X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        I definitely think that the team vibe would have remained intact with just Sam, Daniel and Teal'c on the team - in fact, we could well have seen more interaction between them and seen them form a very effective, well-adjusted team under Sam's leadership.
        Exactly. As much as I blame RCC (and now JM--see Whingenuts post by (?) on "Ties that Bind commentary) I think some of the blame for the problem is the network. They just couldn't see the show working without a new male "star" and they tried to force BB into that role. As much as I can see that adding a character could add a new twist/or a recharge, the way they did it totally discounted the significance of not only AT but CJ & MS too. Sam was doing fine as leader of the team and they could have increased the team bond moments that we love in S9.

Comment

Comment

Comment

IMO , in what ever hair style AT/SC wears... she is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i really liked her s3 hair although the longer do for early s4 was good too

and,currently, those caps from abbylord look good. nice and smooth and pretty

I'm a 'neat hair' nut and so the 'bed head' do's just don't sit well with me
                Well it's not hair for "on the job" to me. A woman in the military, I would think, needs to not have anything that would seem to take away from her authority or competence. I like the seasons where her hair is smooth, fairly short, but feminine at the same time. Just my taste. Of course AT bald (as was mentioned) or with a GI Jane cut would look feminine.
                Edit: not that I ever thought Sam didn't have seriousness/authority no matter her hairstyle.
                Last edited by jckfan55; 21 April 2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I think I have to agree with AD. Those are my favorite looks for Sam as well. I think season 2 and the beginning of season 4 are my least favorite. Probably because I think AT's best features are her eyes and her smile and when it's really long like that it detracts from her eyes. But as everyone has said Amanda looks great with just about any haircut. If only she had as much luck on the show with wigs. TBTGOG was the best wig I think and the one in New Order was ok, but I really hated the wig they used in POV. I think the hair extensions AT wore right before season 8 were really lovely. It's too bad they didn't use them for the filming of New Order.
                  The Point of View hair is so bad it really detracts from my enjoyment of the episode. And of course that wig in the one where their robot selves go through the gate is no prize either--kind of plastic looking. If it had been that bad in Tin Man they would have known right away they were robots. I thought New Order was the best of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Well it's not hair for "on the job" to me. A woman in the military, I would think, needs to not have anything that would seem to take away from her authority or competence. I like the seasons where her hair is smooth, fairly short, but feminine at the same time. Just my taste. Of course AT bald (as was mentioned) or with a GI Jane cut would look feminine.
                    We have to remember or take into account that she might want a hairstyle that doesn't give you 'hat head' with all the helmets and different hat costumes she's had to wear over the years.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Well, *I* don't mind. I wasn't a big McGyver fan but I am jckfan & so RDAfan too...
                      you know, neither was in. my mom, on the other hand, had been in love with him since his 'general hospital' days. she also thinks he's hers, but i have to remind her daily that he's MINE

but the macgyver stuff wasn't really for me. okay, i didn't like his hair!

I like that RDA and AT seem to be friends and are doing charity things together like this lunch and the skiing thing this winter. They both seem very conscious of the good their postions allow them to do.
                      i think this is awesome what they're doing! and them being such good friends only makes it better.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Here are a couple of AT hairstyles I think look great

*TJ thinking* hairstyle I'm not looking at her hair
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was very upset with my mum tonight. We were chatting and I was telling her about the London Comic Con and stuff, and how I wanted to go. As soon as she realised Torri, Rachel, Don and Gates McFadden were going to be there, it was less of a case of persuading her to let me go, than to stop her coming with me.

Anyway, the problem. We got talking about SG1 and season nine. She was gushing about how much she loved Cameron, which I can deal with, because, you know, some people like Cameron, and my mum has always been a Sam fan.

So I said, as you do, "I haven't got much of a problem with Cameron, except that he'd be a much better Major, or 2IC. He's just not right as leadership material."

And my mum, the woman who has been a Sam fan for years, and has continuously pestered me, saying "you could do to be more like that, Tracy Jane"... she turned round and said "Well, it's better than having that dry humourless witch running the show."

"What, Vala? I know her humour leaves something to be desired, but..."

"No. Sam. She just hasn't fitted in since she came back. Not to mention the weight she's put on."

"That's cos she had a baby," I replied. "And she hasn't fitted in? "

My mum then replied, "They've finally got a cute, baby faced lead actor with a fabulous sense of humour, have Vala who is the best character written, and they've found their niche. This is what they should have done years ago. It's time for that old crow to leave."

I was stunned. Absolutely stunned.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I too am shocked TJ, it's time to lock your mother in her room without any supper until she comes to her senses
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              IMO , in what ever hair style AT/SC wears... she is awesome
                              you got that right, gatebee!

and thanks for the sam pics.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

If only. I could always ask my dad to execute that plan, seeing as I'm here and my sis lives in London. She passed her driving test today, by the way. First time! And apparently noone passes first time in London (her driving instructor actually told her before taking the test that she didn't stand a chance because of it). So that's two Hawkes sisters on the road. Mwahahahahahahahaha.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X