Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
    Was there an episode called The Return that I've just blocked? If not, what were you referring to?
    Slightly OT post. Apologies offered in advance.

Awww...DeeJay...your "Family Vacations SG-1 Style" sig just rotated up. I've always loved that one, and I hadn't seen it in awhile. Remember them walking to the Gate, and Jack saying,

Jack: Well, there goes that appearance on Oprah.

Teal'c: What is an "Oprah"?

Good team times....

Right after it was the Jack one, "A single man." Poignant. Always loved that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Slightly OT post. Apologies offered in advance.

Awww...DeeJay...your "Family Vacations SG-1 Style" sig just rotated up. I've always loved that one, and I hadn't seen it in awhile. Remember them walking to the Gate, and Jack saying,

Jack: Well, there goes that appearance on Oprah.

Teal'c: What is an "Oprah"?

Good team times....

Right after it was the Jack one, "A single man." Poignant. Always loved that one too.
      I love that sig too! That's from 'Emancipation', my very first episode. Yep, good times.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        This might be kinda shallow...but thank goodness Amanda's got a sense of style. I just saw some horrid outfits on certain stars. Everything I've seen Amanda in is so cute, or in the case of award shows and the like, absolutely gorgeous. The woman's really got it going on(and not just with fashion, either).
        What really impressed me at Shore Leave last summer was how NORMAL Amanda acted and dressed. On Saturday, she wore a simple white cotton skirt with a black, v-neck short-sleeved top and plain black sandals...something many of us might wear on a summer day.

On Sunday, she wore white shorts, a white camisole and a pretty crocheted aqua top over that...and white sandals. But she looked great! Here's one of my pics from Sunday.

And here's my post-Shore Leave sig...you can tell that she wore almost no makeup....just a little blush and mascara...and up close, she was just as gorgeous as she is on TV....

No airs...no designer duds...nothing "show businessy" (It's a word if I say it is--tee-hee!) about her. She's just someone who reminds you of one of your friends...

I left that con adoring her more than I already did, and so did everyone else.

I hope to get to talk with her again sometime.

Of course, ForeverSG-1, dancerofspaz, tsaxlady, LadyJeep, trupi, Coley, 1speed4sam and others have gotten to meet her more than once already...

I met Nibikko for lunch Friday, and I arrived about two minutes before she did. We noticed two women at the table next to us whose hair cuts were similar to Amanda's...and wondered if they might be fans too. But we didn't ask...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          well, i've ventured into some atlantis threads to see what some fans think of sam for 14 eps. it's quite depressing. not everyone is against it of course, but some of the more angry ppl... of course, it's not even close to the HATRED i read today and last night at some other place.

((((((((((((((amanda))))))))))))))))

sally
          **nods** Yes, I found my way into a thread about Carter in Atlantis and of course I'm shocked there's Carter-haters out there (or at least to the degree I've seen). And yes, I tend to stick to Carter-friendly threads so I wasn't prepared for all of things being said.

And some of the reasons for hating Carter going to Altantis didn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Hello Samanda's,

I've missed you all, I got home from the hospital yesterday and read your kind get well messages and wanted to say Thank You they made me feel a lot better I haven't read every thread page because there's so many LOL so if I've missed anything important can someone let me know
            I also watched LITS yesterday I don't want to spoil so...I'll just say WOW what an amazing performance by Amanda it made me cry

Julia(samcarterrules)
            Yay...you're back...yay...so good to see you sweetie...we missed you lots!!
            Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Hey, has anyone seen this picture before?

It was the first time I saw it, and I found it on accident.
            Nope...never seen it...but it's gorgeous...thank you spaz!!
            Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6127/samfootholdhm5.jpg
            I got your six Yoda!
            Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3033/legacy36smsb8.jpg
            Jack,"And DEM tried to do what to that Emu?"
            Hahahahaha...brilliant JanSam...love em!
            well, i've ventured into some atlantis threads to see what some fans think of sam for 14 eps. it's quite depressing. not everyone is against it of course, but some of the more angry ppl... of course, it's not even close to the HATRED i read today and last night at some other place.
            sally
            (((Sally)))...honey...don't go there...avoid all negativity where possible...I feel for Amanda and hope she just stay's clear of those places...she should just come on over and visit us here in Samanda...well that's what I think anyways!!
            Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            What really impressed me at Shore Leave last summer was how NORMAL Amanda acted and dressed. On Saturday, she wore a simple white cotton skirt with a black, v-neck short-sleeved top and plain black sandals...something many of us might wear on a summer day.
            On Sunday, she wore white shorts, a white camisole and a pretty crocheted aqua top over that...and white sandals. But she looked great! Here's one of my pics from Sunday.
            And here's my post-Shore Leave sig...you can tell that she wore almost no makeup....just a little blush and mascara...and up close, she was just as gorgeous as she is on TV....
            No airs...no designer duds...nothing "show businessy" (It's a word if I say it is--tee-hee!) about her. She's just someone who reminds you of one of your friends...
            I left that con adoring her more than I already did, and so did everyone else.
            I hope to get to talk with her again sometime.
            Of course, ForeverSG-1, dancerofspaz, tsaxlady, LadyJeep, trupi, Coley, 1speed4sam and others have gotten to meet her more than once already...
            I met Nibikko for lunch Friday, and I arrived about two minutes before she did. We noticed two women at the table next to us whose hair cuts were similar to Amanda's...and wondered if they might be fans too. But we didn't ask...
            That's one thing about Amanda that I admire...she's so down to earth it's not funny...I love the way she respects all peoples...and I love how normal she is...it's wonderful...she's an absolutely brilliant role model for everyone...and I for one cannot wait til AT4...coz hubby's says I can go to that one...but we gotta buy a house first...D'oH...bricks & mortar or AT3...tough choice...but...we need the house...speaking of AT3...and this is a bit OT here but I got a luggage set with my Flyby points and the label on the bags was AT3...thinking this might be a sign...
            Night night all...take care, be safe and stay happy...& hug your loved ones!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

sally

It's not surprising that there is hatred being expressed by some fans at the other place at this time because we now have two Sam-centric episodes showing in the second half of season 10 and AT is going over to SGA. They can't understand why TPTB/MGM would value AT so much. Of course, we all can understand it--and all the huge Sam fandom can understand it. So, there you go.

Line in the Sand:

Spoiler:
              I loved this episode. I can't believe that they made a good episode again after all this time. It all felt right. The storyline was solid and the characterizations were actually good! (Note: I haven't seen Quest II -- I might like that one too.)

Amanda's performance was wonderful as so many others have said. And so was BB's---I really liked Sam and Cam's interaction in this one--very realistic. And I loved that Sam brought up her dedication to science and her questioning faith. And that she had written letters to Cassie and other people who she cares deeply about in case something should happen to her. It gave a bit more insight into the character. We haven't seen that in ages---not since season 8!

It is gives me a little hope that this second half will actually be strong, and it gives me a little hope that TPTB could write Sam well in SGA.

Comment

[
                Who are you calling lower life form. We saved your rear!

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Was there an episode called The Return that I've just blocked? If not, what were you referring to?
                  Ooops. Episode of SGA with Landry

Comment

Okkies I don't know if you all will be able to help or not but I thought you may.

Does anyone know Amanda's MaGyver speech, I need it for a parody I am doing in my local theater group and keep walking into brick walls.

Help please....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Ooops. Episode of SGA with Landry
                      Oh, I didn't see that one. I'm a very casual SGAer atm. Of course, I should catch up since I will watch when AT is on.

What did your friend not like about Landry in that one? You can PM me if you want, since that is kind of OT for here.

Comment

Originally posted by frelledsenseless View Post
                        Okkies I don't know if you all will be able to help or not but I thought you may.

Does anyone know Amanda's MaGyver speech, I need it for a parody I am doing in my local theater group and keep walking into brick walls.

Help please....
                        Here ya go .........

"You spent 7 years on McGuyver and you can't figure this one out?
                        We, we got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.
                        You used to be McGuyver, McGadget, McGimmick now you're Mr McUseless
                        You're ... God ..... Stuck on a glacier with McGuyver."
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by frelledsenseless View Post

Help please....

Here's a link to that scene

MacUseless Speech
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            I Shall Have No Regrets

ETA: It's a convo between Sam and Vala.
                            Nice fic, thank you!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Hello Samanda's,

I've missed you all, I got home from the hospital yesterday
                            Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Welcome back! Glad you are home!

That's an interesting take on
                            Spoiler:
                            his motivation. My first thought was that he was too much of a coward to stand up to the IOC. But I don't know if that's correct-hasn't he done so before? It's interesting to think that maybe he was trying to set himself up as being able to say "You were wrong, Colonel. There was no need to be so cautious about that device." because perhaps, he thought, he would be able to use that against her in the future.

Whatever his motivation, it really made me activly dislike Landry. More even than his oversight in Insiders. Because that could be chalked up to forgetfullness, which while not the best trait in a base CO isn't quite as bad as activly dismissing your expert's opinion on the readiness of her countermeasure which was, thus far, their best and only chance against the Ori, and thus risking not only the device itself, but the only person they have capable of having created it.

Spoiler:
                            Wow, never thought of the mistake Landry made in forcing the team to use tech before it was ready. Endangering the team, the villagers, Sam, the tech, etc. How aggravating. When the base braniac/ genius says the tech is not ready, it probably isn't!
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              Here ya go .........

"You spent 7 years on McGuyver and you can't figure this one out?
                              We, we got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.
                              You used to be McGuyver, McGadget, McGimmick now you're Mr McUseless
                              You're ... God ..... Stuck on a glacier with McGuyver."
                              I just love that scene

No matter how many times I see it
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Wow, never thought of the mistake Landry made in forcing the team to use tech before it was ready. Endangering the team, the villagers, Sam, the tech, etc. How aggravating. When the base braniac/ genius says the tech is not ready, it probably isn't!
                                Spoiler:
                                To be honest, Landry isn’t impressing me as base commander.

Even leaving aside the issue of whether Sam or Mitchell should have command of SG-1, I think that Landry was wrong to leave the task of choosing the new SG-1 to Mitchell alone – while Mitchell would need to choose people he can work with, he had not been a part of an SG team before and couldn’t be expected to automatically know which candidates would be the best choices. It would have been much better if Landry had had Sam, Dixon or another SG team leader advise Mitchell.

He also should not have let Mitchell set foot through the stargate, or go on any missions without going through the proper training program. Not only was it unfair of Landry to send Mitchell off unprepared, he was risking the lives of the rest of the team.

In ‘Insiders’, when he knew that Sam had been captured, he should have locked her out of the computer system.

He was aware that there were problems with SG-1 but instead of dealing with those problems, he had a brief chat with Mitchell, gave him a pep talk and left the matter at that. The trip to Jack’s cabin may have been intended to help the team gel, maybe even to allow Landry to observe their interactions, but ultimately it wasn’t going to do any good. They can get on like a house on fire off duty but doesn’t mean that they are going to work well together on missions. Landry needed to dig a heck of a lot deeper than he did.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X