Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    *COUGH, COUGH, COUGH* darn there goes my coffee all over my screen...again
    Score one for the S/J shippers! Your turn panda bears Mandy.

Pst...Mandy, no drinking on the thread. Are you trying to ruin your keyboard?

Comment

Okay, just watched Line in the Sand. Spoilers below, but in brief, that was brill.

Spoiler:
      AT was very convincing as a seriously injured soldier, determined not to give up, there's more to courage than shooting people.

My only criticism wouldn't be about her but the makeup; she still looked a bit hale and hearty for someone in so much pain and shock.
      Not helped, of course by AT's usual glowing good health!

And I do think she would be a natural for comedy, her timing and expressions at the end with Cam (and his precious macaroons) was flawless.

It was a good episode all round.
      Vala and Tomin (it was nice to see the original Prior again, he's very spooky).
      Teal'c and the villagers, particularly the leader of the village (what a stunning woman!).
      Cam and Sam (bonding over biscuits, a long standing SG1 tradition, remember the walnut cookies?)

That's two great episodes in a run, lets hope next week keeps up the trend.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        Yay! Our first Sam/Shep shipper!! (that's quite a tongue twister) ROFL!

Yup! We love our Sam and welcome all who ship her. Or don't ship her. Or want her paired up with a brick wall or bowl of blue jello (don't laugh...that's an actual ship).

So Sam/Jack, Sam/McKay, Sam/Shep, Sam/whoever...Sam/Nobody...

We're all welcome here. Well, all except for jckfan, who's currently serving time in the kingdom stockade.

*insert cheesy grin here*
        jckfan from the stockade here:
        Luckily the jailers are quite kind, as all Samandans are, and they have allowed me access to the forum. And they do supply blue jello here, so that's not so bad Unfortunately there's no access to the Royal Liquor Cabinet. Methinks I should signal my friend the emu to come and kick down the door so I can make a break for it.

I have to say that although I'm desperately avoiding spoilers, from the positive tone I've observed here it looks like some great AT stuff to look forward to this spring. As one person in a commentary said (can't remember who) to the best of my recollection it was something like "just let Amanda go and you can't go wrong." My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Re: "Line in the Sand"

I agree wholeheartedly. She is (Amanda), just brilliant. I so admire the dedication she has to her craft and her talent. As ever, one can't say enough fantastic things about the lady, and mean every word sincerely.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
            Okay, just watched Line in the Sand.

Spoiler:
            Cam and Sam (bonding over biscuits, a long standing SG1 tradition, remember the walnut cookies?)
            No, I don't. However: HEAD EXPLOSION! You said 'biscuit' and you said 'cookie'. Have mercy! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              jckfan from the stockade here:
              Luckily the jailers are quite kind, as all Samandans are, and they have allowed me access to the forum. And they do supply blue jello here, so that's not so bad Unfortunately there's no access to the Royal Liquor Cabinet. Methinks I should signal my friend the emu to come and kick down the door so I can make a break for it.

I have to say that although I'm desperately avoiding spoilers, from the positive tone I've observed here it looks like some great AT stuff to look forward to this spring. As one person in a commentary said (can't remember who) to the best of my recollection it was something like "just let Amanda go and you can't go wrong." My thoughts exactly.
              I'm impressed with your will power! There is no way I could avoid spoilers. It is hard enough not to share them with hubby. I actually begged him to let me tell him one of the spoilers from LitS. At least my kids don't mind discussing spoilers with me, and I have GW. Yes, I am addicted/obsessed/insane. I freely admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                No, I don't. However: HEAD EXPLOSION! You said 'biscuit' and you said 'cookie'. Have mercy! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Snags jckfan's emu to keep DEM from getting up
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Snags jckfan's emu to keep DEM from getting up
                  DEM draws magic axe, lops off emu's head.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post

Fans DEM with an emu feather.
                    Didn't realise the effect it would have on you!

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

(((((Deejay))))) my thoughts and prayers are with you still
                      -

Comment

Anyone looking for the Garden of the Gods fanfic, it has a new home:

http://www.jackfic.com/

It's so good, you'll think you're watching an episode!

It is S/J related, but it's tastefully done!!

Ellie's uploading new chapters (I think) as we speak. Check for updates!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                          Number five does it for me. Blown away... she just... blows me away.
                          That's the image I can't seem to get out of my head.
                          Spoiler:
                          You could *feel* Sam's shock and terror and pain all rolled together. Nighmarish

On a lighter note. As much as I liked one specific shippy bit (yes, Eve, I know I watched it a lot) that wasn't the only thing I kept rewatching . I have to admit my second favorite scene in LiS was:
                          Spoiler:
                          The scene which begins with Sam asking Cam to bring her her laptop, but surprisingly (as a shipper) not because of the obvious reference to the ship in fishing as a password. What I LOVED about that bit was that Cam immediately assumed Sam the Colonel or Sam the Scientist wanted to do WORK on her laptop. But really, Sam the Person needed to make sure her personal files -- and by reference her personal life and those she cared about in it-- were taken care of. I can't picture an early Season Sam doing this, or being able to do this (having that many connections and a personal life actually needing a directory, I'm sorry to say). Even as late as D&C Sam had to write a letter to her father.. she didn't have personal letters ready to go. Yes, the fact that "fishing" was her password spoke of her relationship with Jack, but IMHO one of her whole issues with 'fishing' was also always her inability to just let go and relax and do nothing and be SAM... Jack just cared about her being SAM more than most people (sorry, couldn't help myself...)

So a personal directory associated with 'fishing' acknowledges the changes she's gone through over the last 10 years in learning to be a whole person, and 'fishing' -- just being SAM -- is now crucially important to her. I mean, there's a directory on her laptop where she can go and "fish" whenever she needs to
                          Hope this makes sense to someone...

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                            Going OT for a moment to fill you all in on the latest, since so many have PMed or greened me to ask:

Last CT scan wasn't good. The tumor is growing again-it's twice the size in volume, which explains the massive pain I've been in lately. Other tumors that weren't growing before now are.

I've stopped the clinical trial and go back to traditional chemo on Friday. My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping that this will work as quickly as the last chemo I was on.

Don't worry, I'm still fighting.
                            (((((((DEEJ))))))) Keep up your spirits! Be strong with that positive outlook! You know we're here for you and there's strength in numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              That's the image I can't seem to get out of my head.
                              Spoiler:
                              You could *feel* Sam's shock and terror and pain all rolled together. Nighmarish

On a lighter note. As much as I liked one specific shippy bit (yes, Eve, I know I watched it a lot) that wasn't the only thing I kept rewatching . I have to admit my second favorite scene in LiS was:
                              Spoiler:
                              The scene which begins with Sam asking Cam to bring her her laptop, but surprisingly (as a shipper) not because of the obvious reference to the ship in fishing as a password. What I LOVED about that bit was that Cam immediately assumed Sam the Colonel or Sam the Scientist wanted to do WORK on her laptop. But really, Sam the Person needed to make sure her personal files -- and by reference her personal life and those she cared about in it-- were taken care of. I can't picture an early Season Sam doing this, or being able to do this (having that many connections and a personal life actually needing a directory, I'm sorry to say). Even as late as D&C Sam had to write a letter to her father.. she didn't have personal letters ready to go. Yes, the fact that "fishing" was her password spoke of her relationship with Jack, but IMHO one of her whole issues with 'fishing' was also always her inability to just let go and relax and do nothing and be SAM... Jack just cared about her being SAM more than most people (sorry, couldn't help myself...)

So a personal directory associated with 'fishing' acknowledges the changes she's gone through over the last 10 years in learning to be a whole person, and 'fishing' -- just being SAM -- is now crucially important to her. I mean, there's a directory on her laptop where she can go and "fish" whenever she needs to
                              Hope this makes sense to someone...
                              Wow, excellent post regarding LitS! Sam really has 'grown up' before our very eyes. As each of us has changed over the past decade so has Sam. Amanda, I am impressed! Bravo!!!! Amazing job!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Wow, excellent post regarding LitS! Sam really has 'grown up' before our very eyes. As each of us has changed over the past decade so has Sam. Amanda, I am impressed! Bravo!!!! Amazing job!
                                Which brings up another interesting point:
                                Spoiler:
                                Even bleeding to death with a massive abdomenal wound, writhing on the floor in excuriciating pain, SAM is still issuing orders to MITCHELL who is panicing and doesn't know what to do next...

Nuff said... (except her first thought is still to protect the village and secure the technology needed for Earth's survival.. which is KEWL)

Comment

Working...
                                X