Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    I agree jckfan. However, I think our common opinions about the writers writing the easy stuff with Daniel/Vala all the time can be applied to Sam and McKay. They write what they know, because they know it's pretty successful. Despite what some may believe about the pairing - myself included - the Daniel/Vala dynamic was explosively successful in a good chunk of the fandom, just as the Sam/McKay has been steadily popular in the fandom as well. Instead of taking a risk ("Hey, let's pair WOMEN together, and see how that goes some time! Or, better yet, let's move away from the Cam/Teal'c, Shep/Ronon, Cam/Daniel, Shep/McKay, Cam/Shep pairings, and try something new when we have the chance!"), they stick to what's worked and what comes naturally to them.
    In a way, I can understand that the writers want to stick with what they believe works - with the ratings the way they are, they may want to play it safe - but even if they want to keep the dynamic between Sam and McKay, why not try to let third person interact with them; Sam, McKay and Sheppard could have to go off on a mission somewhere, or Sam and McKay could work with Zelenka, consult with Weir, etc. They could keep the Sam/McKay banter, but it wouldn't have to exclude any and all other interactions.

As Deejay435 pointed out, AT has wonderful chemistry with other actors so it would be a shame if TPTB wasted any opportunity to take advantage of this.

Hurrah! Post 4,000.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Bah! OK, for AD's sake, you could always make it an uh-oh! oreo:

ETA: And I'll happily contribute to a double-chocolate (or whatever) oreo with le boys.
      ETA2: Back on point, ahem, I smell a plot bunny for ya, Sky. Some Teal'c/Sam/Ronon action...
      AD's opinion is immaterial to this conversation.

*drops dead on floor from the pretty*
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        Hurrah! Post 4,000.
        Whoop!
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i didn't vote in the categories i had fic in either

dunno if it was against the rules or not, but i wont' vote for my own fic, but i couldn't vote against it either
          I vote for my favorite fics in each category. That said, I do not (and have not) always voted for my own stories. (I end up voting for a lot of the stories I nominate...) This year is really tough since there are so many stories in some categories. I hardly think that one vote is going to make any difference at all.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            I vote for my favorite fics in each category. That said, I do not (and have not) always voted for my own stories. (I end up voting for a lot of the stories I nominate...) This year is really tough since there are so many stories in some categories. I hardly think that one vote is going to make any difference at all.
            I don't envy the people in charge of counting the votes. With so many stories in some categories, there are bound to be ties.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
              I'd like to see Sam/Weir/Teyla save Atlantis by themselves. I don't want a Hathor part 2 (although I loved that episode), but it would be cool to see those three women rescue all Atlantis's alpha males.
              It would definitely be interesting to see the 'women' get to play together *hmm, not sure that came out right* rather than the usual male bonding stuff. I agree that that as much as I like the AT/DH dynamic, she has great chemistry with all of the actors and it would be interesting to see that mixed up more.

I mean Sam and Weir have an interesting backstory in that Sam literally blackmailed Weir into approving the mission where Sam and Teal'c went to contact the Asgard in order to save Jack...it would be interesting to see if that creates any tension between them if they had to work closely to save the guys.

And I think Sam and Teyla might find a lot of common ground in terms of their usually being the 'girl' out in the field.

I like this idea lots.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                It would definitely be interesting to see the 'women' get to play together *hmm, not sure that came out right* rather than the usual male bonding stuff. I agree that that as much as I like the AT/DH dynamic, she has great chemistry with all of the actors and it would be interesting to see that mixed up more.

I mean Sam and Weir have an interesting backstory in that Sam literally blackmailed Weir into approving the mission where Sam and Teal'c went to contact the Asgard in order to save Jack...it would be interesting to see if that creates any tension between them if they had to work closely to save the guys.

And I think Sam and Teyla might find a lot of common ground in terms of their usually being the 'girl' out in the field.

I like this idea lots.

But there definitely needs to be an episode where Sam, Vala, Elizabeth and Teyla become space pirates/save the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

But there definitely needs to be an episode where Sam, Vala, Elizabeth and Teyla become space pirates/save the galaxy.
                  ...From the evil hairy Furlings, whereupon we find out that Cam was really one of them in disguise the whole time when he's exposed to NAIR and his face begins to melt off. Then the girls have to decide whether to save him or shave him... for the betterment of all life in the quadrent (which is the part where Teal'c comes in...)

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    ...From the evil hairy Furlings, whereupon we find out that Cam was really one of them in disguise the whole time when he's exposed to NAIR and his face begins to melt off. Then the girls have to decide whether to save him or shave him... for the betterment of all life in the quadrent (which is the part where Teal'c comes in...)

mg
                    I think I saw this episode on the Playboy Channel.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

mg
                      ...Teal'c enters the room, carrying a leather bag "Do not worry Col. Carter, I have come to lend my assistance. Please put that pink razor away, it will be of no use in this circumstance." Teal'c opens the leather bag and pulls out his old shaving equipment, which he no longer uses since he has let his hair grow.....
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

congrats Deejay435 on 1000 posts

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          as much as i enjoy sam/rod, it woud be nice to see some sam/shep or sam/teyla...something a bit unique and different

how about sam/ronon??? after almost a decade with teal'c, how do you think she'd handle ronon's 'me big bad alien kick butt man'
                          Yeah always the Sam/Rod thing.... some times Yes, but Not too much!

A show always has to get new things/parts/storrys and some great crossovers in season 4 would be perfect for that.
                          Sam/Teyla and Sam/Liz would be great but also Teal'C/Ronon Sam/Danial/Shep would also be a great team!

Some more intergalactic jurneys would be cool too, in order to see/use the SG-1 sets again!

But what I really wouldn't ever to happen is a meeting of Ori and Wraith. This would be strange and unreal!

Mick.

PS: grats Deejay435! 1000 posts - great!

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            In a way, I can understand that the writers want to stick with what they believe works - with the ratings the way they are, they may want to play it safe - but even if they want to keep the dynamic between Sam and McKay, why not try to let third person interact with them; Sam, McKay and Sheppard could have to go off on a mission somewhere, or Sam and McKay could work with Zelenka, consult with Weir, etc. They could keep the Sam/McKay banter, but it wouldn't have to exclude any and all other interactions.

As Deejay435 pointed out, AT has wonderful chemistry with other actors so it would be a shame if TPTB wasted any opportunity to take advantage of this.

Hurrah! Post 4,000.
                            I totally agree. All of the actors, imo, have strengths and weaknesses that are complemented by their cast mates. And I think it could do all of them some good to be paired with other combinations.

Just like with the SG-1 cast, they have these grooves that they stick to, for some reason. Instead of Jason Momoa always with Rachel Luttrell, and David Hewlett always with Joe Flanigan, why NOT change it up?

I've gotta say I was pleasantly surprised to see that Teyla and McKay were matched up with the science in "Phantoms," because it's off the mark of what they're always trying to do with the characters. It was also nice to see Teyla and Sheppard playing off of each other in a (again, imo) plainly platonic way.

That said, with the issues that they have with shaking it up with the new SG-1, and the issues they still have with shaking it up on Atlantis, I'd be really surprised if we saw other dynamics played out before season's end.

Also...

Congrats on 4000, ReganX!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

*pats AD on the head*

Only in LJ fanfic, dear AD. Only in LJ fanfic.

Comment

Only in LJ fanfic, dear AD. Only in LJ fanfic.
                                Spoilsport!

Comment

Working...
                                X