!

Wendy
              Hugs
              Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Rachel is among my favourite authors also. Her characters are so believable.
              Catching up on the thread...

Thank you all for the kind comments - I have to admit that my original post to mini was a slightly tongue-in-cheek prod of her memory because I know she has always been very supportive of my writing...

Speaking of which...

*rattles chains*

If anyone is wondering about Aftershocks...I am still writing it but my life is just shockingly busy at the mo and my writing schedule has been thrown by taking part in ficathons and trying to finish up my Airwolf series so I can be fully dedicated to writing Stargate for a while.

The good news is that next Aftershock will be a tag to The Tok'ra and will be very Sam heavy. It's been such a chore having to watch the ep over and over again
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                Oh yeah!
                <snipped>
                It just occured to me that if the second half of the season had aired first then we'd probably be getting a season 11. That's kind of sad, but I'm glad we aren't losing Sam. Hooray for a season 4 of SGA and the 14 episodes that Amanda has agreed to do!
                I think the decision was taken by Sci-fi based on investment vs return re ratings/license at the end of S9. I think the early episodes of S10 would have had to have been delivering 1.9/2.0 ratings average for them to have considered keeping the show for S11.

It's a shame because I do think S10 overall has been a 100% improvement on S9 and the last four episodes have been consistently good even if they've each had flaws here and there. You can see the potential for ratings growth now...which is obviously not going to happen for Sci-fi given when they're airing the episodes. Ah well. Bring on the movies and SGA S4
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                  The good news is that next Aftershock will be a tag to The Tok'ra and will be very Sam heavy. It's been such a chore having to watch the ep over and over again
                  Can't wait! Whee. I'm also (selfishly and eagerly) awaiting for the part(s) where you get to an extrapolation of the bit in your synopsis that states: "and how Sam and Jack fell in love." (ha, what a shipper I am, indeed).

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

TheNarims
                    You can find quite much on Amanda at the Amanda Tapping club: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...id=4&Itemid=44

But I don't know if you can find the things you search for there
                    thanks for the info so far guys, I've been to that site and there is a lot of info there but not those things. I guess I would just have to ask her myself one day...
                    : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                    Geeky : Oh brother...
                    : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post

I've gotta stop drinking Daniel's coffee.

Comment

she is just never getting any older is she?
                        I mean it's no secret anymore how old she really is, but if I hadn't known I would guessed have the age she really is. she looks that good...

Comment

thanks for the info so far guys, I've been to that site and there is a lot of info there but not those things. I guess I would just have to ask her myself one day...
                          I found an interview where she says some things about her favorite movies, music and so on. Here it is: http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...display&pid=66

There is another one on the same website.
                          Thor05421 in onstage1 asks: Hello Amanda, which kind of movies do you like? What's your favourite?

Amanda: I'm a huge documentary fan. The movies I like right now, I don't know that I have a specific genre. I'm not big on high speed chases and I like foreign films. I'm an art house filmy girl. I've often said my favorite movie is "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" but I think "The Prime of Miss Jean Brody" is really my favorite.

Source: http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...isplay&pid=156
                          Last edited by TheNarims; 31 January 2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

thanks so much, I've found and read the interview. She's so funny, and adorable. But I still wonder why she never told us what year she was born in? I mean it's not something to be ashamed of, and it would've gotten out some day anyway right? I know she thinks it's not lady-like, I wonder if she was very upset when it came out. I hope not...

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
                              I found an interview where she says some things about her favorite movies, music and so on. Here it is: http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...display&pid=66

There is another one on the same website.
                              Laf, I finally found something I have in common with Amanda.

Question: Do you collect anything?

Amanda: I seem to have a lot of candles in my house.

I know it's rather pathetic, but I just found this amusing because my sister is always commenting on the amount of candles I have. The strange thing is I never intentionally go out looking for candles, but some how I manage to come home with new ones. Yet, I hardly ever use them. Go figure!

Guess it's that saving them for a rainy day mentality.

Comment

thanks so much, I've found and read the interview. She's so funny, and adorable. But I still wonder why she never told us what year she was born in? I mean it's not something to be ashamed of, and it would've gotten out some day anyway right? I know she thinks it's not lady-like, I wonder if she was very upset when it came out. I hope not...
                                because, as gender biased as the world is, once she committed to 'i'm 40 this year' then all of a sudden she is 'older' in a business where fokls hit thier prime at 25.

It's not uncommon for actresses to not disclose their true ages for just that reason
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X